• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Gradicus used his radio to fully inform Captain Raimus, his crew, and the refugees of Wangler's Knob.

Ramius responds on the radio, "Well, son, sounds like everything is under control. That's good. I have a ship full of folks that are anxious to get off of this tub and get back to their lives, and until those robot-things are dealt with, it is just not safe for them. Just remember, this ship has its own fair share of firepower on it if it turns out that you need it."

With Gradicus returning, Terra is glad to hear that there will be allies coming from Dweomer to aid in the battle to wipe out the Mechanoid base. She shares with him the word that it sounds like there may be some unofficial help coming from New Haven in Free Quebec in the form of several squads of powered suits, but she doesn't know just how many 'two squads' of soldiers will mean. "It could be a lot, or just a token amount of aid, and I don't know what kind of aid it will be. For all I know, it will be a bunch of infantry in standard megasuits, and not powered armor at all. I'm hoping that we will be getting some Glitter Boys, but until they get off the transports we just won't know."

"I'm just surprised to hear that Lord Brazamal is going to be joining in the fight himself! It will be quite the sight to see, watching a elder dragon go at it in a fight. And by the way, thanks for getting me the power crystals for Baby and Junior's swords. But you could have done without the 'I'm with Stupid' t-shirts! I admit, its kinda funny, but I mean really! Calling my kids stupid like that! Humph!" She grins to show that she's not really mad, just acting that way.

Slowly and silently, the flame devours the candle - bit by bit, half-inch by half-inch. The sole lightsource in the otherwise dark room, reflected in a single observer's eyes. Those eyes, they mirror more than just the flame; the glimmers are surrounded by thoughtfulness, as deep thougths are thought just a little further back. Old and new voices, memories, the possible paths ahead of the technowizard; they slowly untangle as Shaona watches. Slower, the more people gather in the mansion.

The noises outside the small chamber she chose; disruptive. A loud voice starts the turmoil, cutting through the silence, and likewise right through her thoughts. Then murmuring, whispering and laughter, as more join the first few arrivals, gathering to follow the dragon's call. And yet; the longer she waits, the longer she tries to make a decision despite them - the more those noises become another voice to be heard, an unintended call that makes all the difference. Not the world, or her past. Not mechanoids or the coalition. Just Brazamal, friend of Olar. The voice her mentor listened to, from time to time. The voice that made her cross the ocean to see Atlantean shores. It's in there, somewhere in the murmuring. He made a similar choice like hers, and it's his decision that calls her right now. Those gathered men and women, talking about unknown threats, honour and danger - they all trust his instinct to put himself at risk, to stand against the newly-emerging threat rather than the old, well-known foe. Perthaps, that should weigh more than old memories. Or should add to different memories, instead. A soundless movement of her lips, the flame dies in the following blow. Darkness follows, a bit of noise as the wooden chair is moved. He would have followed the dragon's call. Her hand finds the candle on the second try, half of it still remains; just like half of the future paths await, while the others fade away.

It's only a few steps towards the door, she blinks as the corridor's lights welcome her. From there, it's easy to move onwards. Still slightly sceptical at first, like an uninvited guest; as if not quite sure if she belongs there. But with every step, that uncertainty fades. Everyone she sees has made the same choice. All of them, gathered in one place, ready to fight side by side. The right way to tackle the mechanoids - the only way, perhaps. One chance to do it, most likely. She's fought them, you don't want a portal to open. There aren't enough slayers, controllers, bears and minotaurs in the world for that.

As Brazamal begins his speech, she's found a decent spot to listen; somewhere between a stuck-up mage and an all-too-eager veteran. The former will give his mental strength for the gateway, just like she will; the latter will stand in for the mage for a while, though not for her. Technology helps when your mind is tired; and there are a few out there who'll need her support, if they know it or not. For a small group, even an exhausted caster can make a difference; it's magic, after all.

At some point, Shaona will make sure to let the mechanoid parts she brought wander through the hands of those interested - give them a concrete glimpe at what they'll face. After that, there's little to do but prepare; for an unknown fiend is waiting.

