• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Released into the Wild OCC

FireMaiden FireMaiden any thoughts between Addilyn and Lied as the two who appear most human + same age? o:
I think they would be close. Addilyn is really patient and understanding when it comes to her siblings, so there's no exclusion with Lied. She'd also try not to get him to engage in conversation as long as he would listen to her talk about stuff every once in a while, or unless it would be absolutely necessary.

I think they would be close. Addilyn is really patient and understanding when it comes to her siblings, so there's no exclusion with Lied. She'd also try not to get him to engage in conversation as long as he would listen to her talk about stuff every once in a while, or unless it would be absolutely necessary.
That would work! Also Lied is actually fine with listening to someone's ramblings, and the reason why he happens to be a better listener than a talker is due to not knowing what to say most of the time, so as long as the person speaking to him is aware of that, he generally has no issues.

That would work! Also Lied is actually fine with listening to someone's ramblings, and the reason why he happens to be a better listener than a talker is due to not knowing what to say most of the time, so as long as the person speaking to him is aware of that, he generally has no issues.
Another thought, he could possibly help her with some of her bad days. Addilyn has really bad depression, so it's always there but she can deal with it most of the time. On days she can't, Lied could come and sit with her and keep her company. Making she drinks and eats at least a little bit. They don't even have to talk.

Another thought, he could possibly help her with some of her bad days. Addilyn has really bad depression, so it's always there but she can deal with it most of the time. On days she can't, Lied could come and sit with her and keep her company. Making she drinks and eats at least a little bit. They don't even have to talk.
I think I can actually pick another point off of this. Knowing Lied, he'd probably feel intrigued (though also mildly concerned) by how affected Addilyn is by her depression when it really hits low, so that'd probably be a reason why he chooses to stick around and help out.
Just a question though. Would Addilyn happen to know sign language or would he have to use a phone or notepad to converse when he feels that he needs to?

I think I can actually pick another point off of this. Knowing Lied, he'd probably feel intrigued (though also mildly concerned) by how affected Addilyn is by her depression when it really hits low, so that'd probably be a reason why he chooses to stick around and help out.
Just a question though. Would Addilyn happen to know sign language or would he have to use a phone or notepad to converse when he feels that he needs to?
Ha, funny you ask that. Addilyn does know ASL. There's a reason in her backstory that isn't going to be revealed yet for why she knows it, but she learned a long time ago.

Ha, funny you ask that. Addilyn does know ASL. There's a reason in her backstory that isn't going to be revealed yet for why she knows it, but she learned a long time ago.
It's all for convenience sips tea
But yeah I asked since understanding ASL would make Lied feel more comfortable around a person since he doesn't have to write things down on a phone for even the simplest of phrases. i guess he feels a little less estranged?

It's all for convenience sips tea
But yeah I asked since understanding ASL would make Lied feel more comfortable around a person since he doesn't have to write things down on a phone for even the simplest of phrases. i guess he feels a little less estranged?
Woo! Depression buddies!

I imagine that Sol would be a willing mentor, but perhaps not as effective as he'd like due to the difference in their body structures. However he'd still do his best to help with what he can, and would invest quite a bit of time and effort into researching from any materials that might be of help to teach her how to fly (as well as to why they might have appeared so late in life). He's able to empathize with wanting to be like the other fliers because he spent the majority of his childhood trapped in the medical wing without being able to interact much with the other hybrids. For the most part he's confident that she'll be able to fly properly one day and he's excited to have someone that he can possibly race with in the future ^^.

Something that might have strained their relationship though would be the fact that despite his usually amicable nature, Sol goes through 'solitary' periods; avoiding contact with others and sometimes regressing to a more feral state of mind. These can occur at random or as a result of being triggered by high stress levels or his seizures. During these periods he would avoid her as much as anyone else, and I don't imagine that would be a very pleasent experience for her.

Mia is affable, and rather easy come easy go about a lot of things. Perhaps because so many of her siblings need their quiet spaces. However, once her wings started being useful she probably looked to Sol and Lysander for guidance, and it would hurt, if Sol wasn't there for her a time or two. She'd probably repress it and go on. Lysander as a tough older brother works for me. She'll try to do right by him and make him proud, in a plodding persistent way. She might also mentally curse him too - in a comradely manner.

I was thinking about the mechanics of flying and it seems like it would be tough to keep your legs out like superman, they'd probably want to hang down and dangle there. Can I give Sol credit for coming up with a harness that goes over her shoulders and hooks onto her boots? This helps her to arc her entire body when she glides. It gives her legs something to do and makes them a part of the action. Also, the boots might have a tail fin. Mia's wings popped around age 13 and started to be functional by 14. She is an accomplished glider by now and can prolong it with some wing flaps. If the winds are right, she can fly for a time. Vertical take off is still just a morning exercise but is rapidly improving.

