Opinion [Religion] Where my pagans at?

Hige

I am not Paul Avery
I've seen a few pagans around here, where are the rest of ya'll?

I'm a Sethian cultist, meaning I worship the Egyptian God Set primarily, but I also worship Anubis, Re, and some other gods too.

quietly salutes

I'm more of a tentative (loosely agnostic) celtic-pantheon sort-of-kind-of wiccan.
I believe more in energy than gods but am not a member of a gathering at this time.
:)

I'm glad you feel the need to contribute to a thread you can't take seriously. It's very much added to discussion. :)

Anyways, Flidais, The Morrigu, and the White Lady are a few I'm most familiar with.

I'm glad you feel the need to contribute to a thread you can't take seriously. It's very much added to discussion. :)

Anyways, Flidais, The Morrigu, and the White Lady are a few I'm most familiar with.
They sound very fascinating, especially the White Lady.

...I feel as if this was a derivative from the religion discussion but nevertheless Ill say hello. Im Wiccan, Nyxian to be exact

...I feel as if this was a derivative from the religion discussion but nevertheless Ill say hello. Im Wiccan, Nyxian to be exact

It's sort of hard for a lot of non-major religions to have discourse in a place filled with the majority - not sure if it's a disapproval thing? Anyways, nice to meet you!
Are you practicing or non?

They sound very fascinating, especially the White Lady.

The White Lady's a little bit more sombering than the other two, but the Celtics are generally lumped in (when practicing) as a Wiccan tradition, so I guess there's that.
I may start practicing sometime soon, but - we'll see.

Oh that is cool.
I was looking into making offerings to the god, Hermanubis. (A syncrenation of Hermes and Anubis)
Yeah, I know who that deity is. ^_^ I don't know that aspect as well as Hermes himself (I mean, as much as one can know a deity). So, I can't offer any advice, but I can tell you what you offer Hermes Chthonius (Hermes in his psychopomp form) -- which is garlic and figs. Pretty much a Greek night-deity/psychopomp offering. And personal gnosis? Water. Just fresh water.

May I ask why?

Yeah, I know who that deity is. ^_^ I don't know that aspect as well as Hermes himself (I mean, as much as one can know a deity). So, I can't offer any advice, but I can tell you what you offer Hermes Chthonius (Hermes in his psychopomp form) -- which is garlic and figs. Pretty much a Greek night-deity/psychopomp offering. And personal gnosis? Water. Just fresh water.

May I ask why?

I usually do offerings of wine or water, with bread or something I have for food.

Another form of Anubis -- whom I worship. I try to honor all various aspects of the gods I follow.
Like Set-Reshep, Set-Ba'al, Hermanubis & Anubis, Onuris, Onuris-Shu, ect...

I usually do offerings of wine or water, with bread or something I have for food.

Another form of Anubis -- whom I worship. I try to honor all various aspects of the gods I follow.
Like Set-Reshep, Set-Ba'al, Hermanubis & Anubis, Onuris, Onuris-Shu, ect...

Ah, so it's not a specific event, but an aspect thing.
Me, I only call on Hermes Chthonius in times of grief or, well. When I've had loved ones who are dying. That was why I asked.

*raises hand*
are these the gods in the Bible that God knocked over a bunch of times in the Old Testament?
The ones mentioned in the bible probably aren't any that have been mentioned in the thread. Also, in the Torah, original texts (which may be present in modern rendendtions, not sure) you can see some of Judaism's early polytheistic roots, such as the sycnrenzation of YWHW-El mentioned in the texts. Just an FYI.

Not a practitioner, but I study mythology (mostly egyptian, norse and greco-roman).
If I had to choose a religion though, pagan gods all the way over current ones.

*raises hand*

I'm still learning and researching, but meee.

I was raised Christian, but I have my own issues with that religion, and I was never into going to church. I never felt like I belonged. So I stopped going around my late teenage years, and a family friend introduced me to Paganism, Wiccanism and Buddism and I am studying them, trying to learn more about it.

I'm a dabbler in secular witchcraft. Being very Irish, mostly base my practices off of Irish folklore and Celtic Pagan rituals.

While I don't adhere to it as a religion per se, I do very much believe in magic and the like.

*raises hand*

I'm still learning and researching, but meee.

I was raised Christian, but I have my own issues with that religion, and I was never into going to church. I never felt like I belonged. So I stopped going around my late teenage years, and a family friend introduced me to Paganism, Wiccanism and Buddism and I am studying them, trying to learn more about it.
If you haven't already, there's a fair bit of books on paganism for beginners.

If you haven't already, there's a fair bit of books on paganism for beginners.

I have a few [although I can't pull them out where I live rn, my parents are pretty hardcore Christian] but if you have any recommendations, I'd definitely love to hear them!

I have a few [although I can't pull them out where I live rn, my parents are pretty hardcore Christian] but if you have any recommendations, I'd definitely love to hear them!
You can get some in PDFs probably, if that'd help?
The /r/Pagan Book List! Community Help Requested. • r/pagan
here are some suggestions. I don't generally read pagan books, but egyptology books for my own religion. If you need egyptology suggestions, I can give you a personal reading suggestion list.

Thanks so much!
No problem. If you need to ask for books in a specific field of paganism (hellenic, heathenary, ect) I would suggest posting on that reddit thread, it's fairly active and they can probably give you suggestions better than this site could, seeing as there's just so few pagans on here.

Not the one you were talking to but I'd love to hear egyptology suggestions.

Complete List of Ancient Gods and goddess – Richard Wilkinson

Complete List of Ancient Egyptian Temples – Richard Wilkinson

Magic in Ancient Egypt – Geraldine Pich

Red Land Black Land – Barbara Mertz

Handbook of Egyptian Mythology - Geraldine Pich

Magic in Ancient Egypt – Geraldine Pich

Following the Sun – Sharaon Labode (Kemetic Author)

Circle of the Sun - Sharon LaBode (Kemetic Author)

Religion in Ancient Egypt: Gods, Myths, and Personal Practice - Byron Shafer

The Priests of Ancient Egypt -Serge Sauneron

Conceptions of God in Ancient Egypt: The One and the Many - Erik Hornung

The Search for God in Ancient Egypt -Jan Assmann

Egyptian Solar Religion in the New Kingdom -Jan Assmann

Death and Salvation in Ancient Egypt - Jan Assmann

Death and the Afterlife in Ancient Egypt
- John Taylor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back