• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
While Terra's swing is more a desperate flailing in the air, it is just enough to keep from getting hit. Lucky you!

D. Rex D. Rex is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Daisy -70 MD [6] <====
21 - Zephiron -40 MD [6]
20 - Terra -80 MD [1]
20 - Tiny [6]
20 - Junior -170 MD [6] caught in Magic Net
20 - Baby [6]
19 - Salnesh [7] critical damage, right eye wounded, caught in Carpet of Adhesion and a Magic Net
18 - Snowfall [6]
18 - Juu [3]
16 - Brodkil 2 [1] entangled in Magic Net
14 - Eron -30 MD [8]
8 - Vampire Intelligence [6] major damage

No time to explain! Boom gun fever! Fire at Intelligence!

Strike: 29
Damage: 220

The Boom Gun roars and the round rips into the bloated mass of flesh that is the Vampire Intelligence, causing even more devastating wounds. it screams in pain and anger as blood continues to pour out.

Rykon Rykon is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Daisy -70 MD [7]
21 - Zephiron -40 MD [6] <====
20 - Terra -80 MD [1]
20 - Tiny [6]
20 - Baby [6]
19 - Salnesh [7] critical damage, right eye wounded, caught in Carpet of Adhesion and a Magic Net
18 - Snowfall [6]
18 - Juu [3]
14 - Eron -30 MD [8]
8 - Vampire Intelligence [6] critical damage

Zephiron is going to try again on the attack and swing the halberd at the intelligence one more time.

60 MD
ISP 59 total: Enhance Reflexes (10 ISP for 10 minutes), Resist Damage (25 ISP for 25 minutes), Strength of Mind (10 ISP for 10 minutes), Enhanced Perception(10 ISP for 25 minutes), Sense Psionics (4 ISP for 10 minutes)
Effect Summary: +1 Attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P, +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance. All damage taken is halved. 10 PS, +5PE, enhance all natural senses by 50% with the ability to prevent sensory overload. Can sense the use of psionics.

PPE 70 total: Armor of Ithan (10 PPE for 5 minutes), Invulnerability (25 PPE for 5 melees / 75 seconds), Power Weapon on Cutting Squall (35 PPE for 10 melees / 150 seconds)
Effect Summary: +50MDC, Magic Fire, lightning, and cold do half damage. Another +50MDC energy field, impervious to fire, cold, all energy attacks, disease, poisons, gases, and drugs, +10 to magic and psionic saves and horror factor (21 to 23 with frills now). +25% damage increase to Cutting Squall the Rune Halberd (given that its base damage is 1d4 x 10 before the natural 1d6 x 10 I'm not sure what that should ultimately look like).
MDC: 500 (+50 energy field) (halve all incoming damage)
Horror Factor: 21-23

Impervious: Fire, Cold, Energy, Disease, Poison, Gas, Drugs

Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +13 (+2 Weapon)
Parry: +18 (+2 Weapon)
Dodge: +18
Roll: +7
Pull: +7
Perception: +4
Initiative: +5
Damage: 1D6 x 10 MD Natural (Weapon +1d6x10 MD)
Horror Save: +19
Psionics Save: +21
Magic Save: ? +10
Other Saves: +1

This time the weapon strikes true, and the Intelligence takes even more damage. It is in real bad shape.

Psychie Psychie is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Daisy -70 MD [7]
21 - Zephiron -40 MD [7]
20 - Terra -80 MD [1]
20 - Tiny [6]
20 - Baby [6]
18 - Snowfall [6]
18 - Juu [3]
14 - Eron -30 MD [8]

Seeing that the Vampire Intelligence is rapidly running out of health, Terra redirects Tiny and Baby to attack it with all they have, hoping to be able to deliver a killing blow to it.
Hit Points: 48
SDC: 135
PPE: 126 / 106
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 0

MDC: 525 from Invulnerability
100 from talisman / -80

Bonus Points: 9

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 10 / 5 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1
Critical Strike on a 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

Tiny
MDC: 1000 /
PPE: 200 / 0

Junior
MDC: 500 / 330
PPE: 120 /

Baby
MDC: 500 /
PPE: 120 /

Baby manages to slice deep into the Vampire Intelligence, but Tiny's sword strike is blocked by one of the tentacles of the thing, knocking the sword clear out of its hands, making it go skittering across the floor of the cavern! It will cost Tiny one of its actions to go get it back.

