• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With the giant one down. Its time to clean up. The barrel of the Boom gun comes to target one of the remaining brains. Fires!

Target: Brain 4
Strike: 35
Damage: 100

The Boom Gun roars, and it hits Brain 4 hard, making it stumble, but it is still up and active.

The slowed Brains both try to attack Daisy with their rail guns. One will hit unless you dodge; the other is a clean miss.

Brain 4 jumps up into the air and snags onto one of the large cables that were protruding from the back of the Overlord. It then plugs the open end into its body. You all have the distinct feeling that this is not a good thing.

Psychie Psychie is up with her trio of Automations, and D. Rex D. Rex has a defense to declare.

Current order
22 - Shaona [5] delay
18 - Snowfall [6]
14 - Daisy [7]
13 - Brains 1-2 slowed [3]
13 - Brain 4 [3] badly damaged
10 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [5] <====
--Baby [4] <====
--Junior [4] <====
3 - Zephiron [5]

"Miss Terra!" Snowfall pointed excitedly shouted a brief warning. "Watch out! The brains are trying to do something evil and smart!"

Terra has some trouble hearing Snowfall over the sound of her ringing ears, but she can see that the Brain is doing something that will probably end up being bad for them. Time to take it out! She silently commands Baby and Junior to both use their Starfire Pulse Cannons to target that one Brain, knowing that it is probably overkill, but best not to take any chances, right? Then, she charges forward with Tiny to use its sword on Brain 1 to cut into it.
70 MD on the damaged Brain, and a massive 30 MD (sarcasm here) on Brain 1

Total MDC 515

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 /
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50 / 10

Bonus Points: 8

Tiny
Main Body 1,000 MDC / 690 left
PPE: 200

Baby
Main Body 500 MDC / 410 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 3

Junior
Main Body 500 MDC / 380 left
PPE 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon 8 / 3

Daisy is able to easily evade the rail gun fire, saving her armor from getting any damage.

Terra made a good call with using both of her Earth Thunderers to attack the damaged Brain. Luckily for you, the one shot that did connect is enough to destroy it before it could do much. Tiny's swing is barely on target, and does only minimal damage to the slowed Brain you hit.

Rykon Rykon is up

Current order
22 - Shaona [5] delay
18 - Snowfall [6]
14 - Daisy [7]
13 - Brain 1 slowed [3] light damage
13 - Brain 2 slowed [3]
10 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [6]
--Baby [5]
--Junior [5]
3 - Zephiron [5] <====

Zephiron blinks at the wreckage taking a quick glance at the two remaining machine and charges the one not currently in the line of fire. With Cutting Squall at his side, he brings it across toward Brain 2 attempting to either cleave it in two or bat it into the wall and smash it into scrap.

60 MD from the crit.

Zeph's mighty swing comes down on the Brain hard, cracking the armor a bit, but it is still functional.

Silanon Silanon still has an action on delay. Do you wish to continue to hold?

Current order
22 - Shaona [5] delay <====
18 - Snowfall [6]
14 - Daisy [7]
13 - Brain 2 slowed [3] moderate damage
10 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [6]
--Baby [5]
--Junior [5]
3 - Zephiron [6]

Another foe down, the one of importance; seems like while the Overlord is gone, his work can still be continued by others. Thus, Shaona keeps her eyes on them, ready to act if anyone attempts the same thing as their fallen brother and closes in on one the cables.

Delaying my action once more, this time waiting for someone else to make a move towards the cables.

Shaona continues to wait and observe.

Purr Purr is up again with Snowfall

Current order
22 - Shaona [5] delay
18 - Snowfall [6] <====
14 - Daisy [7]
13 - Brain 2 slowed [3] moderate damage
10 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [6]
--Baby [5]
--Junior [5]
3 - Zephiron [6]

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

This is Snowfall's last action for the round.

Snowfall performed a brief kabuki dance of victory as the would-be new Overlord was destroyed. "You did it, Miss Terra! That's the spirit!" said the fox spirit.

