• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern (Reopen) Searching for Historical RPs!

gingerwayne

persistently inconsistent, probably a cryptid
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am just looking for the painter x apprentice rp right now then I'm going to close the thread again.

Hello!! My name is Elle. I don't want to bore you all with too many details about myself so let's get into what this post is for. I'm a huge history nerd. That's why I'm looking for historical rps. Now I don't need my partners to be incredibly accurate all the time with every single little detail, but I do enjoy preserving the historical accuracy as much as possible. I google things quite a lot for historical rps and would want my partners to do the same if there was a question that came up. I'm not going to fact check everything you write, but if I see something that sticks out as wrong, I'll probably gently point it out to you. I would suggest having a basic knowledge of the location and time period of the rp as it gets tedious to google things all the time if you have no idea what you're writing about (trust me, I'm speaking from experience). All the plots are based in the Western world because the American education system sucks at teaching about other cultures. I'm trying to learn more, but I don't feel comfortable doing historical rps outside of the Western world right now. That's about everything, so on to the plots!

Roles I will play are in italics. Plots with no italics are ones where I will play either role. I will update the lists as I get more ideas.
*** means high muse, ** means medium muse, * means low muse (but I'll still do it), and no asterisk means I'm not interested right now.

MxM:
[Renaissance Italy] painter x apprentice***
[1960s San Franciso] beat poet x beat poet
[1920s New York] mafia member x rival mafia member
[Wild West America] cowboy x cowboy

FxF:
[(Steampunk) Victorian London] scientist x cyborg creation
[Time and place flexible] princess x handmaiden
[Late 1700s to early 1800s Italy] figlie del coro x figlie del coro (if you've never heard of them, give it a google, the story is fascinating)

MxF:
check back later for plots or suggest your own!

Other time periods I enjoy rping in include:
1950s America
1980s America
French Revolution
Salem Witch Hunt

Now on to the rules
-Be literate. I'm not asking for 1,000 words per post but I'd prefer at least two paragraphs with something to work off of in them. This is a must.
-I am NOT ghost friendly. Please don't ghost me. If you'd like to end the rp, that's fine, but at least send me a message letting me know.
-Keep doubling to a minimum. Playing minor characters to move the plot ahead is fine, but I don't want to play more than one main character and don't expect you to play more than one either.
-I am a minor, so if that bothers you, don't message me.
-I like to discuss plot both before and during the rp, so ooc chat is a must. Plus, I like to be friendly with my partners.

Hopefully I can find some other history geeks on here to rp with! Don't be shy to suggest your own plots as well and comment down below or message me if you're interested in any of these.

Last edited:
I love history. I would like to MxF if thats ok with you. I would like to do a rp around the Cold War and maybe we could be in east Germany trying to survive.

I love history. I would like to MxF if thats ok with you. I would like to do a rp around the Cold War and maybe we could be in east Germany trying to survive.
that sounds good to me! shoot me a message and we can plan it out

"All the plots are based in the Western world because the American education system sucks at teaching about other cultures." I laughed. It's true. Heck, the American education system sucks at teaching about America.

I may not be the best potential partner for you because I do like playing multiple characters. But I also DO like to discuss plot OOC and am interested in trying historical RP. I'm not super knowledgeable about history but beat poets and steampunk Victorian London sound interesting to me. If you and PeteTheWitcher decide not to roleplay together then maybe we can discuss starting a thread.

Hi! I'm super interested in a lot of the time periods you're looking to dive into, specifically your FxF plots. Let me know if you are still seeking a partner because I'd love to chat more and see where our mutual interests take us :-)

"All the plots are based in the Western world because the American education system sucks at teaching about other cultures." I laughed. It's true. Heck, the American education system sucks at teaching about America.

I may not be the best potential partner for you because I do like playing multiple characters. But I also DO like to discuss plot OOC and am interested in trying historical RP. I'm not super knowledgeable about history but beat poets and steampunk Victorian London sound interesting to me. If you and PeteTheWitcher decide not to roleplay together then maybe we can discuss starting a thread.
We can definitely start a thread! I do have a lot of interest though so if I don't end up rping with you right now, it's nothing against you I promise! Just don't wanna take on too much at once.

Hi! I'm super interested in a lot of the time periods you're looking to dive into, specifically your FxF plots. Let me know if you are still seeking a partner because I'd love to chat more and see where our mutual interests take us :-)
Yes we can definitely chat and see if we're compatible!!

reopened, only looking for one partner/plot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back