• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Rift of Expectations (Open, CD, Fantasy)

General Deth Glitch

Two Thousand Club
Feel free to ask questions here and share ideas, working together to create nations with strong ties (be they good or bad) and helping to develop the greater lore of this world of ours is encouraged so feel free to do so, if it is deemed helpful we can use Discord but I feel this will be a fine place, at least for now.

If you do PM me on discord or click the link in my signature and explain why you want to and how willing you would be to help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never participated in nation building before - what do I do xD still a bit confused owo

Its kinda like a normal RP, but at the same time you are running a nation, atleast this one kinda is. So you still RP as your character (or Characters, since you are technically still an entire nations government) and through the actions of your character leader your nation

You might interact with other players (or NPC/AI) to conquer to ally them or you might have problems of your own to deal with.

To that point: I will be creating random events and such as well as larger threats to keep it all interesting and stop people getting bored.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Its kinda like a normal RP, but at the same time you are running a nation, atleast this one kinda is. So you still RP as your character (or Characters, since you are technically still an entire nations government) and through the actions of your character leader your nation
You might interact with other players (or NPC/AI) to conquer to ally them or you might have problems of your own to deal with.

To that point: I will be creating random events and such as well as larger threats to keep it all interesting and stop people getting bored.

[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. Might not be my cup of tea.

I dunno. I like lots of interaction, I guess, and I'm not good at controlling entire regions unless it's my own rp kinda thing xD I've made a world before but this is different, and I'm not used to it. I don't know. o-o

I mean, I aint gonna force ya' but you can certainly create lots of interaction but, should you not wish to partake then so be it. I mean I am more then willing to fill in spaces and RP as NPCs and such near people to give them neighbors should they not be lucky enough to have lots of player neighbors

Why did you post this when it looks like The Nations of Ederyon Rebooted was left off on your turn? Did you abandon that thread?

I didn't and you say abandoned on my turn? Theres more then just two people in that RP yet only two people have been posting, me being one of them.

[QUOTE="Eye Of Magnus]Why did you post this when it looks like The Nations of Ederyon Rebooted was left off on your turn? Did you abandon that thread?

[/QUOTE]
I also plan to respond if no one else posts by tomorrow after noon, but other people need a chance to post or me and Anaxial will end up hyjacking it.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]Shush you! I can use a y if I want to use a y!

[/QUOTE]
But y?

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]I also plan to respond if no one else posts by tomorrow after noon, but other people need a chance to post or me and Anaxial will end up hyjacking it.

[/QUOTE]
I don't know, it looks like a lot of Nation Building roleplays die without warning because people just stopped posting. I was curious why you would choose to start this when you had something to respond to in there, but I guess not wanting to hijack it is reasonable enough.

Eye Of Magnus]hijack [/QUOTE] See [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17501-general-deth-glitch/ said:
@General Deth Glitch[/URL]? He used an 'i' like you're supposed to.

Hello, This RP was recommended by a friend of mine to me, so well, after reading the in-character RPing, Overview, Character Signup and Mechanics, I decided: Why not give it a try?

But! one of the problems I encountered were these, the tech period, world of Gotha, from the link you yourself provided, says the tech period is basically around the "Industrial Revolution" period, but, in the overview (I think) you state that not many have muskets and such weapons, would it be troublesome if these were made widely available? by the 1800s many things took place, so im going to post a quote from the site you provided, of course, Im not trying to be mean or anything, but just curious.

"Gotha's level of technological development is best comparable to the mid–late 19th century, roughly from 1860-1890 C.E. Electric lighting is a fantastic new phenomenon, telephones are still considered by many to be "new-fangled gadgets," battleships are clanking coal-powered leviathans, and automatic weaponry is still in its infancy. It is an age of amazing new inventions, but don't take it too far. Be realistic by adhering to the laws of physics in your inventiveness, but don't let that stop you from channeling creativity into design. Your army of clockwork death-spiders that shoot rocket-powered chainsaw missiles isn't going to be feasible. Innovation is okay, but if you're unsure about your fictional mad scientist's latest invention not fitting in with Gotha's tech parameters, put up a post on the forum and consult the community. Consensus is the way to go."

SETTING - GothaWiki

For example these are some of the guns that can be found, just to point that there weren´t only muskets and big cannons that shot round balls (well, most of them did, I believe)

Montigny mitrailleuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gatling gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*looks at the year* well then

The link is below a thing saying where is the map from, its purely to give credit for the map I stole. Gotha has no link to the RP other then the map.

So I am sorry for your confusion but the world of Gotha has nothing to do with this RP beyond the map.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]The link is below a thing saying where is the map from, its purely to give credit for the map I stole. Gotha has no link to the RP other then the map.
So I am sorry for your confusion but the world of Gotha has nothing to do with this RP beyond the map.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, I see, Im still interested in this RP, so what exactly would be the tech level? Industrial Revolution? same with society, much more "civilized"? or "medieval"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back