• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Rickdiculousmageddon (Rick and Morty Gravity Falls Crossover RP)

Geozaki

Baby Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Characters and Sign Up
OOC

So, I'm writing a fanfic with the same title and basic plot line as this RP and while I was planning the next part in it I thought to myself, 'Oh my god this could be an awesome RP... possibly!' So I thought I'd give it a shot. You don't need to be completely up to date with both Gravity Falls and Rick and Morty to join in, but having knowledge of at least one of the shows would probably be useful. If you know one but not the other that's fine, you can still fit in easily.

The original concept came from a theory linking the universes of Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls. There is a link to the video that I watched here. I need to warn that if you continue reading/watching from this point there will be spoilers for both Gravity Falls and Rick and Morty, so if you want to avoid any spoilers then probably best you catch up before reading on.

For those of you who don't want to watch the full video, I can summarise the theory for you here. In Gravity Falls, Stanford (Ford) Pines was stranded on the other side of a portal he created for around 30 years. While he was stranded he helped Rick Sanchez and Bird Person with their adventures that somehow resulted in them becoming enemies of the galactic federation and possibly even working together to take down Bill Cipher. So I thought I'd play with this idea a little, change a few details and make this, so now I'll get to the RP stuff!

The RP takes place just under 1 year after the end of Gravity Falls season 2 when the summer holidays have just started again and Mabel and Dipper have returned to Gravity Falls to spend the summer there. In the Rick and Morty universe, it takes part shortly after Rick causes the galactic federation to collapse at the end of season 3 episode 1.

"A-X-O-L-O-T-L, MY TIME HAS COME TO BURN, I INVOKE THE ANCIENT POWER, THAT I MAY RETURN"
--Bill Cipher--

Bill Cipher was defeated thanks to the bravery of the Pines family and those close to them, his defeat caused the event known as Weirdmageddon to come to an end. Stanley Pines sacrificed himself so that his mind could become a trap for the triangular fiend. However, thanks to some Mabel Magic and one hell of a summer's worth of memories Stanley's mind was restored. Soon after Dipper and Mabel Pines caught a bus back home where they would face the dangers that awaited them such as High School and Growing Up, both of them looking forward to being able to return to Gravity Falls for their next summer break. With the kids gone, Stanley and Stanford, having been reunited after so long apart, finally started their voyage that they'd planned many years before, leaving ownership of the mystery shack to Soos.

As summer neared Stanley and Stanford made their way back to Gravity Falls and to the Mystery Shack, they went back to living there but Soos kept the ownership and the business himself, the 'Stans' just helped him out, though it wasn't long before Ford was once again gripped by his fascination of the strange goings on in Gravity Falls and he recommissioned the lab which Soos had pretty much left untouched. Then Summer came and soon enough Dipper and Mabel arrived, reclaiming their attic room and looking forward to seeing everyone that they'd had to leave behind. However, soon enough something happened that not even the Pines were expecting.

wubba lubba dub dub
--Rick Sanchez--

Both the Galactic Federation and the Council of Ricks could rest easy, the one person they both considered to be their biggest enemy had been captured and locked away forever, Rick C-137. However, they had all made one fatal error; If there's one person you don't mess with, It's Rick Sanchez of earth dimension C-137, and if you do, then he's coming for you!

Rick escaped the Galactic Federation, and with a little help from the squad of Ricks sent to execute him, he successfully took out both the Council of Ricks and the Galactic Federation from the inside. With both out of the picture, Rick returned to earth, which was now back to it's good old alien free self. Rick and Morty were back, exploring other realities and getting themselves in way too much trouble. When you have as many enemies as Rick does, you have to be prepared for anything, but nothing could have prepared Rick for was was to come.

P.s. I made a trailer thing for this, and as I love editing vids was considering making more if it goes for long enough, it's awful but thought I'd add it anyways, you totally don't have to watch it, I just made it for fun really.

Last edited:
Mabel sat in the living room of the Mystery Shack, she was sitting watching the TV with one of her favourite people in the world, Waddles. As they watched the TV she was busily working on knitting another sweater. She was happy to be back in Gravity Falls, despite having spent her entire life growing up in Piedmont, California she felt more at home here in Gravity Falls than she ever had there. Her favourite people either lived in or regularly visited Gravity Falls, Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Ford, Soos, Melody, Wendy, Grenda, Candy as well as everyone else, and when she came she was also always accompanied by Waddles and Dipper. All she needed was for her parents to move here and she'd be even happier!

