• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Reinvent the Marvel Universe(Hosted Project)

What should be the minimum post requirements?

• 1 Paragraph

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 2-3 Paragraphs

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • 3 - 5 Paragraphs

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Like I said I'm not asking for a novel. I'm asking for a post that doesn't discourage me to not rp in this roleplay.

The GM is asking for creativity and originality. Not a one liner of 'my character stands up and says hi.' to me that is death to a character and a slap in the face to those who are here because of the love of roleplaying.
Well I don't do that. 3 sentences at the least usually. Although I do tend to use character dialogue to fill space when if doesn't lapse into show don't tell. My character dialogue is long though so...

Did you read my above Post? I post at night. When I'm tired. And a lot of times I tend to lapse into purple prose. Besides, if I can describe an action simply and to the point I'll do that. I'm not one for long dramatic descriptions of meaningless stuff.
Meaningless?!?!?!?

Getting into character is not meaningless. It's story-telling. It's why we are all here.

Also I do agree with at least 2-3 paragraphs. I just don't want one liners. I feel like I have to pick up the extra creative slack that others don't want to do. It's sad. And extinguishing.

Meaningless?!?!?!?

Getting into character is not meaningless. It's story-telling. It's why we are all here.

Also I do agree with at least 2-3 paragraphs. I just don't want one liners. I feel like I have to pick up the extra creative slack that others don't want to do. It's sad. And extinguishing.
A paragraph and a one liner are very different. You can squeeze quite a bit into a paragraph. I have squeezed quite a bit into a paragraph.

I hope so. It sounds like laziness to me.
Hey! If it's not an action scene it's a valid technique. Most of my characters are fast talking act before you think kind of characters. They don't think much before doing something and I reflect that by having them talk more than they think.

Hey! If it's not an action scene it's a valid technique. Most of my characters are fast talking act before you think kind of characters. They don't think much before doing something and I reflect that by having them talk more than they think.
My opinion is just my opinion. I'm just saying how I feel.

While I don't know a lot about the Marvel universe, I'm genuinely interested in this, and I'd love to be a part of the RP

hmm then to you i have basically done nothing but one liners
Actually no. I've rped with you before. You sometimes start off rough, but when the rp gets going your characters fall into place nicely and well thought out.

Its like you have a new game and you are just figuring out how the controls work. (^_^)

Re: my post about meaningless descriptions: I don't see how long winded descriptions count as getting in character. I put quite a bit of effort between a good number of both my short and my long posts.

well good to hear you like mine enough
I always have. (^_^)

You are a strong roleplayer. You also like to take up challenges when it comes to trying out new characters. You voice your opinion and you have fun with getting creative. It's all another rper can ask for. Your posts are never too short and you strive to really capture your character as best as you can in that moment in the rp. I remember all rpers that I rp with. some I love, some i like, and others... I just don't care cus they seem not to care either. Can't do much about it.

BackSet BackSet honestly i would just say go for purple prose to get the word count up it might seem a bit meaningless but it is good for building in the end

I don't know. I mean, there's only so much you can describe. Especially when the settings been pretty well layer out for you.

Longest post I've ever made: quite a few paragraphs (I don't remember how many) that mostly just explained the logistics of time travel and dimensional travel.

Shortest post I've evre made: a one liner because I was tired and about to go to bed anyways. Plus my character wasn't important to the scene anyways.

BackSet BackSet you mentioned you've been rping since 2011? Or was that someone else?
Someone else. I've been doing since about a year or two ago. Maybe a bit longer if I count my DnD stuff and my writing. You know this conversation is probably stuff up. I'll make a thread in roleplay theory to discuss this further.

Like I said I'm not asking for a novel. I'm asking for a post that doesn't discourage me to not rp in this roleplay.

The GM is asking for creativity and originality. Not a one liner of 'my character stands up and says hi.' to me that is death to a character and a slap in the face to those who are here because of the love of roleplaying.
PREACH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back