But they were two brains left remaining and either could try to become the new Overlord, or so the foxy messenger surmised. He closed one eye, clenched his teeth, aimed his faithful Tatsu Blaster and exclaimed, "Sure, you oni-hearted murderers had the smarts to come here. Too bad you lacked the wisdom to go back when you had the chance! For Earth! Banzaaaai!" Snowfall loosed a powerful lightning blast at the weakest-looking of the two brains.

full

Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: The Mechanoid Main Fortress
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (190/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes). Immunity to Energy (Terra's duration).

The lightning bolt slams into the Brain, causing it to spark and shudder before falling over in a smoking heap.

There is now only one enemy left in the chamber.

D. Rex D. Rex is up with Daisy

Current order
22 - Shaona [5] delay
18 - Snowfall [7]
14 - Daisy [7] <====
10 - Terra [1]
--Tiny [6]
--Baby [5]
--Junior [5]
3 - Zephiron [6]

Once more, Daisy shows all just why the Glitter Boy is considered to be one of the most feared opponents on the battlefield as she blasts the last Brain to pieces. Flames begin to rise up from the wreckage.

Moving out of combat time.

As everyone is trying to get the ringing in their ears to end, one of the members of Terra's home Clan comes over. He says, "Don't lower your guard too much; there are most likely other threats in the fortress that will need to be ferreted out. But with the destruction of the Overlord, whatever remaining forces in here will be disorganized, and easily vanquished. We'll keep searching for any other threats, using our summoned monsters to break the Mechanoids' grip on this world."

Zephiron scans the crowd around him including the party and various forces. "If it's all the same to the rest of you, I could use a bit of a nap to meditate and recharge. Sustaining magic is easy enough on the nexus, but psionics aren't as easy to keep up." Now in a somewhat diminutive, yet poshly dressed, form of a young human Zephiron rubbed at his eyes as he felt the drag of fatigue. Or was it boredom? He couldn't tell, but if he could manage a break from the wreckage and wrecking of minor machines he'd gladly take what respite he could. "Before I forget, what of Brazamal and the others? I can't imagine everyone else has been idle while we slaughtered that 'overlord'."

"We got 'em! Victory! Praise Inari for allowing us to outfox those brainy creepazoids!"

Snowfall looked about ready to throw a party with the fall of the Overlord and his Mechanoid minions. He took a good look at Miss Terra. She seemed to his eyes none the worse for wear. It was her automatons that had taken the damage. "What's our next move, Miss Terra?"

Then he listened to Zephiron's request and after doing so, the fox spirit could not help but wonder. He held out his human hands. "Your majesty (for there was something royal about the scaly fellow), you certain you really want to take a cat-nap in this sorta place? I mean, here in the middle of an occupied Mechanoid fortress? Even after my Atlantean buddies over there said it was a bad place to drop your guard?" Snowfall shook his head and frowned. Rest was a good thing, but only in the right place. He thought western dragons thought so very different than their Eastern counterparts in cases like these. Then again, he thought, this was one young dragon and he had fought hard and true possibly beyond his limitations. Still, the best place to rest was where there were no enemies. No active ones anyway.

Snowfall turned his ever-curious mind to the wreckage of the Mechanoids. How much of the weaponized tech would sell? It didn't seem smart to grab the "brainy" parts as those were probably tainted with an evil that might not rest even in death. Best to grab the valuable-looking tech. Using his magic helmet, he searched for valuable parts that seemed to be vacant of spirits or souls or whatever these Mechanoids called "life." As he did this, he took a good look at everyone else in Miss Terra's party. How diverse they were!

"Fricking did it." There's that rebellious grin of hers, as it often shows after an unlikely triumph. Doesn't matter if there's more foes to come, out there; they tore out the figurative heart of the attack. "Doubt there's too much to fear, right now, still wouldn't want to linger too long."

