• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure Characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
When rolling up stats, use the following rules:
If your base Attribute is a 3d6 (normal for humans), roll 4d6, rerolling 1's. With a 16, 17, or 18, add another 1d6 to your roll. IF that last die is another '6', roll another d6. This can give you a potential of a 30 on an attribute.

For non-humans (such as an Anti-Monster or Atlantian) that has a number like '19 + 1d6', roll the dice indicated, but reroll 1's and 2's.

Here is the Master Skill List for those without books. Some of these skills are not applicable, and all choices are to be approved by me.
http://home.wtal.de/marcorubert/SkilList.pdf

Finally, everyone can get one rolled number at max. That can be an Attribute, ISP, PPE, MDC or whatever your character has that is determined by roll of the die. Let me know what your choice is.

If you select one of the advanced Martial Art styles, make the following change to them:

There are the following additions/changes to the systems.
1. At character creation, should a system provide the bonus "Add x to CHI," the character instead adds 1 point of M.A. per 5 points of Chi.
2. When leveling, instead of receiving "One Additional Martial Art Power" or "Zenjoriki Power," etc., the character adds +1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, and +1 to damage each time they receive that bonus.
3. When leveling, instead of receiving "Double Existing Chi," the character adds +1 to Parry, +1 to Dodge, and +1 to Roll with Impact.

Taking a page from Pathfinder, I am going to allow you to raise one attribute point every THREE levels you go up. This increase can be on any of your attributes.

Ok everyone! After thinking about it for a bit, I'm going to institute the Bonus Point system that has been discussed in earlier posts. As you level up, you get Bonus Points equal to 5 + 1/2 you current level, rounded up. These points do not roll over from level to level, so make sure you use them wisely. This Bonus Point can be used for any attack, defense or skill roll you want. What does a Bonus Point give you, you ask?

In the case of a d20 roll, you add an additional D6 to the result. In the event of a natural 1-4, it still is an automatic miss, so in that case, the BP is wasted.

For a percentile (d100) roll, you add a d6 to your roll, but each point you get is 5%, giving you a potential +30% to your roll.

When you use an BP, you must declare it before the base roll that it is being added to is rolled.

Last edited:
ATTRIBUTE BONUS CHART
Attribute Number
: 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30
I.Q. add to all skills . This is a one time bonus +2% / +3% /+4% + 5% / +6% / +7% / +8% / +9% / +10% / +11% / +12% / +13% / +14% / +15% / +16%
I.Q. bonus to Perception +1 / +1 / +2 / +2 / +3 / +3 / +4 / +4 /+5 / +5 / +6 / +6 /+7 / +7 / +8
M.E. save v s . psionic attack +1 / +1 / +2 / +2 / +3 / +3 / +4 / +4 /+5 / +5 / +6 / +6 /+7 / +7 / +8
M.E. save v s . insanity +1 / +1 / + 2 / +2 / +3 / +4 / +5 / +6 / +7 / +8 /+9 / +10 / +11 / +12 / +13
M.A. trust/intimidate 40% / 45% / 50% / 55% / 60% / 65% / 70% / 75% / 80% / 84% / 88% / 92% / 94% / 96% /97%
P.S. Hand to Hand combat damage +1 / +2 / +3 / +4 / +5 / +6 / +7 / +8 / +9 / +10 / +11 / +12 / +13 / +14 / +15
P.P. Strike, Parry and Dodge bonus +1 / +1 / +2 / +2 / +3 / +3 /+4 / +4 / +5 / +5 / +6 / +6 / +7 / +7 / +8
P.E. save v s . coma/death +4% / +5% / +6% / +8% / +10% / +12% / +14% / +16% / +18% / +20% / +22% / +24% / +26% / +28% / +30%
P.E. save vs. magic/poison +1 / +1 / +2 / +2 / +3 / +3 / +4 / +4 / +5 / +5 / +6 / +6 / +7 / +7 / +8
P.B. charm/impress 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% / 50% / 55% / 60% / 65% / 70% / 75% / 80% / 83% / 86% / 90% / 92%
Spd . No special bonuses other than the raw , natural ability to run

• MasamuneShirow13 (2).jpg Name: Terra Alvana
    Race: True Atlantian
    Clan: Draco Amicus

