• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Rehabilitation for Ancient Deities (interest check)

Cocogerber13

Scoobert Doobert
Hello! I’m fairly new to this website (not rp) and while I am a part of a couple of rps, I’ve never actually made one here before.

This is a quick idea I thought of earlier today, and being a lover of mythology and magic I thought I’d see if anyone else was actually interested. The idea would be this:

Something evil is stirring in the world, and the tremors from it’s awakening are triggering activity of being lone thought gone. Ancient creatures- gods, dragons, magicians, and the like are outing themselves to a world that has forgotten of their very existence. As this is going on, a university in Washington state has recently uncovered an artifact from a stray meteor, and the small class in charge of researching it is the first to decide that the strange orb is the caused the occurrences.

The rp itself will take place a year after this class found the sphere. Their class has been assigned by the government for a top secret mission: to act as the welcoming committee for these emerging deities and teach them of the modern world. Essentially, this university has been given an additional branch that offers places for these beings to stay and will also cover travel costs for both students and the beings if they need it. The goal of the students is to fill the creatures in on everything that has happened in the recent world, especially with the artifact they found. It is up to the creatures and deities if they want to comply.

Again, this is just an idea I had and I am unsure if I will actually be able to make this happen, but I figured that I would at least see if people were interested. Thanks for reading!

This looks kind of interesting but I do have a few questions

Go ahead and ask if you’d like! I still don’t have a completely solid idea, but I’ll do my best to answer
Okay
1. Are we allowed to play as a deity
2. What defines a deity. Is it just the gods or do creatures and figures in mythology like them also qualify. Ex: Fenrir, or Titans like Kronos, or Chiron
3. Are they actually the figures of mythology or are they beings that fit the myths but aren’t actually mythical.
4. If you can play a deity do they need to be like they are in the myths, or do we have creative liberty.
5. Do the deities get disguises to better blend into the human world. Think like glamour rules.

Yahhah Yahhah

1. Of course! It would be allowing both normal humans helping with the research and whatever creature you choose to become active.

2. In this case it’s a pretty loose definition, including actual deities, mythological creatures, people who can use magic like wizards and vampires, etc. The project just specifies ‘Deities’ because the first few beings they met actually were Deities.

3. I expect the above answer will answer this as well, but I would also like to clarify that you may create a creature of your own so long as it isn’t too op compared to other deities. You can even keep their powers but just nerf it for the rp, which I would plan to do with canon deities as well since they have all been inactive for centuries.

4. You have creative liberty even if you choose a canon entity, I just ask that it stays at least a tiny bit relevant to context it was taken from. Ex: you could play a Greek god but their related abilities should stay similar to what legend says

5. This is honestly up to the being, since I know a lot of deities have disguised themselves to blend in in order to do things like testing humans. Mythical creatures can also have humanoid forms even if they’d may not canonly. One of my characters that I have in mind for this is actually a dragon but was given a human form after being cursed, but some of his relatives were given this ability as a gift.

Cocogerber13 Cocogerber13

Thank you for answering my questions I am definitely interested, I know for at least one character I’d go for Fenrir but I’ll probably make more than one.

Thanks for the interest, guys! : )

I’ll do my best to create the thread this weekend, but I do have a few things going on so I’ll just post the link here when I finish!

Here is the link to the thread!

I may add to it if need be, but the linked ooc thread is also for ooc and character sheets. Feel free to make your character(s), and if you need a form I could try to whip one up real quick!

If any of you have ideas of what I should add to the thread, they would be appreciated! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back