• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Each case has roughly ten million in gemstones. That, along with the other goods you were able to recover from the pyramid, should be plenty to get you a few new toys. If you wish, I can help introduce you to some reputable vendors that will treat you well."

Snowfall drools at the huge cache of gems from Dweomer and looks up to everyone excitedly, especially their host. Taking a drink from his milkshake and grinning at the minty taste of it, he asks his host, "Lord Brazamal, if you were to outfit a team like us to to go to Lone Star, what would you recommend we try to acquire and who would you recommend we trade with to get it?"

Snowfall hops up from his seat and paces, his seven tails swishing. "There are a number of goodies I can imagine we could use. Like the ability to hide ourselves from the Dog Boys and Psi-Stalkers! I must say, if anyone is going to detect a group like ours, they would be the most likely.

"If you are in the mood for tale-telling, would you be able to tell me more about Fragarach here? I mean, it belongs to Mannanan Mac Lir - shouldn't there be some effort made to return it to him or is he one of those deities that put his sword out there for others to use? Sure wouldn't be the first time such things happened!"

Snowfall drools at the huge cache of gems from Dweomer and looks up to everyone excitedly, especially their host. Taking a drink from his milkshake and grinning at the minty taste of it, he asks his host, "Lord Brazamal, if you were to outfit a team like us to to go to Lone Star, what would you recommend we try to acquire and who would you recommend we trade with to get it?"

Snowfall hops up from his seat and paces, his seven tails swishing. "There are a number of goodies I can imagine we could use. Like the ability to hide ourselves from the Dog Boys and Psi-Stalkers! I must say, if anyone is going to detect a group like ours, they would be the most likely.

"If you are in the mood for tale-telling, would you be able to tell me more about Fragarach here? I mean, it belongs to Mannanan Mac Lir - shouldn't there be some effort made to return it to him or is he one of those deities that put his sword out there for others to use? Sure wouldn't be the first time such things happened!"
The old dragon reaches his hand out once more, and a different book comes floating over to him. "I don't have much information of the Tuatha de Dannan gods, but there are a few things here." He opens the book and does a bit of quick reading before saying, "Hmmm. Fragarach. Fragarach. Here we go. Interesting. It has a power that it can be used to force a person to speak the truth when placed against the neck of the person in question. Other than that, the sword is a rune blade, and therefore is nearly indestructible, save by powerful divine magic. It may have more powers, but they are not listed here in this text."

He leans back in the seat, puffing on his pipe. "As for returning it to Mannanan Mac Lir, that could be accomplished, but it will not be an easy thing to do. There are many different places that he could be, and it would be quite a hard search to find him if he is not wanting to be located."

At this time, one of the servants comes in and says, "Good sirs and ladies, dinner is ready."

Brazamal stands, and motions for all of you to follow suit. "Let us see what delicious entre my chef has prepared, and we can talk about spending your bonus to get you ready to infiltrate the Lone Star complex." He then leads everyone out to a large dining room with a place set for each of you. The meal is outstanding, with something that appeals to all your different tastes. As you eat, Brazamal says, "I know a dealer of unique and wondrous items that is here in the city, a fellow named Moloch. I would suggest that he be your first stop in your journey to find some new gear. He is an honest merchant, which makes him a rare cut above the rest."

The dragon then turns his attention to Terra. "There is one thing that I suggest you might wish to get. From what Daisy has told me, the tunnels underneath the walls are rather small, so your Automations will most likely not be able to fit. I can, if you are interested, get you an Infiltrator Automation. The upside to it is that the Infiltrator is able to be controlled from much farther away than your other Automations, and it is roughly human sized so it can fit into places where your Earth Thunderers or your Battlelord cannot. Also, it has the ability to phase through walls and doors, making it an ideal tool to use to get into places where you may not be welcome."

"The downside is that it will cost you eight million of your credits to be able to convince the Magic Lords to give you one. Now, I understand that this is a sizable investment, but I feel that it can make this sneak and peek possible."
[OOC Psychie Psychie Its written up in the Federation of Magic book, pg 109.]

