• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
They shoot at him. They miss - a lot. They will eventually fall, one at a time. What else is there to hope for, really? Other than that the explosives will be finished once these robots have seen their demise? Not much. So... not much reason to change anything at all, really. Right?

"C'mon, you're not that slow, are you? Give it a try, at least."

There's a mad grin on the Crazy's face. Right now, he enjoys himself very much. In moments like these, he feels invulnerable. And if he isn't quite there, he still always made it out in one piece, so it's practically the same, right? Another leap. Another thrust, this time aiming for the bot he just left behind.

Same old, same old.
+16 dodge
+14 to strike
6d6 damage, +1d4x10+10 acid

Again, Eron's superior mobility as a Crazy keep you from getting hit, even by the volume of fire from the Skelebots. Your counterstrike, however does go wide, and you don't connect with your target.

Purr Purr is up

28 - Eron [5]
21 - Snowfall [4] <====
18 - Skelebots 1-4 Magic Netted
16 - Morrolan [4]
14 - Skelebot 7-9 wind blown and helpless
10 - Terra [4]
10 - Infiltrator [4]
9 - Skelebot 12-15 [3] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion
4 - Skelebot 16-20 [3] serious damage / wind blown and helpless

Last edited:
Feeling a sensation of relief from the sight of his forcefield surrounding him, Snowfall looks to Eron's wild melee...

"Hey, do you need a--"

... only to discover that not only did Eron have things in hand, but he was cleaning house! Sticky pieces of sparky trash-bots littered the floor and there he was jumping to another one! His speed and technique were amazing to watch. Truly superhuman!

"--Amaterasu Omikami! Wow!"

And yet, the Coalition androids were still shooting at him. Well, Snowfall couldn't have that! What kind of teammate would he be if you just stood there and did nothing? He yells at the Skelebots. "That's it, you phony-bonies! It's time for... 'Lightning from Valhalla!'"

Snowfall brings forth his Rod of Weather Control, which he is quickly drawing a liking to, and loosens its lightning strike upon a Skelebot that Eron is not swinging on.

Snowfall is calling upon this power:
can hurl lightning bolts that do 2d6 MD per level of the wielder (2,000 foot range).
Total 16D6 M.D. but I don't know which method you're using to determine success? If it is a Strike, then his current modifier is +18.

With the Skelebot stuck in place, it is unable to dodge out of the way of Snowfall's lightning blast. Electrical arcs cover its body as it shudders under the impact, but it is not destroyed.

Skelebots 1-4 are making very slow progress against the Magic Net. Eventually they will be free, but it will take several minutes.

Morrolan sees Snowfall's efforts to destroy the stuck Skelebot, and joins in with a small thrown fireball that bursts against its armored skin. It is still standing.

Psychie Psychie is up

28 - Eron [5]
21 - Snowfall [5]
16 - Morrolan [5]
10 - Terra [4] <====
10 - Infiltrator [4] <====
9 - Skelebot 12 [3] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion / moderate damage
9 - Skelebot 13-15 [3] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion

Terra continues to focus on the work of placing the explosives, wishing desperately to be able to join in the fighting but knowing that this task ahead of her is just as important to a far greater number of lives than just the few people here. She has to finish her work, and doesn't even bother with raising her eyes off of the focus of her attention.
MDC:
Talisman: 100
Invulnerability Tattoo: 600
Battle Fury Blade Force Field: Not active yet.
Body Armor: 35

Hit Points: 54
SDC: 165
PPE: 145 +2d4 per level
Power Matrix: 80 PPE
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10
Bonus Points: 9

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +12
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Initiative: +6
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +3
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 10 / 5 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Damage: +2
Critical Strike on a 19-20
Infiltrator Automation
Main Body MDC: 220
PPE Reserves: 120 / 30

Terra is making good progress, but you still have many explosives to place.

Skelebots 12-15 continue to try and shoot Eron as he leaps about on top of them. They will hit unless you dodge.

