• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"If the alternative is a long walk or swim, then why not?" Snowfall agrees.

"Right, right." Eron nods in agreement as well. "Don't mind walking, or running, or swimming, myself; but I'd mind being too late, just to stretch our legs a little. Whatever they plan, it's big, after all. The sooner we stop it, the better, and all that. Plus, you never know what might go wrong. He might not be here any longer, but was still active in the area here for a while. The moment we teleport out with that shiny fortress, we probably avoid a dozen of his traps by accident. You know, by just not being there to run into them. That'd be good, I'd say. Just gotta let the people know that while things are over, they actually aren't. There might still parts of his plans left behind; just not as big as the thing in..." He gestures wildly as the name escapes him for a moment. "... Lone Star, that's it. Not as big as that, hopefully."

Brazamal smiles, then says, "Good. Its decided, then. I can start making my own preparations for the spell this afternoon, and that will take me a little bit of time. Time enough for the mobile fortress to be moved closer to the pyramid, and for you to make any last minute arrangements before the spell is started. Once the ritual has begun, it won't take long to open the rift to our destination. After that, we can discuss possible means of transport to Lone Star for our Daisy here to get you inside."

During Brazamal's prep work time, Terra will devote herself to making sure that all the gear that can be moved from the bunker is transferred into the mobile fortress to get ready for the rift jump back to Dweomer. There is always something to do, isn't there? Now, lets talk to those were-jaguar kids that have asked to come with us.

She then goes to round up the dozen or so tribesmen that have had a taste of excitement and now want to leave with them. It is important to her to make sure that these kids are doing this for more than just kicks, and fully understand the implications of their decision to leave their ancestral home.

The members of the were-jaguar tribe that have come forward to Terra asking to come with you are all fairly young, most of them being teenagers or in their early twenties. As the Atlantean lays down the hard facts of life on the road, many of them look uncertain and hesitate, but a few still seem to be quite ready to join your group. Of the twenty or so kids, only eight of the bunch are still anxious to leave the jungles of South America and seek the life of an adventurer.

During all of this, Brazamal is working hard to mark the area around the mobile fortress to be ready to open up the rift. It is not long before he is ready to begin casting the spell, and will need the PPE of several people to be able to make the rift open. He sends word around to everyone, saying that the ritual can begin at any time, making sure that everyone is set with their weapons and gear ready for a fight if there is any sort of bump in the exit point of the rift and there are hostiles at the other end.

Snowfall steps up, ready to provide his energies. As a Tattooed Voyager with Dimensional magic and tons of experience, he was hoping he could be of some use here beyond being just another P.P.E. battery, but Brazamal clearly had everything under control. Still, he had had a thrilling, rewarding adventure here in Central America and one he would not soon forget.

When Brazamal realizes that Snowfall has real knowledge of what he is working on and not just talking out your ass, he happily puts you to work assisting in the prep work for the ritual, aiding him in drawing symbols around the mobile fortress to help focus the rift on it when the spell is cast. As all of this is going on, the group of were-jaguars that wish to leave the jungle aid in the work of loading the supplies from the bunker into the fortress, all with Sir Allen's aid and watchful eye. It will not be long before the ritual is ready.

Silanon Silanon , Psychie Psychie and Rykon Rykon What are the three of you doing during this time?

Since the ritual is far beyond his understanding of magic - and beyond his patience, too - Eron's focus is on helping with the packing, getting more familiar with the armor, and keeping his few belongings safe from the new 'allies'. In reversed order of priority, most likely.
Great idea, that, bringing the cats along now that they could've stayed behind... oh well, they didn't mess up the fight against Salnesh. They're keeping their distance, mostly, and they're humans half of the time. More or less. It really ain't the worst. But cats...

Zephiron participates in the ritual to relocate the Mechanoid fortress. Even if he hadn't acquired practical experience in opening and manipulating rifts, such powers were among those he felt to be any dragon's birthright and worthy of study. Memories floated in the more obscured foundation of his consciousness from his parent's time nesting. The images of dragons weaving tunnels to other worlds, shifting from one place to the next seemed as natural as breathing or eating. Yet when it came to a scale like this, such regal display of power became more grand, calculated, and even artistic in a way. Once preparations were nearly complete, the young dragon took to the sky, drinking in the spectacle of their efforts.

