• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I see from the Southern Cross game that D. Rex D. Rex is a bit tied up, so I will roll a dodge for him to keep things moving along. With his bonuses, he is able to evade the incoming fire.

Demon 3 doesn't like the fact that Terra sliced him up, so he is going to try and shoot her with his energy cannon. It will hit unless you dodge.

Rykon Rykon is up, and Psychie Psychie has a defense to declare.

29 - Eron [2]
23 - Daisy [2]
19 - Snowfall [1]
18 - demon 1 light damage [1]
15 - demon 2 [1]
12 - Terra [1]
10 - demon 3 [1] moderate damage
6 - Zephiron <====
5 - demon 4

Zephiron springs from the tree he was perched in while shifting to his humanoid form, polearm in hand. With a quick heave, he'd drive the rune weapon down on Demon 3, hopefully disposing of it for good.

62MD

Assuming that demon 3 is not killed by Zephiron, Terra will perform a simultaneous attack with the Battle Fury Blade, and will just let the swords' force field take the hit.
MDC Body Armor: 35
MDC Tattoo: 525
MDC from Sword: 100 / 40
PPE: 126 +2d4 per level / 86
PPE Battery: 50

Bonus Points: 9

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +11
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

Last edited:
Terra's maneuver to take the shot netted her a sizable hit of -60 MD to her shield, knocking you back a bit and preventing the second strike of the blade to hit.

But, between Terra and Zephiron working together on the demon, it is laid low by the combination of the two blows.

Demon 4 is looking around at the assembled might leveled against them, and he decides he is going to run. He turns and starts to hoof it back into the trees at top speed, not even trying to use his own weapons to fire back.

Silanon Silanon is up

29 - Eron [2] <====
23 - Daisy [2]
19 - Snowfall [1]
15 - demon 2 [1]
12 - Terra -60 MD [1]
6 - Zephiron [1]
5 - demon 4 [1]

Only two down, and the demons' will to combat is already fading - such is the impact of crazies, glitterboys and dragons. And the nature of demons, too, of course. No trust in each others, for the obvious reasons; they lack the faith of heros, and it's a good thing that they do. Eron doesn't lack that faith, and trust - where one shot shred, and one missed, he believes in the third. And thus he does not pursue, but instead only hectically waves his sword in the fleeing creature's direction - before jumping sideways to close in on demon 2, trying to stop the shotgun-wielding foe from distracting the Glitterboy pilot any further. "Come on, fight me, fight me!" Eron's sword slashes down, trying to cut through armor and fiendish flesh.

Well, unfortunate... I guess they might still shoot at me, at least?

Eron's swing with his sword is so bad, he nearly loses his grip on the weapon and drops it! Luckily for you, it is just embarrassing and not a deadly mistake.

Demon number 4 is out of sight in the trees, but thanks to the advanced optics of the Glitter Boy suit, Daisy can still see him, and the trees provide little to no hard cover for the Boom Gun. The cannon roars, and the demon falls, motionless. You don't have eyes on it to see, but you are pretty sure that you killed it.

Purr Purr is up with Snowfall

29 - Eron [3]
23 - Daisy [3]
19 - Snowfall [1] <====
15 - demon 2 [1]
12 - Terra -60 MD [1]
6 - Zephiron [1]

"Yeeeeeeps!"

Snowfall yipped, his ears up, when the Brodkil took off into the woods. Who knew what kind of ugly cohorts it could return with? Snowfall was leading it ever so slightly when Daisy caused the planet to go into shock again with her Boom Gun. "Hah!" he yelled out even though he was certain no one could hear him. "Daisy the Demon Slayer! May the hells tremble at her approach!"

Then he saw Eron fumble fantastically with his blade and thought, "Are Crazies supposed to do that? No, I think that was a mistake, but no sense in letting the demon have an advantage on our new ally!" He blasted the Brodkil with his sonic rifle set on stun.

Then he saw Eron fumble fantastically with his blade and thought, "Are Crazies supposed to do that? No, I think that was a mistake, but no sense in letting the demon have an advantage on our new ally!" He blasted the Brodkil with his sonic rifle set on stun.
Which of the two demons do you target?

Snowfall fires, and this time, his target is quite clearly dazed by the sonic blast. It reaches up to his head with his free hand, glaring at you through tear-filled eyes.

Demon 1, now a bit befuddled, tries to hit Eron anyways, but he only manages to blast a very unhappy tree.

Demon 2 takes a look around it, and it drops its weapons and holds its hands up in a clear effort to surrender.

Psychie Psychie is up with Terra

9 - Eron [3]
23 - Daisy [3]
19 - Snowfall [2]
18 - demon 1 light damage [2] stunned
15 - demon 2 [1]
12 - Terra -60 MD [1] <====
6 - Zephiron [1]

Since demon 1 is still acting hostile, Terra shifts over to attack it with her sword.

100 MD damage if both hit! I love it when I roll a critical strike!
MDC Body Armor: 35
MDC Tattoo: 525
MDC from Sword: 100 / 40
PPE: 126 +2d4 per level / 86

Bonus Points: 9

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +11
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

Terra hits with both attacks, the second one cutting very deep into the dazed Brodkil demon. It is hurt bad, but still alive.