Not too long, however, does not exclude a more detailed look at what can be found here. And where the fox spirit still searches, the technowizard has already found a thing of interest. Those cables that the Overlord had, and that one of the brains tried to pick up - they should have answers, and she has questions. One step at a time, she closes in. Some might stay away from the potentially tainted part of machinery, but she's never been one to avoid a risk worth taking. Instead, she lowers her mental barriers, reaches out to find whatever connection the Brain tried to use. Let her mind wander through cables and steel, find the actual core of the problem. Search for a way so that the portal may not only stay closed for now, but never be opened. Because these things, though now dead, were certainly scary, and there won't always be a group like this one waiting here; ready to stop them from swarming the world if someone finds a way to pick up things where the Overlord ended. Of course, you can simply destroy the place, but who could tell if something remains? Noone but the first one to find out. One who might not know what's on the other side. You don't want that.

"Someone, watch me. If something bad happens, stop me."

I'd like to attempt to use Telemechanic Mental Operation on the cables, see what's there to do. Try to learn more about the process of opening a portal here, and a way to make it impossible.

Daisy came up behind techy one. Squishing one of the brains under the foot of her glitterboy.

"Stop you, how?" She asked, the boom gun had returned to her back but the menacing looking Axe was still in her hand and ready. Maybe she could tap him with it lightly. The thunderclap would do the rest. Yeah, that would work. Or use it like a can opener on the Overlord should it move.

"Someone, watch me. If something bad happens, stop me."

Snowfall collected what he reasonably could and joined Shaona and Daisy. "Leave that to me," Snowfall grinned with confidence. He hopped toward Shaona and in the blink of an eye he became a fox! A cuddly fox with pure white fur and one big, bushy tail. If Shaona seemed not to mind, he curled up beside her. Then things became mystical.

Snowfall was a spirit. A magical spirit. Kitsune could detect magic and chi as naturally as a mortal fox could see and hear. Along with the still-active powers of his magic helmet, Snowfall touched his nose to his Energized Empathy tattoo and fueled it with the P.P.E. provided by the nearby nexus point.

Having many decades dealing with magic, he sorted out all of the data provided to him in an efficient and organized fashion. He watched both Shaona and the Mechanoid hardware, studying both carefully, keeping in mind that where he was from, death was not always the end of the fight (for most Japanese spirits lived until destroyed).

"Don't anybody worry. Daisy, I will be able to tell if an outside force attempts to force its will over your buddy here whom I gather possesses a strong will of her own. Plus, I have the means to kick them out even if they do somehow get in. Where I'm from, this sort of thing happens all the time."

Snowfall was in a more serious frame of mind now that combat was over. His soul was at peace after their excellent victory. Like the Atlanteans, he figured in a place like this, to let one's guard down was to invite evil.

If any remained here, this little ancient messenger of the gods would be ready.

"Well I was going to find a place elsewhere to rest, but now it seems we need to take up a watch. Very well. I could keep a watch on her mental and emotional state. If you have this though, stranger, just let me know if I need to help exorcize any psionic presences."

Zephiron seemed content to delegate duties. He was very confident in his mental combat prowess, yet to he did exert much of his ISP to self defense.

Daisy rotated her axe so that the flat of the blade was in position as a striking surface. She didn't fully understand the tall of magic and possession, but figured he knew what he was doing. "But then I hit her if it goes wrong, correct?" She asked.

The head of the Glitterboy turned back to Zeph. "Little dragon. You may rest on my back should you want. Your weight is minuscule and will not hinder me." She suggested. The glitterboy was big amd strong enough that the dragon wouldn't interfere with anything.