Finally, the prep work for the ritual spell is complete, and the work of loading the supplies onto the mobile fortress is done. Brazamal is quite excited about this, and is rubbing his hands together in anticipation. He says, "I don't expect any issues of a Ley Line Storm coming up out of nowhere like last time we tried this, and with the calculations I've done with the aid of Snowfall here, we should have our exit point locked in to a field nearby Dweomer, where we are expected to arrive and so we shouldn't have any hostile encounters as the spell is concluded. That being said, I did not live to my ripe old age by playing it safe. I would strongly suggest that everyone be ready to respond to anything, but make sure you are within the circle when the spell is cast."

If there is no one raising any complaints, Brazamal is set to begin the ritual and get the lot of you back to Dweomer with your loot, where you can also do some shopping of other goodies to fill your bags with before going to the Lone Star Complex.

The comment from the elder dragon saying that he didn't believe that there would be any threats, but he was still wanting them to be prepared for the worst went along with Terra's own survival instincts. She went around to personally make sure that there was no stragglers left outside the fortress before taking up her position in the central command room with her three Automations ready to charge into action if it turns out to be needed. Terra also makes sure that all of the were-jaguar kids were accounted for and not getting themselves into trouble inside the massive fortress. Even with all the time they have spent in this place, there were many mysteries that could reach out and bite the unaware. if these kids really wanted to be adventurers, so be it, but Terra was not going to start out with getting one or more of them killed.

Once her own mental checklist is done, she hits her radio. "Sir? All members of the team are present and accounted for. We are set to begin the ritual at your convenience."

Snowfall makes a point of being in his brand-new seven-tailed Kitsune form as he gives his farewells to Jorge and the Were-jaguar people in the tribe that are staying, if they are present. In the way of the Japanese spirits, the foxy mystic bows low and with great respect to the Central American people while raising a two-fingered "peace sign" to them.

"Praise you, your ancestors, and those who will come after you upon this venerated land! I will not forget our adventures together! May your holy pyramid stand as a shining example of what the powers of good can do when they join forces together against evil! I, Snowfall, Kitsune Messenger of Inari, will count this among my most-memorable of adventures! May your gods watch over you for all time! WOOO!" Snowfall literally runs around in circles with his paws in the air, delighted by the new form Jorge's spirits and people helped him attain. Reaching into his favorite lunch box, he pulls forth a cup of fresh warm sake, shouts "Inarrriii!!" and drinks it down in one sweet, fiery gulp!

"Lord Brazamal!" Snowfall grins in a goofy manner. "Let us be away! For the longer we stay and celebrate, the more drunk I might wish to become! Yiiip!!" He pours another drink and offers it up to any of Terra's Terminators nearby - Terra included! "Come! Celebrate! With my new Fraggle Rock sword in hand here, I am ready for wherever this Rift takes us! BANZAAAAAII!!"

A farewell from a place he'll never forget - and an offered drink that fits the occasion. Eron takes the cup, careful to neither drop it, nor spill the sake; then eyes the fluid for an eternity before gulping it down in similar fashion. "Good place, this", he notes as he hands the cup back. "Saw his death, after all. Saw hope, and joy. Won't forget that, never. Few will, I reckon. Rest well, Sir Duncan Cooley, job's done." A short pause. "Let's make more places like this, then. Where demons died, and evil found its end. Lone Star's next. And who knows what comes after that. Always another threat, out there."

Terra smiles at Eron as she nods in agreement. "You speak wise words, my friend, and you lay a heavy burden at our feet to try and make this world a better place for everyone." She reaches out to Snowfall's cup and takes her own shot of the sake, feeling the warm burn going down her throat. "Lets do this."

With everyone in position either inside the fortress or on the ground right next to it, Brazamal begins the ritual. He is working slowly and carefully to make sure that there are no unexpected issues coming up like the Ley Line Storm that disrupted your last effort to shift the fortress to Dweomer. Over the course of several long minutes, the spell finally culminates in the opening of the Rift. Brazamal then begins the process of moving the Rift around the fortress in order to successfully shift it from one place to another without having to walk the huge thing through the portal.