As he is being ripped into, Salnesh suddenly croaks out, "I yield! Mercy on me, I beg of you!"

Purr Purr is up with Juu, since Snowfall has run out of actions. I will say that if you choose to not have the hydra attack, that would not cost you anything to do so.

Current Initiative Order
25 - Daisy -70 MD [7]
21 - Zephiron -40 MD [7]
20 - Terra -80 MD [1]
20 - Tiny [7]
20 - Baby [7]
18 - Snowfall [6]
18 - Juu [3] <====
14 - Eron -30 MD [8]

Silanon Silanon

Snowfall did not trust the demon one inch. But, this was not his kill. It was Eron's.

While keeping the tricky demon in his field of vision, Snowfall slowly turned to Eron, asking the unspoken question only with his eyes. All he needed was a nod or a shake of his head to determine all.

How many centuries has Salnesh plagued the world? Too many, of course, even a single day would be too much. And in that time, how often has he been at this point, near defeat? More than once, it has to be. Too many good people out there, to never get close. So why's he still there, and others aren't? Because of moments like these, where fates are decided. Moments, where others gave him just an inch, a split-second, and he took a mile. And everything after that. The lives of good people. The souls. All they stood for. Not this time. Not, at least, when the Crazy can help it.

Eron's hand was on the way to his sword already. Ready to perhaps rejoin the fight with replenished vigor. But it'd take a moment to grab the blade, and another to cross the room to get over there. Sure, he's quick, but not that quick. Not quick enough to make the time insubstantial for the foe they're facing. It's him, after all. For too long, he has always found a way... has abused every split-second that he was gifted with.

And thus, the Crazy's hand retreats. Just for a moment, it'll grab the blade eventually. Just not now. Not while eyes are on him like that. Salnesh is a threat beyond most's comprehension. Even beyond this wise shapeshifter's understanding, or Eron's ally probably wouldn't hesitate at all. This isn't about a sword-swinging man against him. This is about a world that can either get a chance to heal, or continue to burn in Salnesh's schemes. No fate of any individual matters. Just that it ends here, and now, and preferably before the Crazy can cross the distance, because that'd mean that Salnesh got more time than necessary. Stop his pleading, his scheming, all of it. That's what he wants to say, but words are slow. So only the hand retreats instead. Hopefully, a clear enough gesture, right now. He has escaped justice too many times.

The judgment had been decided.

Snowfall nodded in reply just once to Eron. Speaking clearly and deliberately, Snowfall slowly, suspensefully, turned to Salnesh and said, "It has been decided... that you shall receive... the same amount and measure of mercy... that you provided to... the Were-jaguar tribe!" He held out his hands as if to indicate the magical pyramid.

And to Juu, he just laughed energetically! "Oh, oh! Yooou heeear thaaat?! Demon just said your daddy so stupid he couldn't find his own stinky hind end if he had a hundred heads! Ooooh!"

"GRRRAAAIIEEE!!"

The 10-headed schizophrenic ectoplasmic hydra shrieked, roared, and screamed in such terrifying outrage (Juu really was having the time of his life with this act!) as to make the walls tremble!

Then he attacked again. Mercilessly.

Snowfall slowly waved goodbye to Salnesh. He felt this world would be a brighter and better place without the likes of that foul demon. He was also thankful to Eron who had warned all of them not to underestimate this most-devious trickster of hellish evils.

Last edited:
With a low growl deep in its throats, Juu slowly advances before lashing out with a savage attack. It tears into the bound and helpless demon with a brutal series of bites that literally rips the demon in two! Salnesh is no more. The threat posed to the world by his evil is gone.

The Vampire Intelligence once more lashes out with a tentacle, trying to pull Terra into its huge, gaping maw. It will hit unless you parry.

Psychie Psychie is up with a defense roll.

Current Initiative Order
25 - Daisy -70 MD [7]
21 - Zephiron -40 MD [7]
20 - Terra -80 MD [1]
20 - Tiny [7]
20 - Baby [7]
18 - Snowfall [6]
18 - Juu [6]
14 - Eron -30 MD [8]
8 - Vampire Intelligence [7] critical damage

Last edited:
With an almost contemptuous ease, Terra bats the offending pseudopod aside and keeps herself from getting harmed by it.