Morning arrives, and Lord Brazamal's mansion is a beehive of activity. Everyone is being led to the back yard of the grounds, where there are six Earth Thunderer Automations standing in a neat row with three Fire Demon Automations and three Ice Drake Automations with four Battle Controller mages, alongside a large flatbed truck that has another kind of Automation lying down on it, covered in a tarp. Along with the Automations, there are five Cyber Knights from the local Chapterhouse, and seven mages of various schools of magic there, with a squad of sixteen soldiers with a pair of armored APCs armed to the teeth with laser rifles and heavy weapons.

Lord Brazamal is overlooking the preparations for the ritual spell that is about to be cast to open a Gateway Rift with a pleased expression on his face as Olsen directs the placement of the other mages as they prepare to lend their PPE to the spell. The elder dragon steps forward to make a few minor changes, then says, "Everyone, we are about to open a Rift, and will hopefully exit nearby the others that found the danger of the Mechanoids. Just in case we are off target, be prepared. I have a few tricks up my sleeve if there are any enemies right on top of us. Take your places. The portal will open for only one minute, but that should be more than enough time for all of us to get through. Any questions?"

Taking their places around the magic circle, Lord Brazamal and the seven mages begin to cast the Gateway spell. Shaona can tell that it is a powerful one, using a lot of mystic energy to open. The ritual spell takes a few minutes to complete, but when it is done, there is a sudden swirl of light in the center of the circle as the portal opens. First through are the Cyber Knights, followed by the line of Automations with their Controllers. Next are the two APCs, then at the end of it all, the mages and Lord Brazamal with Olsen at his side. You have now crossed hundreds of miles of intervening terrain in the blink of an eye.

On the other end of the Gateway, Terra, Gradicus, Dru, Eric and Bobo are relaxing, waiting for Hagan to contact them when instead you get a encrypted signal that Terra would recognize as one of the operational codes of the Dweomer military. Once you establish contact, you hear, "Well, howdy there, little lady! This is Coop, your friendly neighborhood comms guy looking for a homing signal to make a rendezvous with you. We have Lord Brazamal here with a bunch of troops looking for some action, we hear that you are the ones to be able to guide us to the fun!"

Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie Dannigan Dannigan sirlabe sirlabe Vaneheart Vaneheart

Terra gives everyone a big smile and a thumbs up as she responds. "Great to hear from you, Coop. This is Terra Alvana, and we will be transmitting a locator signal in one. Stand by." She looks over at Eric. "Hey, help has arrived! Send out a signal on this frequency band. It will guide the reinforcements right to us."

Switching back to Coop, she says, "Signal is coming on line now. If you reciprocate, we can make our way in your direction, too. I want to make sure we have all the back-up available before taking on these damn Mechanoids."

Coop's reply is quick and to the point. "Signal is coming in strong. You are not far from our current position; shouldn't be long before we can rendezvous with you. Sending out our own locator for you to track on. Lord Brazamal sends his regards, and hopes that he was able to pull together enough force to be able to lay the Mechanoid fortress low. We also have a little surprise for you, Ms. Alvana, a gift from Lord Brazamal that might just come in handy here soon."

Between the two groups heading in each other's directions, it does not take long before you can see the convoy up ahead of all the armored vehicles and Automations heading your way. Eric pulls up short in front of the forces from Dweomer and cuts the engine of the Badger. Climbing down from the lead APC you see Brazamal and he waves at the group.

"Greetings, my friends. It is good to see you again. I am sorry that I was not able to draw more forces away from the city, but tensions are running high with the Coalition, and every able bodied man and woman is being gathered for the expected fight. We are lucky to get what we did."

Terra advances with her 'kids', then slips down and offers up a deep bow to the dragon. "M'Lord Brazamal! It is a pleasure to see you, and my thanks for coming with as much firepower as you have got. Sir, allow me to introduce to you Sir Dru the Cyber Knight and Bobo the Bearman, both are companions of ours and have joined us in our efforts against the Mechanoids."

Also, there is a good chance that we may be getting some 'unofficial' aid from the city of New Haven. We went there to warn them, and despite the fact that they have decided to play a more defensive game, a captain of their guard decided to gather up a couple of squads of men for a 'training run' in the field. We cannot guarantee this, but from what it sounded like, we could have some Glitter Boys on our side, too."

