Reunions.

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
“So it's our job to interrogate the brewery own, find out what information we can and get out? Its a rather simple mission…. But I guess they must be worried about this one if their sending you with me.” Hideki, a young man who's had a rather wild year, looked towards his sensei. He had his own way of doing things, but he did look up to the woman a good deal, she was strong but didn’t seem to let her emotions get control of her… when she's sober at least…

Rabbits are a weakness of her’s maybe? He didn’t want to think on it that night, ever since the moon has become a source of great stress for him. He didn’t really want to talk about that night really, sensei did look sad, but by god every time he remembered those rabbits he got a chill up his spine.

Vicious little bastards.

They were on the way to the small town when he looked back to his sensei again. “Has things finally slowed down for you at all?”

“The Akai Kyoudai have become rather active lately,” Takara idly turned a page in her book. “With so many members supposedly frequenting this place, the village wants to get whatever info they can.” Another page turned, “genjutsu is also pretty useful for questioning people.”

Violet eyes finally looked over at Hideki, he’d grown somewhat over the past year. The jounin couldn’t help but wonder when he’d pass her up in height. “I don’t come home looking like the walking dead anymore, I’d call that an improvement.”

“That's true, you’ve also been talking more, guess I’m rubbing off on yea.” the young man laughed a bit, looking back to the past abit. “...So… Umm… i’ve been meaning to ask. Beyond being my sensei… What made you bring me in? I’m thankful, beyond it really. It's the best homelife I’ve had in… ever.

And I owe ya so much for it…” he scratched his head, feeling a bit embarrassed. “...odd stuff to bring up on a mission, but… While we’re waiting..”

She was silent for a long moment, almost like she hadn’t heard the question. “You needed someone,” Takara said finally. “You would have fallen apart without someone there for you.”

Hideki thought on it and nodded. “..Yea… I guess you’re right… the way Mai was acting she would’ve probably dragged me to her home if you didn’t…”

“Hard to say with that one…”

The young man paused a moment. “...Still never got used to how you can be so quiet, guess that comes with being the strong quiet type huh?”

“Can’t say I ever considered myself that type.”

He huffed, smirking abit. “As I say that you’re reading that series… never took you for that type of bibliophile…

Sure you don’t need time alone with it?”

Rolling her eyes, Takara swatted him on the back of the head with the book. “For that, I might just make you do all the questioning.” A light smirk played on her lips despite the annoyance in her voice.

“You mean like Aiko and Mai do all the time?’ he smirked, rubbing the back of his head. “Mai keeps… making an annoying joke.. I made a mistake a bit ago and suddenly apparently I’m a lecher….”

She rose an eyebrow, “you mean the whole White Day thing?”

“Yea, you remember the month I had to leave? That's why…” the young man sighed. “Now she wont stop reminding me of that shit… Like hell I never got into that stuff before…”

Takara chuckled quietly to herself. “Ever consider she’s doing that just because it gets such a rise out of you? Perhaps payback for the times you’ve sparred each other?” She glanced at him for the corner of her eye, “or maybe she’s jealous?”

“Mai? Jealous?” he shook his head. “I don’t think Mai is thinking that way, probably just trying to bother me.” the young man naively said, knowing nothing. “All i know is that she's been fighting Yukari alot lately and…”

“Don’t remind me… Lord Gennosuke’s furious about it. Even approached me to try and keep Mai from seeing her.” She snorted, “Gods forbid it’s anything more than friends.”

“Not sure about that if the kiss she gave me meant anything…” the young man spoke, shaking his head…. But then immediately regretted what he said. “Forget what i just said, absolutely nothing happened with Yukari!”

“Oh? Did she now? Kissed by a Hyuuga and lived to tell about it.”

“S-s-shut up it was just a small thing… Maybe…” the young man became rather sheepish, unsure of how to fully reply after that… though he soon found a distraction. “Wait!? Somebody is going into the brewery!’ Hideki shot up on his feet again, staring off towards the building from his tree branch. Sure enough, somebody had just entered the building, looking like a pretty huge woman as well, though dressed in a rather nice kimono…. Even If sloppily worn.

“Hopefully this one actually has some info for us,” Takara sighed, putting her book in her jacket pocket.

The two made their way into the storefront that the woman went into, hideki feeling slightly apprehensive to going into a store selling alcohol, as he was still udnerage, but discarded the thought for ninja business

He opened the door only to hear the sound of glass shattering as the display window holding a bunch of bottles exploded out into the street by a body tossed out the window with remarkable force. “FOR THAT PRICE?! You have to be shitting me! Just what kind of woman you think I am!’ yelled a voice from inside, familiar to the young man.

Indeed, it was the woman herself, standing tall, thoroughly drunk, and quite abrasive at the moment as she nursed a bottle in her hand. “You think you can just pass this swil off on me and demand an arm and a leg? I should take two off you for that!”