The first thing that you can see is that there is a thick coating of snow across the land, but considering that Dweomer is located fairly far north, and that it is winter in the northern hemisphere, that is no real surprise. As you watch, more and more of the fortress is shifted from the jungles of the Yucatan Peninsula to the snowy plains of the Magic Zone.

The next thing that you notice is the presence of a fairly large armed force waiting for you; a combination of many magic users, Cyber Knights, and powered armor pilots are there to make sure that the thing coming out of the Rift is truly the fortress that they were warned to expect, and not something else much different.

Finally, the spell is complete and the Rift slowly comes to a close, leaving you all at your destination just a few miles away from Dweomer.

Now that you have arrived, Brazamal casts a spell to let his assistant Olsen know that everything has been successful in getting you and the fortress to the city, and to have him prepare to have guests arrive. At this time, the elder dragon extends his invitation to all of you to join him for dinner at his home before having you go running wild in the city, doing some shopping for goodies.

An invitation from a powerful and likely celebrated Western dragon? How could any could any self-respecting Kitsune refuse?

"My Lord!" Snowfall exclaims as the Celestial Messenger takes in the sights, smells, and sounds around him. "You had me at 'dinner'! How about you guys?" Out of pure excitement, Snowfall easily performs a standing somersault and looks to Terra's Terminators, his tongue hanging canine-like under his curled lips.

"No complaints from me, certainly. A man's gotta eat, so he might just as well wine and dine. Could be a little crowded, with all of these" - he points out the gathered forces, prepared for the worst - "but that'll be alright. Good thing they're attentive, one never knows. Could've been anyone coming through, after all. Except him, I guess, we took care of that..." He ponders that thought for a moment, not quite used to the victory. "Dinner, dessert, a little rest. Plans, discussions, all those things you do. Would be good, I'd say. Lots of fighting, ahead. Quite a tight schedule, with Lone Star and him..." Eron musters the sky, then Brazamal. "'It'd be an honor' is what I meant to say. Left the knights before they could teach me more polite phrases, but we've got an expert with us, so it'll be alright."

Terra faces the assembled team and says, "For those that have not had the pleasure of dining at Lord Brazamal's house, I just wish to assure you that he does put on quite a spread." Then, she says to the elder dragon, "Thank you, sir, for the wonderful offer. I look forward to seeing the hospitality of your home once more." She then wonders, With the amazing job we've just done in getting this fortress back to Dweomer, I wonder, what kind of bonus should we expect for this? She grins at the thought, then gathers up her Automations and starts off for the city to the garage where she can park her three toys and not worry about them squishing someone by accident as she walks down the streets of the city.

The trip to Brazamal's mansion is not long. His place is located on the outer edge of the city, and is a large building with sprawling grounds that are well tended to. For those that are new to the mansion, and are of a magical bend, you can sense that the grounds are located on a convergence of ley lines, providing the residents extra PPE for whatever it is that you choose to do with it.

When you approach the mansion, there is a middle aged man standing at the door waiting for you. Terra recognizes him as Olsen, Brazamal's trusted servant who just happens to be a very potent Ley Line Walker. He offers up a wide smile as you come up, then bows deep. "Lady Terra and other honored guests, I wish to welcome you. My Lord Brazamal has informed me that you were on the way, and I have rooms prepared for you if you wish to enjoy our hospitality. Please, come in."

As everyone is walking up to the door, Brazamal comes flying up in his dragon form, settling down in the courtyard before returning to his more familiar human appearance. He gives Olsen a pleased nod as he walks in with everyone, saying, "I would be pleased if you would accept the offer to enjoy a drink with me out of my personal wine cellar in my library. We can hoist a few while waiting for dinner to be prepared."

The interior of the house is well furnished, with thick carpeting and finely carved wood furniture. Several people are there waiting for you to come in, taking what things you wish to leave with them and storing it all safely away for you. Olsen and Brazamal lead the way through the halls to the library, a warm room with a huge fireplace at one end and several plush seats there waiting for you. The room is filled with books, most neatly placed on shelves, but some piled up on the small tables, showing that they are in the process of being read.

