• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Relationship Program - Season 1

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]
o0652088911386825195.jpg
[class=Notes] //the image in the cirlce and the border// [/class]
[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]

Send-Off Day:
When the guy allowed her to sit with him, she beams him a smile. It was kind of him to offer to help her with her luggage, but she preferred to keep it by her feet, in case she didn't something on the plane ride. After all, she wasn't sure where they were going and how long the first plane ride would be. "No thank you, I'll keep it under my seat," with that she sits down next to him, waiting for him to sit down first. She takes her small bag and tucks it under her seat. She turns to look at him, her company for the plane ride for now. She was studying his features for now, finding him to be handsome, but doesn't stare too long at him, not wanting to seem creepy after all. Mei briefly looks up when some more people come into the plane. This was going to be great. Honestly, she couldn't wait to meet everyone. "I'm Mei," she says politely as she turns back to the man next to her, holding out her hand to shake. The plane was starting to fill with chatter and it made her happy. There was also some soft strumming every once in awhile, but Mei didn't get the chance to see where the music was coming from. It was getting harder to hear as the chatter picked up, but it was still nice to hear every once in awhile. Mei wondered who was in charge and when they would be arriving on board. She also wasn't sure how many more people had to come on board before the plane took off.

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting: CaptainMcNoob CaptainMcNoob
Located: Private Plane
Mentioned:
code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Outfit:
40003018.jpg

Day of the Email
Vienna
February 1, 20XX

Snow was still in the air. Not that unusual for Vienna in February, and Nathan was actually happy about it. As much as he loved Rome, and all the things that he had been working on back there, he would never get used to the temperatures.
Winter was also always slow for him, low temperatures and rain or snow in the air meant working on outdoor restauration projects was impossible, and even indoors was harder when the ventilation was poor.
So as always, he had taken time off his job, and had come over to visit his parents. That usually was enough to make up for the weeks and months he spent on the job, with little more than a phone call in between, when the time differences were not too big.
He liked being home in winter, and he even liked shoveling snow in the morning, knowing full well that he'd get to enjoy a hot cup of coffee and breakfast the moment he stepped back into the house.
Back into the house he slipped off his jacket and gloves, and grabbed his first cup of coffee for the morning to get some feeling back into his fingers.
More out of habit than necessity he checked over his emails, not that he was expecting to see anything important.
Spam, some class reunion invitation he was not going to attend, holiday pictures from a friend in Australia - and then he froze.
For a moment he didn't even know where that mail had come from, and then he remembered.
Rome, one of their last evenings together. They'd all been drinking and chatting for a while, when one of his colleagues had mentioned the lottery, the option to travel the world and the 'experience of a lifetime'.
Of course then it had only been a matter of time until someone has mentioned that they all should try, and that the lucky winner would have to at least pay for dinner the next time they all met each other.
Big laughter had followed, jokes about how they'd end up in there together anyway, and they had filled out the applications.
And now, weeks and months later after he'd almost forgotten about it, here it was.
Not just confirmation that he'd indeed signed up for this, but that he had really, actually won!
The forgotten coffee still in one hand, phone in the other, Nathan walked into the kitchen, and didn't even realize that his mother was chiding him for being on the phone when he was supposed to be eating.
„I'm terribly sorry... but I think I'll have to cut my vacation short.“ He was still grinning goofily when he passed the phone around for everyone to take a look.

Sendoff Day
JFK Airport
March 1, 20XX

A month had seemed like a pretty long time to prepare, and all of a sudden the day of departure had already been there, and Nathan found himself in the busy JFK on a march morning. He'd said goodbye to his family back in Europe already, and had boarded a plane to America so that he'd be able to get on the actual plane to a surprise destination.
By some miracle his luggage had made it without getting lost somewhere in Dubai, although he hadn't brought much luggage with him. Nathan had always been a light traveler, very few things were so important to him that they couldn't be bought at his destination, and those fit easily into the backpack he used as a carry-on.
But his luggage making it had come at another cost, and he felt as if he was already running late when he was boarding the plane that would take him to his surprise destination, even though the attendant assured him that he was still on time.
It did seems as if most of the other winners were already there though, and Nathan stopped briefly in the doorway, trying to pick out a seat that was not taken yet.
Eventually he did decide on a small group of two women and a young man in glasses, and moved over to where they were sitting.
„Excuse me, is that seat taken?“ The women seemed to be sitting next to each other, but the seat next to the young man looked empty to him.

