• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Reinvent the Marvel Universe(Hosted Project)

What should be the minimum post requirements?

• 1 Paragraph

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 2-3 Paragraphs

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • 3 - 5 Paragraphs

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Field Marshall

Eight Thousand Club
This I not a pre established marvel universe but one that the players will create. It's an original universe which the players will determine the history and future. Even Canon things such as characters, powers, and organizations will technically be original as players will have creative license to reinvent concepts and characters how they want. Allowing ultimate creative freedom in the hopes of making an interesting long term role play for all players to participate in. I plan for this to be a hosted project so naturally I am hoping for a large turn out in interest and players before applying for a hosted project.

Notes

• I would like to establish a council of Co Gms, maybe 3 to 5 players(including me) that I can trust.
  • The way I plan for this to go IC wise is that there will be a thread for every main arc sometimes there can be more than one main arc ongoing depending on if they would end up interfering with each other. For example a main story arc about Ultron trying to destroy humanity would eventually conflict with a main story arc about Sentinels trying to exterminate mutants then mankind, they would conflict if they were tried to run at the same time as separate story arcs. However, a main story arc about the Hand in Japan and a main story arc about the Purifiers hunting and killing mutants in the US won't conflict. Obviously, is they two main story arcs take place in vastly different locations such as Earth and another planet, dimension, etc. they probably won't conflict.
  • There will also be IC threads for character driven stuff such as casual interactions, side stories, locations, etc.
  • Players will be allowed to have as many characters as they want within reason which includes not creating a bunch and letting a bunch sit inactive or mass claiming of canon characters and concepts.
  • 3Cs: Cooperation, Consistency, and Creativity is the key to making this happen
Rules and Regulations
  • 2 - 3 paragraphs min post.
  • Cannot hold up an IC without an explanation for more than 24 hours since the last post. If so then depending on the scene something will be made to happen to remove your character from the scene.
  • Collaboration posting is encouraged to prevent hold ups, delayed posting because one is experiencing writer's block or something, and to prevent back and forth posts between two players from flooding the IC.
  • If a player is inactive in the HP for 7 days no explanation they may be terminated. This will go by a case by case basis such as if their inactivity held up an IC, how involved they are in the first place. How involved their characters are determines if they have to be killed or can be simply removed. For players who have to take a hiatus their characters if involved in an IC must be arranged to not hinder it, for example they can write their character into a coma or maybe they disappear to vacation or handle a private matter.
  • Players will be allowed to have as many characters as they want within reason which includes not creating a bunch and letting a bunch sit inactive or mass claiming of canon characters and concepts.
  • The canon of the Roleplay is too important to allow additions by role players who could go inactive soon after starting. To protect against that additions to the canon by new players, even if just through their character back stories, will hold a sort of temporary status that will solidify as the player shows themselves to be more active. Sort of like how in DC Legends of Tomorrow after a change in time, time takes a while to solidify.
  • Don't just have your characters knows everything about everything and everyone. Not even through that read files on such and such, because that's just not fair and is in a way Metagamimg.
  • Words of the GMs is final and I reserve the right to amend these rules as neccessary

Last edited:
Well you've gotten my interest. I wouldn't mind being a co-gm but I really don't care who you choose. I'm actually making a similar TP with an original world instead of the marvel universe.

This I not a pre established marvel universe but one that the players will create. It's an original universe which the players will determine the history and future. Even Canon things such as characters, powers, and organizations will technically be original as players will have creative license to reinvent concepts and characters how they want. Allowing ultimate creative freedom in the hopes of making an interesting long term role play for all players to participate in. I plan for this to be a hosted project so naturally I am hoping for a large turn out in interest and players before applying for a hosted project.

Notes

• I would like to establish a council of Co Gms, maybe 3 to 5 players(including me) that I can trust.
  • The way I plan for this to go IC wise is that there will be a thread for every main arc sometimes there can be more than one main arc ongoing depending on if they would end up interfering with each other. For example a main story arc about Ultron trying to destroy humanity would eventually conflict with a main story arc about Sentinels trying to exterminate mutants then mankind, they would conflict if they were tried to run at the same time as separate story arcs. However, a main story arc about the Hand in Japan and a main story arc about the Purifiers hunting and killing mutants in the US won't conflict. Obviously, is they two main story arcs take place in vastly different locations such as Earth and another planet, dimension, etc. they probably won't conflict.
  • There will also be IC threads for character driven stuff such as casual interactions, side stories, locations, etc.
  • 3Cs: Cooperation, Consistency, and Creativity is the key to making this happen
I'll Co-GM if that's a thing!

I'd be very interested in this as well! Would it be alright to perform canon Marvel characters in this universe aside from just OCs, and if so, do they necessarily have to differ quite a bit from the original source material? That would be alright if so, I was just curious about these two things. (: My apologies if these questions are repetitive though, or bothersome.

I'd be very interested in this as well! Would it be alright to perform canon Marvel characters in this universe aside from just OCs, and if so, do they necessarily have to differ quite a bit from the original source material? That would be alright if so, I was just curious about these two things. (: My apologies if these questions are repetitive though, or bothersome.
I said you guys have creative license doesn't mean you have to neccessarily have to use it

Well you've gotten my interest. I wouldn't mind being a co-gm but I really don't care who you choose. I'm actually making a similar TP with an original world instead of the marvel universe.
I'd say you totally piqued my interest and I'd be down to join however I can.
This is an interesting concept, and I'd love to see where you'll take it!
Hello hello! Very much interested!
I'll Co-GM if that's a thing!
If you let me be a version of the silver surfer I am in 100%
Interested

Good amount so far but looking for as much interest as I can garner so we're more likely to get approval. Tag other roleplayers out there who may be interested

fin fin Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Phineas Forge Phineas Forge Peach Tea Peach Tea

YesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesYesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesYesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeS *takes deep breath* I mean, I’m interested.

I could be interested in this.

Mind you I'd probably try to lay claim to a magneto character..... just a heads up. I like villains. Lol

But yeah. Let me know when you have a CS thread or and OOC thread up.

I plan to have a canon thread in which concepts and the timeline will be housed. Players will be able to submit entries to it. The first thing to go,up will be the CS also then we can work a cohesive history that all the characters' histories don't conflict and rather go together cohesively.

Start thinking up ideas and such now. For your characters, possible teams you want to pre establish to start of the first of the IC threads, organizations, concepts/definitions, and even arc ideas. That way we can take right off and set our ideas loose as soon as the HP is approved and created.

I'm interested.

I doubt you can trust me (this being a new account) but I will say this. I've beem roleplaying since 2011, have actually wanted to do something like this for a long time, am in a similar project to this (that'll work differently) and am always choc full of overarching theories.

That being said, I'd like a Co-GM spot, Captain America, Red Skull, and an OC of mine that (once you hear his backstory) can be used to connect a LOT of details in a cohesive way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back