Re: Everyone else
Mia was one of the normal looking kids until about 12. What effect did her change have on other's attitudes toward her? Learning to fly bonded her with at least 2 brothers, how did she get on with her sisters?

I think it's safe to assume we've all picked up at least a little ASL living with Lied. Say 20-50 gestures? Mia knows how to spell with her fingers and can read it - slowly. Mia probably views Lied as a bit different than the rest - whatever that means - on account that he can't talk. But he's alright, and dependable in his own way, and he's family, so that's ok. He can go on being Lied.

hmm, idk yet Vispir is the eldest yet doesn't act like one, she tries to distance herself from her predatory nature by eating cooked meat, veggies and fruits and loves music. Maybe Sol like Vispir's calm and soothing music? and he is also like a lil devil trying to entice her into eating raw meat?

I like both of those ideas. If she's not very serious, he'd probably be a bit more playful around her and often try and engage her to play games or simply hang around Vispir to enjoy the easy-going atmosphere. He'd banter with her about things like eating raw meat for sure, and he'd also definitely love to hear her playing music. Maybe it helps calm him down when he's feeling a little more feral? Being the oldest does Visper have experience dealing with some of the other hybrids issues? He might ask her about that on occasion to help with his own problems.

Cooked food is gross ;P
Mia is affable, and rather easy come easy go about a lot of things. Perhaps because so many of her siblings need their quiet spaces. However, once her wings started being useful she probably looked to Sol and Lysander for guidance, and it would hurt, if Sol wasn't there for her a time or two. She'd probably repress it and go on. Lysander as a tough older brother works for me. She'll try to do right by him and make him proud, in a plodding persistent way. She might also mentally curse him too - in a comradely manner.

I was thinking about the mechanics of flying and it seems like it would be tough to keep your legs out like superman, they'd probably want to hang down and dangle there. Can I give Sol credit for coming up with a harness that goes over her shoulders and hooks onto her boots? This helps her to arc her entire body when she glides. It gives her legs something to do and makes them a part of the action. Also, the boots might have a tail fin. Mia's wings popped around age 13 and started to be functional by 14. She is an accomplished glider by now and can prolong it with some wing flaps. If the winds are right, she can fly for a time. Vertical take off is still just a morning exercise but is rapidly improving.

Re: Everyone else
Mia was one of the normal looking kids until about 12. What effect did her change have on other's attitudes toward her? Learning to fly bonded her with at least 2 brothers, how did she get on with her sisters?

I think it's safe to assume we've all picked up at least a little ASL living with Lied. Say 20-50 gestures? Mia knows how to spell with her fingers and can read it - slowly. Mia probably views Lied as a bit different than the rest - whatever that means - on account that he can't talk. But he's alright, and dependable in his own way, and he's family, so that's ok. He can go on being Lied.

I love the harness idea and I would totally be up for Sol inventing all sorts of contraptions to help her with flying. Maybe he's even made a sort of training/obstacle course that she could use in the compound? It could be something that she's able to gradually progress through ( ex. Maybe the first section is mainly gliding and it gradually works up to powered flight and maneuvering) and they could use some sort of marker to keep track of how far she gets each time. This is also giving me ideas for other things he might make: like chairs, furniture, and clothes that winged hybrids can use comfortably.

So I don't know about any relationships but I could probably add what Kris would think of everyone, maybe.

FireMaiden FireMaiden - Addilyn
Kris probably wouldn't admit but he appreciates their being another Hybrid to help take care of everyone. He also feels the need to protect her and watch over her more form the backgrounds because he knows she can handle herself, but not everyone can handle eveything alone so whenever she does neeed help, he'll be there.

MsPolite MsPolite - Vispir
As the oldest, Kris has a lot of admiration for Vispir, especially considering how she's the one that most closely resembles the animal part of her hybridism more than anyone. Despite this, he does dislike her laziness and probably tries to get her to be more active in things. However, he also admires her persistence of trying to get everyone to eat together during meals.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki - Lysander
Lysande is probably the one Kris would look after the most. Despite what everyone would think, when Lysander consistently breaks the rules, Kris doesn't mind. However, Kris always follows to make sure he doesn't go too far. Kris definitely sees the resemblance between Lysander and Ally, and that's probably the reason he's so laid back with his actions. However, unlike with Ally, Kris knows when to spot danger and force his siblings from doing something.

Abyss Abyss - Sol
I really don't know yet

eyflfla eyflfla Taishou Taishou
I have to go to school, so I'll get to you guys later

Okay, Free Time! To continue

eyflfla eyflfla
Kris would probably be most protective of her, due to her being the youngest, as well as being so small. He feels bad for her, but at the same time admires her determination to make the best of her situation. He is also a bit saddened that he isn't able to help her learn to fly due to his lack of wings, but he's happy that the others are helping her out. He also listens in whenever she plays the flute and sometimes sings along. Although, he makes sure to keep it down to a few seconds so no one catches him.