Brazamal then goes into some more detail on just what it is inside the Texas base that is giving everyone so much concern. "We don't have all the details, but what we do know through our sources is that this is called the 'Omega Project', and it is a weapon of some sort that is to be targeted specifically against any and all beings of magic. Some of my fellow city leaders believe that this Omega Project is referring to some mechanical style weapon, but I am not so sure. The facilities of Desmond Bradford in Lone Star are well known to be top of the line genetic labs that are the source of the well known Dog Boys, along with other feats of bioengineering that make me feel that this Omega Project is some sort of bioweapon. Otherwise, why wouldn't this secret project be worked on in Chi Town where the Emperor can keep it under his personal control? I could be wrong, but it is just a hunch that you need to be looking for some living thing, not a device."

The dragon then turns his attention to Terra. "There is one thing that I suggest you might wish to get. From what Daisy has told me, the tunnels underneath the walls are rather small, so your Automations will most likely not be able to fit. I can, if you are interested, get you an Infiltrator Automation. The upside to it is that the Infiltrator is able to be controlled from much farther away than your other Automations, and it is roughly human sized so it can fit into places where your Earth Thunderers or your Battlelord cannot. Also, it has the ability to phase through walls and doors, making it an ideal tool to use to get into places where you may not be welcome."

"The downside is that it will cost you eight million of your credits to be able to convince the Magic Lords to give you one. Now, I understand that this is a sizable investment, but I feel that it can make this sneak and peek possible."
Terra is greatly enjoying the entire evening, relaxing with the knowledge that in this place, they are in a safe haven as opposed to the wilds of the jungle or the badlands of the Magic Zone. It is a rare thing to be able to put her guard down, but an opportunity to be relished.

Then, Brazamal goes into the offer of getting her a new Automation. Terra leans forward a bit in her seat, listening intently to what the dragon has to say. When he quotes the price tag, she lets out a low whistle. "Yikes. That's pretty steep. Hmmm. But I agree that having such a tool at our disposal would be invaluable. I will go ahead and take the deal."

"Now, this Moloch you mentioned. What kind of goods does he have? I have other funds that I have picked up over the course of our adventures, and I'm interested in a few things."

Brazamal says, "He deals with all kinds of goods; magic, technology, guns, you name it. If he doesn't have what you are looking for, he would know who to to go to get it. Or sell it, if you are looking to move some acquired equipment."

As the remains of dinner is cleared away, Brazamal casts a quick messenger spell to inform someone that Terra has agreed to take the Infiltrator Automation, and to have the construct ready for the ritual to bind it to her. He looks to the Atlantian and says, "Well, that is done. The Infiltrator will be delivered here within the hour, and I can then perform the linking ritual for you. Now, what of the rest of you? Are you going to take the opportunity to meet with Moloch? I can arrange a private showing of his wares for you."

Snowfall rubs his paws together and makes yips excitedly. "Yes, please! Sounds like just the kind of guy we should all make an acquaintance with!"

"I..." Zephiron hesitated. "I'm not really sure what I think about picking through another's hoard and trading treasures. Just doesn't sound as fun or glorious that way... If you must though, I don't suppose I could stop you." He sighed shoulders drooping to accentuate the childish humanoid form he wore for most conversation. He dug his hands into the glamoured pockets of his shape and turned them inside out. "As you can see I tend to let others attend to such tasks... And can you really blame me? Do you have any idea how silly my real form would look carrying a wallet? So undignified..."

"Could take a look, at the very least - give it a shot, see what there is to see. Guess most things are better than keeping coins and gems, no point to haul them to a place where no one cares... always did quite well with only the essentials, and money has rarely purged evil directly. Has help spread it, mostly, now that I think about it... best to get rid of it while we can." Eron eyes Zephiron for a moment. "Maybe you, especially. Sitting on a hoard of treasures - it invites the mind to care about little else. I think." He briefly turns to Snowfall for confirmation; then stops mid-thought. "Got two great swords; and a greatsword, sometimes. A good armor, too, so... should need little. But if there are neat little things, or ways to improve - that'd do more good than keeping the money for later. That's how most poorly-equipped heroes end up dying, I heard..."

"Well, if we are sneaking into a Coalition base, I think we should up our sneaking game is all! They have Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys after all and you've heard about those Dog Boys by now, I'm sure..." The Kitsune trails off as he remembers Daisy is part of their band. "Yeah, let's be ready for... uh... Coalition stuff... uh... anyone have a good idea of what we're getting ourselves into here? I mean, in detail? Like, what should we plan for?"

Zephiron seemed a bit confused about what to make of Eron's insinuations, "I mean... you treat them like a side of beef or a sack of coin and suddenly they are so treasured anymore. However, earn one for defeating a foul beast, or grant a boon to one's loyal champion and all the sudden it's both a vessel of power AND! a symbol of glory, honor, and victory! Why ruin all that meaning for shiny bed stuffing?"

