• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"So maybe we should start heading toward the coastline while, uh, someone teaches us how to properly patch up the outer hull? I'm, uhh, not very handy with that kinda stuff! Heh, heh!" Snowfall grinned sheepishly and put his hands behind his back. He had many talents, but the reparation of technological items was not one of them.

Zephiron gave a room a quick scan before speaking. "I know we're in a territory infested with man-squitos, but you guys didn't find any tasty looking beasts out there did you? We didn't really get to bring a lot of supplies with us that a mechanugget wouldn't keep. Need I remind you how bad they are at making lemonade."

Zephiron stifled the thought of that nasty aftertaste. "Point being, I'm obviously not the one to patch the chrome-fort-crab. Now may not be a bad time to hunt for those us without a knack for metalworking."

Terra goes over to her pack and pulls out a water bottle and takes a long drink. "Well, we can patch the hole easy enough. I think that Shaona can help guide us non-techie people along enough to help make the room watertight once more. The problem that I see is what to do with this place. If we try to move it back to Dweomer, we will be moving through some serious amounts of Coalition territory before we can link up with allied forces, and I can say with full certainty that they will not sit idly by as we walk this bad boy through their turf without saying and doing something about it."

She puts the cap back on the water bottle and stuffs it back into her pack. "As much as I hate to say it, we may have to end up stripping what we can from this fortress and destroy it to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. But before we go to that extreme measure, lets see what we can come up with as a possible course to travel once we make landfall once more."

"You'd destroy knowledge that could save entire worlds." It's just one sentence, where there should be hundreds - but how could they really understand, without ever seeing what she has truly access to? They can't - they only have her word for it, and for all the gathered data - it's not been too helpful, thus far. But it might be, one day. There's defiance in her voice, a quiet reproach that this should really be an option. There's got to be something better. "Maybe find a way to make it inaccessible - could try to find an irreplacable piece in the blueprints, something that one could remove. You know, like a key, so that noone else can get access. Then hide the damn thing, and find a path forward from there. If there's no better way, that is. I'd prefer a plan that can't go wrong, and that's getting this thing to a safe place, somehow." Her face says more than the words, perhaps. She'd be the last one to vote for a destruction. "Could try to find a way through their code, too, find a way to shut the thing down so that only we can reactivate it. That'd be tough, though, and time-consuming. The other thing, too." Another proposal, searching for something that sounds like a reliable course of action.

"Repairs aren't the problem, we can figure that out. Just can't control the thing in the meantime, so we'd have to stay in place for a while. Maybe it's best to do that right here and now - before there's an entire trail that someone else could notice. Maybe take the time and get some supplies as well, too." A nod towards Zeph - he's got a point there.

"Any other path, not through the coalition, I mean? Eastern coast?" Back to the real problem at hand. "There's gotta be better ways, right? I mean, all we'd need is a message, and then they open a portal towards our position, right? Or somewhere close, at least. We had the mages to open a portal of the right size, just need to gather them again and tell 'em where they can find us now. Simple as that. Same plan as before, just that we need to contact them somehow." A look over to Snowfall. For all the things she's seen over the last few days, the wise man still knows a lot more about portals. And about many other things, most likely.

She runs her fingers through the green strands of her hair. "I mean, we've got a long way ahead of us. Walking isn't really an option. We don't know of anything nearby that'd help us. It's gotta be portals, or something like that, if we don't want to trudge through the wilderness till we retire."

"Hm... I don't know much about the Coalition, but even a swarm of bugs gets annoying after awhile. If the worst should happen here though, I am still a royal dragon. I know I can heft Daisy in her loud suit normally, so I don't think we will have to worry about hoofin' it down a dusty trail. I say let's stock up on food while Shaona here gets the chrome-crab to wake up and listen to her."

Sorry I have taken so long in getting back to this game. I've had a bit of a writers block on this, and it has been bugging me quite a bit. I'm trying to knock the dust off of this game and get some momentum once more.

Over the course of the next day, the group begins to search through the mobile fortress to find repair equipment and armor patches to cover up the hole that Terra carved into the outer hull. With Shaona's guidance, you are able to find the needed parts and begin to weld the hole shut.