Interactions: Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy , KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

evalynhenryheader-jpg.473885
evalynhenryside-jpg.473886

Sendoff Day
JFK Airport
March 1, 20XX
"It's nice to meet you Juliette," Henry greeted, his smile still on his face.
Maybe it won't be so bad after all, Henry thought as he listened to Juliette explain what Evalyn and herself have been talking about. He thought about it for a bit before he answered, "Places I would like to go... I mean I am a photographer so anywhere with breathtaking views would be great to photograph during this trip. There are plenty of places that have hidden gems, so it only means, I'm going to search for them."
"You're a photographer?"Evalyn exclaimed as she glanced at Henry, "That sounds like an amazing job to have."
"It is," he directed his smile toward her now, "It's a slow startup, but once you make a name for yourself you get to do plenty of projects while enjoying what nature has to offer."
Evalyn grinned, knowing what he means with the slow start up. It was hard getting her work out there when she was in college, but when it did, so many doors opened up. Which helped keep her son perfectly taken care of by herself. Henry was about to speak again when an older man compared to Henry, came up beside him. He looked very handsome, but it was his accent that caught her attention before she even noticed him.
Henry looked up, noticing the man before him. He couldn't deny that the man was attractive which the accent only made it more promient. "Oh, go ahead," Henry offered, motioning to the open seat beside him.
Evalyn nodded as well as she continued off Henry, "Of course. Like Juliette said earlier, the more the merrier."
"My name's Henry, by the way," Henry offered him his hand to the man in greeting.
"Evalyn, nice to meet you," Evalyn offered he had as well after Henry's lead.

evalynhenryfooter-jpg.473884

Graphics and Code by KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Nanook Ochoa
Day 0 - Sendoff
March 1
Queens, NY ~ On plane @ JFK Intl. Airport
"Ah, okay, good." Nanook chuckled and relaxed in his seat when Jennifer let him know he hadn't made her uncomfortable. She then went on to talk about playing guitar. "That's good. You should play me something some time. I'd love to hear what you can do." He was about to say something else when one of the steward's was passing. He hoped she didn't find him rude for stopping suddenly, but he had to admit he'd been eyeing her cup of tea since they began talking.

"Excuse me," he called to get the steward's attention. "Can I have--" He stalled, second guessing what he planned to order. He really wanted to order a glass of red wine, but he knew he'd end up having at least three glasses. Nanook was by no means an alcoholic; he just had a cycle: the first glass was for taste, the second was to remember the first, and the third was for that pleasant little buzz...as well as anything beyond that (except you kind of exceeded 'buzzed' by the fifth glass). He was still very tempted to order wine, but he decided these people didn't know him well enough yet to tolerate him on a buzzed level. "I'll have peppermint or any sort of mint tea, if you've got it. Thank you."

The steward nodded. "Sure thing. I'll be right back, sir." Then he continued on his way.

Nanook then looked back at Jennifer. Having forgotten what he was going to say before, he moved on from the topic. "Isn't all this amazing?" His eyes did a swift pan around the plane before returning to her. "Are you excited?"
Interactions: Jennifer Jel.XP Jel.XP

Sendoff Day

8ac5f24709e31dfadd065305c8552c7e.gif
Juliette listened to what Henry said it was nice to see that it wasn't awkward after she just call him out of nowhere and at first he seemed like he wanted to be alone but in reality he seemed like a good guy "You are a photographer? That's amazing! I study journalism and I did have to learn a little bit of photgraphy but I'm pretty sure I'm nothing compared to you" She admitted "It would be nice to learn something from a profesional I'm sure it would be useful for my assignments" She added jokingly "Well we already know that Henry is a photgrapher and I'm a college student what about you Evalyn? she asked her curiously. After she said the voice of a man with a strong accent was direct to them. Juliette turn to see him he was older than the three of them and he was quite attractive but he wasn't Juliette's type. He asked them if he could join them and he took a seat next to Henry After Evalyn and Henry introduce themselves to the man she speak to him for the first time "I'm Juliette, nice to meet you" She said as she offered her hand as a way of greeting "You already know our names so I guess it's your turn to introduce yourself" she added to their new adition of their unique group.

88b76ad67490000959d10c94fc958761.jpg

Interacting: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint rdctve rdctve

code by pasta

[class=y]
background:transparent;
padding: 7px;
Height: 280px;
Width: 157px;
transition-duration: 0.9s;
z-index:-1;
color:transparent;
[/class][class name=y state=hover]
background-color: #6699cc;
opacity:0.8;
color:white;
width:163px;
height:286px;
[/class][div class=y]
location. in the plane | tags. vixe vixe | outfit. xx
The Badboy

After answering Arden's question and asking the same question to her as she did to him, he took a couple sips of his beet while waiting for her respone, he understood that she could just be finding the perfect words to say, and hopfully she can be honest and just like he was honest to her.

“I’m trying to find myself, honestly. My parents kept me sheltered my entire life. They don’t even know I’m on this or they would flip their shit. I’m looking for my person. I thought maybe if I could find my person I could find myself along with it.”, she said to him.

As she spoke he listen to her and hell that's a pretty good ass reason for her to be on this trip and hell he did always enjoy when someone was rebellious to his parents he can relate in that matter, but looking for that one person to find yourself is actually not a bad idea since when you find your person you always learn new things about each other and yourself.

Before Chris could reply she cuts in saying "Is that stupid? Am I here for the wrong reason?", I looked up at her and says "Of course not we all have our reason to be here, don't think that you are here for the wrong reason and trust me nothing is stupid in my book but my two idiotic roommates", he says with a chuckle trying to lighten up the mood.