The young dragon turned to Snowfall contributing a shrug of agreement. "Specifics? Not really, but we've dealt with stalking pop rocks, angry lights, and wagon turtles before. It's not like they, earned their ten-piece order of mecha-nuggets now did they? That's just my take though. How bad can it really be?"

"That's just it, Zeph!" the mystic wrings his paws. "I have never faced the Coalition States on so large a stage before." Snowfall cringes. "They... they might have whole teams of SAMAS units with weirdo maniacal pilots led by crazy D-Bee-hating cyborgs or something! I just don't know!"

"Plus, the Coalition are geared to face us - what they call Dimensional Beings or D-Bees. They've been killing people like us just for being us for a long time! So the better we prep, the better armed we are. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, aye?"

The child blinked in shock. "...They let cyborgs lead around sandwiches? How do they get them to obey? Oh! Is it the lunchmeat that does it?'

Snowfall fidgets. "That's another thing I don't know! For all I know, they'll take one look at you, Zeph, and try to mount your head on one of their vehicles or something as proof of your destruction! I don't know about you, but I'd like to keep my head where it is, thank you! I am hoping this trader will have access to the means to hide our supernatural... ness!""

Terra grins at her fellows and says, "We are not going to be taking on the whole of the Lone Star complex by ourselves; this is a sneak and peek, not a full-on frontal assault. We get in as quiet as a bunch of mice, find this Omega Project, blow it all to hell, then get the fuck out of there before the skull-heads have a chance to react. I am thinking that something to be able to get us inside as quiet as possible is what we need. My new Automation will come in handy to be able to slip past barriers and get us in, but it is not as combat oriented as my other three. Too bad that they will have to be left behind, but we can probably move a bit faster in the Badger without having them tagging along."

Snowfall had his say and is at peace with it. Lone Star was no outpost but the biggest, most well-known Coalition stronghold in the former state of Texas. He had serious doubts that such a place would allow for them to do as Terra had described with the cards they currently held. Silently, he agrees with Terra that they need something - an edge - for a party like theirs get into a place like Lone Star. If there was one thing Snowfall was convinced of, it was that the Coalition States mostly had their act together.

The age-old celestial messenger had been across the Megaverse and seen many things that he could not conquer, so instead he had avoided. Being that he was a prey Spirit - a Japanese spirit-fox - survival and duty came first. Caution was in his very nature as it was for nearly all Kitsune. Snowfall hopes this trader of Lord Brazamal's has the edge they appear to need.

Snowfall pats his Fraggle Rock sword and rubs his paws together. "I am ready to wheel and deal with this trader when you are!"

With that decided, the elder dragon offers up a room for you all to stay the night, and to give him time to arrange the private showing of the fine wares that Moloch has available. It will also give him time to perform the binding ritual for Terra's new Automation, and get the entirety of your payment ready for you to spend in a wild shopping spree.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to do prior to meeting the trader, or should we go ahead and move on to the next day?

Snowfall performs his Tai Chi, his prayers to Inari the celebrated Japanese spirit of foxes and so much more, and tucks himself into whatever bed Lord Brazamal provides. The celestial messenger become Tattooed Voyager is ready for whatever may come.

There's one more thing that needs to be done, now that there's time, and a short moment of peace. There were others who followed Eron on the hunt for Salnesh, good people who weren't as lucky as he was. This evening, he finally writes down their names - he still remembers, because that's what allies and friends should do - and adds a message that the deed is done, but that none of his 'cat-killers', as he called them, will ever return - unless necromancy is involved. He notes a name on the envelope - that old instructor down in the south where they turn usual men into heroic crazies. That man lived through everything, so he should still be around to spread the word...

And then Eron stops. How to get it, there? There's ways, of course, but there's also the best way, and one's more likely to know how to get it done - who'd know better how to deliver a message than the kitsune, right? Right. It's practically in the job description... now? Maybe not. Feels like a rare moment of memories, not words; Eron places the envelope on the nightstand, for later. Remembers the old faces, and new ones around him. And wonders, for minutes.

