• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Resistance [IC][CLOSED]

Prologue
  • unknown.png

March 23, 2029

The rain was beginning to patter onto the abandoned highway as a guard vehicle as well as a prison transport sped their way on it. The road had seen better days, as it's pavement was cracked in many places and weeds began to sprout out of them, signifying nature's reclamation over them. The vehicles themselves however told a different story as they were top of the line UEG productions and were perfectly capable of traversing the Outlands, or areas outside of the megacities. The vehicle in the front was a patrol vehicle, carrying a few soldiers in it to guard the prisoner truck that was trailing behind them. They were heading from Megacity 2 towards the nearby "re-education facility" about 100 miles away with a few prisoners as well as some of their belongings locked up.

At the driver's front of the prisoner transport were two grunts, one of whom was solely focused on the road while the other was staring out his door window towards the outside, bored out of his mind. They were about halfway through the journey, but still had some time to go before they reached their destination. "Goddamn this is so boring." he muttered before turning to his partner next to him. "Why do we always get these shitty placements, Frank? There are so many other things we could be doing other than driving a bunch of troublemakers to a prison."

"Because, Dave, you decided to piss off the captain enough with your shenanigans to bring this about as retribution. You got no-one to blame but yourself pal."

"Hey, I didn't ASK you to join in."

"What, and have to be alone back at station without my best bud? Not a chance." Frank replied with a chuckle. "Anyhow, these aren't just a bunch of "troublemakers" we got in the back. These are the worst of the worst that we got locked up. And they are gonna be locked up in the worst place possible for their crimes. One of 'em... Freddy I think his name is... is scheduled for reconditioning-"

"Shit, that stuff is real? I thought that was a myth to scare people!" Dave asked with shock in his voice.

"Yeah, you didn't know? They probe your brain and... well... lets just say the end result ain't pretty. Anyhow, you need to do stock of what was confiscated off of them."

"What?! But I did that already!"

"Well check AGAIN. I don't want us to accidentally have misplaced something and get us both in trouble... AGAIN."

Dave could only sigh as he got up from his seat and went to the console behind them that was next to the door leading to the holding area of the large vehicle. He brought up a list of what they have stored at the front in a locked container. "A mask belong to that Freddy guy..." he began to recite as he looked through it all.

Meanwhile, in the back of the prison truck the few prisoners that were there had their hands locked behind their backs in a brace and large shock collars outfitted to their necks in case they got too rowdy. Instead of their regular clothes, they all wore dark blue jumpsuits signifying their status as prisoners with a large number imprinted on their backs and fronts as their identification. The hum of the vehicle's engine stirred along as they felt themselves move along the road towards their destination, which most of them knew to be a grim place by this point. Whether or not their crimes were legitimate or not, they were all being ferried off to a bad fate.

Back