• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’ -- (๐จ๐จ๐œ)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
announcement: after stewing over this for days i finally came up with an idea for a new oc that i'm just gonna run with. will be done before the deadline manaรฑa !!

ThatNewGuy ThatNewGuy I love the additions you made to your form! Especially his reason in joining the settlers.

there's a disappointing lack of infectious diseases in y'all's ailments!! makes me sad as someone who studies disease in uni :'-(

timshel timshel oh, man. you're right. a lot of people traveling west hoped to leave that all behind in the east. of course though, we know that didn't happen. but it could be assumed that if you're traveling, you're of relative good health. so i guess it'd make a little sense that most of them wouldn't be carrying those big name diseases like measles, influenza, cholera, and the sort. right? forgive me, i don't know a whole lot about diseases myself outside of any preliminary research.
they're also pretty isolated. no one's really visiting the town outside of them just yet...

BUT ALSO... i thought about including consumption as part of my second character's bio. i still have to do some reading up on that, though. xp

timshel timshel oh, man. you're right. a lot of people traveling west hoped to leave that all behind in the east. of course though, we know that didn't happen. but it could be assumed that if you're traveling, you're of relative good health. so i guess it'd make a little sense that most of them wouldn't be carrying those big name diseases like measles, influenza, cholera, and the sort. right? forgive me, i don't know a whole lot about diseases myself outside of any preliminary research.
they're also pretty isolated. no one's really visiting the town outside of them just yet...

BUT ALSO... i thought about including consumption as part of my second character's bio. i still have to do some reading up on that, though. xp
you're definitely right about the so-called crowd diseases that are dependent on larger populations to spread them (smallpox, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, typhoid). tuberculosis/consumption is a notable exception bc it can present as dormant or very mild in some people, and can be chronic/fatal for others. (and don't even get me started on untreated sti's)
there's quite a few water-borne diseases like giardia, cryptosporidium, and cholera actually (transmission is fecal-oral which is.... concerning when you think about epidemics) that travelers could easily pick up, but hookworm and other helminths/wormy bois are actually of concern as well! used to be super common in the us until we realized open sewage was highly problematic LMAO
i'm also thinking of vector borne diseases but not many are coming to mind for this time period... plague (a la black death) and some tick-borne diseases could b poppin but i'm not sure how well-documented those would be
in conclusion, outside is disgusting

Last edited:
if someone has measles leon's not letting them anywhere near his children LMAAAOO

Last edited:
the bisexual cowboys in the 1800's because everyone they love is dying because of a crazy incurable disease so the options are running thin

horniness.png

timshel timshel ah! her history is very well done! i'm excited to see her as apart of the cast. ^^

yo yo bad wolf bad wolf absolutely no rush at all but when were you thinking of announcing the cast?

i'll announce everything through pms soon! today definitely. ^^ i've just been a bit busy.

sprouhtt sprouhtt Hello! Thank you so much for your interest. ^^ The three roles aforementioned are still open. There's no deadline as I'll be accepting applications till they are filled. If you'd like to run any ideas by me, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to hear them.

sprouhtt sprouhtt Hello! Thank you so much for your interest. ^^ The three roles aforementioned are still open. There's no deadline as I'll be accepting applications till they are filled. If you'd like to run any ideas by me, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to hear them.

thanks so much bad wolf bad wolf , Iโ€™ll send you a PM! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back