• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Responsive code for mobile/desktop?

jminily

p e r s o n a
I've forgotten a lot of bbcode since being away, and this one is bugging me; there was code I used a while back that changed the design of code when the size of the browser changed (i.e. from desktop to mobile). I would have a 700px width box, that would be replaced with a 300px box when on mobile (or other differences like the colour would change, or image placement etc). I can't even remember if it was script related (actually changing the class applied to the div) or if it was a CSS-type code like [class=box status=hover].

Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas for what it might be?

Don't use pixels, use percentages.

Coding based on pixels is read the same on mobile or desktop, because the size of a pixel doesn't change. Using percentages, on the other hand, is affected by the size of the screen. It isn't a 1-1 comparison, unfortunately, but you should get the hang of it with a little experimenting.

Don't use pixels, use percentages.

Coding based on pixels is read the same on mobile or desktop, because the size of a pixel doesn't change. Using percentages, on the other hand, is affected by the size of the screen. It isn't a 1-1 comparison, unfortunately, but you should get the hang of it with a little experimenting.

I remember there being an explicit way to make something changed based on max-width or height, as in the colour or placement of something. Almost like applying a new class via script to an existing div and removing the previous class at the same time. But I don't recall whether it was a script or not.

Percentages would work, but not how I want them to. They work for resizing the overall scale and such, but not for repositioning or placement or changing colour/text based on other factors.

Thank you though!

you're thinking of [class name="CLASS" maxWidth=MAXWIDTH minWidth=MINWIDTH]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back