Iq: 24 - +10% to all Skills
    Me: 28 - +7 vs psionics
    Ma: 18 - 50% inspire trust/intimidation
    Ps: 36 - +21 SDC to HtH damage (42 Ps with Tattoo Enhancement)
    Pp: 36 - +8 to Strike, Parry and Dodge, +2 to Initiative
    Pe: 31 - +8 to Save vs. Magic/Poison
    Pb: 21
    Spd: 52 - Top sprinting speed of 35mph (approx)

Standard: 6d6 SDC Restrained Punch, 5d6 MD Full Strength Punch, 1d6x10 MD for a Power Punch (Takes Two Attacks)
    Tattoo Enhanced: 1d6x10 SDC Restrained Punch, 6d6 MD Full Strength Punch, 2d4x10 MD for a Power Punch (Takes Two Attacks)

Level: 9
    Xp: 90,000

Base MDC: 390 - +10 per level, +13 per tattoo
    Invulnerability MDC: 675
    PPE: 264 - +10 per level, +6 per tattoo
    Power Matrix: 90 PPE
    PPE Battery: 50
    PPE Battery: 50
    PPE Battery: 100

Bonus Points: 10

Number of Attacks: 7 (8 Attacks vs Vampires/Undead or Demons/Supernatural Evil)
    Strike: +13 (+19 with rune blade)
    Parry: +11 (Only +9 vs ranged attacks with the rune shield)
    Dodge: +10
    Roll: +11
    Save vs. Magic: +1
    Initiative: +7
    Perception: +6, +9 vs Vampires and the Undead
    Horror Factor: +9 to Save, +11 vs dragons
    Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
    Critical Strike from behind
    Damage: +3
    Death Blow on a natural 19-20

Last edited:
1f742e54493e6c26973a5f7f309beefb.jpg

Corporal Eric Foss is a Coalition Grunt that is on the run from his former employers. He was exposed to some strange energy from a Rift opening up next to him, and now his body has been transformed into a super strong, Mega Damage being, stronger than a souped-up Borg and better protected. When his change was discovered, the Coalition scientists wanted to perform some very invasive exams of his new body, up to and including dissection!

Fleeing the examination (or worse!) table, Eric finds his salvation with the rogue-ish Trent. The smuggler quickly realized just how handy it would be to have a super strong and nearly indestructible sidekick, and was able to sneak Eric out of Coalition territory. Ever since that day, the former Grunt has worked to repay the rescue that saved his life.

Last edited:

• Battle Name: Gradicus "The Red Edge" (Gradicus comes from the Latin Gradus. "He who marches into battle.")
    Birth Name: Valerius Pacifica of Clan Marciniszyn ("Mar-ci-ni-zin" as best as I can make out. Valerius is Latin for "Valiant". Pacifica is Latin "Peaceful, peace-loving, tranquility, kindness")
    O.C.C.: Tattooed Undead Slayer
    Level: 5
    XP: 22,600 xp (32,001 xp for Level 6, table on Secrets of the Atlanteans, page 123)
    Bonus (Action) Points: 6/7.

Atlantean by Chuck Walton.jpg
    (Image credit: Chuck Walton from Secrets of the Atlanteans)

Race: True Atlantean
    Alignment: Scrupulous
    Disposition: Valiant, strong-willed, stubborn when he thinks he's in the right, honorable to a fault, reliable, prefers teams to going solo, trustworthy, compassionate (much moreso than the average Undead Slayer), thinks before acting most of the time, cunning, creative, brutal in gladiatorial ways, completely unfazed by acts of violence, naive sometimes, grew up fast, loves life, loves saving lives, loves taking evil lives (especially before a crowd).
    Age: 40 years old (23 when he left Tamaerus, 33 upon visiting Japan, just turned 38 when he left Japan, almost 41 at start of game).
    Height: 6 feet, 4 inches (198 cm).
    Weight: 220 pounds (113 kg)
    Hair: Completely black, usually in a ponytail that reaches the middle of his back.
    Eyes: Volcanic blue (just a little tribute to Robert E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian).
    Other features: Muscular, extremely fit, has numerous scars, most of them from weapons and claws. His tattoos are true works of art. They blend together across his entire body, colorful, meaningful, and rich with trademark Marcinizyn skill. Every tattoo is gorgeously drawn as though a story unto itself - each a vision of imagination.