Takara blinked at the scene playing out before them, glancing back to the bleeding heap in the street before looking back to the woman inside. This was far from what she was expecting to find. She took a step in front of Hideki, “I can’t saying throwing a helpless shopkeep out the window is going to help matters much.” She held up her hands non threateningly, “why don’t we calm down a little, hm?”

“I say what works and does not you…. Nice abs.” the woman paused to stare at takara before realizing what she was saying again. “I ain’t some idiot to be wrangled yea fool, I’m a fucking *hic* god here! And these piss ants think they can just give shitty sacrifice to a god? Bah!’ she tossed the bottle onto the floor, scattering glass around the area.

“Nowwhadayeawant yea… yea…. I got nothin, just speak up.”

“We don’t work here, for what it’s worth,” Takara said calmly. “Just tourists looking to check out a place that’s rather popular.”

“Bullshit your tourists! Don’t think I don’t see a ninja when i see one. And I see here two! Don’t think I can’t see you boy.” the sharp words snapped as the woman stomped a sandled foot on the ground, splintering the floor a tad.

“So I’m gonna tell it again whatdyea…. Hmmm? Oh shit, look who came back!’ hideki had revealed himself behind Takara, finally having granted the woman a good look at him. “Hehehe! I always knew you’d be around to find me again. Birds of a feather my boy birds of a feather!” the woman laughed, as Hideki continued to stay back.

“...That’s…. That’s her sensei… I saw her when I was in that mission with Yuuki… The leader of…”

“The Akai Kyodai! Don’t get all sheepish boy, it ain’t proper!” the woman cut him off, a shark toothed grin popped onto her face, reddened from the drink.

Takara tensed as the woman started yelling and calling them out. She flowed chakra into one of her hands, in case a fight broke out.

Violet eyes glanced back at Hideki as he spoke up. It was strange seeing him so shook up. Aside from the Mist’s attack, nothing had really fazed him. It all made sense when she introduced herself… The leader of the Akai Kyoudai, Ko Ametsu… A rogue that single handedly killed one of the Hokage’s students and nearly killed the other. Both of which were exceptional jounin.

“Ah… fuck…” she pushed Hideki back a step, “Run.”

Hideki didn’t second guess takara’s words, getting out of dodge as soon as his legs stopped trembling, he wasn’t about to stay anywhere near that woman…. Sober she was scary enough, but drunk?

Ko tsked, whipping a finger across her nose. “Just what do yea think yer doin? Running off? Bah, can’t do that kiddo, you’ll learn that soon enough.” the woman stepped her way towards Takara, looking ehr over. “Well? You gonna get in my way? Or are yea looking for fun?”

Takara gritted her teeth, she couldn’t see any way to win this fight, but… “Like hell I’m letting you get a hold of him.” Snapping one of her hands forward, she threw a handful of crystalline dust at Ko’s face before starting a series of handsigns to form a sheet of crystal between them.

Crystal Release: Stasis

Ko reflexively covered her eyes before looking back “Oh you’ve asked for it! Stupid damn pocket sand trick.” the woman rushed forwards and smacked, well, that word is not quite right, it is more like she smashed through the crystalline wall.

“The fuck? You… You can make rock candy? The leaf is getting weirder each year if thats a bloodline.” the woman dusted off the shards and began to lurch forwards again.

“Now! Outta my way damn it! Suprised you lot are even around considering what’s going on at your village, idiots should be done by now anyways.”

The Jounin’s skin and hair seemed to shimmer as she wove another series of handsigns. Right now she needed to stall for time to let Hideki get away. If she could get some info and survive, it’d also mean a completed mission. “Dare I ask what you’re even talking about?” Her body dissolved into crystal dust, fading from sight.

Demonic Illusion: Tree Binding Death

“...You can’t be serious… Theres not ever a tree In this building!” she tore at the genjutsu, well, the illusion, breaking free of it as her mind simply couldn’t quick begin to believe the suggestion of “You are trapped.”

“Think your getting info outta me? Well here’s something for free. You shoulda been keeping better eye on those kids of yours.”She began to walk her way outside and stretched. “I sent some of my best in that job, Folks are probably already crying to your kage “Oh my babies are stolen~! Oh help me I couldn’t keep my dumb ass protecting them as I should!” openly mocking the village, she stepped out into the street.

“What Himiko saw in that village I’ll never know… Whats keeps you around Rock candy? If you need pay I got room.”

Finally, it clicked what she was on about. “Just can’t leave well enough alone, can you?” Takara’s voice nearly lowered to a growl, “And my reasons are none of your concern.”

“Alright, then why are you so intent on protecting the boy eh? I know i ain’t the most friendly gal in the world, and maybe a little bit drunk, and MAY be one of the strongest around!

But I ain’t gonna bite~!”

“Why wouldn’t a Leaf Jounin protect their student?”

