• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Republic

Republic

utopia.gif

"You are stronger than you think." That’s what my grandfather would always say to me. He was the person who I would always look up to for guidance or troubles. He never denied, discouraged, or insulted me. He talked to me with respect. Like he cared about me. The first time anyone ever has. He was the most amicable person you could ever meet. Always smiling, sharing his knowledge and wisdom with everyone he encountered. Jonathan Bernard Jericho, may he rest in peace.

He died in the Antebellum War, or as we call “The War before the War.” Resources were running low. We couldn’t help everyone. Those were just the facts and everyone knew it. So, they rebelled. They thought that we were hiding something. With stolen guns and foreign weapons, they rained upon us with bullets and bombs. There were many casualties, with my grandfather being one of them. And I hid. Behind the doors of the building, behind the doors of my room, behind the doors of my closet, and hid. I didn’t remember my grandfather’s philosophical words there. I just remember his lifeless body.

Their belligerence was unacceptable. So we fought back. We were more ruthless than them. More violent than them. More bellicose than them. And we did it with pride. It wasn’t our fault. They just didn’t listen. We gave them all we could, yet they still deny that we helped them survive in the first place. Many wars followed, each one becoming bloodier than the one before until finally, a new system was put into place. A simple system.

The majority of the people disagreed with our solution, but their opinion didn’t matter to us. It was a solution nonetheless. No one else was coming up with one, so we did. And it was successful. The population went down. Resources were replenishing, food and water became more accessible, farmers were planting and selling more crops, and the sun seemed just a little brighter. It was the answer.

However, there was still a good amount who disagreed with it. They called it “inhumane” and “evil.” But what we were doing was right. It was like we were the antagonist in a superhero film. But that wasn’t the case. We saved the planet from extinction. If anything, we are the protagonist. Do we wish everyone could live? Of course. That’s why we stopped the system once the population was at a good count. Unfortunately, it didn’t last too long.

The population is starting to increase once again. It’s been ten years since the last session of the system. But we’re in the danger zone now. We have to bring the System back if we all want to survive. And this time, we have to go even harder. I don’t plan on opposing the only solution that was mentioned, and the one that worked. If we don’t bring the System back, we’ll go back to our same old world, and I don’t think anyone wants that. The System is our only hope

Backstory

In 2045, the United States experienced great success with an increase of job opportunities, leading more and more immigrants from other countries to move to the U.S. Nobody really a saw a concern with the growing population because of the flow of money was able to give almost every American the "American dream." However, the growing population slowly crept on the U.S. when the population hit 3 billion people. The United States was just not big enough to sustain that many people and eventually it hit its carrying capacity. However, people were so blinded by greed that they continued to move without realizing the problems. Resources diminished fast and people suffered. Anarchy ensued and the government had to take action, so the government put the United States under martial law. The U.S. closed off all its borders to prevent people from entering and exiting the country.

In a quick 2 years, a new type of government was set in place to try to control the population. The government was called the "System." The System split up the United States into 8 Districts: Entertainment, Art, Agriculture, Fishing, Construction, Technology, Health, and Government. These districts were then split up into smaller, more specific divisions (Entertainment district branches off into singing division, acting division, dancing division, etc). Each district and division was given one leader.

Once a child turned 10, they would be entered into the System. Each year, they would all come to the Government district where they would all be assigned a district at random. Once that was chosen, they would travel to their designated district where another ceremony would take place where their division would be designated at random as well where they would be educated about their future jobs, which depend on which division they were assigned to (Ex. if they were in the acting district, they'd be taught how to act in movies and such). At the end of the education year, a final test would be given to students. The students who pass the test would move on to the next education year, with the final education year be year 18. The students who fail the exam would be executed, leaving the best of the best to help prosper the country, and eliminate the weak.

While 7 of the districts accept millions of people, there is only one district that accepts 8 students each year. This is the Government district. The Government district has no branches and is led by Arden Jericho, the son of the deceased president, Jeffery Jericho. At the end of each educational year, one student is executed until only one remain. The last remaining student is given a councilmen position in the government district, receiving the most privileges in the country, along with the other councilmen. Councilmen can stay on the council and lead districts. Although students also receive the utmost amenities, being a student in the Government district is the hardest, mostly because of how much they have to learn. It's like learning all 8 districts at once.

50 years into the System, the United States was able to get the population under control and stopped the System. However, the joy didn't last long as the population grew at an exponential rate, faster than anymore could ever imagine. after only 10 years of relief, the System was brought back and the newest students are about to get a surprise

RP Plot/Roles

So basically I'm looking for 8 people (preferably 4 boys and 4 girls) to play the 8 students in the Government district. However, everyone will be 18, therefore being in the "last" year of education. Due to the fast forward of the education, people will be executed around every 1-2 months (Obviously in the RP it won't actually take 1-2 months for someone to get eliminated). I believe that it would be a pretty cool mechanic if people do get "eliminated." This would most likely be determined by Random.org. However, if you do get eliminated, you can come back as a councilman and still interact with the students. And trust me, councilmen will have huge impacts on the students and the System in general. I will be playing Arden Jericho, and I'll be interacting with the students as well. Depending on students interactions with Arden, students may get "advantages" during the testing phase ;) (more of that can be introduced later). This will not be a first come first serve basis. People will be chosen based on how well-written your character is and how well they can contribute to the plot. This will also be a detailed RP, so 2 paragraphs minimum are expected from each participant.
(This RP is inspired by Divergent and The Thinning)

Not sure if I could quite jump into this, but I did at least want to say lovely plot. :) I enjoyed just reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back