I.Q. 16 (+2% to all Skills/+1 to Perception - boosted for reaching 3rd level per Sherwood's character advancement guidelines)
    M.E. 31 (+8 to Saving Throws vs. psychic attack and insanity)
    M.A. 22 (70% chance to trust or intimidate)
    P.S. 34 (+17 to damage. Supernatural - Inflicts 5d6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 4D6 M.D. on a full strength punch, or 1D4x10 on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks - can carry 1,700 lbs/771 kg and lift 3,400 lbs/1,542 kg. Can hurl maximum carry weight 34 feet)
    P.P. 33 (+8 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge. +1 to Initiative)
    P.E. 27 (Supernatural - +24% to Saving Throws vs. coma/death, +6 to Saving Throws vs. Poison and Magic)
    P.B. 23 (65% to charm or impress)
    Spd 24 (approximately 16 miles/26 kilometers per hour)

M.D.C.: 327 (gains 21 M.D. per level from his O.C.C.)
    P.P.E.: 278 (gains 16 P.P.E. per level from his O.C.C.)

I.Q. 16 (11 from Dice) (+4 from Atlantean) (+1 for reaching 3rd level in Sherwood's game - See Character Creation)
    M.E. 31 (21 from Dice) (+2 from Zanji) (+2 from Undead Slayer) (+6 from Atlantean)
    M.A. 22 (16 from Dice) (+2 from Zanji) (+4 from Atlantean)
    P.S. 34 (17 from Dice) (+6 from Undead Slayer) (+2 Gymnastics) (+3 Boxing) (+4 from Atlantean) (+2 Tumbling)
    P.P. 33 (24 from Sherwood) (+2 from Zanji) (+3 from Undead Slayer) (+4 from Gymnastics)
    P.E. 27 (16 from Dice) (+1 from Zanji) (+2 from Undead Slayer) (+1 Gymnastics) (+6 from Atlantean) (+1 Tumbling)
    P.B. 23 (16 from Dice) (+1 from Heritage) (+6 from Atlantean)
    Spd 24 (16 from Dice) (+2 from Undead Slayer) (+6 from Atlantean)

M.D.C.: 327 (+70 Dice and Undead Slayer) (+10 Undead Slayer) (+10 Boxing) (+9 Gymnastics) (132 from Tattoos, 11 [male] x 13 tattoos [beyond the first 6]) (+21 for every level after 1st) (+ Tumbling)
    P.P.E.: 278 (+90 Dice and Undead Slayer) (114 from Tattoos, 6 x 19 tattoos) (+16 per level above 1st)

Combat Attributes
    Perception +2 (+1 from Undead Slayer) (+1 for I.Q. of 16)
    Initiative +1 or +5 (+1 from above 33 P.P.) (+4 when using sword via Weapon Mastery)
    Attacks per Round: 6, 7, or 8. (+5 Zanji) (+1 Boxing) (Undead Slayer: +1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil) (When using sword: +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword)
    Critically hits on a Natural 18 or Higher
    Strike +13/+16 or +17 with swords (+8 from P.P.) (+1 from Undead Slayer) (+4 Zanji) (+3 when using sword via Weapon Mastery)
    Parry +13/+16 with swords (+8 from P.P.) (+1 from Undead Slayer) (+2 Boxing) (+2 Zanji) (+3 when using sword via Weapon Mastery)
    Dodge +11 (+8 from P.P.) (+2 Boxing) ) (+1 Zanji)
    Roll +6 (+3 Gymnastics) (+2 Boxing) ) (+1 Zanji) (+2 Tumbling)
    Maintain Balance (+8 from P.P.) (+1 Zanji)
    Save vs. Magic +7 (+6 from P.E.) (+1 from Undead Slayer)
    Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
    Awe Factor 13 (12 from Atlantean, +1 from Maricinizsyn Heritage Tattoos)

Combat Attributes
    Perception +2 (more when fighting Vampires)
    Initiative +2 (+6 with sword)
    Attacks per Round: 6, 7, or 8.
    Strike +13 (+16 or +17 with swords)
    Parry +13 (+16 with swords)
    Dodge +11
    Roll +8 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
    Maintain Balance +8
    Save vs. Magic +7
    Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
    Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)

Atlantean Natural Abilities
    Healing Abilities (special)
    Atlanteans heal at a rate of 2D6+10 (M.D.C.) per 24 hours of normal rest and recovery.
    They recover 1D6 (M.D.C.) per hour of meditation at a ley-line or nexus point; more at a Healing Pyramid.