[/div]

After answering Arden's question and asking the same question to her as she did to him, he took a couple sips of his beet while waiting for her respone, he understood that she could just be finding the perfect words to say, and hopfully she can be honest and just like he was honest to her.

“I’m trying to find myself, honestly. My parents kept me sheltered my entire life. They don’t even know I’m on this or they would flip their shit. I’m looking for my person. I thought maybe if I could find my person I could find myself along with it.”, she said to him.

As she spoke he listen to her and hell that's a pretty good ass reason for her to be on this trip and hell he did always enjoy when someone was rebellious to his parents he can relate in that matter, but looking for that one person to find yourself is actually not a bad idea since when you find your person you always learn new things about each other and yourself.

Before Chris could reply she cuts in saying "Is that stupid? Am I here for the wrong reason?", I looked up at her and says "Of course not we all have our reason to be here, don't think that you are here for the wrong reason and trust me nothing is stupid in my book but my two idiotic roommates", he says with a chuckle trying to lighten up the mood.
ps. hovers and scrolls in coding

Sendoff Day
March 1
JFK Airport

Jennifer smiled, "Sure, I'd be happy to play for you." Jennifer waited for him to finish talking to the stewardess. She started to think about his interest in my music. It was refreshing to meet someone who cared. Nanook seemed like a really sweet guy. Not to mention that his hair is amazing. Jennifer laughed a little while she thought, he name was pretty cute too. Maybe being open to a potential relationship at some point on this trip wouldn't be too bad.
"Yeah," Jennifer said while looking around the plane. "This is truly amazing. I never thought I'd be on a private jet. Traveling the world. It's like I'm in a fairytale." Jennifer giggled as she moved her hair behind her ear. "So what are some of your interests?" Jennifer sat up a little straighter and watched Nanook intently.