The dragon offers up his hand to each of you in turn. "Greetings. It is a pleasure to meet you. From what I have heard from Gradicus, we will need every hand we can get in the upcoming battle, and while I'm disappointed that New Haven will not officially be joining the struggle, having any help from them will be useful. The power of the Glitter Boy cannot be overstated, and if there is going to be multiple suits, so much the better."

He then looks at Terra, then back at the tarp covered form being towed by the APC. "Ms. Alvana, speaking of multiple suits, I have something for you that I think you will appreciate. Your experience in the field has earned you the ability to add a new Automation to your arsenal. This time, though, it will not be another Earth Thunderer, but instead you now have a Battlelord to go with . . . Are your Automations actually wearing t-shirts that say 'I'm with Stupid'?"

Terra grins, kind of embarrassed. "Um, yeah. You can blame him." She points her thumb over her shoulder at Gradicus. "He got them for me as a joke, and I never really expected that you would be coming here yourself to see this." Then word starts to set in that she is to get a Battlelord Automation! "I'm getting a Battlelord? That. Is. Awesome! Thank you, sir! Thank you so much!"

She feels like doing back flips, but knows that a certain level of decorum is required right now.

"Are your Automations actually wearing t-shirts that say 'I'm with Stupid'?"

"Life without smiles and laughter..." Gradicus pulled the third of such T-shirts over Terra's new Battlelord, "....is no life at all! Take it from a Marciniszyn!"

Then with a mighty flex of his husky chest and biceps, he comedically placed himself between the three so that all of the arrows on the shirts pointed directly at him. With a big smile, Gradicus beamed. "Allow me to be the very first victim of these delightful T-shirts! Ha haaah!"

"See, Terra? This way, when your boys are beating on our opponents, the evil-doers are insulted as well as pummeled! Only a stupid person would fight with your boys!"

Last edited:
Sir Drutarak

The minotaur cyberknight was quite stunned and surprised by the sudden assembly of warriors. Wow. We might actually have a chance now. And Lord Brazamal himself no less! Through their own conjured Rift? Powerful magicks indeed. Drutarak had never met a dragon before, and was a bit stunned and speechless after receiving a simple handshake. His thoughts however, suddenly turned grim. What does one even say to a dragon? Thanks for coming, please don't eat me, roast me, or turn me into a newt? How does a dragon even relate to the metahumanity of Rifts Earth? They might as well be aliens themselves. Common enemy aside, I am still dubious of his motives in all this, just as I am dubious of Dweomer. I have heard little to no tales of draconic altruism. Only schemes drawn out across the span of time. Great games of power and intrigue. Of Gods and Dragons. He looked to the others, who all appeared to be happy to see the dragon. The patron of this group. I do not know how they can trust him so freely. Then again, I have not had any experience dealing with him. I had heard that dragons can't be trusted, and that one should not make deals with a dragon lightly. Maybe I am judging him unfairly?

He set his thoughts aside for the moment when he noted the cyberknights in Lord Brazamal's entourage. He walked over to them, offered a salute, and said "Greetings brethren. I am Sir Drutarak the Strong, a knight only two seasons from the citadel, yet my quests have taken me this far east. Have you been apprised of the situation, or should I brief you? I have fought these mechanical monstrosities in combat and I must say, they do hit hard and take quite a beating. They posses advanced technology, the likes of which I have not seen before. I worry that even with this grand assembly that we will still have a difficult fight on our hands." He pointed to Gradicus and said "My comrade in arms, Gradicus the Red Edge, over there took detailed photos and videos of the enemy in question...yes the one that...Is with stupid." He chuckled at the sight.

Lord Brazamal greets Sir Dru with a hearty handshake. "Well met, Sir Dru. It has been some time since I have had the opportunity to fight alongside any minotaurs. I look forward to seeing you in battle. With any luck, with this group of warriors, we will have a chance to stop this incursion before it is too late."

Of the group of Cyber Knights, Dru recognizes several of them from your time in training, especially the swordslady Melissa Dulaney. She is a blademaster of exceptional skill, a true living legend in the world of Cyber Knights. It is a good sign that she is on your team to be facing off agianst these mechanical monsters.

With the three 'I'm with Stupid' t-shirts on the Automations all pointing at Gradicus, it helps to lighten the mood just before going into a major battle. Now that the attention is back on the magic mecha, Lord Brazamal looks to Terra and says, "I will have to perform the bonding ceremony to link you to the Battlelord, but once that is done, you will be able to control all three at once. It will take several hours. Are you ready to take that next step, Terra Alvana?"

