• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Revive That Dying Flame - Interest Check

Epiphany

Proverbs 17:9

Revive That Dying Flame

Book 1: What's Left

A young woman wakes up to find she's missing three days and the whole world has forgotten she ever existed. But as she reunites with a few old friends and finds new allies, she discovers a planet-spanning conspiracy and has to decide whether to join a new elite, burn it all down or find a new path to the future.

The first book, What's Left, will be written as a Modern Science Fantasy visual novel emphasizing player choice, five romantic pursuits and multiple endings with dozens of invisible variables tracked so that you can define who she becomes in the course of play. Subsequent books will expand on choices made throughout the series. Despite its modern setting, primary inspiration includes the Adjustment Bureau, the Dune series, Arrival and the Exalted RPG.

This Interest Check will serve to kick off a Questing Choose-Your-Own-Adventure text-only version, written in part for practice, in part for the format! Audience voting and participation in particular should be a lot of fun (and serves as shameless testbed for sharpening the real product as I write it).

Credit goes to vRH vRH for an excellent, clean and very readable format that I shamelessly adapted for this game's use.

Love, I've been doing this for two years, and all I have to say here is the following...

1: Interesting idea.
2: I LOVE the list of inspirations.
3: Good LUCK keeping yourself motivated...

Much obliged on the experience! It's been fun to write so far, though an unbalanced work/life ratio has slowed me up for the moment. Motivation comes and goes but I've been locked onto this concept for a few years and my passion for it hasn't abated so I expect to see it through sooner or later. :)

Good luck with yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back