Rykon Rykon is up with Zeph

9 - Eron [3]
23 - Daisy [3]
19 - Snowfall [2]
18 - demon 1 heavy damage [2] stunned
15 - demon 2 [1]
12 - Terra -60 MD [2]
6 - Zephiron [1] <====

Demon 1, now a bit befuddled, tries to hit Eron anyways, but he only manages to blast a very unhappy tree.

"HEY!" Snowfall shouted angrily at the Brodkil! "You leave these trees alone! Faeries hang out in the woods, don'tcha know?! What's wrong with you?!"

Zephiron turns about to Demon 1, bringing Cutting Squall around with an upward swing to cleave the Broadkill in two.

62MD if it hits.

With a powerful swing, the noble dragon kills another one of the nasty Brodkil demons, leaving you with only the one that has thrown down its weapon and surrendered.

What do you do?

Silanon Silanon is up

29 - Eron [3] <====
23 - Daisy [3]
19 - Snowfall [2]
15 - demon 2 [1]
12 - Terra -60 MD [2]
6 - Zephiron [2]

Quick and deadly, this little fight; not quite his doing, for the most part, but he lured them to this place, so that's alright. Still has his sword, too. Good thing, that. He can find it from miles away, without much effort. Even less effort when it's right there, in his grasp. He raises it once, towards the hidden shooter, a quiet salute for the well-aimed support - then he eyes the demon for just a second, before darting off to where its fellow abomination tried to outrun a glitterboy's shots. Likely dead, that one. But take enough chances with him, and it'll turn against you at some point. Not this time, though. A shout back over his shoulder - "No funny business, pal!" - then he's off to confirm the kill of demon 4.

With the surrender of the one Brodkil and the deaths of the others in the clearing, the fighting is over.

Moving out of combat time.

Eron goes to investigate the one demon that Daisy blasted through the trees, and you find that it has fallen where it was hit and is quite dead. There is still the issue of the one Brodkil that has tossed down its weapons and gave up the fight. Once the ringing in your ears from the Boom Gun stops, the one demon looks at everyone with a sulky attitude. It says, "Well, you got me. What now?"

Snowfall kept back in his cover. He slowly took his helmet off of his head releasing the fairies if they had hidden there. "Stay here where it is safer! Sirry about your trees," he offered to the fairies.

That demon seems to be pretty dumb! Snowfall thought. The Crazy he is talking to is probably deaf right now and Daisy is a wolf, a born predator. Snowfall had never known wolves to take prisoners - and this one had a Boom Gun!

Snowfall decided to transform himself into his human form at 20 years old. He pushed his hair behind him and studied the Brodkil. Still feeling like a newcomer (none of them had even commented on his new form), he wondered how Terra's people would handle the Brodkil and so he stayed where he was and watched, fully confident that if the team failed, he could step in with reasonable chances of success.

After all, there were certain similarities between demons both Western and Eastern - similarities that Snowfall was certain one could use to advantage if necessary.

Terra looks around the clearing and smiles at the sight of all of her companions coming through this fight without any harm. Working her jaw to try and pop her ears, she thinks to herself, I need to see if the cache of gear that Daisy looked over has better armor with a sealed helmet. That Boom Gun of hers is freaking loud!

Looking over at the one demon that surrendered, she is silent for a long moment, trying to decide what to do with it. With a stern expression, she finally says, "You and your kind are a blight upon this world, a creature that takes delight in the suffering of those less powerful than you, serving a creature of such evil that I can taste it, even this far away from its lair. Give me one good reason why I should not take your head right now."

Mirgris Mirgris

It has been a long trip, but finally you are in sight of some civilization once more. Dr. Curie and his traveling companion, a young Cyber Knight named Sir Alan, are now on the outskirts of a small city called Chiquimula. It is not quite the upbeat place you were hoping for. In fact, as you along the main road into the city, it seems that the people here are very jumpy, and if you were to shout 'boo!' it would make them jump out of their skins! Sir Alan looks over at Nickolas with a frown. He says in a quiet voice, "There is something very wrong going on here. I can feel it. For now, I would prefer to keep my identity as a Cyber Knight quiet until we discover the truth behind what is troubling these people. My best guess would be that there are a large number of vampires here, keeping this whole place under control through fear."

Before long, you come across a small hotel that shows that it has vacancies. It is not a five star facility by any stretch of imagination, but it seems to be clean enough and the cost is right, so it will do the trick. It is not until you are about to pay that you are informed that a part of your fee for staying in the hotel is that you are both required by city law to donate a pint of blood at the main city medical center. You will not be allowed up to your rooms until such time as you bring back a card showing that you have made your donation.

What do you do?

Looking over at the one demon that surrendered, she is silent for a long moment, trying to decide what to do with it. With a stern expression, she finally says, "You and your kind are a blight upon this world, a creature that takes delight in the suffering of those less powerful than you, serving a creature of such evil that I can taste it, even this far away from its lair. Give me one good reason why I should not take your head right now."
The demon looks down at Terra and you can see the fear in its eyes, even as it towers over you. It stumbles out with, "I can tell you what you want to know about the pyramid if you let me live."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back