• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Renaia - Realm of New Life

SilverBlack

Endless Dreams

R E N A I A

Where do we go after we die?

A question frequently pondered upon, and a question that has no definite answer. Do the good-doers go to heaven? Do the more wicked go to hell? Maybe some of the deceased do go to heaven and hell, but for others, their souls go to another realm. A realm where the deceased can begin on a brand new page, in a brand new world…

Perhaps you grew up around technology in the modern world. If not, maybe you lived in darker times on a post-apocalyptic planet. Or maybe you lived in a magic-filled land, surrounded by mythical creatures. Regardless of the kind of world that you lived in, you find yourself in an altar after your death. You find out that you have been given an opportunity to start life anew in the realm of Renaia, free from previous illnesses and injuries.

Soon, you are led into a town inhabited by other souls who are not so different from you. There, you can live a brand new life while working your way up the ladder. Sure, you will start off penniless, but with some effort, you can easily find yourself becoming a merchant, an apprentice, or even a government official if you’re up for a challenge. If you’d like to step away from the burdensome responsibility of working and experience what Renaia has to offer, you can enroll in an academy to study the art of magic or physical combat. Through learning various battle techniques, you can just as easily earn gems as if you had a job. Living outside of town are monsters- some more vicious than others. The government and traders would be willing to pay a hefty sum for bringing back the materials that you can take from the monsters.

What use do the gems serve? They are probably not unlike the currency you used in your original world. You can spend your gems on everyday necessities and luxuries, such as food, clothes, weapons, and trinkets. You can also exchange your gems for your memories. You entered Renaia with fragmented memories, and you are only able to remember bits and pieces of your previous life. The government holds the rest of your memories, including how you passed away. If you would like to take them, the government would be more than willing to trade them for some gems.