Skelebots 16-20 are still tumbling around in the winds, and are unable to react.

Silanon Silanon is up with a defense and your action.

28 - Eron [7] <====
21 - Snowfall [5]
16 - Morrolan [5]
10 - Terra [5]
10 - Infiltrator [5]
9 - Skelebot 12 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion / moderate damage
9 - Skelebot 13-15 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion

Last edited:
Once more, the guns turn towards him; and again, Eron does not feel like getting shot. Not like he has much to fear; not yet. But if they never hit him again, he will take them out eventually. Or the others will. In any case, they will continue to fire at him - and that's enough to get the job done. Once more, his muscles tense up - once more, they send him through the air, forward across the magical carpet. That way, he'll behind them, so any stray shots won't start an accidental explosion. Hopefully. The landing, however, lacks a certain grace - or seemingly so. His right knee gives in a bit too much. Nothing but a feint. If they see him as the easy target, they'll continue to fire at him, he reckons. If they do that, the others are safe.

+16 to dodge, using my last action.

Last edited:
Out of all that fire, one of the Skelebots does manage to score a hit on Eron, and you take a whopping 14 MD. A very low roll, especially for a critical strike. It's a good for Eron, though, so I'm sure you won't complain.

Purr Purr is up

28 - Eron [8]
21 - Snowfall [5] <====
16 - Morrolan [5]
10 - Terra [5]
10 - Infiltrator [5]
9 - Skelebot 12 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion / moderate damage
9 - Skelebot 13-15 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion

Snowfall brings forth his Rod of Weather Control and looses another electrical blast at the most-damaged of the Skelebots (#12). While he is doing this, he is studying how this strike takes place and the magic therein.

Is this a Strike-based roll? A saving throw? How does this lightning strike work? Besides it doing 2D6 M.D./level of experience?

"Hey, Skellie! If you shoot at my buddy, we get to shoot at you! So eat another lightning blast already, ya overblown toaster oven!"

Last edited:
Snowfall's lightning bolt flies out and blasts a hole in the chest of the damaged Skelebot, causing a large gout of smoke to belch out of the hole and the bot shudders and falls to the deck.

Morrolan casts another Fire Bolt spell at one of the stuck Skelebots, causing minor damage.

Psychie Psychie is up. What does the Atlantian do now?

28 - Eron [8]
21 - Snowfall [6]
16 - Morrolan [6]
10 - Terra [5] <====
10 - Infiltrator [5] <====
9 - Skelebot 13 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion / minor damage
9 - Skelebot 14-15 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion

Terra is about to take another few grenades from the case they are in when she pauses for a moment. Wait a minute! What if I just put the whole frigging case of these things up against the reactor?!? That should be much faster than doing this a few at a time! We can then set these things off and get the hell out of here! She then grabs the box and runs towards the next place that looks like it could use a few explosions on it, sliding the case up against the core and sets them to blow.

OOC I'm going to use a Action Point to help my roll so I have less of a chance to ruin it. EDIT: Good thing I did! I would have blown that roll if it wasn't for the extra 25% gained from the Action Point!
MDC:
Talisman: 100
Invulnerability Tattoo: 600
Battle Fury Blade Force Field: Not active yet.
Body Armor: 35

Hit Points: 54
SDC: 165
PPE: 145 +2d4 per level
Power Matrix: 80 PPE
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10
Bonus Points: 9 / 8

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +12
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Damage: +3

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 10 / 5 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Damage: +2
Critical Strike on a 19-20
Infiltrator Automation
Main Body MDC: 220
PPE Reserves: 120 / 30

With Terra using her own self to place the bombs, she uses the Infiltrator to throw a lightning bolt at the one damaged Skelebot.

EDIT: Forgot to add, Terra calls out, "All our presents are placed! We can blow this place sky high and get the hell out of here anytime now!"

