• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
At this point, your conversation is suddenly interrupted by the arrival of a small helicopter drone that flies into the middle of the village and lands. It is clearly under intelligent control, as you can see that the camera in the front of the drone is looking about. It does not appear to possess any weapons, as it seems to be too small. It is sitting there, as if it is waiting for something.

What do you do?

Snowfall looked to Terra, then to everyone else. "Uhh, anybody order pizza?"

Terra pulls her pistol as she stands up, before slowly approaching the drone. She eyes it carefully before stepping up to it. Keeping the thing covered with her pistol, she says, "Well, you are here. Now what?"

"I might... depending on what pizza is." Zeph stated, shading his eyes while examining the strange aircraft. He held the halberd aloft, "State your business strange creature! I've tasted of your kind before, and I hope for your sake that you offer better snacks than they did!"

A moment of motionless surprise - that's not his style, usually - then Eron moves, trying to leave the field of vision of that bloody cam. Once that's either successful or proves to be pointless, there's three quick steps followed by a pounce forward, trying to get a hold of the drone. Can't have it randomly fly away after seeing this group of soon-to-be pyramid conquerors, no matter who the heck sent it here. Not without answers, at least, and the thing ain't talking yet.

Rather than being offended, Daisy smiled and ruffled the young dragons hair. "Oh child, D.T. is a capable weapon. But he ain't no boom gun. I guess you could call me spoiled. I like being able to pop tanks like a .50 can would pop a watermelon. Maybe one day I'll show you what it feels like to fire that boom gun."

Her face darkened,"But its more than that. That arsenal is my heart, and the Glitterboy my soul. I'm an angry and greedy woman, pup. When I want something dead, I want it dead now. When I fight, I think of how I should be at home taking care of a neverending litter of puppies cause I should be being dicked every night by my late husband, where my only cares in the world are cooking and cleaning for him. It makes me angry. It makes me hate. Being in my glitterboy is like being safe in his arms again. And every boom his heartbeat."

"Yes, I can cut a tree down with one swipe of that axe... but I hate that tree. I dont want it cut down, I want it blown up. I want it a gorey mess of splinters and sap. Even better if I can take out more than one at once."

"I've been prey before. It ain't happening again. The more I work, the more of the monsters and mega creatures I run into. And they all need to know that I have the bigger fangs and sharper claws. And for a mortal like me... that means the only killing I want to do is overkilling."

She pulled the Dragon Thunderer from a loop in her bandolier, her face softening as she ran a finger along the flat of the blade. "But I'm not blind to the tools I have at hand. I'll use the best tools for the job. But take this advice, never be lazy when you get a chance to upgrade."

Her little rant was stopped by the sudden appearance of the drone. She growled and raised the runic axe as if about to throw it. She was going to until the crazy got in her way trying to catch it. She didn't want to hurt him, so she waited. Ready to throw if it tried to flee.

From the drone, you can hear a voice in accented English. "I wish to parlay with you, and I felt that this drone would be the best way to approach you without causing an immediate fire fight. It seems that you are focused on the thought of attacking the pyramid. I would like to try and come up with a peaceful way to end our dispute."

"...And I would like a roasted lamb with a side of... pizza..." The hatchling responded loudly so the drone could hear. "These people consider those in the pyramid an infestation of their holy site. What makes you think you can reach a peaceful agreement with them?"

Snowfall looked to Miss Terra. As far as he was concerned, this was her show. Sure, he wanted to say, "Any peace-talks begin your complete evacuation of the pyramid," or even, "why are we dealing with demons?" but Snowfall wasn't really a leader any more than he was a warrior.

Last edited:
Terra plants her hands on her hips and glares at the drone. "I have to say, that the idea of having any kind of parlay with any of the current residents of the pyramid is enough to make my stomach turn. I give you one chance. Evacuate the pyramid and leave this area forever. If you do not, I cannot say that there will be any mercy shown to the monsters that we come across."

The voice replies, "Well, that is an unfortunate position you are putting me in. I cannot rightly say that I am pleased to hear such an ultimatum from you. Are you sure that there is no middle ground that we can't try and find? Otherwise, I fear you will find nothing but your death and destruction if you continue on your path."

"There's always just death and destruction, with him. Either immediately, or later. Until he is stopped for good."

Eron's remark is loud enough for everyone to hear. They shouldn't be talking at all - at least, Terra is talking well, or so he thinks. But with him, it's never about the obvious threat. These negotiations - pointless. He should know that, so what's the real deal? Something else. Something that can make good use of a distraction. The Crazy turns away from the drone, eyeing the forest suspiciously. Is there something sneaking up, perhaps? Or anything else different than how it should be?

The Doctor thinks deeply seeing the drone.

I could trace it.
But I know where the signal is coming from.

I could accept talks to see what he has to say.
But there is nothing he could offer.

I could...

Okay.

The doctor draws his pistol and looks to the group seeing if any make a move to stop him. As lightning crackles and glows from his revolver he aims it at the drone.

"No sense in letting him attempt mind games, or bribery" He says and if no one moves to stop him he gives a gentle squeeze of the trigger sending the drone to a fiery death.

