News & Updates Regarding Omegaverse/ABO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are here, this means you have clicked on the alert to find out more about the rule update specifically for Omegaverse/ABO. We have officially forbidden this genre from RpNation;

The Omegaverse/ABO genre is sexually explicit. If you wish to use the non-sexual social dynamics you can use alternative terms to express that. Some options include social hierarchy, dominance hierarchy, and caste system.

This decision wasn't made hastily and we want to be clear that we are forbidding this genre because at its core and focus it is an erotic genre. We know there are those who are interested in the social dynamics of this genre, but the problem is that we cannot clearly determine between someone using the term sexually or non-sexually.

If you have any suggestions for what a non-sexual Omegaverse term could be let us know. Create your own new genre! We want to work with you to keep our users and site safe!

EDIT: You are more than welcome to continue using terms such as alpha, beta, omega as those are social/caste/dominance hierarchy terms and not exclusive to Omegaverse.

Last edited:
So i dont think my rp group the wolf one counts
Yes we do use rank names like omega, alpha etc.
idk what omegaverse is fully, we just roleplay lycan/werewolf that have human and wolf forms

But would it be in danger?
i would think it would be safe cause everything stays out of the danger zone since if we have scenes they get fade to black and move on to next day or hours later

So i dont think my rp group the wolf one counts
Yes we do use rank names like omega, alpha etc.
idk what omegaverse is fully, we just roleplay lycan/werewolf that have human and wolf forms

But would it be in danger?
i would think it would be safe cause everything stays out of the danger zone since if we have scenes they get fade to black and move on to next day or hours later

You are fine.

im chill with this and also fun fact guys theirs a writer trying to copyright this genre and theres a lawsuit on it

I knew what the omegaverse was, but I didn’t think there would be people rp-ing the genre’s more explicit parts of it. This is how you know that I’m so used to RPN‘s guidelines. My reaction literally was “Explict?! Huh?! Here? . . . What world am I living on?” XD

I rp werewolf rps before never knew of this until now. We never rp like that ever it always skipped mature rated kinda parts. Packs were rated by ranks and status. Its kinda crazy that never knew about this.

I was unaware of what it was until today and .... my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Yea, I almost got lured into a site about this before I really knew what it was. I'm not into heavily sexual RP so I'm glad I was able to pick up on what it actually was. The site itself had really well thought out world-building and lore too so it's a shame.

Good call on banning it here, considering the rule already in place about smut.

I could’ve gone my whole life without ever knowing this type of RP existed. I… feel sullied now.

If you are here, this means you have clicked on the alert to find out more about the rule update specifically for Omegaverse/ABO. We have officially forbidden this genre from RpNation;

This decision wasn't made hastily and we want to be clear that we are forbidding this genre because at its core and focus it is an erotic genre. We know there are those who are interested in the social dynamics of this genre, but the problem is that we cannot clearly determine between someone using the term sexually or non-sexually.

If you have any suggestions for what a non-sexual Omegaverse term could be let us know. Create your own new genre! We want to work with you to keep our users and site safe!

EDIT: You are more than welcome to continue using terms such as alpha, beta, omega as those are social/caste/dominance hierarchy terms and not exclusive to Omegaverse.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE OMEGAVERSEE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE OMEGAVERSEE
flame thrower fire GIF

I only clicked this because I have never heard that term used before in my life. Looking it up... not sure at all even how to respond to what I just read.

The wiki I was reading going "Oh that's it? I mean i guess its a bit weird with that A/B/O thing but I mean I could see how it isn't a bad thing I mean some societies in fantasy might... OOOOO... OOOOO nevermind... I see... wow.... just wow..." the speed at which it went from "I mean social hierarchies could work that way" to "Oh No" was crazy.

And this is different from a trans man that happens to be more...um, trying to find a nice word not to get banned...Compliant (consentingly) and pregnant.

I regret ever looking up what it was.

While I won't judge people for liking that stuff (Though I am not a fan), I do appreciate the idea of keeping it off here as I am SURE there is a site or two for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back