Last edited:
Terra slides the case of grenades up against something that looks important and sets them go off, and has her Automation throw a lighting bolt at the damaged Skelebot, barely hitting it even with it stuck in place.

All your grenades are now in position and are ready to detonate.

Purr Purr do you have any actions left? If so, what do you wish to do?

28 - Eron [8]
21 - Snowfall [6] <====
16 - Morrolan [6]
10 - Terra [6]
10 - Infiltrator [6]
9 - Skelebot 13 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion / serious damage
9 - Skelebot 14-15 [5] stuck in Carpet of Adhesion

Snowfall uses his last Action of the Round to fly to a spot where the slowest in the party can reach him at the same time as the fastest. There, he calls upon one of his favorite Tattoos - Dimensional Teleport - to escape the pits of Lone Star and the explosion of the reactor!

"Hey, Eron! Time ta flyyy!" Snowfall zooms by and reaches out a hand for Eron to take to carry him to the others. As he passes by the Skelebots and the raging winds, soon-to-die Coalition scientists, and the complete chaos of the scene, Snowfall can't help but call out to them too.

"Oh ho ho! You've been a lovely audience! Thank you so very much for having us! Goodniiight!"

Last edited:
Terra takes a page from Snowfall's playbook and activates her own Flight Tattoo. While not as fast as the Kitsune's, it is sure a hell of a lot faster than her own running speed! Moving as fast as she can, she flies over and snags up Morrolan in a bear hug, cranking up the speed as much as possible to get to where Snowfall and Eron is waiting.

As they are flying, she has her Infiltrator stand by with its lightning staff to detonate the grenades to make the whole place go up in pure light.

Once over to Snowfall and Eron, she skids to a stop before simply crashing into them and shouts, "Punch it, Snowfall! Lets blow this joint! Go go go!"

Last edited:
As Terra sends the mental order to the Automation to open fire on the grenades, Snowfall activates his Dimensional Teleport power to get the four of you out of there before you get caught up in the explosion of the reactor. Explosions start to rip across the reactor core as the grenades start to go off, then there is a sudden shift in the background scenery and the four of you tumble to the ground, lying in the grass under a sunny sky. A cool breeze is flowing through the trees, and you are clearly not in Texas anymore.

Looking around, you can see that you are in a large courtyard in front of a small pyramid. I say it is a small pyramid, but it is still at least a hundred feet tall, and it is being used to control the ley line nexus that it is sitting on. Around the pyramid are several smaller buildings that look like they are direct transplants from ancient Greece or Rome, with men and women walking about in lightweight robes and togas.

As you are untangling yourselves from one another and getting up, a group of four people with armored breastplates and bearing weapons come walking up; three men and one woman. Both Snowfall and Terra can tell that they are Atlantians, all from Terra's clan of Draco Amicus as can be seen from the Marks of Heritage on their arms. They four are not immediately hostile, but you can tell that they are wary of you and are ready to attack at any provocation. One of the men calls out in Greek, "Strangers! Can you understand me? Who are you and what is your business here?"

Terra doesn't make any sudden moves as she looks up at the four warriors. Raising up her hands to show off her own clan tattoos, she replies in Greek, "Don't worry, my kinsmen. We are not a threat to anyone here. I am Terra Alvana, and these fellows are my companions and friends. We have Eron, Snowfall, and Morrolan. We were on Earth a moment ago, trying to stop the Coalition from unleashing a group of genetically engineered monsters that feed on magic on the world to hunt down people like us. It was quite the fight we were in the middle of there." She looks around, then asks, "Just so I know, where did we end up? Where is here? This place looks somewhat familiar, but I'm not sure."

Just a moment ago...

"Sayonaraaa, baybee!!"

Once everyone is within his range, Snowfall focuses his mind, his spirit, and all of his energies into getting everyone the heck out of there! It was moments like these that he decided to be a Tattooed Voyager in the first place. What excitement! What exhileration! And what a great way to get out of a very bad situation!

Now...