So far this summer had been pretty laid back in comparison to their last summer here. They hadn't had to fight off a horde of Gnomes, or stop the world falling into chaos at the hands of some nightmare demon who looked like he'd been ripped out of some maths workbook. Sure, the adventures were fun but, it was nice to just spend some time where their family wasn't fighting for their lives for a change. Mabel reached for her can of Pitt Cola which was on the table, well if you could call the apparent dinosaur skull a table, that's what it was being used as anyway. She took a sip, carefully balancing the can back on the skull, careful not to let it slip off.

"One-hundred fifty Galactic Credits, like we agreed. You got the gun?" Krombopulos Michael asked the shady man.

"Of course, Mikey. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end." The man, keeping a keen eye out for Federation Officers, handed Michael the weapon, "There you go. This sucker can liquefy two kilograms of tungsten per second, and can hold two minutes of juice at any one time."

"If you ever need anybody murdered, please give me a call! I just love killing." Michael did what was equivalent to a smile, before a violent tremor shook both to the ground. Sounds like his best client, Rick Sanchez of C-137. GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ( Miljonz Miljonz )

It was the sound of a ship practically crashing into the parking lot outside the almost casual looking store Krombopulos was conducting his deal in. It was sat on a small looking planet that was often used as a pit stop by wandering merchants or travelers, and was also perfect for elicit dealings.

Rick stretched once he finished parking grabbing a suspicious looking disk-shaped object from the dashboard and stowing it in his labcoat before producing a flask and taking a deep drink. He'd rushed this one, even he knew that, but honestly as long as it worked in the end and he got paid he really couldn't find a reason to care. He didn't want to miss this, even though he could probably live without this success he'd put far too much work to at least no0t get the damn thing where it needed to be.

Which is why he hadn't even bothered waking Morty up before dragging the kid out of bed and into his spaceship before taking off for K.M.s location. Despite being dumped in the passenger seat, Morty's sleep remained uninterrupted... Until now.

"Morty," Rick said before roughly shaking the boy with one hand and stowing his flask away with the other "its time to wake up Morty come on."

Without even waiting for the teen to fully wake up, Rick had already opened the door and took a barely interested glance around them before narrowing his gaze at the nondescript store and turning back to him "This is no time for dreaming Morty, we got work to do."

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind Miljonz Miljonz

"R-r-rick?" Morty rubbed his eyes then slowly stood up.
"Rick w-w-where are we?" He decided to follow Rick out of the spaceship. How long had he been asleep?

He looked around and found himself to be in a car pack. Looked normal enough, he was shocked that Rick had used such a stern tone to wake him up. Clearly this wasn't going to end well.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

(Sorry for the short post just woke up)

"Just some shop on a random Planet I dunno." Rick shrugged before taking another drink and gesturing to Morty with the flask "We gotta meet up with a pal of mine Morty. He's gonna be doing uh- doing a thing and he needs something for that thing. I'd apologize for pretty much kidnapping you in your sleep but this thing he needed proved stubborn as hell to make and I'm-I'm not in the mood to have this go on longer than it needs to be."

He slipped the flask back in his coat before stepping in front of Morty and pointing towards the shop "Here's how things are gonna go. We're gonna- We're gonna walk in there, give an alien a teleporter disk, walk out and go home."

He turned and began walking to the store "Nothing else. You can go back to dreaming creepy thoughts about that girl from your school and I can go back to more important work."

Morty listened to Rick still half a sleep, he caught have of the conversation and that was about it. The only real part he heard was about Jessica and went bright red instantly,

"It-it-it... shut up Rick" Morty said more quietly then intended to.

He followed Rick, the store looked normal but the way Rick looked very slightly tense almost panicked Morty. He was used to Rick being hella confident and nothing in his way. He assumed something was going on here that he didn't know about, but he continued to trust Rick.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Last edited:
Wendy had just finished restocking the till for the next day - and was quite content to walk home after a long, tiring day of texting while she was supposed to be working. As she reached for the door however, thunder rattled through the building - and sure enough, it began pouring rain. "Aw, man." Her dad didn't believe in using motor vehicles over muscles, so she could hardly bet on getting picked up. "Guess I'mma wait this thing out." Turning around, she headed for the Mystery Shack's living room.

