• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Republic

[class=background] width:600px; height:360px; margin:auto; margin:center; background:url(http://media-assets.bookbub.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/environmental-dystopian_FB-Image.jpg); background-size:100%; [/class] [class=textbox] width:300px; height:300px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; overflow:auto; font:Karla; font-size:12px; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.8; margin-left:-50px; [/class] [class=minibox] width:70px; height:40px; padding:10px; font:Karla; font-size:11px; text-align:right; background:white; border:1px solid #dddddd; opacity:0.5; margin-left:510px; margin-top:-60px; [/class] [class=credits] max-width:600px; margin:auto; font: Heebo; font-size: 10px; opacity:0.3; [/class]

[div class=background]

[div class=textbox]
Chapter 1: System Preferences

“Ban the System! Ban the System!” I could hear the chants outside of the palace. The palace was a tall building with glass windows constantly reflecting the light that shined upon it. It looked like a town of skyscrapers huddled together in one area. Glass elevators were scattered among the palace. However, the palace is not transparent from the outside. People can’t see into the palace, but you could see everyone else from inside the palace.

The chants got me out of my bed. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I placed my right foot on the glass floor, trying to wake myself up. I push myself off with my hands, landing my other foot on the floor. I look out through the window that’s facing the front of the palace. I see people gathered along in protest. “Disgusting,” I mumble under my breath.

I walk into my bathroom, once again with glass all around me. I walk over to the double sinks on my left. I look into the large mirror above. “Another day, Kaiser. A few more months ‘till you’re eighteen,” I whisper to myself. I turn on the cold water. I palm the water and gather some in my hand. I splash the water on my face and it feels like cold bullets to my face. I breathe heavily and wipe myself with a towel near the shower to my right.

I step back into my room, my white t-shirt soaked in the water from the faucet. Just as I was going to jump back into my bed and forget the antagonizing chants, my door busts open. “Kaiser!” The voice yells out.

“Agh, Kata. What do you want?” I turn to her with slight pain in my eyes. Compared to Kata, I towered over her at 5’11. Her short 5’5 stature wasn’t intimidating at all. Kata has long, black hair reaching her waist. While my eyes show boredom, hers show joy. While I slouch, she straightens up. She is so joyous, that it’s sometimes annoying. Especially today, I’m not really feeling it.

“Okay, Grumpy Pants. Be like that. But I think dad is going to announce the return of the System soon.”

“Now?”

“Kaiser, can I ask you a question? “

“You just did.”

“Seriously!”

“Fine. What?”

“D-do you like the System?” I thought about her question for a moment.

“Kata y-”

“No, Kaiser. Do you like the System or not?”

“Yes, Kata. The System helps us control the population. It helps us. It helps the world. It’s good for everyone.”

“But we kil-”

“We don’t. We’re helping.” And with that, Kata turned her head in frustration and walked out of my room. Kata hated the System. Just like the protesters, she believes the System is terrible. She disapproves of it and doesn’t want to be associated with the family that created it.

I got dressed in a white collar shirt and black tie with a black blazer over it. I also put black pants and black dress shoes. I take the elevator down to the entrance of the palace. The doormen opened the tall glass door for me and I step into the futuristic world.

The world was scattered with tall, glass, blue buildings. Green plants and trees flourished in the environment. The sun shined down upon us like a spotlight. No clouds were to be seen. In front of me was my mother, father, and Nyx standing behind a podium. My father was wearing a similar outfit as me, except a red tie instead of a black tie. My mother was wearing a long dress that covered her feet. The color matched my father’s tie. Kata was wearing a black lace dress that went below her knees. You could barely tell she was sixteen.

I walked up to her left and stood beside her. The crowd grew since I saw them through the window. I looked over to my mother and father and I saw them smiling through their anger. I then looked at Nyx. Her face was expressionless. I turned my attention back to the livid crowd. They got increasingly louder with more signs. Finally, my father stepped up to the microphone:

Citizens of New York,

As you know, the System has been extinct for ten years now. Ever since the beginning of the System, our main problem, population, has decreased. Ever since then, we’ve gotten our resources back and our world has never been better. However, our philanthropy hasn’t been received well. You may not like it, but there’s no denying that the System has worked. That is why we are talking about the System today.

Our problems are starting to arise once more. The population has started to increase again to a dangerous level. You don’t understand how much of a problem this situation really is. If we ignore this conflict, it’ll be keep on growing and we cannot sustain the population with such limited resource. Because of this, we will have to resort back to the System.

There is no need to worry citizens. This is for your own good. We, as a population, need this to survive. Of course it may be difficult and heart-breaking, but sacrifices must be made for the greater good. It has been proven that the System has worked for us once. There is no reason that is shouldn’t work for us again. From the Jericho family, we wish all of you good luck in the System. Thank you.

Then the outrage happened. The crowd was filled with rage. They started throwing different objects at us. People were climbing onto the stage. Bloodcurdling screams of sadness and anger were directed towards us. Me and my family rushed into the palace covering our head with our arms. The bodyguards at the side of the stage were dressed in silver armor and armed with weapons. They ran towards us and covered us. They pushed us back into the palace. Once all of us were inside, they sat us down on the floor to let us catch our breath. We heard bangs on the door, but soon after that, we heard shots. More screams came out, but instead they were growing fainter and fainter, and they were finally gone.

Kata immediately broke down in tears. She ran away into another room. My mother and father stood up from the ground and looked at me. “You trust the System right, Kaiser?” My father asked.

“Of course,” I responded.

“Good, Convince your sister will you?”

“Yes, father.” And with that, I headed into the library.

I found Kata in the library. She was a bibliophile after all. Reading was her safe haven. She liked to read about the time before the System.

I walked over to her and shut the book she was reading. “Don’t be so enamored, Kata,” I said to her in a sarcastic tone.

“Shut up, Kaiser. You know I hate this,” she said to me. I could already see the reflection of my blue eyes from her tears.

“What would you do, Kata? Huh?”

“Not this!” Kil- eliminating people is not right! It’s from our own hand! Do you not see how wrong it is?”

“Do you see what would happen if the System didn’t exist? We’d probably be dead, Kata!” You have to understand that this is for own good. We are surviving. We don’t have to be afraid about being in the System-”

“I’m not afraid about being in the System! I’m afraid for the people being in the System! I can’t do this, Kaiser. Seeing these poor children getting eliminated just because they’re not as good as someone else is not okay. Everyone deserves to live.”

“Survival of the fittest,” I sighed. With that, I threw the closed book on the floor. I kicked it all the way across to the other side of the library. Being comforting and amiable was the least of my worries. “It’s us or them, Kata. Be grateful.” As I was walking away, something tugged on my mind. I wanted Kata to understand. I needed her to. As I turned around our eyes lock.

Choice 1: "You know I still love you, right?"
Choice 2: "Grow up, Kata."

Link to voting: Republic (Voting and chatting)

[/div]
[div class=minibox]NAME? LOCATION? MENTIONS?
[/div]

[/div][div class=credits]credits RI.a RI.a [/div]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back