• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Terra nods. "I agree. We plan this out as much as possible, then execute the plan with care, expecting the worst and preparing for it."

Snowfall went into a list of the creatures he saw inside the pyramids, referring to his video whenever possible (I believe Sherwood implied there were more than only vampires and the Maggots in there with the Vampire Intelligence). "Perhaps we should ask Jorge and his tribe about each of these creatures? What do you want to do about the traps and the ropes attached to the hundreds of vampire corpses?"

Terra says, "Well, we hit the place during the day, starting out at dawn to give us more time. Vampires are in topor during the day, so even if someone manages to pull the ropes and un-stake the whole lot of 'em, they won't be waking up until nightfall. If they were created by the Vampire Intelligence, they will be destroyed once we kill the source of their infection."

Snowfall went into a list of the creatures he saw inside the pyramids, referring to his video whenever possible (I believe Sherwood implied there were more than only vampires and the Maggots in there with the Vampire Intelligence). "Perhaps we should ask Jorge and his tribe about each of these creatures? What do you want to do about the traps and the ropes attached to the hundreds of vampire corpses?"
Looking closer at the other monsters in the pyramid, Snowfall would recognize them as Brodkil Demons. They are a race of evil giants that average nine feet tall and are MDC beings, and they are quite cruel and sadistic. They are also notoriously lazy, and rarely do anything that they don't have to, and almost never learn magic. Instead, they focus on more physical combat skills. There is between fifteen and twenty of these fiends lazing about the pyramid.

This is what they look like:

1596138019142.png

Terra will have heard of the Brodkil demons, and she knows that they are not as tough as one of her Earth Thunderer Automations, but there are a bunch of them. But, if you show that you are a tough fight, it is entirely possible that they will want to avoid you, especially if you have just come from beating up the Maggots and the Vampire Intelligence down below.

Terra does some thinking. "We have to make some decisions. As much as I want to think that we can do this fight on a wing and a prayer, I have a feeling that those fifteen or so Brodkil demons are going to be a real problem unless we can find a way to get Jorge and his shapeshifters to work with us and bring the fight to them. If we can get them to pull away the daytime defenses, the rest of us should be able to take down the Maggots and the Vampire Intelligence."

She looks over at their newfound ally and says, "I understand that you don't like the were-jaguars, but if we can get them to do this, we won't be working along side them at all. Can you handle that to be able to get to our main targets? If not, we are going to have to find some other allies out there to assist in this fight."

Suddenly, a half dozen small flying shapes zip into sight. After a moment, one of them settles down on Eron's shoulder, and you can see that it is a tiny little fairy girl, about five or six inches tall, wearing a pretty green dress that offsets the sparkle of her wings. Eron knows her as Arabella. The little fairy shouts out, "Eron! My sisters and I have seen five monsters coming this way! They are giants, even bigger than you, and they have big metal things in their hands that look dangerous. If you don't move, they will surely spot you and attack!"

Snowfall took the initiative by going to a spot in the Atlantean Crystal Eye's footage that displayed Brodkil. This, he showed with an apology in his best Elfish, to the faeries. "Hey there! Sorry to show such nice, young, and beautiful ladies something horrible but do those approaching giants look like this?" He held out his furry paw and showed them the video-like projection.

Last edited:
Snowfall displayed his Altantean Crystal Eye and used its projection ability to display his entire tour of the magical pyramid. "If we use the Walking Fortress to attack the pyramid, aren't we doing Jorge's Tribe a disservice? Pyramids are holy ground to his folk and Atlanteans and, unlike the average shrine, temple, or church, you can't just put a magical pyramid back together again and expect it to remain magical." He sneezed and excused himself. "Besides, here we are with just about all of the information I could get and it's a lot! I mean, just look at these rooms, these treasures, the hundreds of vampire corpses strung together by rope (which I'd love to burn or sever!). The evil holed up in there has its act together!"

"Miss Terra, I've learned that just a single one of those hell-born Maggots has a good chance of defeating all three of your boys - and those things travel in packs!"

The spirit-messenger took his time pointing out detail after detail. "And here we have what seems to me to be the master vampire's very own hidden room and suite, accessible only by these teeny holes in the wall!" Snowfall turned to the Crazy fellow.

"Sir? Is this the guy you're after?"
Quiet brooding, eyeing the footage - trying to spot his tainting mark amongst the corruption by enough forces to fill an entire pyramid... most of these threats, he seems to disregard, not worth much worry while he is in there as well. The lone vampire - he takes a second look there, then simply shakes his head. "Not him. He is demonic in nature, not a vamp. Would be dead already, otherwise. Can't see him, here. Might be further down, with the other abominations then. Or he wants us to think so, that could be possible, too."
Terra does some thinking. "We have to make some decisions. As much as I want to think that we can do this fight on a wing and a prayer, I have a feeling that those fifteen or so Brodkil demons are going to be a real problem unless we can find a way to get Jorge and his shapeshifters to work with us and bring the fight to them. If we can get them to pull away the daytime defenses, the rest of us should be able to take down the Maggots and the Vampire Intelligence."

She looks over at their newfound ally and says, "I understand that you don't like the were-jaguars, but if we can get them to do this, we won't be working along side them at all. Can you handle that to be able to get to our main targets? If not, we are going to have to find some other allies out there to assist in this fight."
"Maybe I could. Worse pacts were made - most ended in betrayal. How well would they do? They are quick, and sneaky, I'll give them that. But a direct confrontation, against these things? I can take them on, no problem, but they? Maybe yes, maybe no. Their blood on our hands. Sure, maybe cat bloot - still blood. Worst case, ours, too. We have a dragon, right? And that shiny armor, too. If he is down there, maybe that's enough. Perhaps the cats can watch from afar, in case he tries to escape. Or in case they retaliate against the town."