"Hey, dude."
Wendy announced by way of greeting as she spotted Mabel with Waddles, knitting. "You see that crazy storm outside? Looks like I'm stuck in here for a little while." She took the liberty of making herself at home on Stan's chair, crossing her legs over the arm. "Pff, if Stan didn't charge me for an employee umbrella then I'd be walking home by now."

Geozaki Geozaki

Mabel jumped, the sudden rumble of thunder catching her off guard. Waddles squealed, leaping into Mabel's lap, Mabel wrapped her arms around the pig. "Awww Waddles, it's ok." She said softly, giggling a little. Mabel turned when she heard Wendy's voice. "Wendy!" She exclaimed with a smile. She looked out of the window as Wendy mentioned the storm, the rain was lashing relentlessly against the window, now that Mabel heard about it, you could hear the sound of the rain aggressively battering the building. "The sky picked the wrong time to have a tantrum!" She commented. "I could make you an umbrella!" Mabel offered, planning how she'd do it in her head, she'd just need a load of lolly sticks, some glue and some fabric. "ooooooor..." She added tentatively, "You could stay here for the night!" Mabel suggested hopefully, her excitement was pretty hard to miss. She hadn't seen Grenda and Candy yet since she and Dipper had arrived back in Gravity Falls and she was desperate to have some time with her girlfriends, and, of course, Wendy was also one of her girlfriends. Not to mention, she didn't know where anyone else was right now, she assumed that Dipper and Ford were doing something together either in the lab or outside, though, for their sake, she hoped in the lab as one thing Dipper never seemed to have with him was a coat, and she had absolutely no idea where Stan, Soos, Melody or anyone was really. So the idea of having some company was hugely appealing to her!
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Last edited:
Michael watched a Federation Officer walk out of the building, "Aaand that's zero." He approached Rick, "Hey Rick! It's good to see you again. Am I correct in assuming you brought the teleporter?" He revealed a sack of non-standard galactic currency, "Here's 3,000 Flurbos you asked for." GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Miljonz Miljonz

"So tired you can't even come up with a proper defense?"
Rick raised an eyebrow at the teen as they entered "Ah I feel ya Morty, you're gonna have to start working on that now. The whole sleep-sleep thing. Get your body accustomed to all-nighters now Morty, it won't be so forgiving in the future."

With that he turned to the approaching hitman and whipped out the disk with two fingers "Just so you know, Krombopulos Michael, this VIP you're after has a- has a security matrix going around his estate that's specifically designed to counter most transporter technology. I say most because if most people were ready for science like mine I wouldn't get half of the shit I do done."

After exchanging the disk for the Flurbos, Rick continued "I had to jump through some hoops to get through that Matrix, Mikey. It'll work for two runs, one to get you in and one to get you out. I'd tell you not to mess this up but as long as you keep that thing at least two yards from any electronic when you use it then it just hinges on you being able to kill the guy which, let's face it, is probably the easy-easiest part of this."

"Sleepover, huh? Sounds ideal. Don't tell Stan though, or he'll take accommodations out of my paycheck." Wendy rested the back her head on her palms, elbows splayed. As her attention turned back to the TV, she couldn't help but comment. "Duck-tective Season Two? Man, they're really milking the show for everything its got, huh?" Her ever ticking attention didn't dawdle on the thought too long, however. "So, where's all the other dudes? I kinda expected you all to be in here when I walked in." Of course, she already had a mental list of likely places they were all to be - Stan was probably pocketing convenience store products somewhere, Ford in that basement thing behind the vending machine, Soos... well, he could be as far as Texas and Wendy wouldn't bat an eye. The odd one out was Dipper, who she'd usually spot 'discreetly' watching her walk home from the living room window - but seeing as he apparently broke that ritual, he'd likely be around Ford.