As the group is taking turns keeping guard during the day, Daisy's whiskers begin to twitch from the presence of something supernatural coming close. It is currently late afternoon, so you know it cannot be a vampire, but there is definitely something out there and it is coming closer.

D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Purr Purr Rykon Rykon Silanon Silanon

Unaware of what is coming, Terra is trying to find some way to get in touch with the people back in Dweomer. The range of her small radio is far to short to be able to get a signal out. But as she is pondering her options, her gaze turns to Tiny. With a snap of her fingers, she says, "Magic Pigeon! Tiny has that spell available as one of the magical abilities built into it. It is only capable of short messages of thirty words or less, but I can use it to let everyone back there know we are alive and start the process of brainstorming ideas to get this place back to friendlier territory."

"Hey!" Snowfall smiled and pointed at Terra. "Magic Pigeon! That's a good idea, Miss Terra! You think... ahh... what's that fellow's name?" Snowfall launched into an animated physical description of a magic-user that sounded like Olsen. With his Japanese accent, it came off as odd, but then again, out of Snowfall, what didn't? "So, yeah. The one who walks and talks and looks like that? Maybe we send the message to him? Or you think someone else in mind is better?"

Terra grins at Snowfall's antics. "You mean Olsen, right? Yeah, I think he's the best one to send a message to, since he is Brazamal's right hand man and knows all the people in the city. I'll zip him a short message. It will take a little bit of time for the pigeon to get him, so we'll need to be patient as we wait for a reply."

She thinks, then reaches out with her mind to Tiny and has it cast the spell. "Olsen, this is Terra. We are alive and well with the fortress down in Central America. We'll need some assistance in getting the fortress back to Dweomer." With that, she sends the Magic Pigeon on its way.

From the bays and balconies provided by the mobile fortress, Daisy kept watch. Always keeping a nose to the air.

She stayed out of her suit for the most part. She didnt want to use up its resources, and spending too much time in it at once lead to atrophy and body aches. This wasnt one of those though, as she was using the visor to scan the horizon.

And it was then that the tingle in her nose erupted into something fierce. Even the sealed suit could not keep out a psychic scent.

Her first though was a vampire... but... even if using the trees as cover, it would be stupid to move during daylight. The being.... was it that being? That wrongness she senses?

Hastily, between her nose and the vision blondes within the Glitterboy, she scanned the horizon from her perch. Trying find a direction and any visual sign of the anomoly.

Using the advanced optics of the Glitter Boy suit, namely the infrared filter, Daisy can see that there is a quartet of large heat signatures making their way through the jungle. At this point, you can see that they are down on all fours and from their size, you would have to guess that they are some kind of large cat, such as a jaguar. But with the way your nose is twitching, there is no way that these are just 'normal' creatures, and they are only a few hundred feet out from the outer hull of the fortress.

What do you do?
D. Rex D. Rex

As her HUD dinged out the cats, she let out a huff. Jungle cats would not do much to this fortress... but she her psychic senses were tingling. These were something else and warranted a degree of caution. No telling what the local life was capable of...

"Incoming!" Daisy said over the radio. "Four targets, possible indigenous species. Big cat looking things, and they smell supernatural. Presuming them hostile."

Daisy would ready her rail gun and prepare to take a shot. "I never liked cats anyway..." she muttered under her breath.

Last edited:
"Got ya - guess we'll try to prepare the best we can." Greasy hands wipe the sweat off her brow as she steps away from the task; closing the hull against threats just like these. There's a quiet satisfaction as Shaona musters the results of their work thus far; there's something calming in simple handwork. Right until you notice that you might not have been fast enough, that is - but that risk has been there right from the start, and there's always magic to compensate. Still, her eyes wander over the breach - trying to judge the progress thus far.

Sherwood Sherwood How much did a day of work do for us - enough to make the fortress easier defendable, or are we still looking at the same breach that allowed Terra's automatons to step through with ease?

Sherwood Sherwood How much did a day of work do for us - enough to make the fortress easier defendable, or are we still looking at the same breach that allowed Terra's automatons to step through with ease?
As of now, you are in the final stages of pressure testing the patch job that you have been working on, and from what you've been able to tell, it does look like it will be water tight.