Terra nods with a wide smile. "Absolutely, M'lord Brazamal! I am ready! I look forward to it! Now, I just need to come up with a name for this one."

Gradicus pondered. What did one call a Battlelord Automaton? "Hmmm. With names like Baby and Junior... Do you want something mischievous like... 'Brat'?"

Terra lets out a laugh. "The only 'brat' here is you, my friend! I will have to get the 'feel' of this Automation before giving it a name. I have never gotten to pilot a Battlelord before, and I am looking forward to this!"

Gradicus laughed a sound of honest joy. Terra had gotten him good! "From now onward, I think I shall stay with adventuring over baby-naming!"

Earlier, in Dweomer….

Daisy is currently sitting in her small apartment in the magic city, doing whatever it is that you do when you are not working with your famed Glitter Boy suit, either fixing it up, or wearing it and blowing stuff up, when there is a knock at the door. It is mid-morning, and at this point, you are not expecting any visitors, but there is someone out there, gently rapping on your chamber door.

When you open the door, you see a very unexpected visitor: Lord Brazamal himself! He gives you a pleasant smile as you look up at his tall frame. "Good morning, Daisy. May I come in?"

When you first met Lord Brazamal, you were on the run from the Coalition, engaged in a running firefight, trying to get away from multiple mecha and soldiers. You were running low on ammo and starting to think that things weren't going to end up going so well for you when a very large flaming dragon suddenly crashes into one of the mecha from behind, toppling it over, and causing quite a large distraction as all guns suddenly turned on it. At this point, you had two choices; run, or continue to fight. You almost ran, but then you remembered that these were the same assholes that killed your mate, and seemingly on its own, the Boom Gun was in your hand once more.

As the fight comes to an end, the dragon gives a shake, and it shrinks down to take a on a human form to walk over to you. "I hope I didn't overstep, but you looked like you needed some help. I must confess, I got a bit overconfident, and I'm glad you stuck around to help me out in that scrap." He offers up his hand to you, "I'm Brazamal."

D. Rex D. Rex

Past
Such a crazy thing for it to be a dragon that turned the tides. But such a chance it would be right now to run in the chaos. But it was running that got her hemmed up in this chase to begin within. And this was her chance to strike back, to finally end the chase. They were the ones who killed Ace and ruined her life, and they would fall just like the ones who came before them. Maybe it would stop the hunt for her, but mostly likely it would be just end up making her feel good by seeing them die. Both would be a win in her book.

Daisy would take the distraction for all that it was worth, as one of the mecha turned its sights on the dragon she sighted the rail gun to fire at its cockpit. And she sent the slug straight into its pilots heart...

...Even as the last soldier fell, Daisy maintained a firm grip on the rail gun. Its barrel was a bright red from overuse, the armor of the suit cratered and blackened, and the feed belt dangled loosely from the gun itself. Not but fourteen rounds left. Enough to take on the dragon should it turn on her? Hard to say...

But it seemed that was something she did not have to worry about as the dragon seemed to have approached her in peace. She regarded the dragon for a few moments. If it had wanted her too, it would have done so already. And who was she to turn down a kind gesture when it was because of him that she was alive.

She returned the gun to her back, but rather than take the hand that was offered, she instead took the pose and opened the power armor. There was a hiss and damaged whir as the suit split open, and the tired dog boy climbed out, her fur matted from sweat and the extended time inside.

Before saying anything, she took his hand with both of hers to shake it, "Thank you. You didn't overstep, you saved my life. I could not have done any of that without you." She said. "I'm Daisy, and I really owe you for that."

____
(Present) Earlier in Dweomer...
Getting up from her chores, she went to answer the door. Her eyes lit with both surprise and delight to see who it was. "Lord Brazamal! Yes please! Do come in!" She said, immediately trying to smooth out the wrinkles of her sun dress.

Inside her apartment, was both surprisingly clean and quaint. Looking much like the home of a peaceful housewife than a gung-ho mercenary. The only tell being a big one. An ammo case of loose specialty rail gun rounds, and a massive belt sprawled out across the living room with an opened ammo canister sitting in the coffee table. She had been loading the belt by hand, and replacing links as necessary. She was reading a new spare ammo drum for the Glitter Boy.