Interactions: Aato Aato

Day of the Email
February 1st
Oxford University, UK
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The day the email arrived, Anastasia Kira Alonsie, was in her afternoon lecture at Oxford University. The small class of 38 students had just finished taking their seats. The noise wasn't eliminated yet, as they fished in their bags for computers, pens, papers and textbooks. Not that Annie minded just yet. She was too busy fishing out her own things. Her notes were first to emerge, then her pointer, pens, and her laptop. The 31 year old pushed everything else aside, including her tea, to plug it into the overhead projector. Normally, teachers used the in built computers and simply signed into their accounts to get things started faster, but Annie wasn't exactly a normal teacher. She didn't trust the system anyways. Anything could go wrong, and she trusted her material above all things. The process was longer, but it was worth it when her students actually learnt something. It was what made her a favourite at the university. Even if she was only there twice a week.
"I want to see every one of your charts finished by the end of this lecture. I don't care if you've done it already or if you scribble it now. Just make sure it's right." She addressed her class distractedly. Not that they noticed. Yet.
While she waited for the technology to do its thing, her mind wandered off to the lottery being drawn that morning. Despite her insistence that she didn't need it, Rosie took control of the situation and Annie's name now rested among the potential candidates. She wondered if she might be chosen. She would take it. In a heartbeat; as much as she says otherwise. Still there was fear that she would be picked.
Her thoughts had consumed her so much that a loud shout from one of her students snapped her out of her gaze on the floor. Annie's eyes widened in surprise at herself, and at the sudden loud noise. Immediately her attention went to Tom in the highest row. He was almost as genius as her. Almost.
With a laugh of surprise, Annie put her hands on her hips. "Was that necessary Tom?!" The poor boy sunk in his seat with red cheeks, causing majority of the class to laugh. Annie couldn't help but do so as well. She shook her head and re-positioned herself in front of her computer to begin the lesson, all the while her students continued to tease Tom.
"Alright, alright. Calm down people, it's just a-" Annie stopped dead in her tracks. Her mind stopped working for a moment. There was no way. The students already paying attention to the screen in front of them began to whisper to each other in realisation of what was on it. Unbeknownst to Annie [mildly to Rosie] the students caught word of their lecturers entry into the draw. They spoke no word of it. Till now.
"Oh my god. She got in." A stunned student right up the front, Elizabeth her name was, spoke out loud and didn't regret it. Majority of the class turned to her same as Annie did. Everyone had some sort of accusatory look on their face.
Annie spluttered for a moment. "How did you-?"
Almost as quick as she was cut short, Annie emitted a shout along with some of the students. Rosie [who knew], had just come crashing in through the wooden classroom with her laptop in her arms and a look of glee spread across her features for her genius best friend.
"Kira! You won't believe-!" Rosie cut herself short when she registered Annie's face. She looked pissed. While her students were pissing themselves laughing.
"Oh....oh...I am so-Oh hey! You've seen the email!" The students still amazed by their class events hollered and cheered. They probably didn't mean to mock their lecturer. She'd get them back for it later. "I'm gonna need a moment people~"
Annie breathed a deep sigh of dis-contempt as Rosie came closer so they could analyse the email together. This had better be worth it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day 0 - Sendoff
March 1st
JFK Airport
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If Annie hadn't needed to go through the motions [those being customs and the likes] she could have avoided this royal mess. The flock of news reporters, photographers and journalists in her way made it very hard to concentrate on one thing. Her own private jet had landed on the air strip, and she got a glimpse of the LifeCom plane on her way inside. The wind was a little heavy when she arrive, so she rushed it. But that was an hour ago. It was more than just formalities. The only real piece of advice given to her so far was to make sure she turned up at the gate. Just like everyone else, anyone who cared would know she made it on to the trip.
Annie was just glad the bottle neck wasn't as drastic as Rosie made it out to be over the phone. On her way in, she needed to hang up on her best friend, but having her support till then made it a little easier to breath when strangers began hounding her as she approached the gate. The man and the woman with her, courtesy of her parents greatest concerns, were on the job to allow Annie to pass through unharmed. As much as she really hated the statement she made, she did not want to suffer an attack in front of millions.
Her carry on luggage rolled across the floor by her side as she stepped up to the cheery airport staff. The sign above her head made her smile a little as they searched for her name and readied themselves for their last escort.
"Ms. Alonsie. This way please." The kindest face Annie had ever seen stepped from nowhere and gestured for Annie to join him.
With a smile, she turned to the two behind her. "Thank you both, for your help. I hope my mother paid you well," she mused. They were only around for an hour or so.
The male, Alex, shook his head with a laugh. "It was our pleasure. But our job isn't done yet."
Annie's smile fell into a grimace for a moment. Just what she didn't want.
She nodded and faux shrugged herself back around to follow. "I'm sorry, what was your name?" Her guide turned to her. "Simon. Miss." The young man set them all up in the cart, and before she knew it, Annie was stepping out on to the tarmac and bidding goodbye to the bodyguards that stood at the end of the stairs. Her black boots clicked on the metal all the way up, most probably alerting people inside to her presence.
When she stepped inside she was greeted by staff. Annie had only smiles for them as she went further in. The space was lavish. She wasn't surprised to find it far more lavish than her ride there. She was asked ever so kindly if she'd like a drink by a man to her left.
"Yes. Earl Grey tea, half a sugar, please. Thank you."
As her eyes began to meet people, she copped nerves. A breath in, and one out would do for now. Each "winner" she passed held a beauty she was pretty sure she expected. Events like this just loved to turn out that way. The other girls appeared younger than herself, but what she to know yet. Each one obviously held a pretty stark contrast to herself and each other. Even the men she eyed momentarily had their stark differences....and their great attributes. Still offering polite smiles to the people she still wasn't ready to talk to yet, Annie continued down the plane to a seat not far off from a pretty well dressed man. He sported a tamed beard and a strong look. He was handsome. Though it looked like she was assisting another beautiful woman with her luggage. for a moment she thought the scene was adorable. The three of them were farthest down. She liked not having eyes behind her. It calmed her nerves.
It only took her picking up her luggage to realize her short height would be no match for the overhead. She shook her head at herself and opted to pull out a couple things before she committed to the struggle of her life.
While she set herself up, a hostess walked over with a gentle smile. "Ms Alonsie. Your tea." She held forward a warm cup. Annie could see the steam rising from the tea she asked for. "Thankyou. Oh, could I get some help?" The taller woman smiled. "Not a problem."
Annie was quick to close her bag up and the hostess easily placed it in the overhead.
"Let me know if there's anything else you need. Enjoy your flight Ms Alonsie."
Quite satisfied with her place now, Annie began removing her coat. All the while eyeing her tea. She hadn't had anything since her flight. Come to think of it, she wondered if she could grab a snack as she sat. In front of her was her journal, a case of writing utensils, her tea, and her favourite book.

large.jpg

Last edited:
Sendoff
LifeCom Private Plane
March 1, 20XX

As soon as the last of the participants entered the plane, the director cleared his throat before directing his attention to everyone in the room. "I'm glad to see you have all made on time. Unfortunately, it has been brought to my attention that three of the participants will not be joining you on this trip. Now, I want to start off by saying, Congratulations to everyone here today. As you all know, this is a year-long adventure where you get to travel the world, while making connections with each other. Whether it is a romantic one or a friendly one, we wish you luck. Even though you start here at JFK Airport, you will be traveling to Edinburgh, Scotland where you will be staying for a week to explore what Scotland has to offer."

The director motioned to the Coordinator to continue and she did, "You will all be staying in the Old Town Chambers Hotel near the St. Giles' Cathedral and, as well as near the Waverly Railroad Station where you will be free to travel anywhere around Scotland if you wish to venture out. A Scotland representative for the Program will be there to help in any way, as well as guide you to the next location at the end of the week."

The female coordinator took a step back, allowing the Director to speak up again, "Enjoy your travels and company. If you wish to step away from the traveling at any time due to an emergency, you will have the ability to return once the emergency has been handled. Goodbye, everyone!"