"But then I hit her if it goes wrong, correct?"
"Yes. More than once, just to be sure. Won't come to that, though." For just a moment, her mind withdraws, long enough to respond; and long enough to do preparations that some willing to guard her might expect. Her hands find holster and sheath on her belt, loosens them, tosses them away, out of her reach. The pistol lands somewhere behind the fox, the knife finds its place behind her; if anything goes wrong, better not have them at hand. The gun - not usable anyway, at least at this point. If she gets to reload it, things went horribly wrong...
Then, she pulls off the old, worn-down glove on her left hand, reaches out towards the fox. Not touching the guarding spirit, just seeking closeness, tentatively hovering there, palm pointing upwards. Her strengths are focused on machines, not people, but one can still imagine a protective presence where one can't feel one, right?

Slowly, her mind wanders back into the Overlord's remains - perhaps just a slightly more confident, knowing that others are watching. A fox spirit, a Glitterboy, a fricking dragon; not much that could go wrong, right? Hopefully - no point in saving the world if you destroy it by accident right after.

Last edited:
Terra looks around the room in a bit of awe. "Holy crap, we did it, and didn't lose a single soul in the process! Hot damn! We totally kicked ass here! Awesome job, everyone!" She takes a few moments to try and clear her ringing ears, working her jaw to try and restore hearing once more. If I am going to be working with this Glitter Boy pilot, I am definitely going to need better hearing protection! That fucker is loud!

With the fighting in the main chamber over and done with, Terra jumps down from Tiny's back and examines the amount of damage done to the three Automations. She then gives each one an affectionate pat on the leg as she gives the mental commands to begin the self-repair magic a work out. It will take a good chunk of the afternoon, but all three will be up to full health in relatively no time, assuming that there are no other threats to deal with.

Now with that level of housekeeping done, the Atlantian turns to her kin-folk with a wide grin. "It is good to see so many of my Clan here, helping out. I wish to extend my most sincere thanks to all of you for stepping forward to do what must be done to save the lives of so many people here on Earth." She then bows deep to all of her clansmen, then goes up to each one in a much less formal hug. "If you have any need of assistance in clearing out this den of evil, I am more than happy to step up and offer my sword arm to the cause."

When Shaona uses her Telemechanics on the cables, you are briefly overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information that assails you. It is not an attack; just so much data! You quickly realize that this is a connection to the main computer of the facility, it is psionically controlled, and it has information covering hundreds of thousands of worlds out in the Megaverse. At least there is no attempt to take over your mind. That's the good news.

But even with all of this information, there are two things that stand out to you. First is the knowledge that there are other Mechanoid forces that this fortress had brought along with it that were not on this location when your group attacked. The second is a digital timer, reading 59, 58, 57 . . .

It does not take you long to discover that this is a countdown to a major explosion in the fortress, a failsafe to keep this place from falling into the hands of their enemies. Right now, Shaona has two choices: Try and stop the self-destruct, or evacuate everyone and hope you can get out in time.
Silanon Silanon

While Shaona is in the middle of her dive into the system, no none in the chamber is aware of any risk to their lives.

Perception +8
Initiative +5 (+9 when using W.P. Quick Draw)
Attacks per Round: 6
Strike +12
Damage +16
Parry +14
Dodge +19 (+22 in Fox form)
Roll +17
Maintain Balance +10
Save vs. Magic +10
Save vs. Pain +14
Horror Factor Saving Throws +4

Damage by Weapon Type
See Character Sheet.

While keeping guard of Shaona, Snowfall found himself glancing at the remains of the Overlord. He realized he detested the creature even in death. A haiku sprang into his mind.

Where do you get off
Thinking our dear Earth is yours?
Go. Do not return.

Like a leaf in the wind, Snowfall let the thought go.

full

Image credit: Pinterest.pt )
STATUS Location: The Mechanoid Main Fortress
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (228/228) Self-P.P.E. (226/278). Power Matrix (--/60 P.P.E.) . Effects Active: Blazing Comet (Mach 5 for 5 [6]hours. 100/120 M.D.). Invulnerability (190/450 M.D. for 35/50 [60]minutes). All-seeing Helm (30 minutes). Immunity to Energy (Terra's duration).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back