• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Bibliophile

Reset

Every 3 years people get “reset”. They all know it’s coming. They change every 5 years. They’re told they live in a different part of the city. That they have a different career; the reset give them the freedom-freedom to live their lives without prejudices; to experience different lives; to live in harmony.

But what you had found your person? You found the one that makes it so you feel whole. Each night you hold her close. You whisper secrets, personal deep thoughts, dreams. And as you held her, each evening as your body relaxed the number flashed in your mind-of how many more days until the next reset.
You learned two weeks before the reset that there was an elixir that made it so you wouldn’t forget. That became your mission. To get the elixir for both of you. To have more time, in a time where that’s not a luxury you have. After days of searching, you find the elixir. But the government finds you before you can reach your person.

You go through the emotions. You’re given your new name, your new home, and your life feels empty. Because in a world where no one can remember-you can.

Will you find her? How do you look for her in a world where no one else is searching? How do you find her in the large city you live-the city that was once called Chicago? How do you find someone you don’t even know the names of?

If this intrigues you, let’s discuss this more. Feel free to message. I wrote the protagonist as you-the male character. But I am open to being the one who knows. Also, I realize this is rough. My apologies.

If I weren't stuffed to the limit with roleplays, I would jump on this possibility. Good on you for the idea; I love it and the concept of forced decisions. I hope somebody would jump on this idea as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back