She rushed over to turn the radio off, "Please, make yourself at home! Can I get you anything? A drink, or a slice of cake, perhaps?" She offered. "Oh, if only you had let me known you were coming, I would have prepared something nice! But I apologize, what brings you here?"

Sherwood Sherwood

She returned the gun to her back, but rather than take the hand that was offered, she instead took the pose and opened the power armor. There was a hiss and damaged whir as the suit split open, and the tired dog boy climbed out, her fur matted from sweat and the extended time inside.

Before saying anything, she took his hand with both of hers to shake it, "Thank you. You didn't overstep, you saved my life. I could not have done any of that without you." She said. "I'm Daisy, and I really owe you for that."
Brazamal raises an eyebrow at the sight of the hot and sweaty wolf girl in front of him, but takes your hand without any sign of distaste. "You handle that Glitter Boy suit like a natural. I've only seen moves like that a few times before, in very experienced pilots that have many years of time under their belts in the armor." He looks at the damaged suit with a critical eye, then looks back at you. "Your suit has seen better days. I can help out with getting it fixed up, and keep you supplied with ammo for that big gun of yours. You see, I am looking to put together a team of people that I can rely upon to do special jobs for me, work that I can only count on the very best to accomplish."

"I can help provide you with funds to keep your armor repaired and rearmed, if you agree to come with me to Dweomer and join my special ops team. I'll put you on salary starting right now. All we have to do is get you back to a safe place to get picked up for a quick transit back to my workshop. That is, if you agree to my job offer."

Later on, in Daisy's apartment

Brazamal gives Daisy a nod and steps in, being careful to not step on any of the Boom Gun ammo on the floor. He glances around, admiring your décor. "I don't believe that I have ever been over to your place before. Nice." He accepts the offer of a drink, and takes a seat at the table and motions for you to join him. "I have a job for you, if you are up for it. A group of my other operatives have come across a serious threat out there, a threat big enough that it has me pulling strings here to get troops assembled despite the growing threat of war with the Coalition. The seers have been calling it The Swarm, and it has the potential to threaten all humanoid life on the planet, and I am going to put my tail on the line to do something about it."

"We won't be alone out there, but this threat sounds pretty big. Even with the Battle Mages and soldiers I can get, I fully expect a fierce battle on our hands. I don't expect you to work for free; I'll up your current salary by giving you a bonus of 20 million, plus the cost of repairs and ammo. Can I count on you, your axe, and your armor?"

Rykon Rykon

Zephiron's earliest memories are of crawling out of your shell and finding yourself facing a kindly man named Olsen, a Ley Line Walker that is the willing servant to another, much older dragon named Brazamal. Olsen and Brazamal offers you a place to stay as you start to stretch your wings, and with Brazamal's nod of approval, Olsen begins to teach you the basics of magic to help protect you in the harsh world outside of the manor house that you live.

It takes a bit for you to understand that Brazamal is not going to feel threatened by your presence, and has always treated you as a welcome guest in his home.

Then, there comes a day that a guest comes to the manor house that delivers disturbing news to Brazamal and Olsen. A dire threat has been discovered by a group of agents that work for the old dragon, out on the eastern seaboard, and they have sent the messenger to the manor house asking for help. This spurs Brazamal into action, and he orders Olsen to begin gathering up allies that owe him favors to come to the manor in the morning to join the two of them in a emergency trip out to join in the fight against this new threat.

Over the next several hours, men and women begin to show up at the manor, answering the call. Most are mages; not a real surprise considering that Dweomer is in the heart of the Magic Zone. But there are several Cyber Knights there, too, all ready to go to war at the word of Lord Brazamal.

Finally, the old dragon approaches Zephiron, carrying a large object wrapped in a long tarp. "Hello, my young friend. You must be curious about all the activity that is going on around here. I am preparing to leave in the morning, to go out on a dangerous journey, and I would like to ask of you to join us on this trip. Before we go, however, I would like to give you a gift. Here." He offers you the cloth-wrapped object. "I think you would do well to accept this."

Unwrapping the object, you see a beautiful halberd style rune weapon, intricately carved over its entire surface. It is a truly a wonderous weapon, perfectly balanced and sharp enough to cut through steel.