D. Rex D. Rex is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Daisy -70 MD [7] <====
21 - Zephiron -40 MD [7]
20 - Terra -80 MD [1]
20 - Tiny [7]
20 - Baby [7]
18 - Snowfall [6]
18 - Juu [6]
14 - Eron -30 MD [8]

With an almost contemptuous ease, Terra bats the offending pseudopod aside and keeps herself from getting harmed by it.

D. Rex D. Rex is up

Current Initiative Order
25 - Daisy -70 MD [7] <====
21 - Zephiron -40 MD [7]
20 - Terra -80 MD [1]
20 - Tiny [7]
20 - Baby [7]
18 - Snowfall [6]
18 - Juu [6]
14 - Eron -30 MD [8]

Firing the boom gun at the Vampire Intelligence!

Strike: Nat 20! (Vampire rounds also "strike heart" at nat18+)
Damage: 460

That is perfect timing for the Critical Strike. Daisy's cannonfire manages to thread the needle of the waving pseudopods and shaking blubber to have the round fly straight into one of the holes made earlier, piercing deep into the grievously wounded thing. While it doesn't have a heart to pierce like a normal human vampire, it doesn't matter. The thing lets out a ear piercing scream as it shudders in its death throws as huge gouts of blood come pouring out of the hole you just made.

At the moment, the only foe in sight is the trapped Brodkil demon in the Magic Net, that has just been witness to the destruction of both Salnesh and the Vampire Intelligence, and is currently wetting itself.

Moving out of combat time.

Snowfall yells and yells, but after the firing of the Boom Gun, sound takes its time returning. "I said, 'Score one for the Glitter Hounds' or whatever unit you came from!' That was the best Boom Gun blast I have ever beheld!" Snowfall claps and above and behind him, Juu claps with his forepaws and nods with nine out of ten heads (the last one looks at the Brodkil and smacks its lips.

Silanon Silanon

"Hey Terra! Everybody! Listen, if your ears are able! Shall I banish this Brodkil as I did the one before him or do you want something faster and bloodier to happen to him?" The Kitsune pulls out his Heavenly Flute and looks to Eron, whom he knows despises music, and then points upward to Juu. "We've done it! Salnesh and the Vampire wanna-be God will plague this enchanted pyramid and its rightful owners no longer!" Snowfall looks very proud of everyone.

Terra watches as the Vampire Intelligence thrashes in its death throws with an exultant feeling in her heart. She then lets out a loud, wordless scream of primal victory with her sword arm raised high! With a deep breath, Terra composes herself. As the ringing in her ears fades (even with the earplugs that Boom Gun is loud!), she looks around and directs Baby to go over to Junior and start helping to cut it loose from the Magic Net that it is currently trapped in. As that is going on, she delivers a look over at the trapped demon, and slowly walks Tiny over to it.

"What should we do with you?" She looks contemplative as she talks, wondering what the demon will say in its own defense.

Daisy had to still the excited pitter patter of her heart. Such glorious viscerations of a blob! To have sunk so many round into a creature was truly satisfying. While magnetically propelled, the barrel was still starting to glow hot faintly from all the energy that went through it.

"Truly wonderful!" She laughed. "No unit fox boy. Just an angry widow who blows things up for fun and profit."

She looked at the captive demon and frowned, finally noticing that other things were happening besides her tunnel vision on the vampire blob. She trained her cannon sights on the demon. "I say we kill it." She voted.

Snowfall looks to Terra. "If there is voting to be done, I... recommend banishment at the very least. Yup! Of course, slaying the demon will save our Crazy friend here the torment of having to plug his ears or otherwise remove himself from the music," Snowfall twirls his flute in one hand and his Dragon Rod in the other.

Juu just keeps on clapping in happiness. Vampire Intelligence tastes good!

Terra smirks. "I am half tempted to let it go so it can spread the word of our victory here, and warn those that would try to take this pyramid for evil purposes once more that we stand here, ready to defend it." She looks down at the squirming figure on the floor, then shakes her head. "No. The harm that it has probably done, and the additional crimes it will be a part of in the future make that option undesirable. It is a choice between killing it or banishing it back to where it came from."