Psychie Psychie you still with us?

As Daisy watches the four figures hiding in the trees, they suddenly change into humanoid forms and are no longer in the shape of large cats. Two of the four figures continue to advance through the trees towards the fortress. When they finally break out of the jungle line, you can see that they appear to be Native Americans in their skin and hair color, and they are dressed in loose fitting robes that look very primitive. From where you are with your advanced optics you can see that neither one is armed with anything more deadly than bone daggers on their belts.

The two advance slowly, keeping their hands away from their sides as they head towards the fortress. They look quite curious about the place.

What do you guys do?

Daisy narrowed her eyes. Shapeshifters. At their lack of hostile postures, she eases off the trigger. "Maybe not hostile..." Daisy reported over her comms. "But they are getting close. Going to go see what they want. Requesting a scope on me in case they change their mind."

With that said, Daisy shouldered the rail gun, and kept no weapon in hand as she stepped to the edge of her perch, and stepped off. Using controlled bursts of her jet thrusters to slow her descent so she didnt land with a crash to startle them.

"Hello there." She would say upon landing. If they understood her or not was irrelevant. All she needed was a few words from them for the automatic translator in her suit to make itself useful.

Hostile or not, these people know that we are here, and therefore must be investigated. Besides, they will most likely have more information on the local area than we currently have. "I'm moving in your direction, Daisy, just in case they decide to be unfriendly."

Last edited:
"Same - not done yet, but this ain't gonna go nowhere. Let me grab a gun real quick, and I'll be there for the worst case." With that said, Shaona will leave things in a reasonable state to find her weapons, and then a clear line of fire.

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

Snowfall found himself smiling. He was feeling curious and he loved the feeling. Who was not hostile? What was worth speaking to while requesting eyes to watch Daisy's back? And why in the heck was he standing here thinking to himself when instead he could be out there seeing for himself?! He could be missing all of the good stuff right this very moment! AAACK!

Snowfall leapt through the air and vanished. He floated out behind Daisy in his cloud form. He was certain Daisy could sense him in this form if she went looking. Snowfall's smile broadened for he was hoping to discover something pleasant for a change. He was prepared for the opposite, but being the devout Messenger of Inari that he was, he felt that warm, child-like feeling that always went with him when he was discovering something or someone new. Moments like these were what traveling the Megaverse was for!

Perhaps they would need a message delivered?

full

Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: Central America!
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228). Self-P.P.E. (278/278). Power Matrix (60/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Sustain (264/288 hours).

Zephiron was bored and feeling a bit peckish. He was silently hoping, that by trailing behind Daisy, he might get snacks out of this meeting one way or another. He used his metamorphosis to follow behind as an Eagle, landing majestically upon Daisy's armored shoulder to listen in on the conversation without scaring the bowels of the approaching beings clear of their contents.

When Daisy lands in front of the figures, they immediately stop and appear ready to run. At this close range, you can see that the pair is a man and a woman, and when you speak, the pause for a moment and trade a look. Finally the man murmurs a word in a language you don't understand (and so far, your translator has not had enough contact with this lingo to identify it). He then says in thickly accented English, "You are American, yes? At least you speak this tongue. If you are from the north, you are far from home. What brings you here, in lands we call our own? Do you serve the vampiros?"

It does not take a genius to see that when the man says the word 'vampiros', he scowls as if even saying that put a bad taste in his mouth.

Them being jumpy was a good sign they weren't all that much if a threat. Which was nice to be on the threatening end of things. And an even better feeling that the others were at her back. It would be slightly amusing to blow them away so easily now if they tried anything.

"Yes, I am American." Daisy replied proudly as an eagle landed on her shining shoulder as if to drive the fact home.

"We are here because it is where the magic sent us." She explained. "We serve no vampires. I kill vampires. And we have seen none since we arrived. We are no threat to you so long as you are no threat to us."

However... what is that way?" She asked. Pointing towards where she sensed the horrid power. "Something wicked and strong. I can smell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back