Wonders restlessly how many will return this time; hard to say, when even the Sir didn't make it back to his order in one piece, back then. It's pointless thinking, though - he has his armor, and swords, and maybe a few new toys tomorrow as well. What comes after that - who knows. It'd be a burden to know. He'll do his slicing, thrusting and throwing and hope it's enough - and hopefully, the next sheet of letter paper will remain empty for a long, long time...

One hand grabs the pouch, source of his strength; a lucky find, that, but maybe deserved, by now. Where others speak prayers before going to sleep, he simply presses the rough leather against his chest, then takes a deep breath. It still smells like the ocean, at least a little. He, Salnesh, seemed to hate the water, back then; now, he hates nothing anymore. Fitting that his end came through a flooded passage, now that he thinks about it... fitting, at the very least, that his reign has come to an end at all. Makes it easy to fall asleep. He curls up around the inconspicuous treasure, shielding it from the outside world with his body; and then welcomes his body's call for rest.

Last edited:
Terra is quite content to relax in the plush surroundings of Lord Brazamal's home, waiting for the bonding ritual with her new Automation. It will be very unusual not to have her other three 'kids' with her, but they wouldn't be able to get into the facility without being discovered. Then, once that is all done, Terra will be happy to see what Moloch has in store for them.

With everyone settling down, the evening draws to a close and morning comes with the promise of a new day. By now, Brazamal and Terra have completed the ritual to bind the new Automation to her. It is a human sized model, designed to be able to slip into places where a person cannot go. Rumor has it that the Infiltrator Automations have even walked the halls of Chi Town, but this is probably just idle talk. Probably.

The meeting with Moloch is set for nine a.m., giving everyone time to wake up and get themselves presentable before going to see the arms dealer. Brazamal is sending Olsen along as your guide to Moloch's place so he can make introductions. The elder dragon gives everyone a bit of warning that Moloch is, in Brazamal's words, an odd duck, so be prepared.

As you rise and head out the front doors, you find Olsen sitting on top of a large Techno-Wizard aircraft waiting for you. It is a manta winged aircraft with enough room for everyone to be able to soar your way over to Moloch's warehouse. Once everyone is onboard, the wizard places his hands on the controls and the airship rises up and silently soars over the landscape below.

Setting down, you find yourselves in front of a rather unremarkable building with no windows, one that looks much too small to fit any kind of arms warehouse. Olsen reassures you that this is the right place with a knowing smile. He heads up to a plain door and presses what appears to be an intercom button. After a moment's wait, a gravelly voice says over the intercom, "Sorry, we are closed today. Come back tomorrow!"

"This is Olsen, and we are here for our private tour. Can we please come in?"

"Oh. Yes. That is different. Give me a second."

With a series of deep clunks, the door finally opens up, and you are able to see that the 'unremarkable' door is actually heavily armored and reinforced, capable of withstanding quite pounding and stand strong. Just inside, there is a short and rather stout dwarven woman wearing a business suit. She gives a welcoming smile as she walks up. "Greetings. I am Emma, an associate of Mr. Moloch. He wishes to let you know that he will be joining us in a moment. In the meantime, come in."

Looking around, you see that you are in what looks like a plush waiting room, with a tray of cookies sitting on a table, complete with several glasses of cold milk.

Terra offers up an amused smile at the sight of the cookies and milk offered up to them on the table. "Well, Brazamal did say that Moloch was a very unique individual, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the snacks proffered up. So! Lets sit, relax, and enjoy." She takes her own suggestion and takes a seat and reaches for the cookies.

"Emma," Snowfall asks as he notices Terra's hand moving toward the delectables. "I am called Snowfall the Celestial Messenger. I think these refreshments look and smell marvelous. May we have some, please?"

Emma nods and gives Snowfall a smile. "Yes, of course. You are all welcome to enjoy the snacks. I cannot help but say that I make a very good batch of chocolate chip cookies, and one does need a glass of milk to properly dunk your baked treats into. As I said, Mr. Moloch will be along shortly, but if you have any questions, I am authorized by Mr. Moloch to answer them to the best of my ability. Is there anything I can answer for you right now?"

As she waits for the expected questions to come along, the dwarf woman (and no, she does not have a thick beard) sits down in a empty spot, sitting daintily in her business dress.

