• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifles & Runes: Sequel IC

The Republic of Mortheim

2vxgh8p.jpg

"The Republic Stands"​

iy0dwy.jpg

The Western Expedition
Gathering the rest of his gear the Western Expedition leader, Lieutenant William Bradbury, steps out of the officer barracks and heads towards to column of soldiers and vehicles under his command. One of the lower ranking officers called the column to attention and the soldiers formed up saluting William. Saluting back to his subordinates William stood on top of a makeshift stand and begun the mission briefing “Listen well! Our orders are firstly, defend the civilian convoy of scientist to allow for in field research, and secondly, assist in any and all needed movement of research materials to be transported back to Republic borders. This is a essential mission stay on your toes and let's all make it home. Now let’s move out” after finishing his speech the soldiers begin climbing up into their designated trucks and begin their journey, with the civilian trucks in between.

The Eastern Expedition
Watching the Western Expedition forces leave, Colonel Henry Jacobs looks at the map of the planned route through the east “Why in the world are we being split up halfway through the march? This shows you what knowledge the council possess in managing a military” were his thoughts before nodding to his lower officers to start the briefing while he finishes the final preparations for the expedition. While focusing on the map a female voice speaks up from behind him “Colonel Henry I presume?” Henry turns to see a short looking scientist with short brown hair, blue eyes, pale skin and a white lab coat with a business casual suit underneath “Yes, who might you be?” the scientist smiles “I would be your boss, my name is Professor Martha Wilfrem, I was the one to suggest this plan to the General and thus I control the large convoy going east.” After she finishes Henry sighs and nods “Welcome aboard, we are prepared to leave at your signal” visibly enjoying the power that she has been granted Martha nods “Then let us set off! Discovery awaits!” and walks out to one of the civilian trucks with the Colonel yelling orders to move out as she does.

Research Progress
Date: XX/XX/1699
Entry Name: Research Progress One
Author: Professor Nito Baldwin

The research into infusing darkflame into the armament of the Republic has just begun but the progress has not be going swimmingly. We first tried forcing the darkflame to see what would happen but that merely resulted in a large explosion of darkflame causing severe burns on the recently hired intern. The next attempt we tried is infusing it gradually in a premade bullet but that resulted in to much loss of magic that the darkflame went out before any test could be conducted. We will continue our work.

Eastern Naval Patrol
Aboard the Pahu-class Cruiser, RMV(Republic of Mortheim Vessel) Undermarch, Captain Leon Marandow guides the ship patrol, consisting of 1 Cruiser, and 2 Destroyers, across the eastern seas of the Republic of Mortheim. Normally boring patrols the captain did not expect much until one of his lower ranking officers spoke up “Sir! We have what appears to be vessels off the port side. They seem to be some kind of old naval tech since they are utilizing sails”. Letting out a sigh the captain orders the communications officer to contact the vessels from which the communication officer responded with “Sir!, They aren’t responding to our radio calls” which irritated the captain more making him think “These damn rich people trying to relive the past-” but before he could finish the thought the lookout yelled “Sir! I can see their colors, that isn’t any Republic flag from past or present sir”. The captain looked to the lookout with a surprised look heading over to take his binoculars confirming his words “Sound the contact alarm! Have the men ready at their battle stations, radio the other vessels to prepare and follow at a distance they can support us if needed. Also shoot off one of our flares lets pray to the gods the naval vessels will understand were friendly because we shot that off instead of our guns.” Warlord Tom Warlord Tom

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back