Brazamal sinks himself into his favorite chair in front of the fireplace, motioning for the rest of you to relax. "Please, sit and take a load off of your feet. I have a well stocked drink pantry, and have a wide variety of beverages to choose from. What can I get you?"

Quite the fancy place for a practically-minded crazy to be. An awful lot of books here, too, in the eyes of a man of action. But the fireplace is nice, and the seats are cozy, and there'll be drinks and food, so why would Eron complain? No cats or demons, either. That always brightens his day. Nice people, too. That Olsen fellow, the others. Left most of his things with them, in good hands, without as much as a second thought. Not the swords, however. One helped slaying him. The other was earned in the process. You do not give those kinds of weapons away lightly, even in a friend's house.
"Please, sit and take a load off of your feet. I have a well stocked drink pantry, and have a wide variety of beverages to choose from. What can I get you?"
"Dunno, dunno. My thanks first, of course. A nice place you have, here. I like the carpet." Turns a quiet Crazy into a silent ninja, pretty much. No sound to be heard, unless he wants to make noise. "Don't know wines at all, I'd go with your recommendation. If that's alright, of course, don't mean to be a bother." Eron pauses for a moment, looks around. "Seeing all those books - there's a question, if I may. I know my own sword quite well, by now, but I found a second. My friends here translated the runes - Valere." He draws the blade, slowly, carefully, then shows off the fine craftsmanship to the elder dragon. "So I know a name, but not the story. It changed, these last few days, from this form to that, likes it doesn't even know what it's supposed to be, itself." He shows off the magical transformation of enhanced steel. "Would you happen to know more about the creator, or about the blade in particular? It was locked away by him - Salnesh, that is. So I reckon it had a reputation, prior. I always liked stories. I also like to do them justice. But without knowing the tale, where to begin with that?"

Terra settles down into one of the soft, plush chairs with an audible sigh of contentment. Man! I could get used to having a place like this! So nice. She then says, "I would enjoy a warm brandy if you have it, sir."

Snowfall's silly side resurfaces as he makes his way through Lord Brazamal's library, the Fraggle Rock Sword of Truthiness in his paw. This he taps on one book after the other as if to judge each work's level of honesty and whether he is actually communing with the ancient rune blade is not clear. His words, however, are. "Hmm. Dishonest book! Probably too much of the wizard-author's ego in it. Another dishonest book! No wonder - it's a techno-wizard joke book. Oh, here! An honest book! Finally! Oh boy! What's this? Joy of Cooking?!"

Snowfall whirls about and snarls out loud to no one in particular. "This book has been misplaced, I tell you!!"

By the time he gets to the table and joins everyone, he can feel his thirst rising. "Oh, oh!" he playfully pats his paw on the table with the fabled Irish sword resting in its sheath before him. Musing carefully with a touch of soul-searching, Snowfall thinks aloud. "I would like... I would like... a milkshake! Yes! One tall milkshake please! Cold and sweet! Flavor doesn't matter. You see, I have both the thirst for one and the great desire to see a rumor I heard through - and nothing but a milkshake will do!"

When Snowfall pipes up and asks for a milkshake, it makes Brazamal laugh out loud. "You are the very first person to ever ask for a milkshake in my home in all my years! Oh, my!" He shakes his head with a wide smile, then says, "As you wish, my friend!"

He then looks over at Eron and holds out his hand towards the bookshelf, and from there, a thick leather-bound text floats across the room and settles into Brazamal's hands. He says, "I am not familiar with that sword, but the name Valere is known to me. Let me see what I might be able to find here." He opens the book and begins to quickly leaf through it, looking for something that might be a clue to the story of the blade. "Valere was at one time a swordsmith, a master craftsman of unparalleled skill. He made several blades in his lifetime, most of which have been lost over the years for one reason or another. Hmmm."

He then stops his searching, reading quickly. His finger then stabs down on the page and he says, "Aha! Here it is! Valere made one shapeshifting sword, one that he etched his name into the blade. It is a rune weapon, one that has the task of being able to sense the presence of supernatural evil creatures, and then with the sword's enchantments, destroy them. It produces a mystic field that helps to protect the wielder in battle, and the wounds it makes are most grievous, doing more harm to evil creatures than its design would suggest." He looks over at Eron and says, "That is a truly potent weapon, and the fact that it allows you to use it is a real measure of your worthiness. I am impressed."