There's only so much to be said - and asked - at this point; and Eron's happy to leave it to the others, at first. Not counting introductions, of course. "Eron's the name. Honor to meet you, and all that." Then he pokes on of the seats, testing its softness - before deciding that he probably ought to take a seat in any case. Thus, he sits down cross-legged, swiftly grabbing both a glass and cookie and - that's it for a moment. It's not like he's not moving at all - but his focus is not on devouring the treat. Instead, his fingers dance over the cookie's surface, following every bump and little crack as if there were entire worlds to be discovered on its surface. It's been a while since he had time; ever since Salnesh died, it's more often the case. Time to marvel at the small wonders of his enhanced existence, the little things one barely notices when the world's at war, and evil, and all that. Here, it isn't, for a moment - in the place of an arms dealer, funnily enough. And so there's a moment to enjoy senses far more enhanced than they were when he was still - what's the right word? Who knows, really. It doesn't really compare with what he is now, right? Crazy. Quick. And all that.

His attention goes back to the cookie. "These are good. They smell good. They feel like they're self-made, not like these smooth, and flat, and tasteless imposters. So - question. Are there more of these? The place where we're going; it'll be awful, no doubt. Or we wouldn't be here, preparing and all. Having a handful of these, when morale is low, and there's nothing but poisoned water and canned food around us; it'd be good. Doubt we'd be able to bring milk along, but maybe that's alright. Sometimes the gesture's all that counts, they say, or something like that."

He seems to ponder that thought a while longer while he dips the treat into the milk. As he takes a bit, slowly chews, and finally gulps.

"Apart from the cookies - there are things we need, but maybe it'd be best to get to that once we're all here." Eron seems to eye the table as if Mr. Moloch might crawl out from underneath it at any moment. "So maybe let me ask this other thing. Imagine you were to sneak into Hell, and back, in the best armor you can get and with two swords as sharp as these." He points out his blades. "What's the one thing in Mr. Moloch's collection that you'd want to bring along at any cost, Lady Emma - and what's the prize."

His attention goes back to the cookie. "These are good. They smell good. They feel like they're self-made, not like these smooth, and flat, and tasteless imposters. So - question. Are there more of these? The place where we're going; it'll be awful, no doubt. Or we wouldn't be here, preparing and all. Having a handful of these, when morale is low, and there's nothing but poisoned water and canned food around us; it'd be good. Doubt we'd be able to bring milk along, but maybe that's alright. Sometimes the gesture's all that counts, they say, or something like that."
Emma blinks a couple of times as the request sinks in, then she says, "Oh, my. I have never had someone ask for a batch of my cookies to take with them on an adventure before! Thank you for that complement. Um, to answer you, yes, there are a few more baked up, but depending on how many you would like, I may need to bake some and get the cookies properly packaged up for the trip."
"Apart from the cookies - there are things we need, but maybe it'd be best to get to that once we're all here." Eron seems to eye the table as if Mr. Moloch might crawl out from underneath it at any moment. "So maybe let me ask this other thing. Imagine you were to sneak into Hell, and back, in the best armor you can get and with two swords as sharp as these." He points out his blades. "What's the one thing in Mr. Moloch's collection that you'd want to bring along at any cost, Lady Emma - and what's the prize."
Emma's expression changes a bit, looking more thoughtful. "That sounds . . . quite like the kind of trip that I would do well to avoid at all costs. While I do have a limited amount of skill in using a weapon, the most dangerous thing that I have to worry about as Mr. Moloch's secretary is getting a papercut." She thinks for a moment, then says, "But if I were forced to go on some journey into the unknown, I would take one of our Everfull Flasks so I would never run out of water. People often forget just how important it is to have enough, and I wouldn't wish to do without."

A voice from behind one of the doors calls out, "Em, if you do send a handful of your wonderful cookies along, don't charge too much for them. They are Lord Brazamal's people, and I owe that scaly old man a few favors." The door opens up to reveal something quite unusual. A bluish-white orb that is the size of a soccer ball floats just over five and a half feet above the ground. It is completely featureless, and has a very faint glow coming from somewhere inside it. Assuming that the orb is a humanoid's head, there are clothes draped over . . . something . . . below it, made of fine leathers and a luxurious purple robe. A long wooden pipe floats out where a hand should be if there was one to hold it. Down at the ground are a pair of boots, also with no visible means of attachment to the figure.

As you all look, the orb and the fancy clothes step into the room, and you all get the feeling that you are being looked at, but just how remains a mystery. Emma stands, and walks over to be next to the orb. She says to the group, "Everyone, if you please, this is Mr. Moloch."

OOC For those with Demon and Monster Lore, you may give me a roll to try and identify this strange figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back