• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Snowfall floated invisibly and intangibly around Daisy's shoulders, a nimbus of energy as natural as a gust of spring wind. Snowfall had not seen the Native Americans transform (if they were indeed human at all), nor had he seen the additional pair that had come in with these two, but he knew tribespeople when they seemed to appear before them. He thought fondly of his Navajo Speed Token, his gift from that honorable tribe and its wise people. How different were these humans? How similar? What tribe? Snowfall hoped they spoke more of their language given the Kitsune knack for picking up languages in short periods of time.

This was, of course, if these people were indeed human at all. Snowfall examined them for their magic and Chi to be certain.

Snowfall would like to use his supernatural senses on the pair. He is trying to determine if they are under magical spells. He is also attempting to determine if they are living beings (therefore filled with Positive Chi) or dead/undead (filled with Negative Chi).

From Mystic China, "In all forms, the Fox Spirit always has supernatural senses and is able to automatically detect Chi and Magic. Negative Chi can be sensed from 100 feet. Magic at 200 feet, basically the same as the spell or psychic ability (RUE, page 199. Sense Magic. Works like a Geiger counter. Can tell if a person or object is enchanted or under a magic spell, is in the process of invoking magic, or if magic is being used in the range area.)"

Zephiron made a curious glance at Daisy before giving an appraising scan of the couple. "If they aren't man-squitos, are they just normal people?" He thought to himself.

He activates the See Aura psionic power to get a better read on the couple.

Terra hangs back a bit, watching the interaction between the two people and Daisy, trying to get a read on them. She does not make any hostile moves, but keeps aware of any possible threats - not only from them, but from the area around the group, too.

When Snowfall uses his Chi Sight, he can immediately tell that these four beings are not undead, and also, that they are not any mere mortals. All four of them are some kind of enchanted creatures, and the two in the treeline that are hiding back there are using some kind of magic at this time.

Zephiron's See Aura spell reveals the following:
Three of the four are a medium level of experience, but one registers as high (it is the man in front of you at the moment)
All four register the presence of magic,
One of the four in front of you has a high level of Psychic powers (also the man in front of you),
All four show a low level of PPE,
No possessing entities are detected,
All four show that they are in superior health,
And finally, all four show that they are not human, but some sort of mutant, DBee or demon - you cannot tell which from the spell.

Terra's keen eyesight as she looks around does not see any signs of incoming danger as the two groups talk.

However... what is that way?" She asked. Pointing towards where she sensed the horrid power. "Something wicked and strong. I can smell it.
The man looks at Daisy in her suit of powered armor and says, "I would have thought that was the reason that you are here with your giant metal thing; to bring an end to that monster. It is the bane of my tribe's existence, some dark horror that the vampires and their minions guard with zeal. The deadly bloodsuckers are vigilant and actively hunt the members of my tribe along with any other being that is brave or unlucky enough to find themselves in the area." He glances over at the woman with him and speaks rapid-fire in his own language to her, then shifts back to English. "Forgive my manners. I am Jorge, and this is my wife, Maja. You say you came here by accident? If so, I fear for your lives. The vampires do not care why you are here; just that you are. Once they learn of you being here, they will come to kill you."

Terra steps forward with curiosity. "How many vampires are we talking about here? Dozens? Hundreds? Even more than that? And what kind of minions do these bloodsuckers have under their control?"

Jorge looks over at Terra, and he replies, "We know that there are hundreds of the lesser vampires under the control of the one master and the horrid nightmare-thing that has spawned them. They also have demons and other monsters that like to prey upon those weaker than they. My tribe has been fighting them as much as we can for years, but we lack the ability to eliminate them all."

Hundreds of vampires, along with demons and 'other monsters'. Not good. And from where this horror-thing is, it is right in our path to the coast. Terrific. She says, "Well, we have the ability to defend ourselves from the vampires, and their minions shouldn't be too much of a problem for us. I'm Terra Alvana, by the way."

OOC Sherwood, is there any way that I can try a Demon and Monster Lore roll to try and identify what this horror monster might be?

Jorge and Maja both look at Terra with some measure of surprise. Maja says, "If that many vampires does not scare you, then surely you are powerful warriors. Our people have had some luck with the fiends, and have bloodied their noses enough that they do not try to hunt us very often. Their demons are another story. We still have those things to deal with frequently."

OOC Terra has a suspicion that she knows what this monster-thing is, thanks to her time dimension hopping. It sounds like it may be a Vampire Intelligence, a horrible monster that feeds on life and magic energies of this land. They are horrible to behold, as they are large lumps of flesh hundreds of feet across with dozens of pseudo pods sprouting from their twisted forms. They are the source of the vampire infestation in Rifts Earth, and there are many dozens of these things hidden away in dark lairs in Central America. The Atlaneans have faced these things before, and they are a tough challenge. One good thing about them is that if you are able to destroy it, all the vampires associated with that particular monster will be destroyed.

Terra pauses, deep in thought. What to do? It sounds like this thing we are sensing is a Vampire Intelligence! If we are able to destroy it, we could successfully wipe out thousands of vampires that this thing helped to spawn. But can we do it? She looks to the others and says, "I fear that I know what this threat may be. It sounds like it is a monster from another dimension known as a Vampire Intelligence, and we Atlanteans have faced them in battle many times. They are huge, twisted things of eldritch horror that literally spawns the vampire scourge. They are well guarded by both their undead children and by day walking monsters, and they are like the vampires themselves in that they are hard to kill. But we are hardly your average band of adventurers. But even so, I am wondering if it would even be possible for us to kill such a thing."