Yet another question plagues you- what happens if you die again? It doesn’t seem to hard to accidentally lose your life in a world that has monsters and supernatural abilities. Fret not. Your body in Renaia is like a temporary shell for your soul. If your current body is accidentally destroyed, a new one is easily created in a magical garden where your soul returns to. The only way for a soul to truly disappear is from death of old age. Now, everything is under your control, under your choices. Will you seek a tranquil life, or will you live adventurously and explore the possibilities in Renaia? Will you choose to remain in this seemingly perfect utopia of new chances, or chase after your lost past?

~~~*~~~

Hello, ladies and gentlemen!

First of all, thank you for reading it thus far! The above is only an overview of the roleplay's plot that us admins are thinking of making. Once it is being created, in-depth details of the roleplay's settings, neutral characters, various information will be provided. This is a fantasy roleplay featuring the idea of a second life in a new world after death, providing the characters with a new, different but wonderful experiences (or maybe not wonderful, depending on how you want to play the story hehe). 

This is a long-term, light, slice -of-life roleplay with a mixture of fantasy and action where you can use your creativity and imagination however you like, develop any forms of stories with your beautiful original characters. However, this roleplay does also have a main plot story that will be uncovering itself quietly as the roleplay goes on! You'll learn about it more if you join the roleplay!

We hope that this overview of our idea is enough to capture some interests, so we can make the roleplay a reality! At the same time, though, we ask for roleplayers to at least response twice a week, each reply consisting of a decent two to three paragraphs of minimum grammatical errors to the best of your extent. Of course, if anything comes up, as long as you tell us, we're mostly lenient. We are hoping however to actually get a wonderful story out of this roleplay, and it requires everyone's cooperation, devotion, and imagination!

With that said, this is simply an overview. We hope we get enough interests for it! If you have any questions, or you would like to join the roleplay, feel free to message one of the admins or comment below! Let's bring this roleplay to life! 

Sincerely, 

The Admins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ey @SilverBlack, how've you been?

Any ways, I'm interested! Just a few questions:

• Are characters the same as they were in the previous life? (Name, age, race, appearance, etc.) Or will things be able to be altered?
  • Because everyone is from different time periods and universes, what's the technology level? Is it an odd blend or medieval as you've been hinting towards?
  • Along with that above, is the setting of this plane medieval? Modern? Is it ruled by a democracy or other forms of government?
  • Light or high fantastical elements?
  • Does death from age occur as it would for us (around 90 years), would it depend on race, or are, say, gems exchanged for a longer lifespan?

Hope I don't sound like an ass... genuinely curious is all!  >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
@StoneWolf18

Hello 8D!!

Most of the questions you asked are actually answered in the full roleplay (which actually isn't up yet lol), but I hope you don't mind me answering anyway uwu

Characters are the same as they were in their previous life. Your character can decide to change their name though once they enter Renaia, since no one would know them anyway in the new world. 

The technology level is more medieval. A lot of the technology from the modern world would be relatively unimportant to Renaia since they have magic to make up for it. So yup, the setting is more medieval, and the government is a monarchy.

The experience of fantastical elements is, to be honest, up to the roleplayers. As the overview suggests, the roleplay gives a lot of freedom to the roleplayers. If you wish, you can become a magician and go hunting for mythical creatures and be like a sparkly magical girl. If not, you can let your character go about Renaia in realistic manner. However, all characters will be eventually involved with some fantastical stuff once the plot settles in.

Yes, death from age would occur to the characters in Renaia, and gems cannot be exchanged for a longer lifespan. In addition to that, I'd like to mention that we're limiting the race to humans to avoid certain complexities (such as the lifespan of different races and maybe their advantages in certain areas). 

I hope I answered all of your questions! Once the roleplay is up, all the specifics will be explained in detail :3

@StoneWolf18

Hello 8D!!

Most of the questions you asked are actually answered in the full roleplay (which actually isn't up yet lol), but I hope you don't mind me answering anyway uwu

Characters are the same as they were in their previous life. Your character can decide to change their name though once they enter Renaia, since no one would know them anyway in the new world. 

The technology level is more medieval. A lot of the technology from the modern world would be relatively unimportant to Renaia since they have magic to make up for it. So yup, the setting is more medieval, and the government is a monarchy.

The experience of fantastical elements is, to be honest, up to the roleplayers. As the overview suggests, the roleplay gives a lot of freedom to the roleplayers. If you wish, you can become a magician and go hunting for mythical creatures and be like a sparkly magical girl. If not, you can let your character go about Renaia in realistic manner. However, all characters will be eventually involved with some fantastical stuff once the plot settles in.

Yes, death from age would occur to the characters in Renaia, and gems cannot be exchanged for a longer lifespan. In addition to that, I'd like to mention that we're limiting the race to humans to avoid certain complexities (such as the lifespan of different races and maybe their advantages in certain areas). 

I hope I answered all of your questions! Once the roleplay is up, all the specifics will be explained in detail :3

Thanks for all the answers!

I must say that limiting it to only humans disappoints me slightly (considering, in my opinion, its much more interesting to play something else,) oh well. ^^

I'll be eager to form a full opinion once the full RP is released. :smile2:  

Okay, so Dawnsx answered the questions for me. =w=

Yay! People are showing interests! We're looking for more! 

Keep in mind that if you're already in too many roleplays, make sure you're equally able to catch up and engage in this one! We don't like people dropping halfway through unless it's for some really good RL reasons that you failed to predict prior to joining, so make sure you have time! 

Awesome! 

Since we may already have enough minimum people, I'll post the roleplay once I'm off school! 

I'll notify you guys once I posted it!

In addition to what SilverBlack said, we've put up the format for the character sheets, but we're still in the process of constructing the roleplay section. By the time most people submit their characters though, we should have the starter up o3o

Hello~!

You may remember me from that last RP you guys made or maybe not idk >->

ANYWAYS!!! New people can still funnel in, right?

I know the answer's p obvious but uhm, anyways ahhhh hello it's been a while!!! ^^

Hello~!

You may remember me from that last RP you guys made or maybe not idk >->

ANYWAYS!!! New people can still funnel in, right?

I know the answer's p obvious but uhm, anyways ahhhh hello it's been a while!!! ^^

Of course I remember you, long time no see though! It's been awhile indeed! 8D

Yeess! Feel free to join, we would love to have you in!! >w> 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back