• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The wonders of magic, showing all around him - Eron takes a deep breath's length to eye their preparations, then finds himself a nice little spot out in the open. Presenting the easy target that he is not. Now even less than before, with this kind of well-coordinated backup. He draws the sword, lets sharp steel cut through the air - then stands still for a moment long enough to prepare his mind for battle, just like his body is prepared. The calm before the storm, some call it. Little matters, right there and then. Only he matters, and thus his minions. It's like a knight's oath, just without the words. He must be stopped, so here he stands. Not even cats could stop him, with a dragonbird as support. How could they then, loud and noisy and fat? He listens for them, for their approach. He hears well, ever since he became what he is. There's tension building in these muscles of his, ready to jump right into battle any moment now. Like one of those cats he fears so much - ready to pounce as soon as the prey finally shows.

Activating enhanced reflexes before the battle begins. Down to 90isp.

With most of you having gone into the treeline, only Daisy in her Glitter Boy suit is in sight. Soon after the rest of the group has vanished into the trees, five large Brodkil demons burst into sight. A quick glance at them shows that all five have extensive cybernetic reconstruction, including one that has an extra pair of arms attached at its torso. All five have large weapons in hand of various types, and are wearing ramshackle armor that has been pieced together.

As they come into sight, they stop short, looking surprised to see the large suit of powered armor in front of them. One snarls out, "What the hell is this? He said we were hunting for the weres and their crazy friend, not some GB suit!"

Another one says to Daisy, "We aren't here for you, just that one. Stand down, and we won't have any trouble. Mess with us, though, and we'll tear you apart."

Everyone, please give me initiative rolls!

Last edited:
Daisy grinned behind her helmet, the boom gun swinging incrementally to take direct aim. "What makes you think I'm not crazy too?" She said with a voice full of mirth, anticipating the fight. Not just that she had them in her sights now, but that their eyes were on her.

( Sherwood Sherwood would I be able to pull off a surprise shot?)

Initiative- 23

Daisy grinned behind her helmet, the boom gun swinging incrementally to take direct aim. "What makes you think I'm not crazy too?" She said with a voice full of mirth, anticipating the fight. Not just that she had them in her sights now, but that their eyes were on her.

( Sherwood Sherwood would I be able to pull off a surprise shot?)

Initiative-
lol You can try a surprise shot at one as they come out of the trees. It will make me edit the IC post again.

Its ok. If you want to hit them first, you are welcome to give it a try. I just need to know what you are going to do.

Its ok. If you want to hit them first, you are welcome to give it a try. I just need to know what you are going to do.
I rolled initiative. But Daisy isnt above taking a shot while they are still talking. She isnt so honorable as to not sucker punch a foe.

What the hell. Why not go ahead and make a post about getting a shot off with the Boom Gun.

Everyone will need to remember that those without hearing protection will be deafened.

Current Initiative

23 - Daisy
19 - Snowfall
6 - Zephiron

No sooner had Daisy ended her sentence than her finger pulled the trigger. The support pylons anchored into the ground a split second before the gun fired. At this range... it wasnt going to be pleasant for anyone. As for her allies... she tried to warn them about hearing protection around her. She wasnt about to tell them thrice.

Target: Talking Demon
Strike: 37 (critical strike on nat 18)
Damage: 210 (max damage)

Initiative roll for Terra
Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +11
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

Current Initiative

23 - Daisy
19 - Snowfall
12 - Terra
6 - Zephiron

It's just how it always goes, in the end; there's all the crazies slaving away in the frontlines, performing their heroic deeds - and then it's still always the men in shiny armor or legendary suits (or both) that get all the attention. Unfortunate, some say. But that's alright. It's one way to succeed: To be the secondary threat right until one's at their throat. People still know to fear the studs. Did they send out demons to find that glitterboy? No, they didn't. Took a crazy to draw them out of their fortress - and a few shapeshifting cats that really don't matter in that regard, now do they?

Still - he's not standing here without a purpose. That's what his minions are there for, not fighters like he is. The verbal riposte is on its way upwards, towards his lips - when it turns into a surprised, soundless breath instead. The world shakes. And rings. Rings, mostly. No sound, no voices. Nothing. Just that sudden ring, that headache, and the peace within. It's the definition of non-music; people always try to imitate the pouch's whisper. Even speech, though that's far enough away from the truth to bear with it. This, though - this is silencing all those attempts.