"Of course its possible." Daisy said. "With the right sort of firepower, anything will die. And we just so happen to have a bunch of firepower right there." She said, pointing at the recently acquired juggernaut base.

Terra grins at Daisy. "I like the way you think. But, that being said, even for us, it would be a tough fight, and I don't want to speak for all of you in this. At the very least, we should discuss our options at length before committing to a course of action."

"Well here is an option for you. We load it up with every man, woman, and child that can feasibly operate a weapon or weapons system. We lock it down and stomp our way to the blob. Burning, blasting, and squashing everything in our path. Explosives. Napalm. Cannons loaded with bundles of wooden spikes." As she spoke. Her voice seemed very excited, and her hands curled into fists. The war paint in her helmet vibing well with how she felt. "We leave nothing behind but embers, gooified vampires, and a giant crater."

Daisy paused. "That said... I'm not exactly particular on doing things for free."

Maja and Jorge look at one another in obvious surprise. Jorge says, "You would actually try to kill such a thing? Are you truly such powerful warriors? I am impressed." He looks to his wife and speaks in more rapid-fire lingo that you don't understand, then turns to you once more. "If you were to be able to do so, not only would my tribe be in your debt, but all the people that live in this area would owe you their lives."
"Well here is an option for you. We load it up with every man, woman, and child that can feasibly operate a weapon or weapons system. We lock it down and stomp our way to the blob. Burning, blasting, and squashing everything in our path. Explosives. Napalm. Cannons loaded with bundles of wooden spikes." As she spoke. Her voice seemed very excited, and her hands curled into fists. The war paint in her helmet vibing well with how she felt. "We leave nothing behind but embers, gooified vampires, and a giant crater."

Daisy paused. "That said... I'm not exactly particular on doing things for free."
Jorge snorts. "We have a few items of power that might be of interest to you, but you must also consider that this thing has been lurking here for centuries, and has undoubtedly gathered many things of value. If you wish, we can discuss more of the details in our village."

Terra smiles. "Daisy, this fortress would only be a threat with its guns going against the minions of the vampires; against the bloodsuckers themselves, it would do little. But your idea is one we can consider. Jorge, where is your village from here?"

The dark skinned man responds with, "For us, it is only a few hours away. I do not know how well your people would be able to keep pace with us."

"I'm aware. But we dont need to kill them. Right? Just get them out of the way until we can crush the intelligence."

At the talk of payment, items of power weren't on the top of her list. But she couldnt rightly expect them to have an adequate amount of money to pay for such a job... as for the spoils... well... that's considered the bonus in addition to the payment. But she was nice enough to not voice that.

( Sherwood Sherwood
What sort of high speed maneuverablitity would the Glitterboy have in a jungle like this? Would it be deteramintal enough that a jetpack would offer more mobility for easy travel?)

What sort of high speed maneuverablitity would the Glitterboy have in a jungle like this? Would it be deteramintal enough that a jetpack would offer more mobility for easy travel?)
Both your Glitter Boy and Terra's Automations will have little trouble getting through the jungle; the only trouble you'll have is that you'll leave a nice set of tracks unless you can come up with some way to conceal them.

Both your Glitter Boy and Terra's Automations will have little trouble getting through the jungle; the only trouble you'll have is that you'll leave a nice set of tracks unless you can come up with some way to conceal them.
Would vampires need tracks to find a giant metal mecha sticking out higher than the treetops?

They might be able to use the tracks to follow you to the village; assuming that the locals mind the thought.

"Trouble keeping pace with you? I think you underestimate me and my ser- er... companions." Zephiron pouts. "However, I too am more than willing to lend my strength to your people... in exchange for your offerings, mortals." The eagle-formed Zephiron hops from Daisy's shoulder to reveal his towering, terrifying, natural dragon form. "Behold my regal splendor! Let not the hordes of man-squitos dishearten you, for they are woefully unprepared... for us!" A faint huff of colorful fumes emitted from the Dragon's nostrils at the end of his message. A sign of his own satisfaction. [I assume they will need to make their fear rolls now.]

While his traveling companions may think his demeanor a bit overconfident, he had hoped these poor small folk had the good sense to understand what kind of trouble he could be to a meager rabble of undead. That is to say, not discounting the trouble they'd cause as a full team.

[Side note: Zeph can still carry the Glitterboy and more through the sky. With an invisibility spell, tracks won't be the concern.]

Terra sighs. As much as she wants to bring her Automations with her, it seems that they would be best off if they were left behind at this fortress. She says, "I believe that we can all manage to keep pace with you. I'll leave my Automations here for this; they are not exactly subtle and quiet, and will tear up the jungle as they move through it, leaving a wide trail that these demons and vampires can follow. I will wish to return here to get them before going off into some battle with the minions of evil, though."

With a nod, Jorge says, "Very well. We will set an easy pace at first, until such time as we know you are able to keep up. Follow us." He then turns to the jungle behind him and in a faint shimmer of light, both Jorge and Maja shift their forms from the humans you were talking with to that of a pair of large, muscular jaguars. With a glance over his shoulder, the now jaguar-Jorge sets off into the trees, moving nearly silently through the underbrush.

Zephiron readies himself to take on any passengers before casting any spells or powers he needs to stay inconspicuous and keep eyes on the werecats.

Using the spell Invisibility: Simple, and the Enhanced Perception power prior to take off in order to follow along without drawing a lot of attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back