Airbus-floor-plan-horizontal-small.png
The Director and Coordinator exited the plane as one of the flight attendants took the front and began to explain some of the rules. "Hello everyone, my name is Hailey and I will be one of your flight attendants during this trip. Behind me, back toward the plane's exit, leads to the cockpit and entourage area where myself and Erica, your other flight attendant, will be located if you require anything from us." Motioning toward the back of the plane she continued, "You are all in the main VIP area where at the most fourteen of you can take as your seat as we depart. A secondary VIP area is located past the first washroom in the plane, which can seat up to five people. Once the plane has entered into a safe altitude, you are free to get out of your seats and explore. There is a main restroom at the very back where you can shower if you wish to do so. With that said, please begin to find your seats and buckle up. We will be departing in the next ten minutes."

Hailey bowed her head to the group as she turned back into the entourage area where Erica, the second flight attendant, was working to secure the area for departure. The cockpit door closed lightly. A minute later the captain's voice came through the speakers. "Good Evening, everyone. This is your captain speaking. We have clear skies predicted throughout our flight, which would give way to the stars as we fly over the Atlantic, tonight. Our flight will be taking 9 hours to arrive at Edinburg, which we should be landing by 8 am. Thank you, and enjoy the flight." Hailey and Erica made final rounds around the VIP areas to check on everyone before they retreated back to the entourage area and took their own seats. Once everyone was seated and secured, the larger private plane began it's departure to Edinburg, Scotland.

Nanook Ochoa
Day 0 - Sendoff
March 1
On plane ~ En route to Edinburg, Scotland
"I know. Tell me about it," Nanook said in agreement to how surreal the experience was. "I never thought I'd be doing something like this either. It's funny to think that some people are used to this kind of stuff." He chuckled. In the next moment, his tea had come and he took it carefully while thanking the steward accordingly. He took a careful sip of the drink as he listened to Jennifer continue to speak, although he flinched as the contents touched his tongue and were too hot. Steadily, he guided the cup down to the small table in front of him, playing off the fact that he'd been burned. He puckered his mouth for a second to alleviate the pain before responding to his new friend's question.

"I love to write and dabble in photography... which is probably why I'm a journalist. Then, I cook just for fun or to relax. ...Is there--"

At that moment, the intercom came on, full of introductions, guidelines, explanations of the accommodations, and details of their itinerary. The first destination was to be Scotland. Nanook had to dial back his excitement - not just because he didn't want to build expectations that were too high, but they had a long while before landing. As soon as the intercom went off, he felt the plane begin to move. It was fascinating to him how slow it felt inside the plane, but how swiftly it was moving in reality. It was a shame he never had the patience to delve too far into physics.

After clearing his throat, he began again, "Aside from music, what are your other hobbies?"

SendOff Day
March 1
On the Plane

Jennifer smiled while listening to Nanook talk. "Imagine never having to take a real plane anywhere and just having your own private jet," Jennifer laughed. "That would be fantastic but so excessive."

Jennifer watched as Nanook talked about his interests and how he was a journalist. Which she found very interesting, due to her love of reading. His face seemed to light up while he was talking about them. She caught on to it and started to watch him more intently. He truly enjoys or even loves what he does, just by how he was talking about them. Jennifer began to wonder if that was how she looked when she discussed her music or maybe even her studies.

While she was thinking the intercom came on and began explaining the procedures of the plane ride and safety, We were finally told our destination, which was Edinburgh, Scotland. Jennifer smiled once she heard the location. I was so far from her home in New York but it was going to such an amazing experience to see the towns and cities there and watch how things are done, maybe she'll even learn some new things. Hopefully, she'll get an opportunity to see the crown jewels if that's allowed.

Jennifer turned her attention back to Nanook when she heard him ask her about her other hobbies. "Well I enjoy cooking as well, and reading and learning, I believe that there's no such thing as too much information," She said and laughed a little. "I also love dancing, I used to do competitions when I was younger, Comedy is great, and Superheros movies are pretty awesome," She said feeling a little embarrassed.

Interactions: Nanook Aato Aato

Last edited:
SendOff Day
March 1
On the Plane

They had caught onto his accent, no surprise there, and Nathan wondered where they thought he might come from. Due to his mixed upbringing, and growing up bilingual his accent had always been a bit strange, a mix of the harder german accent and the softer french one. "I guess it's my term indeed, my name is Nathan. Nice to meet you Evalyn, Juliette and Henry."
As he shook everyone's hand, Nathan made sure to to repeat the names, linking them to the faces in his mind. He was going to travel with those people for a long time, and he wanted to be able to have some fun on the trip. better to get their names memorized right away.
He had laid the accent on a bit thicker when saying them too, seeing as both Henry and Juliette could be pronounced french too, and he liked both names.

"Evalyn is a rather unusual name, isn't it? I don't think I've heard it before?" It might just be a variation of Eveyln, but he was still intrigued. "Are you all from the United States?" He was no expert on english accents, but none of them had sounded particularly british. They all seemed to be younger than him too, and almost everyone he had seen so far was pretty attractive, almost as if this had been a casting by looks, and not as much of a lottery.