Terra says nothing as the Doctor blasts the drone. Once it is destroyed, she says, "Ok, we are now on the clock. They know we are here, and are planning on attacking the pyramid. The good news is that we have the hidden passage that they don't know about that we can use. Its daytime now, so the vampires in there won't be active. I say we attack now, before the defenders have a chance to do more mischief in there to get ready for us."

"Good, good - always the best plan, getting it done. Good shot, too. Best to not listen to his offers, every word he says has three different meanings you're not aware of. Shouldn't have talked, but couldn't know that it was his drone. Worrying. Didn't see those on the vods." Eron eyes Snowfall for a moment, as if to find the messenger's confirmation.

Then he shrugs. "Talked well, though, as well as one talks with him. Doesn't matter. He has a few nasty surprises, likely, we have our own. Just no more time for preparations - at least, you won't need to forge that sword, right?" He musters the doctor as he speaks those words.

"Were on a clock before, now more than ever. So, we're going right now, and fast, right? Through the tunnel, and upwards from there? You get those cats to do their part if you must - I'll get my horse, and then we'll end it. Him. Anyone in need of grenades? Got six. Can throw them real far, but maybe you can, too."

Sir Alan rises up from his seated position and nods. "I don't know how much help I will be to this fight, but I am here and will do my best. There are a few tricks that I have that may come in handy in a fight, and in any case, I would be a very poor knight to allow you to go into a tough fight without offering up my aid."

Eric offers up his hand in a salute to Terra. "I want to make a difference in this world, and what better way than to be a part of this? And besides, you only live once, right?"

Terra says, "Let me talk to Jorge and see what he says. In any case, I want us ready to move out soon. This fight is going to be nasty, and I most certainly do not want to add in the added threat of taking on this place in the dark with the vampires in there, just waiting to react."

With that, the tall Atlantian walks over to the leader of the tribe of shapeshifters to ask if he would be willing to join in the fighting to cleanse the pyramid.

When Terra goes to speak with the tribal leader, Jorge can be found sitting in meditation in front of a small brazier of incense. He opens his eyes as you approach, and motions for you to sit down across from him. "Please, join me. You have something on your mind you wish to discuss?"

Terra sets herself down and says, "We are going to make our attack on the pyramid now. The enemy inside knows that we are here, and will undoubtedly be preparing for our attack, and any delay will give them even more time to make some nasty surprises for us. What I would like to know from you is if there is any way that you can join in the effort to cleanse the pyramid by having your warriors make a distraction up top while the rest of us sneak in using the river? Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated."

Jorge lets out a sigh. "We can help, but I do not want my people to be used as cannon fodder. Other than that concern, it will be a pleasure to aid you in reclaiming our ancestral home. What do you wish us to do?"

Terra smiles. "I would like you to take your warriors and make as much commotion as you can at the front of the pyramid while the rest of us go below ground. We have spare radios to be able to tell you when to make your move. In the meantime, let us be on the move. After all, we are burning daylight, and I most certainly do not want to make any attempts on this place at night."

Jorge slowly stands up and motions for Terra to do the same. "We can cause the distraction you desire. It will be loud, like you wish, and it will certainly get the attention of the demons in the temple. We will be ready."

Terra stands, and brushes off the dirt from her armor. "Then let us get to it. We shall have the pyramid freed for you by this afternoon." With that, she heads over to Tiny and climbs up into the pilot's seat of the Automation. "Alright everyone! We are moving out. If there are any devotions you wish to make to a higher power, do them now. We are going to cleanse this pyramid today. Off we go to the river, while the were-cats head for the front door. Anyone wish to make any rousing speeches before the fight? If not, we move now."

"No speech from me - today, at least. Always takes time to say things the right way, for me. And time is very much the last thing we have. Just - take care, in there. He's not to be trifled with. He's tricky. Expect the unexpected, and all that." A short moment to consider. "If a cat comes in, get it out. If Salnesh comes in - make sure he doesn't get out. The rest is improvisation, pretty much. I'm good at that, though, so we'll be fine."

With that said, the Crazy kneels down on the ground. One hand presses the old leather pouch against his chest, the other raises his mighty sword skywards. Lips move silently, forming unspoken words that might either be a prayer, or pointless gibberish. For a moment, the man's eyes seem to lose focus, staring at some distant place that only his mind can imagine. Then he moves. He's quick, but there's no rush, no hecticness. Just calm, precise swiftness as he jumps back on his feet, and onto the mechanical back of his horse just a moment after.

"Ready to go", he exclaims. "So let's hear those speeches, before the sun sets. If anyone accepts the epic-speech-in-two-minutes-challenge, that is. Don't you worry if not, it's alright, you know - can always add it in later, when we tell the tale."

Snowfall transformed into his human form, this time at 50 years of age - and a very handsome 50-year-old Japanese man too! He reached into his enchanted lunch box and pulled forth two cups and a bottle of warm, strong sake. He filled the cups and spoke with spirit and seriousness.

He raised one and offered the other. "Oh! Here's to our heroes! Eastern, Western, and otherworldly! Past, present, and future! May their great examples of courage, tenacity, and wisdom Inspire us to destroy this great evil and return this magical pyramid to its proper owners!"

Snowfall toasted and passed a cup to anyone would take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back