News & Updates Regarding Omegaverse/ABO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are here, this means you have clicked on the alert to find out more about the rule update specifically for Omegaverse/ABO. We have officially forbidden this genre from RpNation;

The Omegaverse/ABO genre is sexually explicit. If you wish to use the non-sexual social dynamics you can use alternative terms to express that. Some options include social hierarchy, dominance hierarchy, and caste system.

This decision wasn't made hastily and we want to be clear that we are forbidding this genre because at its core and focus it is an erotic genre. We know there are those who are interested in the social dynamics of this genre, but the problem is that we cannot clearly determine between someone using the term sexually or non-sexually.

If you have any suggestions for what a non-sexual Omegaverse term could be let us know. Create your own new genre! We want to work with you to keep our users and site safe!

EDIT: You are more than welcome to continue using terms such as alpha, beta, omega as those are social/caste/dominance hierarchy terms and not exclusive to Omegaverse.

Last edited:
As a clarification, we do continue to allow Adult Themes on the site, from dark topics to drugs, to even mentions of sex, what ever. We just do not allow explicit sexual roleplaying, which ABO is.

What is Omegaverse?

Omegaverse is inherently a sexual genre of roleplaying/writing where you define roles based on Alpha, Beta, Omega structures. Typically the purposes of the none alphas is to be in heat/get pregnant by the Alpha regardless of gender. We've been trying to deal with it on a case by case basis since there are adult themes, but ABO/Omega constantly break down into ERP, so we just won't allow it any more.

Are we allowed to use Alpha, Beta, Omega, etc. ranks in a human roleplay for a social system so long as there isn’t a sexual structure (wasn’t sure what to call that) to it? For example: the Alphas are the King/Queen, Omegas are low ranking or criminals, etc?

Are we allowed to use Alpha, Beta, Omega, etc. ranks in a human roleplay for a social system so long as there isn’t a sexual structure (wasn’t sure what to call that) to it? For example: the Alphas are the King/Queen, Omegas are low ranking or criminals, etc?
Sure. We don't care.

Omegaverse is inherently a sexual genre of roleplaying/writing where you define roles based on Alpha, Beta, Omega structures. Typically the purposes of the none alphas is to be in heat/get pregnant by the Alpha regardless of gender. We've been trying to deal with it on a case by case basis since there are adult themes, but ABO/Omega constantly break down into ERP, so we just won't allow it any more.
That's... enough of internet for today. I was living in benign neglect this entire time. Why must I be cursed with this knowledge today? Whyyyyy?!?!
I will now proceed to go to church. Thank you professor Wizard. 🙏

Yes, that is basically what we have listed as suggested alternatives (social hierarchy, dominance hierarchy, and caste system). ABO didn't exist back when researches believed in that type of pack hierarchy so the terms alpha, beta, and omega aren't exclusively that genre's but it is used for the social and sexual aspects in ABO/Omegaverse.

Yes, that is basically what we have listed as suggested alternatives (social hierarchy, dominance hierarchy, and caste system). ABO didn't exist back when researches believed in that type of pack hierarchy so the terms alpha, beta, and omega aren't exclusively that genre's but it is used for the social and sexual aspects in ABO/Omegaverse.
I just wasn’t sure if you guys didn’t want the terms to be used at all or not and figured better be safe than sorry!

That's... enough of internet for today. I was living in benign neglect this entire time. Why must I be cursed with this knowledge today? Whyyyyy?!?!
I will now proceed to go to church. Thank you professor Wizard. 🙏

Sorry.

Now imagine us who have been dealing with it nonstop all year :<. This year has seen a huge uptick in that genre. We don't know why, I can only imagine some popular site somewhere went down because of it.

I mean even if some topics are weird, we don't care that some people want to RP males that get pregnant or what ever. I mean have you seen what happens in Sci-Fi/Horror RPs?

The issue is that these RPs are never not intended to be explicitly sexual.

Question, dear admin:
In Teen Wolf (my new favorite fandom) these terms are used to describe your rank or purpose in the pack. Is that still allowed or would that be bordering on breaking the rules?

Question, dear admin:
In Teen Wolf (my new favorite fandom) these terms are used to describe your rank or purpose in the pack. Is that still allowed or would that be bordering on breaking the rules?
Dominance hierarchy is still allowed.

What is Omegaverse?
Right? I had too look it up, but it basically follows a social hierarchy of Alpha/Beta/Omega power ruling. A "pack" like system of power.
Though and I want this to be clear to like, everyone who inevitably sees this (to prevent spread of misinformation)

REAL WOLF PACKS (and subsequently humans especially) DO NOT HAVE A ALPHA/BETA/OMEGA HIERARCHY.
It's mistake from the 1970s by L. David Mech who has since attempted to correct the information from his publication but it had already taken hold in the public conscious. IT'S NOT A REAL THING.

REAL WOLF PACK HIERARCHY is NO more different than any average family dynamic. The "Alpha" is simply the parent, and the "betas/omegas" are just children to follow their older more experienced parents as we'd expect from most
families. It doesn't exist in wolves and it doesn't exist in humans.

So know that if you ever do a Werewolf or especially a Wolf based Rp that this type of power dynamic is not real at all and completely fictional.

(Tbh you could probably have a cool werewolf RP where the younger werewolfs realize this system is bullshit and their entire lives are a lie, that'd be cool.)

Question, dear admin:

I was gonna ask this, too, especially since a longstanding 1x1 of mine has used that ssjjskssks thank you both for being ahead of me 🙏

Ngl, tho, thanks staff for this decision and clarifying so quickly!

Sorry.

Now imagine us who have been dealing with it nonstop all year :<. This year has seen a huge uptick in that genre. We don't know why, I can only imagine some popular site somewhere went down because of it.

I mean even if some topics are weird, we don't care that some people want to RP males that get pregnant or what ever. I mean have you seen what happens in Sci-Fi/Horror RPs?

The issue is that these RPs are never not intended to be explicitly sexual.
I'm an ardent resident of a gentrified Fantasy neighborhood. Never been anywhere near those genres. How barbaric!
My thoughts and prayers to the staffs.
Thank you for your services.

e8Dz5Ki.jpg

I have never heard of this, i've been steeped in some shit but this was like I heard about a whole new continent that was being decried when I didn't even know it existed.

Well.

Alrighty o.

Guess thats a thing on my radar now.

My condolences to Fyuri and Dwiz, who had to sit down and write about it for longer than it takes to say "no". Please take this illegally smol cat as a token of sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back