Taishou Taishou
Kris feels like Lied reminds him a lot of himself, albeit a more "impossible" version (Kris just didn't like to talk to others, but Lied can't talk to others & Kris doesn't like showing his emotions, but sometimes Kris doubts Lied has emotions). (It'd be cool if they were emotion buddies, and helped each other learn about the emotions and how to express them to others. XD) Anyway, back on topic, Kris learned sign language for the sole purpose of being able to understand Lied. Overall, Kris feels like Lied is definitely the sibling he's most intrigued by, although Kris does get annoyed everytime Lied goes into and opens items, which usually end with something bad happening.

EDIT : For most part, their interactions would probably get awkward very quickly, due to their quiet and passive natures. To be fair though, I do love awkward moments in RP's XD

Webs Elk Webs Elk
Mia would be fine with that. She doesn't see what all the fuss is about, but if it makes Kris happy she's happy to let him play the protective role. She's caught him singing out of the corner of her eye, and makes sure to play pieces with lyrics if she thinks he's nearby.

FireMaiden FireMaiden
Mia probably has an idea of Addilyn as the older sister who has it all together. The fact that this is not true is lost to Mia, and might make for some interesting character development.

Webs Elk Webs Elk
Whoops sorry. Was having some internet issues these past few days...

I'd actually feel bad for Kris during those awkward moments lol. Although they'd both do well to bounce off of each other in terms of expressing themselves, Lied also has no sense of shame sometimes (hence why he often sees opening things he shouldn't as an extension of solving puzzles), so it's probably every time their interactions go dead, he just shrugs it off, though he might regret it later. :'D

Lied would definitely appreciate the fact that Kris learned sign language though

MsPolite MsPolite - Viper - Particularly protective of Viper, Addilyn is always trying to help her. Having learned tricks to keep her grounded and stable. Strong enough to handle her, Addilyn is also unafraid to work with her.

Webs Elk Webs Elk - Kris - Her best friend.

Taishou Taishou - Lied - She's pretty close to Lied even if he doesn't speak. Every once in a while she talks to him about her problems and sometimes just sits with him to keep him company. But She can actively engage in conversation with him because she knows ASL.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki - Anders - He's distant, and Addilyn respects that. She cares for him of course, but tends to leave him to his own devices because of they way he his.

eyflfla eyflfla - Mia - Another one she's rather protective of, it's mostly because she's small and easily breaks. Addilyn likes to work with and encourage her, but also make sure she doesn't get hurt to much. A bright side though, Addilyn has a rather extensive knowledge of first aid because of Mia.

LocKeii LocKeii - Jack - Ah, the beautiful stranger. Addilym may be wary of him, yet she's very open to getting to know him. But, he better know she'll rip him in half if he does anything to hurt her siblings.

Yeah, Mia had a very hands on first-aid learning experience. Injuries don't bother her as much as others, she knows what to do about them.

LocKeii LocKeii - Jack - Ah, the beautiful stranger. Addilym may be wary of him, yet she's very open to getting to know him. But, he better know she'll rip him in half if he does anything to hurt her siblings.

In turn Jack would most likely be interested in her biological makeup appearance and how, like her brother (Lied), seem to have retained very little physical characteristics from their animal counterpart yet still exhibit animalistic abilities/tendencies.

Personally he may find her lack of control to be irritating but will admire her sense of initiative and strength to carry out whatever she puts her mind to. During her bouts of depression he won't hesitate to offer a silent ear, a simple distraction, or some much needed space depending on what she says and what his intuition tells him.

For likes, they could bond over books, maybe exchanging favorite novels and discussing preferences in genre/authors. For some reason Jack also lacks a spicy taste bud so he wouldn't shy away from strong flavors if she ever just needs someone to share a bag of flaming hot cheetos with.

Her tendency to "accidentally sneak" would be another source of annoyance but other than being 'caught off guard' he'll keep his distaste to himself. Unless of course Addilyn sees something she isn't supposed to.

Ok... What do you guys think. Shall we just get things started rather than wait for more to join?

I'm up for getting this show on the road. Will there be a posting order? I hate accidentally messing with someone's post 'plans' before they even get a chance to put it up.

Mia is really meant to be a cheerful character. But today is a black day.

Also, if I post too much, someone throw a brake at me. This is my first group forum rp. I don't want to screw it up.

VV Woops (It's cuz of your picture)

Last edited:
Mia is really meant to be a cheerful character. But today is a black day.

Also, if I post too much, someone throw a brake at me. This is my first group forum rp. I don't want to screw it up.

Keep it >=paragraph and you are golden. The only thing: The time is currently well into sunset not morming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back