Palette Challenge 2017 Reminiscent of an Ancient Scroll...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Genork Likes to Try
Success-always-demands-a-greater-effort.-Winston-S.-Churchill.jpg
Fun Quotes About Effort

"All the effort in the world won't matter if you're not inspired." ~Chuck Palahniuk

"Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought." ~Napoleon Hill

"Effort is not a responsibility of a guy, it's willingness of a guy to make his girl smile." ~Anonymous

Something I Wrote

“And then Victor offered a flower to the bunny, Maman! Isn’t that silly?” a little girl with wavy brunette hair bounced on her mother’s lap, blinking up at her with gorgeous hazel eyes.

Her mother smiled gently. “Your brother takes after his father, I’m afraid, Noelle.” She eyed the man sitting across the table from them with a teasing glint in her own hazel eyes. “Isn’t that right, Castiel?”

Castiel looked up from his flower arranging with a grin. “What can I say? Our son’s a natural flirt. To his credit, bunnies are adorable.” He stood up and walked around the table to kiss his wife on the cheek. “Just like you, Avril.”

Noelle giggled, but another voice complained, “Papa, not in front of us kids! We’re too young to witness that stuff!” A slightly older girl with curly black hair stepped into the room, her hands on her hips. Though she looked impressive, she was still far shorter than Castiel. She was the youngest of four, but her sass outmatched even that of her eldest sibling, Victor.

Avril chided, “Now, now, Rafaella. Don’t be mean.”

Rafaella flounced over to the table in a very Avril-manner. “Yes, Mama,” she replied obediently, her voice holding the same accent as her father. Victor’s voice matched theirs, while Noelle and her twin, Jacques, sounded like their mother. Their friends often marveled how the four were related at all.

Castiel ruffled Rafaella’s hair. “I thought I told you to go up to bed.”

She stuck out her tongue. “I’m not tired.” It was then she yawned.

Avril stood up with Noelle in her arms. “I think we should put them to bed ourselves, Cassy. Vic’s probably reading one of your botany books again.”

Castiel sighed. “Like father, like son, I suppose.” Nevertheless, he picked up Rafaella and led the way upstairs, passing the boys’ room, where Jacques was already sound asleep and Victor was reading by the light of his bedside lamp. “How is it that the boys are better behaved than the girls?” Castiel teased, tickling Rafaella under her chin.

It took some effort, but Avril and Castiel managed to get the girls under control and tuck them in after reading them a bedtime story. Though Noelle was a few years older than Ella, she adored having her parents read to her.

Once back downstairs, Castiel flopped down on one of the couches in the living room. “I’m exhausted and I only spent five minutes reading that book.”

With a smile, Avril laid down beside him, curling up against his chest. His arms wrapped around her and his body curled around hers. When she lifted her head, he kissed her, and they both smiled serenely. She played with his hair and asked, “Have you heard from Olly or Sky lately?”

His eyes half-closed as he gazed down at her, Castiel nodded. “Olly’s coming to visit in two weeks with Ivy. And Sky… Avie, she’s engaged now. To Ezekiel.”

Avril let out a breath. “Thank goodness. I’m so glad she’s found her happily ever after.”

Kissing her cheek, Castiel murmured, “Hers can’t possibly be happier than ours.” Pulling her snug up against him, he continued, “I love you, Azucena.”

With a giddy grin, Avril pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and tucked it around them, feeling Castiel’s warmth envelope her. She kissed the tip of his nose and said, “Je t’aime, aussi, Cassy.”

He smiled brightly and kissed her again, bringing images of sunny meadows and colorful flowers, of warm smiles and joyful tears. Never had Castiel Valdez and Avril Cavallon been so happy, even when their parents were alive. But if their ten married years had taught them anything, it was that they were happier with each other than they had ever been apart.

About This Code

Simply put, I originally worked for about two hours on this code for my roleplay,
Uncaged Blood, which soon died off. I hope to reboot it of course, but anyway... I ended up using this code for just about all of my roleplays after UB, including my character sheets and interest checks and stuff. I'm proud of it since I now don't have the time to just code. It's simple, but its simplicity is what makes me so proud of it. :)
I hope those who look at it like it too! ^^

Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

I just on a whim decided to submit this... I wanted to try. Don't mind it too much. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread