• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Redwood Academy - Mystery RP

KarenAKAMint

It's not me until I pull on a few heartstrings.
Redwood Academy Interest Post
Mystery RP

GMs - KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint & DrBezendrine DrBezendrine

IC Thread
CS Thread
OOC Thread

• [Redwood Academy, Amber Falls, CA]
    Home to Redwood trees as well as the Academy, Amber Falls is a quaint, but quiet little town in Northern California. A population of about 13,000 this town is known more for the urban legends dating back to the many Native American tribes who once lived on this land. Ranging from ghost stories to creatures of incomprehensive imaginative, many of these legends are fun bedtime stories for the kids that won't finish their veggies. More onto the Academy, the boarding school sits above the town on a hilltop. It overlooks the entire town, and it's quite the hike to get there. The redwood forest surrounds the building as well as a modernized fence to keep whatever outside, while the students remain inside.

Redwood Academy, by the town, is well known as a prep school. On top of it being so remote from the outside world, the school has a history of odd events that cause students from either disappearing or being found dead in the surrounding forest. After the school was shut down for the past generation, the new owners of the school, the founder’s 4-time-great-grandson, rebuilt the school to readmission students into the Academy that it is now. Students from rich families attend the pristine school to get into other elite colleges upon graduation. After twenty years that the school reopened, the first student of the new readmission goes missing. It had been over a century since the last student went missing which led to the closing of the school in the first place.

Even with this sudden arrival of the past event, the school continued on as the Headmasters assured the parents that the students are safe "as long as they do not leave the school perimeters without permission." The next school year, a new fence was put up with surveillance in order to monitor the students who decide to break this #1 rule. This school year marks the 25th year of readmission, but also the fourth year since the student went missing. Many think that the student is long gone and those students four years prior are now graduated, leaving only the professors and Headmasters to know what exactly went down that night of the lunar eclipse.

New aged students still recall this "myth" or "legend" as just that. Lunchroom talk between classes. So far, since the incident, the school had been smooth sailing. No problems with anything about "missing students." However, with this fresh batch of students, another goes missing. The Headmasters are hiding something, professors are scared and reluctant to speak. This leaves the students to pick up the missing pieces to figure out what's happening themselves. But they never expect to find what they do, which leads to more students going missing... Students now demand to be sent home, however not everyone goes. With half of the student body home, a group arises from the leftovers. They have until the next semester before they get sent home or whatever's happening gets to them first.

But they do have the choice to leave...
    Will you stand your ground and figure this out? Save people? Risk your own life?
    Or will you choose the secure net of safety your home offers you and forget about Redwood Academy for good?
    Time's ticking...

Last edited:
Bump
Welcome, Blake, Dabria, and Ven to Redwood Academy.
We will be closing the RP off now. Do not worry, this rp will open up once more in the future. So, if you wish to join in the future, post here so I can tag you when we do reopen the rp once more. Thank, you for everyone that has signed up. We will be starting soon!

This looks fun as hell, i'd love a tag if it opens up again

Bump
Welcome, Blake, Dabria, and Ven to Redwood Academy.
We will be closing the RP off now. Do not worry, this rp will open up once more in the future. So, if you wish to join in the future, post here so I can tag you when we do reopen the rp once more. Thank, you for everyone that has signed up. We will be starting soon!
I'd like to join when it opens back up ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back