Just when Nathan had been about to crack a joke about apparently getting in on some senior citizen program, compared to almost everyone else, their director spoke up to reveal their first goal, and it really made him laugh. "Edinburgh?" Knowing that beforehand would have saved him a lot of time on a plane to even get here, but in the end he was happy he was starting the trip with everyone else. Meeting them at the first destination probably would have been awkward, when the first connections were formed here.

Nathan then did turn his head to Henry, remembering a small part of the conversation he had overheard when approaching the seats. "Did I hear that right, you're a photographer? Scotland might be a treat for you then."

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Sendoff Day
JFK Airport
March 1, 20XX
"Really?" Evalyn asked when Nathan asked about her name, "If I recall correctly, my mother said it was actually an English name, but I wouldn't know." Evalyn sat back a bit as she turned to Juliette and recalled what she asked before Nathan came to join them, "Oh, to answer your question, Juliette. I'm a novelist, so I write for a living. It makes it easier to look after my son."
Nathan's question about everyone's origins brought Henry to look back at him, "I'm not sure where I came from, but I've lived with my adopted family in San Francisco my whole life."
"I'm first generation American, but my family is from both Germany and England. Mainly from Germany," Evalyn explained.
They continued to talk a bit about their origins before the Director and Cordinnater announced the first stop being Edinburg. Evealyn and Henry were both surprised to hear it. For Evalyn it was a close stop to where her mother's side of the family where from, Glasgow, but she was excited none the less. As for Henry it was more about the history that Edinburg was what he was looking foward to it.
When Nathan brought up Henry's occupation he perked up at the reminder, "Tell me about it. I just hope I have enough memory space for the year long adventure and pitures I'm about to capture. Half of a suitcase consists of my equipment for all kinds of scenes I may or may not capture."
"I just know that this trip is going to give me plenty of ideas and research outlits for my writing," Evalyn also perked up at the thought.

Sendoff Day

You are a novelist? That's impressive I love reading so maybe by luck I have already read any of your books" She reply with a smile when she mention about her son Juliette knew that her supposition about the kid that Evalyn was talking was in fact her son. She was surprised hearing that Henry was adopted but he didn't seem to mind about that at all and just enjoy his life "I'm not sure where my family comes from but since my grandparents all have born in the states, so pretty much my family is from here" She reply to Nathan just before they started talking about where it would be their first location she coudln't believed that they were going to Edinburgh she always dream about going there but as she thoughyt about that a light pain started to grow since she make the promise that she would go with David once she graduated college since he wanted to go too and she was going to fulfil that dream but without him they even made a list of all the places they wanted to go together once they were there and she brought it with her but this time she would be going alone "This trip is going to be amazing" She said with sad smile. Henry and Evalyn were going to take advantage of this trip to improve their work while she decided that this woud be her exit to her past and she wasn't really sure how to feel about that.

Interacting KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint rdctve rdctve

code by pasta

Arden Sanders

To new friendships

How ya feeling?: Excited

Outfit:x

Exciting destinations:​
"Of course not we all have our reason to be here, don't think that you are here for the wrong reason and trust me nothing is stupid in my book but my two idiotic roommates" Arden listened to Christin speak, really soaking in his words and taking them to heart. It meant a lot that he was taking them time to left her confide in him even if they had only known each other for literally a few minutes.

Arden smiled sweetly at Christin. “ Thank you for taking the time to actually talk to me! I didn’t expect someone to be so open with me so, Thank you.”

Arden flags down a flight attendant and asks for another glass of wine. The attendant smiles at her and goes to retrieve her another glass of wine. Arden thanks her when she returns and takes a sip of the bitter fruity beverage.

“I'm glad to see you have all made on time. Unfortunately, it has been brought to my attention that three of the participants will not be joining you on this trip. Now, I want to start off by saying, Congratulations to everyone here today. As you all know, this is a year-long adventure where you get to travel the world, while making connections with each other. Whether it is a romantic one or a friendly one, we wish you luck. Even though you start here at JFK Airport, you will be traveling to Edinburgh, Scotland where you will be staying for a week to explore what Scotland has to offer."

Edinburgh, Scotland. Arden swelled with excitement. Scotland? She had never even thought about going to Scotland but she was excited anyways. She was excited to go out and experience everything and this was the perfect way to do it. If she could find the love of her life here that would make the outcome of this situation that much better.

The flight attendant continued on explaining other things but Arden was to excited about going to Scotland. It was going to be so much different from the surroundings that she had grown so accustomed to her whole life.

Arden turned to Christin, excitement bubbling up in her chest. “Scotland ??? Oh my gosh I’m so excited,” she gushed. “I’ve never been to Scotland. I’m so excited.”

Mentions: Queen_Liyah Queen_Liyah

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

"Of course not we all have our reason to be here, don't think that you are here for the wrong reason and trust me nothing is stupid in my book but my two idiotic roommates" Arden listened to Christin speak, really soaking in his words and taking them to heart. It meant a lot that he was taking them time to left her confide in him even if they had only known each other for literally a few minutes.