There's no time for further thoughts - allies arrive, more trustworthy than cats, with news as bad as they'll get, at this point. "There goes the surprise, maybe. He'll know, he sends them. Or someone under his influence, at least. Can hide, or strike. I say we strike. Either they move out, then we have an opening. Or they turtle in, and not much changes. Thank you, Arabelle. Good work, that. Extraordinary work. Gives us a chance to act, to decide. Never good when it's their choice to act."

Eron's hand grabs the pouch, listens to its faint whisper - a whisper only he hears, certainly. For just a moment, all movement seems to leave his body, there - only his mind is on the move, trying to find out if its him out there, or just his minions.

Using psionic seeking on Salnesh, just in case the demon's out there with the patrol.

100/116 ISP

Range: 1 mile (1.6 km) per level of experience. (6miles)
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience. (30 min)
I.S.P.: 6
With this power the character will be able to sense and possibly find any object or person he desires. The psychic needs to have some knowledge of the person or item he is trying to find. This knowledge can include meeting the person or touching the item in the past, having a picture of the person or item, having an item that belongs to the person he is searching for, or having the owner of the item present. The base chance of finding someone or something is 40% +5% per level of experience. If the character is looking for an item of his own, or a close friend or relative, he gains a +20% to this roll. Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.

Snowfall took the initiative by going to a spot in the Atlantean Crystal Eye's footage that displayed Brodkil. This, he showed with an apology in his best Elfish, to the faeries. "Hey there! Sorry to show such nice, young, and beautiful ladies something horrible but do those approaching giants look like this?" He held out his furry paw and showed them the video-like projection.
The little fairy giggles as Snowfall showers her with complements, then leans over to see the image that you are showing her. With a rapid shake of her tiny head, she says, "Yes! That's them! Ugly things, and they like those nasty vampires!" She shudders. "We can aid you with our magic if you want. I like the idea of doing something to help!" Arabella flaps her tiny wings and hovers there, looking very fierce and determined.

Thanks to the power of the magic pouch, Eron sends his senses out, searching for the presence of Salnesh. You have run into your hated foe often enough to recognize him, but this time he is not in range of your psi powers. Perhaps that is a good thing, since your new companions may not be ready for that fight.

Terra instinctively reaches out with her mind to take control of her Automations . . . then suddenly remembers that they are still back at the Fortress. She then reaches over her shoulder and unsheathes her Battle Fury blade, saying, "I have a feeling that these demons have no idea that the rest of us are here, and are only expecting to find Eron by yourself. They are in for a very rude surprise!" She grins, looking around the meeting site for a good ambush point.

The clearing that you are in is not very large; it is only about eighty feet across, and the trees and other plant growth around it is very thick, making any visual acquisition of your targets out there nearly impossible. If you are using some advanced optics, such as thermal imaging, you will be able to see out a little bit farther before the sheer volume of the trees will block out the image.

"Well, one thing's for certain," Snowfall exclaimed. "They're gonna spot Zephy here right off!" he pointed at the dragon. "Why would these Brodkil be after Eron the Crazy?" He turned to Eron. "Did he send them after you?"

"Likely. He understands I'm on his trail - been that for a while." The crazy shows his holey cloak to emphasize the point. "He isn't with these, though, know him well enough by now. Too well, in fact. Still not enough." A pause. "Just his minions. Not good if they see the dragon, is it? Might not attack, and we want them to. Better if he'd show up all the sudden - poof, dragon, sharp teeth, fire, claws. Not possible, though, or hard to do at least. Can't just hide behind a tree..."

"Should show myself, they know about me. Crazy, and all, they'll have spread the word." He speaks 'crazy' as if it were a noble title.
"He will have spread it, by now. Think I could bait them in? Can be quick and quiet, and all that. You could surprise them then, from cover, or from above. Or any way you'd want to surprise them, really. No idea how you fight. Won't have much time after it, though. He'll know that there's danger once these don't return. Think that's alright? Might be, might be..." A look at the sky, trying to judge how many hours before nightfall there are.

If you want to perform a surprise attack, you have about 30 seconds (2 melee rounds) in order to get into position and activate any powers.

Unless Miss Terra ordered otherwise, Snowfall drew hisTW Naut'Yll Sonic Rifle (Book of Magic, page 325) and pointed to his nine tails. "Quick!" he told the faeries. "Grab a tail and hold on tight! I'll get you into cover!"

Reaching out his free paw to Miss Terra (as he was quite confident he could get her under cover faster than she could herself), he gave a little bow and grinned. "May I offer a lady a ride?"

Whether alone or with company, Snowfall then flew to the darkest ambush point courtesy of his "Blazing Comet" tattoo, and then cloaked his surroundings in shadows, courtesy of his "Black Sun" tattoo powers.

"Frighten a bunch of fairies will you?" He quietly aimed his trusty rifle at the scary menace. "You'll get what's coming to you!"

Sherwood Sherwood I had activated my Invulnerability before going to meet Eron, and it has a duration of 70 minutes for me. Is it still up, or has that time limit expired?

Sherwood Sherwood I had activated my Invulnerability before going to meet Eron, and it has a duration of 70 minutes for me. Is it still up, or has that time limit expired?
It is still active. It has only been perhaps 20-30 minutes of time since you activated that tattoo.

Terra will gladly accept the lift from Snowfall as he carries her into the treeline, then she settles down with her sword in hand to wait for the demons to come out and play, knowing that together they are more than a match for these few Brodkil.

Zephiron will take the form of an indigenous bird and find concealment in a tree until it was time to spring the ambush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back