• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Removing the underline from links

Necessity4Fun

I'll keep trying, even if I'm not good enough...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Been trying to sort of hide an URL into a post's header in a way that you won't know there's a link there until you hover over it. Managed to do this with a header that was an image file but with an actual text header, I've fallen into the dilemma of the existence of an underline that shows up whenever people hover over it... I tried a lot of things: sticking CSS functions to the header, using divs, using the hover command with classes, but I can't seem to figure it out.
Can someone please show me how to accomplish it? 'pointer-events: none' makes the link useless (for obvious reasons) and I tried 'text-decoration: none' too, but I'm pretty sure I don't know how to properly set it up to work ^^'

It's probably a really silly and simple solution I'm simply not seeing, they usually are >w<

Here's the header I was playing with:
[CENTER][URL='https://www.rpnation.com/threads/haywood-k.248664/#post-6652009'][B][SIZE=36px][FONT=Finger Paint][COLOR=Steelblue]Kendrick Haywood[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Ahh, there's no way to do that on rpn I know of.
Ohhh, that'd explain why nothing I tried worked XD
Thought I just didn't know what I was doing (which is part of the truth)

Oh well. I'll just have to keep in mind that I'll have to make the header into an image for this to work by default >w<
Thanks for the reply~ o/

one workaround may be to place a div over it ? i did a quick example below forgive me for it being totally ugly LOL
pointer-events:none is the main star here btw, so if this works for you dont forget to bring that over to your code!! im on tablet rn so i may have just mistaken whatever thing you were trying to do but i hope this helps anyways ):

here

here

one workaround may be to place a div over it ? i did a quick example below forgive me for it being totally ugly LOL
pointer-events:none is the main star here btw, so if this works for you dont forget to bring that over to your code!! im on tablet rn so i may have just mistaken whatever thing you were trying to do but i hope this helps anyways ):

here

here
Ohhhhh, it does! Well, it makes it imperative that I have a background to go with it, but it still got the job done!!
Thank you~! It's nice to have other options and I'd have never thought of using a div like that : O

Use an inline block:
a link with no underline

Code:
[url=http://www.google.com][div=display: inline-block;]a link with no underline[/div][/url]

Here is the relevant excerpt from the spec (Text): "Note that text decorations are not propagated to floating and absolutely positioned descendants, nor to the contents of atomic inline-level descendants such as inline blocks and inline tables. "

Use an inline block:
a link with no underline

Code:
[url=http://www.google.com][div=display: inline-block;]a link with no underline[/div][/url]

Here is the relevant excerpt from the spec (Text): "Note that text decorations are not propagated to floating and absolutely positioned descendants, nor to the contents of atomic inline-level descendants such as inline blocks and inline tables. "
OMG that is a-mazing! I don't understand that much of the excerpt you've pasted since I'm not very knowledgeble about coding language (I'm not sure exactly what is what and names and stuff), but wow thanks for showing me how to do that!
I shall now copy this somewhere for future reference +O+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back