Zephiron briefly eyes the relic with suspicion. Either this Dragon was plotting something or he was having his might insulted. A prince among Dragon-kind would not normally endure such an indignity. Even in his lack of understanding, it was one of two profound compulsions that burned in the heart of his soul. It, however, died to a smoldering sizzle in the wake of the other side of his nature.

"Yay, shinies!" The small mystical reptile squealed with glee, snatching the halberd into his own metamorphed mitts. He fought the impulse to teethe upon it with every last ounce of willpower he could muster. It looked like such a fine pick to excise the refuse of his prey.

Before he could quell his bubbly satisfaction, he blurted his curiosity aloud. Clearly he was too distracted to concern his regal self with the dragonic nature of his host. "Who do I get to play with this time?"

Last edited:
Zephiron briefly eyes the relic with suspicion. Either this Dragon was plotting something or he was having his might insulted. A prince among Dragon-kind would not normally endure such an indignity. Even in his lack of understanding, it was one of two profound compulsions that burned in the heart of his soul. It, however, died to a smoldering sizzle in the wake of the other side of his nature.

"Yay, shinies!" The small mystical reptile squealed with glee, snatching the halberd into his own metamorphed mitts. He fought the impulse to teethe upon it with every last ounce of willpower he could muster. It looked like such a fine pick to excise the refuse of his prey.

Before he could quell his bubbly satisfaction, he blurted his curiosity aloud. Clearly he was too distracted to concern his regal self with the dragonic nature of his host. "Who do I get to play with this time?"
Brazamal laughs. "Well, from what I have learned, they are called the Mechanoids, and they will do everything that they can to kill us all if we don't stop them first. I have this team getting ready to leave in the morning, and I plan on leading them myself to find these Mechanoids and keeping them from hurting us or anything else that we hold dear. You may be young, but you are a dragon, and as such, I would love to have you at my side when we make the gate to go to do battle. Will you come with me?"

Of course lord Brazamal would ask for the assistance of Zephiron, prince of all dragons, breaker of Buicks (whatever those are), and mighty warrior without peer. A low rumbling hum resonated in his throat. Clearly his host has to begun to understand Zephiron's place in the world.

"Very well. I will fight this battle for you, if only so I don't owe you for this... toothpick? It is quite pretty looking after all. What else can you tell me of this foe? Do they have a soft under belly? Do they taste good with hot sauce? Do they have anything worth adding to my hoard? Ooh! What other friends are we fighting with!? Tell me about them!" Zephiron demanded, slowly looking as if he was going to succumb to temptation and chew upon his prize to vent his excess energy.

With the two newest members of Lord Brazamal's special team assembled and ready to go, Daisy and Zeph are at the mansion when the ritual is cast to open the portal to join with the rest of the party. Zeph can tell that this is a very potent spell, requiring multiple magic users to put in their precious PPE in order to be able to fuel it.

Along with the hatchling dragon and the famous Glitter Boy powered armor suit, there are six Earth Thunderer Automations standing in a neat row with three Fire Demon Automations and three Ice Drake Automations with four Battle Controller mages, alongside a large flatbed truck that has another kind of Automation lying down on it, covered in a tarp. Along with the Automations, there are five Cyber Knights from the local Chapterhouse, and seven mages of various schools of magic there, with a squad of sixteen soldiers with a pair of armored APCs armed to the teeth with laser rifles and heavy weapons.

After the gateway is opened, everyone makes their way through the portal and you find yourselves hundreds of miles away from Dweomer in mere moments.

With the now weakened mages that helped to cast the gateway Rift spell now safely inside the APCs, everyone sets out following a homing signal being put out by the other members of Brazamal's special squad that you are going to rendezvous with.

Once you have met up with these others, Daisy and Zephiron get their first look at the team that has discovered this Swarm to bring all of you out to do battle together. There is another Battle Controller Mage that just happens to be a True Atlantean with a pair of Earth Thunderer Automations, a Minotaur Cyber Knight, a human Techno Wizard, and another True Atlantean, but this one is an Undead Slayer!

OOC Using my incredible powers, we now have the GB suit and a Dragon Hatchling with the reinforcements. Feel free to interact with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back