What remains is clarity - and a shouting crazy. It's not easy to speak without hearing yourself. It's even harder to find just the right loudness to be heard. He goes for 'rather too loud, than not audible'. "Looking for me?" They are, they said as much. It's a pointless question, doubly so since he can't hear the response. Fine by him, he has solid steel in his hand. Has good eyes too. He'll see their response. They'll see his, too.

+9 to initiative thanks to enhanced reflexes. Let's mop up whatever that crit leaves behind, team.

Daisy's initial shot takes the Brodkil by surprise, ripping through the light armor and still having enough oomph to blast a hole though the chest of the offending demon. The resulting boom echoes around the clearing, scaring the hell out of the animals and sending up a flurry of birds as they flee in fear.

Silanon Silanon is up

29 - Eron <====
23 - Daisy
19 - Snowfall
18 - demon 1
15 - demon 2
12 - Terra
10 - demon 3
6 - Zephiron
5 - demon 4

Good shot, he figures. "Good shot!", he shouts. Or he hopes so, at least. The ringing, you know? The first kill was claimed, but the second one is still up for grabs. Not that he's keen on counting, or anything like that. That'd just be slaughtering, and thus not in the spirit of saving the world, and keeping him at bay. Still, it's his minions, so it'd be good to make an impact. That's what he's standing here for, after all. Well, not any longer. He's quick like that. Turning on the spot once, facing the foes. Running, crouched like a cat on the prowl. Sprinting forward, each step just a little wider than the last. Leaping forward, at the second-best foe, because they always expect you to go for the closest.

"Sir Cooley sends his regards, foul creature! Face me, fence me, stand your ground!"

His sword cuts an arc of holiness through the air; turning crimson as it closes in on the evilness, before coming down at the chosen fiend; this weapon was forged to purge the corruption, and what's a demon, if not that?

Leaping in to strike against whatever demon is second-closest - preferably in a way that doesn't block the others' line of fire.
enhanced reflexes: +1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

total: 8 attacks, +10 to strike, +16 parry/dodge
with sword: +13 to strike, +18 to parry

23 to hit, 6d6+6=29 mdc damage, x2 vs supernatural evil (that's demons, right?)

Last edited:
As Eron swings his blade, the normally gleaming silver turns a dull red, signalling that these are indeed evil beings and your sword is more than happy to cut them down. The blade manages to hit home, doing enough damage to the demon that its flimsy armor is cut away and falls, useless, and it draws a little bit of dark blood from the creature.

D. Rex D. Rex is up

29 - Eron [1]
23 - Daisy <====
19 - Snowfall
18 - demon 1 light damage
15 - demon 2
12 - Terra
10 - demon 3
6 - Zephiron
5 - demon 4

Not even before the red mist of blood faded and droplets speckled her visor did she already have the massive shoulder cannon swinging to the next demon in line.

Her armor hid the grin that split her face at the sight of that demons face. And with a hole in its chest as it fell. It reminded her of an old cartoon.

She could hear the crazy yelling. Oh, that's right. He didnt know there was a glitterboy here. She couldnt rightly fault him for not having ear plug. Pah! One shouldnt go into a fight without wearing ear plugs anyway. Still! She appreciated the kind words. She might have to give him a pair. Such a kind young man.

Flashing him a thumbs up, knowing he wouldnt be able to even hear her, she pulled the trigger again. To send another terrific slug at the demon.

Target: Demon 2
Strike: nat 4. 23
Damage: 90

Clean miss.

Purr Purr is up

29 - Eron [1]
23 - Daisy [1]
19 - Snowfall <====
18 - demon 1 light damage
15 - demon 2
12 - Terra
10 - demon 3
6 - Zephiron
5 - demon 4

The moment Snowfall saw Daisy's pylons deploy, a sharp, surprised look covered his face. He yelled to the faeries on his tail, "Yow! Get in here, cover your ears, and don't get in front of my eyes!" He flipped his nine tails toward the back of his neck where he lifted his helmet just enough to give the tiny ladies room to scoot inside the protection of his Magic Helmet. Since it shielded his ears, he hoped it shielded theirs too.