Ley-line Phasing (special)
    All Atlanteans are taught how to Ley Line Phase. This is exactly like the Ley Line Walker's ability. It takes a full melee round (15 seconds) to Ley Line Phase and cannot be used during battle.

Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (see Secrets of the Atlanteans, page 48).

Operate Dimensional Pyramids at 25% (+5%) (see Secrets of the Atlanteans, page 48).

P.P.E. Recovery
    Undead Slayers recover P.P.E. at a rate of 20 P.P.E./hour for every hour of meditation, rest, or sleep. 25 P.P.E. when next to a ley line.

Recognize Vampires by Appearance/Sense Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences (see Tattooed Undead Slayer, Secrets of the Atlanteans, page 66).

Sense Rifts and Ley Lines (special). Ley Lines can be sensed up to 5 miles away, nexuses up to 10 miles away, open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Last edited:

• Name: Shaona Elunier, Guard of the Phoenix and former pupil of Ren'Olar.
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Unprincipled - freedom is the foundation of progress

Exp: 38600/51700
    Level 7
    BP: 9/9

Requirement: IQ, ME 12+
    25 IQ +11 to all skills
    15 ME
    13 MA
    14 PS (on 30: +15 dmg)
    15 PP
    12 PE (on 24: +18% vs coma/death, +5 vs magic/poison)
    14 PB
    20 Spd

24 SDC
    22 Hit points (+1D6 per level)
    135 PPE (+2D6 per level); recovery 4 per resting hour, 8 per meditation hour.
    46 ISP (+1D4+1 per level)
    In the description of the Meditation power, it says that you can recover 6 ISP per hour of meditation, unless it says different in the OCC description. Lets go with 3 ISP per hour of normal activity, and 6 with the meditation.
    12+ to save vs Psionics
    +2 vs Horror
    +2 vs possession&mind control
    +2 vs magic (+1 on level 10,13)
    +1 spell stregth (+1 on levels 8,12)
    +3 Perception for machines&magic

5 Attacks,
    +2 strike
    +2 disarm
    +4 dodge/parry
    +3 Pull Punch
    +1 to Strike with heavy weapons/vehicle weapons
    +3 roll with impact
    Karate Punch, Kick
    crit on 18/19/20

with knives:
    +2 strike (+1 on 7,10,13)
    +2 parry (+1 on 6,9,12)
    +2 strike when thrown (+1 on 6,8,10,13)

with staves:
    +2 strike (+1 on 1,3,7,10,13)
    +2 parry (+1 on 2,5,8,11,14)
    +1 thrown (+1 on 5,10,15)

enhanced reflexes (copied from Sherwood, see lore):
    Range: Self.
    Duration: Two minutes per level of experience.
    I.S.P.: 10
    When a psychic uses this ability, he greatly enhances his mind-body connection, hand-eye coordination, and reaction time. This power allows the psychic to be more agile and aware of his body. For the duration that this power is in use, the psychic gains the following bonuses: +1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how XP and levels work in Rifts - is 3000 enough for the next level? if so, what needs to be addressed from the character perspective?

First off, your xp chart is in your Skills tab down at the bottom. Next, when you level up, you add 1d6 to your hit points, and all of your Skills get increased by whatever percentile is next to the main number. Your combat skills go up for your 2nd level of HtH Expert, and your ISP goes up by 1d6+1

For a good scene with the refugees (thank you, Psychie) and a good bunch of IC posts, I'm going to give everyone 2,000 more points, putting you at 5,000 total. That should be enough to get everyone to level 3. If anyone has any questions about leveling up, let me know.

I forgot to add, for the spellcasters, you may cross train one more spell from each other's spell lists in addition to what you get for leveling up.

Hey Sherwood, did you ever come up with an answer to my suggestion of letting me increase the range of my control of my Automations?

I will let you add 50 feet to the range for every skill slot you spend on it.

Sherwood, that's a neat solution that makes sense! Use skill slots! =)

Plus, we just hit level 4! Wasn't expecting that! 8D

Not that I am aware of. There are just sooo many races and classes available that a character builder would have to be massive in size.

I've seen a character builder a long time ago, but it was very basic and didn't have all the available updates that have come out.

Just wondering, how did you get your six attacks per round? HtH Basic gives you four, and one more from Boxing.

Also, what spells do you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back