Terra eyes it for a moment, then asks, "Is there anything you can say to me to sway my opinion one way or the other?"

Snowfall grimaces up at Terra. In fluent Atlantean, the Dimensional Traveler provides, "Uh, respectfully, Daughter of Draco Amicus, you realize this is... a demon... you're giving options to? The very type of host that raped and stole Atlantis from your people and scattered you and yours they couldn't turn and murder all across the Megaverse?"

The mystical Kitsune's eyes wander Terra's face as he continues in English. "A brigand? Sure. A hired killer? I can kind of see it. But... a hell-born demon - the very thing Atlanteans are born to remove from the Megaverse - and... you're giving him options knowing full well what options he would give you and us if your situations were reversed? I mean... really?"

Snowfall grimaces up at Terra. In fluent Atlantean, the Dimensional Traveler provides, "Uh, respectfully, Daughter of Draco Amicus, you realize this is... a demon... you're giving options to? The very type of host that raped and stole Atlantis from your people and scattered you and yours they couldn't turn and murder all across the Megaverse?"

The mystical Kitsune's eyes wander Terra's face as he continues in English. "A brigand? Sure. A hired killer? I can kind of see it. But... a hell-born demon - the very thing Atlanteans are born to remove from the Megaverse - and... you're giving him options knowing full well what options he would give you if your situations were reversed? I mean... really?"
She smiles. "No, I suppose not. Thank you, Snowfall. You have helped to make up my mind. It dies here and now." With a thought, she raises up Tiny's sword and has it strike down on the exposed neck of the demon, hoping to kill it quickly and mercifully, a gift that it would not impart to them if their roles were reversed.

OOC Sherwood Sherwood do I need to make a roll here to do a finishing blow, since it is tied up like this?

"Well... now that's been decided... Any of you gonna eat that?" Zephiron inquires pointing a claw at the demon corpse. He takes a cautious, appraising sniff, curious of what to expect from such malignant prey.

With unusual seriousness, Snowfall closes his eyes and slowly bows at the waist to Terra in the Japanese way that displays great satisfaction and gratefulness. "Daughter of Draco Amicus, as a Healer and Dimensional Voyager of Clan Aurelous, and on behalf of the innocents and would-be victims that demon would have, and probably has, gleefully made out of ordinary people, I thank you from the depths of my very soul." Snowfall sighs at the sorry corpse. "That is one less nightmare the families of this region have to worry about."

"And speaking of families, when the Were-jaguars find out that we've already cleaned up the big bosses down here, I wonder how they are going to react? While their pyramid is not yet safe for their or anyone else's likes, we have definitely done our part! I just hope they get to keep this place for a good long while."

Snowfall looks around and tries to imagine what the place will look like when good-hearted minds and gentler hearts are free to loose their creativity here. A poem stirs inside of him and escapes calmly through his lips.

"Return holy place
Grow with light, life, and goodness
Long after we go."

"Well... now that's been decided... Any of you gonna eat that?" Zephiron inquires pointing a claw at the demon corpse. He takes a cautious, appraising sniff, curious of what to expect from such malignant prey.

In reply, Snowfall looks up to Juu. His heads mostly shake from side to side. Snowfall grins up at the magical Zephiron. "Naaaah. But, speaking as your healer, if you get heartburn or something later, you have only you and your choice of diet to blame!" With that, Snowfall steps aside as if to clear a path for Zephiron.

With a wet, schlooping sound, the blade severs the head of the demon from its shoulders, ending its evil once an for all. There are now no more live enemies in the area.

As the life force fades from the Vampire Intelligence, a certain psychic weight is being lifted from your shoulders as you feel the relief from the sheer raw evil of the thing being removed from the world, and while you cannot see it, you know that every vampire that was connected to this particular being is now destroyed. Who knows how many hundreds, if not thousands, of vampires were wiped out this day? How many lives have been spared thanks to your actions? Truly, you are all the heroes of the day.

Snowfall takes out his digital camera and, while munching on some tofu from his favorite lunchbox, records the entire scene for future funsies and memories. He holds up a fine white bottle. "Anybody want a swig of sake? I, for one, am glad to be alive to drink it!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back