Arden smiled sweetly at Christin. “ Thank you for taking the time to actually talk to me! I didn’t expect someone to be so open with me so, Thank you.”

Arden flags down a flight attendant and asks for another glass of wine. The attendant smiles at her and goes to retrieve her another glass of wine. Arden thanks her when she returns and takes a sip of the bitter fruity beverage.

“I'm glad to see you have all made on time. Unfortunately, it has been brought to my attention that three of the participants will not be joining you on this trip. Now, I want to start off by saying, Congratulations to everyone here today. As you all know, this is a year-long adventure where you get to travel the world, while making connections with each other. Whether it is a romantic one or a friendly one, we wish you luck. Even though you start here at JFK Airport, you will be traveling to Edinburgh, Scotland where you will be staying for a week to explore what Scotland has to offer."

Edinburgh, Scotland. Arden swelled with excitement. Scotland? She had never even thought about going to Scotland but she was excited anyways. She was excited to go out and experience everything and this was the perfect way to do it. If she could find the love of her life here that would make the outcome of this situation that much better.

The flight attendant continued on explaining other things but Arden was to excited about going to Scotland. It was going to be so much different from the surroundings that she had grown so accustomed to her whole life.

Arden turned to Christin, excitement bubbling up in her chest. “Scotland ??? Oh my gosh I’m so excited,” she gushed. “I’ve never been to Scotland. I’m so excited.”

Sendoff Day
JFK Airport
March 1, 20XX

"It might just be me, but if you'd ask me to guess I probably would have spelled it Evelyn." But for all Nathan knew, it was possible that it was a very common name in the states.
"San Francisco is supposed to be a really beautiful city. I always meant to go, but it never really worked out." But he was travelling the world now, for all Nathan knew it was absolutely possible that they would end up there too sooner or later.
"Oh, did you grow up with a bit of German still?" As someone who had grown up with two languages himself, Nathan was always curious to hear about other people's experiences growing up between two things, so to speak. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but you mentioned you have a son? How old is he?" Evalyn just looked really young to him still, it was hard to imagine that she had a child already!
"Well, it probably depends on what your focus is? If you are into cities, Edinburgh is beautiful, but Scotland has some mesmerizing landscapes, and it's small enough that you could get some sight seeing in before we have to leave again." Nathan had been to Scotland before, and he missed some of the amazing hiking opportunities there. "You could get a look at the Scottish Highlands if you like mountains, and there are of course the lakes if you like water. Lochan Uaine is beautiful, if you are not set on seeing Nessy. I heard she's shy anyways. And if you are into ruins and decay ... Melrose Abbey is a great start."
Nathan was about to add another remark about the Isle of Skye, when he realized that Juliette suddenly seemed pretty quiet, when she'd seemed rather upbeat beforehand. "Are you okay?" Maybe she was just nervous about the beginning flight.

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

Nanook Ochoa
Day 0 - Sendoff
March 1
On plane ~ En route to Edinburg, Scotland
Jennifer answered Nanook's question, explaining the rest of her hobbies to him. He couldn't help smiling, not only at her enthusiasm, but at how her tone seemed to get a little shy when talking about her more "geeky" pleasures. "Singing, guitar playing, and dancing? You're just a one-woman show, aren't you?" He chuckled. "I think a cooking competition is in order too," he said while giving her a playful nudge with his elbow. "Not too many people turn down food, so I'm sure the others would love to judge. Hopefully one of the destinations will give us the opportunity."

Although he didn't bring it up, he definitely didn't miss her mention that she loved to learn. That was attractive to him, to say the least. Building knowledge of all types was important and it meant someone kept an open mind. Plus, they could share knowledge, and whenever he didn't know anything, his other half would be able to pick up his slack. After-all, it was impossible to know everything.

"We'll also have to check out some foreign films too - comedies and hero movies," he added with a little tease in his tone. "...Well, that's only if you want to do those things with me. I've just been going on about us doing everything together and you're probably thinking I'm a creep." He laughed lightly. "My sister has warned me before of talking too much. I guess I don't learn..." He looked down and slowly shook his head with an exaggerated sigh.

Sendoff Day
March 1
On the Plane
Jennifer frowned when she saw Nanook shake his head, "No, I don't think you're a creep. I think it's actually really nice and sweet of you to plan all those things. I didn't think I'd have anyone to do things with on this trip." She felt awful that he would think that. He wasn't being creepy he has been nothing but sweet since they've started talking. It was something new for Jennifer, she's never really met a guy that was interested in what she did, it was very welcomed and refreshing to meet a nice guy for once.

Jennifer smiled again and started thinking. "Hmmm a one-woman show...sounds about right," Jennifer laughed and began to thinking of all the cool sights and people they'd meet on this trip. "A cooking competition...interesting. You're on but we both have to make something from wherever we are at that moment so its fair." Jennifer smirked and held out her hand for him to shake. "Deal?"