After a few minutes, a servant comes into the room with a tray with several drinks on it. She quickly hands out the various beverages to everyone, and Snowfall can see that his milkshake is made of mint chip ice cream, and it is quite good. The woman says quietly to Snowfall, "Sir, I do hope you like the choice of flavor. I had little in the way of direction other than to make this, so I picked my own favorite and used that." She then moves quickly out of the room, leaving everyone alone with Brazamal once more.

With a satisfied sigh, Brazamal leans back in his seat and looks around at each of you. "Now that everyone has had a chance to wash the dust out of their throats with a good drink, we have some business to discuss. You have done something amazing in that pyramid, a feat not accomplished in hundreds of years. Not only that, you were able to gather a fighting force large enough to stop the Mechanoids from wiping out all humanoid life on Earth, and were able to return with a massive mobile fortress! Truly amazing things have been accomplished by your band, and all of Dweomer is in your debt. As such, on behalf of the city, I am prepared to offer you all a substantial gift."

He then nods over at Olsen, and the mage opens up a large chest that he was standing next to, and that reveals that the chest has several smaller wooden boxes inside it. He begins to pass one out to all of you. Brazamal indicates that you should open the ornate cases, and when you do, you can see a fortune of large gemstones inside, easily several million credits worth.

Brazamal pulls out a pipe from a small case on the end table next to him and lights it before speaking again. "I know that there are some places that do not accept the widely used Coalition credit, so I made sure to give you something that could be used just about anywhere. It would not surprise me if all of you were interested in doing some shopping while you are here, looking for some wonders to add to your supplies before you set off for Lone Star. Each case has roughly ten million in gemstones. That, along with the other goods you were able to recover from the pyramid, should be plenty to get you a few new toys. If you wish, I can help introduce you to some reputable vendors that will treat you well."

When Snowfall pipes up and asks for a milkshake, it makes Brazamal laugh out loud. "You are the very first person to ever ask for a milkshake in my home in all my years! Oh, my!" He shakes his head with a wide smile, then says, "As you wish, my friend!"
After a few minutes, a servant comes into the room with a tray with several drinks on it. She quickly hands out the various beverages to everyone, and Snowfall can see that his milkshake is made of mint chip ice cream, and it is quite good. The woman says quietly to Snowfall, "Sir, I do hope you like the choice of flavor. I had little in the way of direction other than to make this, so I picked my own favorite and used that." She then moves quickly out of the room, leaving everyone alone with Brazamal once more.

Musing carefully with a touch of soul-searching, Snowfall thinks aloud. "I would like... I would like... a milkshake! Yes! One tall milkshake please! Cold and sweet! Flavor doesn't matter. You see, I have both the thirst for one and the great desire to see a rumor I heard through - and nothing but a milkshake will do!"

"Ahaaaa!" Snowfall's ears and tail shoot up at the sight and smell of the cold, creamy sweet. "At long last! I will discover if it's true or not! After all these years - that special incantation and not a milkshake to be found anywhere in Japan - only to find it here in the West! Is it true? I shall begin the incantation!"

"Kelis - Milkshake (Official HD Video)" To anyone who knows this song, this one's for you! Ha ha! Backstory: Stephen Colbert once danced around to this song (YouTube apparently doesn't have a clip for it or I'd share it), and he was so crazy, he inspired this scene. Plus, I have to admit - this has a great beat to it. =)

Snowfall hops up out of his chair and begins dancing (well!) while chanting the ancient chant:

"Myyy milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like - it's betta than yours
Damn right - it's betta than yours
I can teach you, but I have to charge
Myyy milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..."

Then he pauses and looks around for people to appear. Where are these boys he's been hearing about? Some cool gang of dudes supposed to show up out of nowhere for the milkshake?

His canine features wrinkle and scrunch up in disappointment. "I think I've been duped! 'Pre-Rifts Earth magic,' my tail! But that's okay, see? Because," he sips in pleasure and contentment as he retakes his chair at the table, "for I have a milkshake! Hmph!"

As Snowfall does his song and dance, Terra is forced to bury her face in her hands. "Oh, my. Snowfall, you are one of a kind."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back