"Mish Turrbah!!" Deep in the tangle of limbs, Snowfall tries to shout at Miss Terra. "Get'cher shoo outta my faysch!"

Once he is dislodged and free, Snowfall immediately transforms into his short and furry (and rather adorable if he must say) Kitsune form! All seven of his tails swish about wildly as he lies back in oh-so-pleasant grip of the soft green grass. He waves his arm and legs all about. He enjoys the very smell of the grass and open air all around him. He smiles widely feeling the familiar ley line not too far away. He had delivered the right where he wanted!

In his elation of having successfully completed the mission and gotten everyone out who wanted to get out of Lone Star, Snowfall can't help himself but belt this one out!

"The stars at night are big and bright..." * clap clap clap clap*

"...DEEP IN THE HEAAART OF TEXAAAS!"

"Awoooo! Guys, guys! We did it! Waahahaaa!"

When the Atlanteans show up, Snowfall is at first too busy rejoicing to be alive to notice them. But when they start talking, he perks up and replies in Greek. "Hey, hey! We're the good guys! See?" He proudly displays his Clan Aurelous tattoo.

"Flaming Broadsword Entwined Down the Length of the Blade by a Vine-like Rose Branch, its Thorns Dripping Blood, and a White Rose at the Hilt. Written on a parchment over the vine is the clan name." (On left wrist)

"Any chance we can speak in English or maybe Elfish so our other buddies can enjoy the conversation?"

Then it strikes him again that he has braved the dangers of one of the most powerful and mysterious Coalition strongholds on Earth and lived to tell the tale - and what a tale it is!

"Waaaahaha!"

Last edited:
With the revelation of the two Clan symbols, the level of tension in the four drops a bit, even as they continue to eye you with curiosity. The one that was speaking in Greek earlier shifts his language to English, saying, "Welcome, kinsman and fellow travelers. Please pardon our caution. One never knows what might be out there, ready to emerge from some dark dimension. You have arrived at Erin Nova, one of Clan Draco Amicus' land holdings."

A different guard looks closely at Snowfall before saying, "I remember you, traveler. You are one of the many messengers of Clan Aurelous, are you not? Yes. You were here not that long ago." He seems to be giving the others a signal to ease back on the level of attention that they are giving all of you, now that two of the four of you are known to them.
You would know that Erin Nova is not the main home of your Clan, but it is one of a few 'publicly' known lands claimed by your Clan. Your 'true' home is a Dyson Sphere known as Terra Orbis and is a closely guarded secret, known only by members of Clan Draco Amicus. Even Snowfall doesn't know about the hidden gem that conceals your people from the threats of the Megaverse.
Erin Nova is where Snowfall last met Terra's immediate family, where they gave him the important task of keeping their wayward daughter safe. It is quite likely that you will be warmly welcomed by Terra's family here. How does a soft bed and a warm meal sound to you?

With the threat of immediate combat at the hands of these guards drops, Morrolan offers up a bow. "Greetings. As Ms. Terra has said, I am Morrolan, and I greet you. I am a double refugee, first from my homeland in the Kess Forest when my people were routed by armies of the Witch King, and second from the farm that I had settled in at on Earth in the old land known as Texas. My companions saved me from being devoured by an Ashwarra, and in return I helped them in their task of destroying a secret lab in the heart of the Lone Star complex."

The Atlantean speaker offers a hand to Morrolan. "As a companion of one of our Clan daughters, if she vouches for you, you are welcome here. Same for you, traveler." This last is directed at Eron. "You may enter Erin Nova as our guests."

Terra brightens up at the news that they are at Erin Nova. "Ohmygod! Snowfall, you brought us to my home! I haven't been here in years! I have to take you all to see my family, and I won't take 'no' for an answer! C'mon, guys! You get to meet my parents!" Terra doesn't need magic to float along; she is quite buoyed by being here.