Rain pattered on the windows, and it took Wendy a little effort to not flinch at the lashing thunder. She used to go out and play in torrential rain as a kid, until the fateful day her Dad made her do that ten-mile assault course in a storm. After that, Wendy found herself a little less fond of rain. Still, she had to keep up that chill attitude thing that saved the world last time, so she casually ignored it.

Geozaki Geozaki

"Your secret is safe with me!" Mabel announced. "Grunkle Stan never needs to know!" She knew that Wendy had a point about Ducktective, but she loved it too much to agree with her, so she skipped over Wendy's comment about the programme, answering her other line of questioning. "I don't know where everyone is..." she admitted. "I assume Grunkle Ford and Dipper are up to some nerdy stuff, I think Grunkle Stan went somewhere in his car, but he never said where and I think Soos took Melody out for a romantic meal!" Mabel practically squeled the part about Soos and Melody on a date and she couldn't help but add. "They're so a-freakin-dorableeeee!"

Mabel smiled up at Wendy. "So, what do you want to do tonight, Sista?" She asked, trying to sound cool but just ending up sounding as crazy as ever.

"Hahaa! As reliable as ever, Rick! Thank you for the teleporter! I'll remember to keep it away from electronics," Michael turned the device over a few times, admiring the noticeably "Rick" handiwork. He spoke up, "Hey, is that your grandson? Morty, was it?" GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Miljonz Miljonz

"I kinda wanted to catch up a little. It's been a while since I've had a chance to talk to you guys, and last summer was pretty crazy. I mean, c'mon, how many times in a lifetime does an all-powerful-one-eyed-triangle-guy show up that you have to defeat?" Wendy formed a triangle shape with her fingers which she hovered over her eye in order to emphasize her point, before relaxing again. "I wanna make sure you guys are doing alright - cuz, y'know - pretty much anyone else would be traumatized for life." She chuckled a little, eyes still on the TV. In secret, Wendy sorta missed Bill. It seemed like ever since her friends and her had put him under, life went from being almost action movie-like to going back to the same ol' mundane mess it was before. She kept that particular thought to herself, however.

Geozaki Geozaki

"Y-yeah... It was pretty crazy..." Mabel said in response to Wendy's comment about defeating Bill. Mabel looked at the floor, she still felt guilty about the whole scenario, after all, it was pretty much her fault that Weirdmageddon had even started to begin with. She looked up again to see Wendy's imitation of Bill at which she giggled. "We're doing ok," Mabel said with a smile. "Dipper is doing amazing at school, like super amazing!" Mabel explained, raising her hands into the air to give a little emphasis. "Waddles is as adorable as ever, and Mom and Dad working, like usual..." She trailed off. "It's not the same without you guys though, I wish that we could stay here, home is just so BORING!" She tilted her head as she said the word 'boring'. Though she didn't mention it, Mabel was still 'haunted' by Bill, she often had dreams involving among other stuff, but she decided that it wasn't important.

"What about you?"
Mabel asked with excitement. "Have you been up to anything interesting? Do you have a boyfriend? Is he nice? How are the gang? What about Tambry and Robbie? How are your family? What's it been like at the shack?" Mabel asked her questions at the speed of light so it became quite difficult to actually hear what she was asking. She only paused for breath when she was finished. She looked up at Wendy expectantly.

Morty watched as Rick did business with this fellow. Rick was as insulting/blunt as ever, trust Rick to be that guy.

"Yeah, um... I-I-I don't really know w-w-who you are, Rick never introduced us".

@ferociousfiend GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

"Well, Morty, I'm an assassin. I buy guns and gadgets from your grandpa. -And listen, if you ever need anyone murdered, give me a call." Mike handed Morty a futuristic business card, "I am very discreet. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love killing!"
Miljonz Miljonz GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

"Umm....thanks?" Morty took the card storing it in his pocket. He was slightly disturbed at the facts that his grandpa was making business with an assassin who killed anything.
"R-r-r-rick can w-w-we go? This guys starting to f-f-f-freak me out"

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

((I'm so sorry for the short posts, I was going to a drama workshop and you come back SUPER late at night so had like 0 time to check stuff))

"Whoa, simmer down there." Wendy held up a hand, chuckling. "Nah, I haven't gotten into too many romances since you guys have been gone. 'Just not sure I feel up to it after... well, you know." She idly brushed a lock of hair from her forehead. "Anyway, the Shack's been about the same as it always was. Wish I could say that Stan switched to more honest ways of earning a living... but... heh, well you know again I guess." Naturally, Wendy realised she was avoiding talking about Tambry and Robbie. She might've been glad that the dude ceased his dramatic attempts at swooning her - but something never felt right about those two.

