• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BoneBrain

Everything's Shiny Cap'n
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey folks! Hope you are well, wanted to come on and check interest for not a super fleshed out idea but would love to work on it with a group and create something fun.

The idea:

Modern day, Gods of all pantheons and cultures are well known throughout the world. These Gods protected the earth long ago from large monsters and titans and have settled down to be worshiped and adored for deeds they preformed millennia ago. Occasionally these God's have ventured to the earth and met human's who captured their attentions. Demi God's although uncommon can be found across the globe. With the arrival of more and more the God's put in place a university named Gleamroth Academy. Here they would take the best of the best of their decedents and mold them into warriors, poets, inventors, master tacticians etc.

I was thinking the first half of the story could be these university students going through the motions of demi god training, the classic magical school RP with dances, drama, romance the works. I say university so we can choose to work with more adult themes as well.

Then the second half of the story would have the Titans once defeated returning and shutting away the world from the God's eyes, leaving these Demi god's to use their training and work together to save their earth from these monsters. I think it would be really neat to watch these characters go from little grasshoppers to not quite ready to defend the world to having no choice in the matter. Feels like we could really experiment with character growth and relationships here.

Anyways! It's not super fleshed out but I would love to see if some of you guys want to build a story together. I can make a discord for some ooc stuff and character planning and sheets if the interest is there.

:)

Hey Awesome! Thanks so much man! I definitely would love to write with you!

Let's see if enough other people show interest.

Just wanted to register my preference for an OOC thread instead of Discord, as I am stuck using internet on my phone and have trouble running the Discord app.

Fingers crossed :) Also fair! Sheesh writing on your phone is definitely no fun. We can totally stick to ooc then. Works well for me!

I definitely think I want to do some sort of Norse Demi God haha.

This sounds fun, and I have a potential character in mind.

I do second the no Discord thing, though. I didn't realize how common Discord had become until trying to find RPs to join on this site, and I'm already in too many groups there to then join new groups for every RP I'm in.

Hey! That's wonderful! Thanks so much for your interest, would love to do a little planning and character building with you guys. I think if we get one more person interested that would be an awesome group. :)

This seems interesting, I'd be down and I have a character and a god in mind to use, lol. Egyptian mythology sound good to you?

Ooh!! Thank you so much everyone for the interest! Awesome I would absolutely love to plan this with you guys. Totally cool if people want to double up on the characters and totally cool for any culture or pantheon for the demi gods.

I was thinking we could start off with students settling into their first month at school, and some of the older students dealing with the new arrivals.

Is there any sort of world building or school protocol you guys think we really need to nail down?

I went ahead and started doing some work on my character, only to realize he's a little more complicated than I thought to convert to this RP.

It's then made me wonder a few things. Do demi gods have the same natural lifespan as humans? Can demi gods move up/gain immortality?

Also, if a demi god ended up reincarnating into another demi god (with two different god parents), would their new and old powers mix together? Or would they only have the powers of the current god parent?

Sorry if it's overally complicated, and I can simplify my character if need be (mostly in cutting out the reincarnation, I think), but I'm trying to figure out what rules I need to play by.

What amazing and wonderful questions. Within my own concept of the world I hadn't really thought of lifespan or reincarnation so that's so cool you brought that up. I would definetly find it very easy to picture demi gods having longer and healthier lifespans. I kind of think of the Disney Hercules movie where he gain his immortality through a selfless or godlike act. So if there was something absolutely bonkers for our characters to accomplish to give them immortality or even just an upgrade to their powers that would be a really interesting plot point to have.

I think for the genealogy and heritage that would be totally up to the character creator on what gets passed down and what doesn't. There's definitely a lot of opportunity to play around with powers and who gets what.

I would maybe think that the demi gods power is somewhat related to their sire's power but it doesn't have to be exactly it. Like say a god of winter and bitter cold sires someone that has the ability to freeze things or create small changes in weather. However I don't think it would make much sense if the same god of winter had a child that was able to commune with animals, if that makes any sense?

do we have to stick to one mythology like greek or roman or can we branch out to other mythologies?

Oh we can absolutely branch out to as many different mythologies and pantheons as we would like. :)

Oh we can absolutely branch out to as many different mythologies and pantheons as we would like. :)
Bet, I was thinking of Anubis. You got any rules or regulations to our characters? I don’t wanna make a overly powerful character.

Haha! Ooh I love that. One of the judges I see :) I think in terms of power if you want to go real powerful that's cool but maybe have the power be super niche or hard to use. Perhaps your character can grow into how powerful they are throughout the story.

Haha! Ooh I love that. One of the judges I see :) I think in terms of power if you want to go real powerful that's cool but maybe have the power be super niche or hard to use. Perhaps your character can grow into how powerful they are throughout the story.
Okay cool, that was my original plan to grow into it. I got that one all planned out now, thank you for answering my questions.🥰 now I’m gonna work on a second one, just can’t decide on which mythology I wanna use lol

That's wonderful! Man I can't wait to see what you got. I'll start working on my characters today as well. I'm pretty stoked for this, are people ok just posting their characters here or would you like a new place on the site here or perhaps on a shared google doc?

I definitely want to go Norse for one demi god but I'm with you, cant seem to decide on my second character haha.

That's wonderful! Man I can't wait to see what you got. I'll start working on my characters today as well. I'm pretty stoked for this, are people ok just posting their characters here or would you like a new place on the site here or perhaps on a shared google doc?

I definitely want to go Norse for one demi god but I'm with you, cant seem to decide on my second character haha.
Whatever is better for you. This is a interest check, so it might be better to make a CS thread that goes along with the Rp.

Sounds good haha. I have to admit this is my first time creating an RP on here so I'm a little rusty. I'll get a thread up later today then! :)

Sounds good haha. I have to admit this is my first time creating an RP on here so I'm a little rusty. I'll get a thread up later today then! :)
No rush.(: I’m most likely will be absent most of the day, I’m on vacation and will be hiking most of the day through a national park.

Oh that sounds lovely! Find a nice stone for sure and tell nature I say hello haha. Hope you have a lovely time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back