For just a moment, the Crazy simply lies in the grass, staring at the unfamiliar sky in wonder - then, he hastily sits up, with both hands frantically searching his clothes until at last, his right hand gets a grip of the leather pouch, source of his strength. You never know, with travels like these, right? better to be safe, and make sure it's still there. When it is, a sigh of relief as he flops back onto the ground - only to leap to his feet right after. Not quite sure how to behave, he's happy to linger behind the others as the talking begins, right until they address him directly and don't leave much of a choice. "An honor, that. An honor indeed. To be here, and to be a guest. Eron's the name, like... sorry."

It is in that moment that he figures out that it might be wise to sheath his blade, and not use it to point at his companion. He does just that, then points with his thumb. "Eron's the name, like Terra just said. Thanks for the hospitality, and all that." He turns towards Terra. "Dunno, you know? Would be a pleasure, of course." His voice does clearly betray his doubts. "But they'll have much to do, with little time. And it's not like there's much I'd have to discuss..." He is a man of weapons, not words. Born for combat, not courtesy.

As he is frolicking in the grass, a sudden serious thought strikes the Kitsune. In moments, he is in his Dimensional Pocket pulling out his writing utensils and carefully scribing something within. At last, he gazes at his own words as if reading them back to himself. Then, with a satisfied sigh, he relaxes back into the grass and sunshine!

And it's not like there's much I'd have to discuss..."

"Oh, I wouldn't be too sure of that, Eron-san!" Snowfall points out the Atlanteans. "These folk have more time fighting alongside honorable good guys like the Cyber-Knights than most! I just beeetcha they have some stories to tell! I betcha indeed!"

Terra is all smiles as she guides her three friends along away from the plaza in front of the pyramid over to the house where her parents live, practically skipping along as she walks the familiar paths, waving to the various clan members that she sees on the way. "Let me give you a little bit of info about my parents. Mom is Axtis Jen, a Shifter mage and explorer that has traveled around Earth for many years before settling down here. Dad is Nicholas Alvana, and he has a bit of sway in the clan, and he's rather . . . protective? Of me. Just a bit. Sort of. In the kind of way that is almost too protective instead of being a reasonable man. Daddy is a good man, and I guess I can't blame him for what he does, even if he makes me feel like a child sometimes."

Snowfall strolls along with his fellow Terminators (at least until someone else comes up with a better name! Hah!). "I believe it was your father's idea that I check on you in the first place, but it was Mom's idea to reward me with... this! Wheee!" Snowfall takes from his kit the super-awesome-magical-lunchbox and, after gazing adoringly at it for a moment, slips it open and begins dining on fresh tofu, steamed rice, and perfectly-heated sake! "Om nom nom nom!" he noms, offering up some to Eron, Terra, and Morrolan.

"Yer mishin' out if ye dun try schom!" he offers the food while chomping down in a very fox-like fashion. After he gulps it down, he looks up to the leader of the team with curiosity in his eyes and his seven tails flashing all about his snow-white fur. "Miss Terra, I've never seen you leave an Automaton behind like that before. Now, maybe they're as disposable to you as a grunt's guns, but it took me by surprise. Is this a thing Battle Controllers just do or... is it something else? I would have real yen that you wouldn't have left Baby, Junior, or Tiny behind. Would I have lost that bet?"

Terra looks over at Snowfall and replies to his question with, "The Automations used by the Controllers are valuable, but compared to our lives, they are expendable. While I would have liked to bring the Infiltrator with us, leaving it behind was a no brainer to get the mission done and all of us out of there in one piece. In order to stick it to the Coalition, I would have gladly left all of my Automations behind to twist the knife in the ribs of those assholes trying to eliminate all magic in the world."

She shakes her head, and continues. "We struck a blow for those that can't fight for themselves, stopping the Coalition from unleashing those monsters on the world. I miss having the extra hands of my toys to help carry things around, but I'll live with it. Right now, I am looking forward to getting some downtime, and what better place to do than here? We can decompress from our stressful run, and talk about our next moves in peace."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back