"Sir Cooley sends his regards, foul creature! Face me, fence me, stand your ground!"

"Sir Cooley, huh?" Snowfall put that away for later reference as Eron the Crazy acted in a knight-like fashion. He pushed the butt of his TW Naut'Yll Sonic Rifle into his shoulder and hugged it, his eye peering into the scope. His initial target was the demon Eron was fighting, but then it dawned on him that if Eron was as honorable as Western knights tended to be, he might not enjoy the benefit of Snowfall's rifle. So Snowfall switched over to the 3rd Brodkill and sent a stunning blast its way.

To save you from looking it up. =) +11 to Strike (P.P. +8 with W.P. Energy Rifle +3)

This is a rifle version of the Techno-Wizard Sonic Wand with greater range and number of shots. In this case, the weapon can be charged and ready to be used by anybody. LIke a regular rifle, the shooter simply aims and fires. However, only a Techno-Wizard, other practitioner of magic or psychic can recharge the weapon.
Weight: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
Mega-Damage: 5D6 MD. per blast or stun.
Stun Damage: First victims get to save vs. magic; 14 or higher. Only those who fail to save suffer the following. 3d6 S.D.C. damage, of which 2d4 actually passes through body and power armor to affect the character inside! Those stunned are -6 to strike, parry and dodge. Speed and attacks per melee are also reduced by half. Penalties last for 1D4 melee rounds.
Range: 2,000 feet (610 m)
Payload: 30 sonic blasts and 20 sonic stuns. 60 P.P.E. or 120 I.S.P. are required to recharge the weapon. 200 P.P.E. to make it.
Cost: 80,000 credits, but never sold or traded by Naut'Yll; rare. Not for sale to outsiders, but capture weapons may be available from the Black Market, Atlantis, pirates and sailors.
Note: The magic rifle has 100 M.D.C. points and is very durable and never jams.

The targeted demon shakes his head, as if trying to clear come cobwebs from his mind, but otherwise does not seem to be affected by the rifle.

Demon 1 is mad that he was hit by Eron, and decides to return the favor with a blast from his rail gun at the chest of the Crazy man. It will hit unless you dodge.

Demon 2 raises up a pair of heavy shotguns, one in each of his hands, and fires at Daisy. They will hit unless you dodge.

Psychie Psychie is up with Terra, and both Silanon Silanon and D. Rex D. Rex have defense actions to make.

29 - Eron [1]
23 - Daisy [1]
19 - Snowfall [1]
18 - demon 1 light damage [1]
15 - demon 2 [1]
12 - Terra <====
10 - demon 3
6 - Zephiron
5 - demon 4

Terra bursts from the treeline, using her flight to get the extra oomph of speed to cover the distance between her and the Brodkil demons. Making sure to stay out of the way of the others, she decides to go after demon number 3 with her Battle Fury Blade.
Spending 40 PPE to activate my Battle Fury Blade. Gives me a 100 MDC force field and lets me attack twice each melee action doing 1d4x10 damage. Opponents are at a -5 to defend against the second blade hit due to its speed.

MDC Body Armor: 35
MDC Tattoo: 525
MDC from Sword: 100
PPE: 126 +2d4 per level / 86
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50

Bonus Points: 9

Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +11
Parry: +10
Dodge: +10
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2
Death Blow on a natural 19-20

The demon knows, it's clear as glass - the clear kind, of course, not the muddy brown bottles. Maybe clear as day is better, with an unclouded sky... or something else, Eron could ask his allies, he's got those now, at last. Later, though, if at all. It's a fight, after all, and they came prepared. He told them, because he knows, and thus that demon as well. The gun's movement gives it away, barely in time, going for the chest, and not for the head. Without the man, the pouch can be salvaged - but without the pouch, the man is nothing. Eron knows that. His foe does, too. Aims for the little, leathery thing, not for the studs. A wise demon, this one - it listened to him. Wisdom and cruelty, however, are not enough. Speed is needed, too, and Eron's got plenty of that. A hasty leap sideways to try an escape; but what truly matters is the crazy's empty hand, and the torso's rotation. The former presses the pouch against his chest - the latter brings his body between the incoming fire and the source of his strength.

+16 to dodge - for a total of 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back