Mabel stood up, she pointed at Wendy and was about to speak when there was another flash of lightning. The sound that accompanied it was instantaneous and far more aggressive than your usual rumble of thunder. Mabel jumped, for the first time in forever, she would admit that the storm was scaring her, just a little though. Mabel lept onto Stan's chair beside Wendy, her heart pounding. "Why is the sky so angry?" She asked, her voice quivering slightly. There was another crack of lightning that filled the room with a blinding light. The only weird thing about it was that the light didn't go away. Within the next few moments, both Wendy and Mabel would feel as if they were being sucked towards something before violently being thrown on to the floor.

As Morty stuttered an attempt to get his grandfather to leave a portal appeared not too far away from the gathered group. The portal looked identical to those created by Rick's portal gun with one exception, Rick hadn't used his gun to create it. Suddenly two human girls were thrown out of the portal, landing on the floor just in front of it. As the girls appeared, the portal disappeared.

Mabel, who had landed flat on her face, picked herself up, looking around at her new surroundings. They definitely weren't at the shack anymore. She noticed the group of people not too far away.
"Where are we?" She asked, directing the question towards Wendy.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Miljonz Miljonz Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Birdsie Birdsie M Metalgeardude
(If anyone else from Gravity Falls wants to join, then feel free to! Just do something similar with portals and shiz!)

"And who's that?" Wendy pointed out, gesturing toward the three unusual figures amidst their new surroundings. She stood up, dusting herself off. "Whoa. This is like something out of a sci-fi movie." They appeared to be in some kind of shop - only not a single thing on sale looked like anything Wendy'd seen before. "What the hell's a 'meeseeks box'?" She curiously observed the closest item, tilting her head. "I don't know what's going on... but I'm pretty sure this is just a wacky side effect one of Standford's experiments made, and we'll be pulled back any second now."

A few seconds passed.

"Any... second now."

"Calm down M-Morty, he's just a hitman." Rick said with a sigh before turning for the door and walking towards it with a yawn "If you freak out every time we meet someone who murders for a living we're gonna be running late on a lot of adven-adventures Morty after I take some me time we're sure gonna go get that sort-"

Almost exactly as he said that one of his portals opened up in the middle of the shop, Rick didn't even pause in saying "Or I'll have to deal with my selves again. Universe can't seem to give your Grandpa a break lately."

But instead of one of his alternate versions or even some idiot's lost Morty, two unknown women stumbled out of the portal one a bit younger than the other.

"Oh no." Rick scrunched his eyes and let out a groan "Knew it was too good to be true."

He grumbled some things before raising a hand towards Morty and saying "Morty, stay with Michael. Mikey, might want to put a pin in that operation of yours for the moment."

He stepped a bit forward before calling to the two young ladies "Hey did either of you get here by using a strange-looking gun belonging to someone who looks like me?" he thought for a moment before nodding back towards Morty "Or off a half-dead kid who looks like him?"

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind Miljonz Miljonz Geozaki Geozaki Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Morty looked in awe at the girls who had stepped through the portal. He was expecting some other Rick's to step out of the portal and there would be a huge chase. Both girls were quite cute, one was slightly young though. He thought about Jessica but put it to the side for now. Morty listened to what Rick said and ignored him; what would he rather do, stay with an assassin he had just met or follow Rick...? He decided to follow him. He didn't like listening to orders from Rick.

"H-h-h-Hey R-Rick? Who are these people?" Morty asked intrigued.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind Geozaki Geozaki Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

"Could ask you the same, little dude." Wendy placed herself between Mabel and the approaching strangers. She eyed the old guy in a labcoat. "Nah, man. We were just chilling at home and we just ended up here outta nowhere." After a moment, she looked around. "Where... are we? This doesn't look like Oregon." Her gaze slid over the the figure behind them. "And... is that guy an insect?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back