Advice/Help Replying consistently? + Starting Roleplays

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So lately, I found myself with a bit of a problem. I have several RPs going on. All of which I am genuinely interested in, but my problem is two things starting and remaining consistent. For the most part, when I first start an RP with someone or even in a group, I have a lot of ideas in my head, however when it comes to starting the roleplay that's when my mind draws a blank. As I start to lose interest, as I think of a good way to start, I don't know maybe it's because the task of starting is daunting, or I'm just rather insecure about my writing. To be honest, I don't why I'm like. Though on the rare occasion, that I do send a starter and start a roleplay, my second problem comes with replying consistently. There are some days where I can't really get my ideas out, no matter how much I want to write I can't seem to type. Which of course, is a hindrance to my partners who are more often than not looking for a person who can reply regularly. Though a majority of my issues, may stem from the fact that I am a perfectionist, and I over think things. Rather than just writing freely.
Anyways, long rant aside, I was wondering how you guys are able to keep up with multiple roleplays, and reply multiple times a day even whilst feeling uninspired? Aslo, any tips for writing starters. I for one struggle with this. As more often than not, I always have ideas but I can't seem to write them, or they come at a time when I am roleplaying something else. Which is frustrating, as I feel like I haven't been truly motivated to roleplay in months

I think you should try joining RPs that have a longer wait between posts. It sounds like you're taking on too much trying to post multiple times a day for multiple roleplays, and its not surprising that you can't get a consistent quality going. Maybe cut down to like two or three posts a week, the extra time you have might refill your inspiration tank a bit.

Just cut down, I join one RP at a time because I know what kind of workload is fun for me. 2-3 characters in one story = that's great, low stress and easy to accomplish.

Once I stack multiple RPs & many characters it becomes an actual job, plus I start prioritizing some stories over others and that's not good. If you're struggling to keep up and it's killing your drive then you're doing too much.

General advice is to find a good number for you. That can be five RPs or one RP. Right now it sounds like you're in too many stories at once.

About writers block "just do it", put something on a page even if it sucks and then edit to par. I don't really get writers block because of that strategy. Just produce something, literally anything and then work on stuff like wording & pace after you've done that. Writers block or not you can put together text that's in shambles just to have something to work with. Then you carve things into shape, a process that's purely technical. This process sidesteps creative walls and though its not the most inspired work (can trend machanical) it does the job until high-creativity kicks in and you add inspired elements to the frame you've built.

Last edited:
I agree with Crayons Crayons I find that having more laid back post schedules helps prevent me from getting overly stressed. Especially since I have a fairly busy IRL schedule so roleplay replies pretty much happen in the free moments between RL obligations.

Most of the people I role play with are totally fine with a laid back schedule as long as I keep them up to date on IRl obligations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back