• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Quest Rewind OOC

Main
Here
Sure, it seems a valid one. ^33^ It might be regional? Until I looked it up, I hadn't realized myself how many different words there were for that kind of structure.

Hey Epiphany Epiphany thanks for the rating!

Since we're one the subject, I do have to ask, what do you think of the dialogue? I'd like to ask that to Kaerri Kaerri Psyche Psyche pinnasina pinnasina and sullen sullen as well. It's one of the things I feel I'm struggling the most with in this project, I do try to do my best to do it well, but I kinda stil feel it's a bit awkward in the end. So, I would love some feedback on it, if it's good, where you think I might be able to improve etc... If you don't mind, of course.

Your dialogue is fine.

It's generally sensible and easy enough to follow. Your use of color makes it especially easy to track, which is always appreciated for forum reading. You also don't explain everything, which is nice (like, the reason Nichole is sulking in her room seems known to the mom and Mr. Acosta, while not necessarily being known to me, unless I missed it). People in real life don't explain everything and it's worth following that example occasionally in writing too. I also enjoyed your use of dialogue to reveal setting detail, like the fact that our protagonist evidently has green fingernails and that means he's supposed to be superpowered; not something that's previously come up but made me sit up a bit and recheck for it.

If you're fishing for things to improve on, consider making some of the banter slightly less small talk. Not everything needs to be a serious conversation. But if dialogue in a story isn't revealing the setting or setting up the plot, it should generally be used to establish the character. You establish Nichole's personality early in that one conversation, and yet we've had more interaction with Mr. Acosta who I still don't feel like I have a handle on...which admittedly might be intentional. ;)

You're doing good work so don't sweat it.

Your dialogue is fine.

It's generally sensible and easy enough to follow. Your use of color makes it especially easy to track, which is always appreciated for forum reading. You also don't explain everything, which is nice (like, the reason Nichole is sulking in her room seems known to the mom and Mr. Acosta, while not necessarily being known to me, unless I missed it). People in real life don't explain everything and it's worth following that example occasionally in writing too. I also enjoyed your use of dialogue to reveal setting detail, like the fact that our protagonist evidently has green fingernails and that means he's supposed to be superpowered; not something that's previously come up but made me sit up a bit and recheck for it.

If you're fishing for things to improve on, consider making some of the banter slightly less small talk. Not everything needs to be a serious conversation. But if dialogue in a story isn't revealing the setting or setting up the plot, it should generally be used to establish the character. You establish Nichole's personality early in that one conversation, and yet we've had more interaction with Mr. Acosta who I still don't feel like I have a handle on...which admittedly might be intentional. ;)

You're doing good work so don't sweat it.
Thank you very much for the feedback! This was pretty detailed, and I shall consider the information in the future :)

PS: Just to explain the delayed response, I wasn't trying to think about what to reveal here or not from the points you brought up. I ended up deciding it'd be best to just try to reveal it through the writing from here on out.

Ooo thank you for tag! And dialogue was good, it doesnโ€™t seem forced. The colors are nice too since itโ€™s easy to differentiate

Alright, I'm back everyone! I took some extra hiatus time to try to catch up with other RPs that needed replies after my exams, but I'mma gonna start working on this next reply soon.

Epiphany Epiphany sullen sullen pinnasina pinnasina Psyche Psyche Kaerri Kaerri

Some of you have yet to vote on the latest entry so I'll wait until tomorrow before I actually start writing it, in case any of ya'll still wanna get a vote in. If you felt that the wait was a bit too much though, I understand and if you could kindly inform me so that I don't keep tagging you for no reason, i'd be quite grateful. Any of you that decide to return to Rewind with me, thank you very much, and hope you have a great time with the story! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back