• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Relic Hunters (One player needed)

Nenma Takashi

Terribly Terrible
Long ago in the world of Exidose a great war broke out between the five nations. Aledrec the land known for its incredible steel weapons, Orakin the land known for its powerful magic users, Zwen the land hidden in shadow, Wilvic the land known for its beautiful wildlife, and finally known for its taboo blood magic Naldrin. In hopes of winning this war each nation developed powerful items filled with magic. These items are called Relics with these Relics in hand even a common farmer could become a powerful warrior. The only problem being the sheer power would drive most insane in a matter of weeks the nations were destroying themselves.

In hopes to save themselves before all was lost the five nations called a cease fire. Banding together they rounded up all the Relics and sealed them away in a magical vault. Centuries pass and technology has grown. Now people can soar through the air on ships that use airborn mana to sail through the air. Golems that can be controlled from the inside by people, and weapons that can fire condensed mana at a target. In these years the five nations live in peace but good cannot exist without evil. Of course bandits and the likes lurk in the shadows and it's up to guilds and their members to stop them. Yet a greater evil lays in wait growing getting stronger with each passing day.

So I'm pretty new to dming and might make mistakes along the way. I ask you to forgive me in advance other than that I feel it'll be a good time. I have an idea for the classes that I'll get to in a bit. First I wanna talk about the dice system we will use. The rules for it are simple you roll two dice this will determine a success or fail. I will only ever roll a dice against you if an npc is attacking or attempting a similar action. The conditions for success and failure are as such.

•1-3 Failure-Ya don goofed. Whatever it is you were trying to do well it didn't happen and in fact something bad happened to you or someone around you cause of it. Ex. You went to attack and instead hit a nearby ally in the fight, or you try and jump a gap and don't make it falling.
4-6 Semi-failure Ya don sorta goofed. You tried but things didn't work out in your favor but not completely, it wasn't great but it could of been worse. Ex. You went to attack and just missed, or you went to jump a gap missed but have enough time to try something else.
•7-9 Semi-success-You did it!....sorta. While you managed to do what you wanted it costed you something. Ex. You roll to attack something you'd hit it but most likely get hit as well, or you wanna jump a gap you'd make it but probably drop an item in the process.
•10-12 Success-You really did it!- Now your just showing off like I mean it's unbelievable how awesome what you just did was. Ex. You wanted to smack away an enemy sword but in the process you also managed to slice off their hand, or you wanted to jump a gap and made it like it was a crack in the sidewalk.

Pretty simple right good now onto the classes for this rp!

Warrior-Your the typical warrior sword and shield in hand you have a nice blend of attack and defense. With your jack of all trades nature you can wield most melee weapons.
Thief-Not the toughest you are pretty damn fast, and nimble as well. With these skills it'd be real easy to pocket some spare coins. Small body means small weapons are your bread and butter.
Mage-Fireball! Thunderbolt! Sticks to snakes! I swear that last one is real! You know the drill your the magic man casting spells and looking good while doing it. All this magic means you had little time to be swinging around any type of weapon sadly.
Bard-Yo DJ spin that track! As the bard it's your job to keep the teams spirits up with magical tunes that can boost morale or enrage foes. Your fragile fingers can only handle so much which is why you ue mostly small swords and daggers.
Engineer-It's a new world order and that means new inventions and fun tech to play with. While not the toughest the things you make more than make up for it. All this heavy lifting lets ya swing around some pretty big hammers and axes.
Fighter-Sword? Shield? Weapon? Ya mean me? As the fighter you deal out damage by the dozen just be mindful of the swinging swords. Not much armor seems to make you very weak to those it seems.

Now of course no one stays the same forever so that's where rank up gets involved. When one gets good enough with a class they rank up. The ranked up class will be a discussion between me and you to find out what the ranked up version would be.

With those classes comes a system I call the fusion class system. If you have mastered a class and have minor proficiency in another class. Rather than simply ranking up in that class you can blend the second class with your first. The fusion class will be talked between us the topic of course about what this form has got, from magic to apperance.

Last edited:
You know what? I'm not looking to get into a diceless rp, nor a dedicated system with 100 pages of documentation. However I do have a few concerns which might be deal breakers depending on your answers.

1. 50 % fail rate is huge. Depending on how damage and consequences are doled out, this could be fatal during the first encounter in the rp.
2. Do you actually have a system for ranking up and the fusion class system?

You know what? I'm not looking to get into a diceless rp, nor a dedicated system with 100 pages of documentation. However I do have a few concerns which might be deal breakers depending on your answers.

1. 50 % fail rate is huge. Depending on how damage and consequences are doled out, this could be fatal during the first encounter in the rp.
2. Do you actually have a system for ranking up and the fusion class system?
1.With a system like this I don't count as losing all health as being "dead" for a reason I can't say now fatal encounters don't mean out of the rp.
2.Each fight would give xp with enough xp one levels up. A level 10 warrior would be able to rank up or keep leveling up. From there they can rank up into a class based on their best stats and previous rolls they made/how they rped the character. On the other hand they could hold off spend skill points from leveling up to learn minor skills of another class. After learning three skill from a separate class they can fusion rank up. Based on the two classes and even if two people use the same two classes they could still be two different fusion classes. Since fusion classes similar to rank ups are also based on stats and way one rped their character.

typically modifiers are used (for example, a warrior might have a +2 to a strength check while a mage might have a +2 to an intelligence check). now that I'm thinking about it, I don't really have the time to do something like this, but I'm still willing to offer ideas

Hey Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi . I saw you in this thread when I was looking for a dice rps and I definitely am interested But you seriously need to lower the failure rate. Otherwise, how about separating the chances of Failure to Slight Failure and Actual Failure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back