Interactions: Nanook Aato Aato

Sendoff Day
JFK Airport
March 1, 20XX
"Well for whatever reason my mother made my name be spelled with an A," Evalyn laughed, "She's always said it used to be an old name within the family. It's like I am holding onto the past by knowing that I share the same name as a past relative."
Henry looked over to Nathan again when he began to comment about his home town and smiled. San Francisco has always been home ot him, even if he sometimes wishes to move and see where his last standing place would be. Of course his Sisters and mothers have decided to settle down there, but that only gives him a way back to see home. Maybe this year will show him his last standing placed.
"San Francisco is beautiful," Henry commented, "But after you've lived there all your life, you start to see it's flawed. You can't do a lot of photography when it's foggy all most every day of the year."
Evalyn smiles shyly when she was asked about her German. She grew up with both her parents talking it around the house, but it never really stuck. She cleared her throat before answering him as best as she could in her broken German, "Ich weiß ein bisschen, aber ich muss es hier und da auffrischen." (I know a little bit, but I need to brush up on it here and there.)
She hopes that Daniel would be able to pick it up and embrace it since it is a huge part of his heritage. When Nathan brought up Daniel, she beamed, forgetting her previous embarrassment. "Of course not," Evalyn smiled, "Daniel is 5-year-old. I had him just after I graduated from college. It's only been him and myself since the very beginning of the pregnancy."

Sendoff Day
JFK Airport
March 1, 20XX

"My first guess would have been that she wanted it to be special, but if it's a family tradition it might just be an old way of spelling it." Without any clue how far the name went back, Nathan did not even want to argue about the spelling. Such variances were completely possible, and it did sound nice.
He then turned to Henry with a smile. "Well, if I ever make it there I'll probably still ask you for some hints as to where to spend time. Nothing beats the experience of locals." In none of his travels so far a guide book had ever come close to that kind of information. "Well... unless you like to take pictures of fog, right?" He laughed softly. "Where we're going now there is plenty of fog to be had too. And rain." Britain was notorious for bad weather, especially in winter and early spring. The nice summer days were still a while off.
"Aber das klingt doch ganz gut?" (But it does sound pretty good?). Nathan at least had understood her perfectly, and he somehow had the feeling that Evalyn probably would have adapted rather quickly, if she'd been force to make do in a mostly german environment.
"Five years old already, damn. Forgive me for saying that, but I would never have guesses you already have a boy that age." Evalyn looked too young, to him at least, but she had no reason to lie about her son's age. "Daniel is a nice name - is he staying with relatives while you travel?" It was a shame that she couldn't have taken him along, but traveling for so long, and on a potentially stressful shedule might be too much for a child that age. Nathan did not ask about the father, or about why the boy wasn't staying with him. If Evalyn felt the need to point out that it had been her and Daniel ever since she'd learned of the pregnancy, it was pretty safe to assume that the father was not part of Daniel's, or Evalyn's life. That could have a lot of reasons, but most of them seemed to be unpleasant and not really something he should bring up in a conversation with someone he'd just met .

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Sendoff Day

Juliette was lost on her own thoughts that she lost track of what they were talking everyone seemed really excited about going to Scotland but even if she wanted to go there she couldn't stopped thinking about David, she started regretting coming to this trip. How could she was able to go on a trip aroud the world when her brother passed away because of her. She was lost on her own world until she heard the strong accent of Nathan talking to her, he seemed kind of worried and it was obviously since a few minutes ago she was the most cheerful one of their small group "I guess I'm fine, it's just some family stuff and it's hard for me knowing that we are going to Scotland when I made the promise to go with someone else but I guess that's never going to happen. Sorry I didn't want to ruin the mood of the conversation" She admitted "Evalyn, I would love to know more about Daniel and I have never been in San Francisco before I have spent all my life in Chicago so we don't usually go to that part of the country but I hope one day I'm able to go" She said with a light smile trying not to make the conversation uncomfortable due to her sudden change of mood

Interacting KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint rdctve rdctve

code by pasta

Sendoff Day
JFK Airport
March 1, 20XX
Henry laughed at the thought of photographing fog, "It has its appeal sometimes, but not when the fog can be around the entire day." He turned to Evalyn as she spoke in German and talked about her child, Daniel. He had to agree with Nathan when he mention the age being more then it would see.

"Danke schön," Evalyn spoke back to Nathan's compliment before clarifying, "I had him at a young age, but it was just after I started my masters degree in english liturature and teaching. He's staying with my parents while I am gone, since his father is out of the picture."

Both Evalyn and Henry turned to Juliette as she explained her current mood, but once she turned the conversation over to Evalyn and Daniel, she offered a smile. She didn't know why she felt that way, but she took the topic to help her a bit. Taking out her phone she turned it on to show a picture of Daniel to the others, "This is Daniel. He's the reason I do what I do to provide for him. I was just starting off my education to receive my masters from home when I decided to send out my first novel to a publisher. I was lucky for it to be picked up which allowed me to focus on him and my education. Once got my masters, I began to write for a living as I raised my son on my own. He's a sweetheart. Always loves to put on a show on whatever he can do. Reading to everyone, dancing, sports, you name it, he just likes making people happy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back