“Fair, I wouldn’t let you touch one of my darling idiots either.” the woman shrugged before looking down to her feet, raising an eyebrow. “Yea know, I just got this odd feeling… Reaaaaallly odd feeling.. You got a bigger link to the boy than what yer sayin.

How's the boy’s pop? Still a worthless husk?”

Takara frowned. Hideki’s father? How would she even know about… Her eyes widened slightly before narrowing back into a glare, “Just what is your connection to Himiko Ukita?”

“My connection to cute little Himi? Well, I’m surprised you can’t tell! Both of us have stunning good looks, though she always was more dainty.” the woman seemed to smirk, enjoying this. “Tell me, do you know what her maiden name was?”

“I never knew her personally,” Takara’s frown only deepened, “But I have a pretty good idea now.” If this woman was even remotely telling the truth, what was she supposed to tell Hideki? “Hey, you have an internationally wanted criminal for an aunt!”? But would keeping it secret only do more harm than good? She wasn’t sure…

“AHAHAHAH! Oh man I had been WAITING to see that face! Or, rather on the kid’s, but yours? Oh man, that's just great. I can’t wait to see his though. Lemme just check.” immediately she thrusted her hand into the ground below her feet with shocking force, splintering the ground beneath her, before ripping a certain young man from the ground like a farmer pulls out a long awaited produce.

“Hey there sonny-boy! Thought you were being smart were yea?”

“Dammit, I told you to run!” Takara was already in the midst of a series of hand, “Now let him go.” Finishing the handsigns, the jounin’s violet eyes a bright gold, almost glowing with chakra.

Demonic Illusion: Shinigami’s Herald

“Come here boy and let me take a look at...yea….?” She glanced past the boy’s head, holding him by the neck with a grip of iron, only to catch Takara’s eyes just beyond him. The world turned to black in a near instant, the shadow of death itself descended upon the woman, the god of death stood before her unfazed by her appearance, her grandeur, the fact her clothes were slipping, she couldn’t help but feel the impermanence of life take hold of her being.

The great god of death reached forwards, attempting to wrest her soul from her body as she stood motionless, hand outstretched where the boy once lay. The illusion’s typical script broke however, as soon as he let go of the young man and clutched the arm of a god with the strength of one, pulling forwards the malevolently glaring being and in one immense headbutt shattered the illusion as if it here but a glass mirror.

However, to the world outside of the illusion, she was… flailing rather confusingly about, if it was the fact she was drunk or under the illusion, one might not fully know.

Hideki was panting hurriedly, his neck showing a bruise already forming, he was in a panic, scrambling away from the woman who was slowly becoming lucid once more.

The moment Hideki was dropped, Takara lunged and snatched him, making to bolt from the town. “What the hell were you thinking?” She hissed.

“I-i was only trying to help! I thought maybe..” he trailed off as he was recalling the words the woman said. She was… She… “She… Shes my…” he was trembling, he could still feel the world’s presence and aura even as they were moving away… To call her fearsome was an understatement…

But yet… she was… his family?

Takara sighed, ignoring his attempted reasoning for the time being. She let him go so he could run on his own, “At least that’s what she claimed… It doesn’t mean you have to just abandon the village and go to her.”

The young man stopped, why would she jump to that conclusion!? “I… I never even…. Why do you think I would do that!?” the young man looked furious, was she questioning his loyalty to the village just over this!? That it would be his first thought!?

“Do you really think I would just…” he stared at Takara, his mind racing. Why was she so nonchalant? She almost didn’t seem to care about this! His father was dead, his mother long gone, the first person who even claimed to be part of his, HIS family, one that doesn’t even matter, a woman who knew his mother enough to know of him.

Even commenting about his similarities to her…

But… his sensei’s first thought was… You better not betray us over this?

The young man’s head filled with a splitting headache, it was just plain to much… he guessed their time together wasn’t important enough after all..

“...Let's go home… She… She said something about the others… People are taken and we’re out here…” he looked away from the woman, not looking in her direction as he went on ahead.

Takara sighed, “I don’t think you would do that.” She looked over her shoulder in the direction of the town they were trying to get as far away from as they could. “But I wouldn’t put it past her or the ones she’s involved with to use those blood ties as leverage on you.”

“Why the hell would she do that!? I’m nobody important! I don’t even have a stupid damn special jutsu or bloodline!” the young man snapped back, keeping his eyes far from Takara. “It doesn’t make sense!”

“Well she clearly has some kind of interest in you,” the jounin ran a hand over her eyes, why was she so frustrated by this? “I just can’t figure out what it would be.”

The young man thought about it, he truly couldn’t figure out what…Was it his contract with the moon rabbits? No.. not many people know about that… Maybe…

“...the sword?” he looked down at the blade, fiddling with the hilt.

“...Or maybe… she is my…” he muttered… thinking about the words she spoke out so proudly, she was so drunk, would lying even cross her mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back