• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Red String of Fate with a Dark Twist (Need Detective)

GhastlySquash

Two Thousand Club
This isn't my original idea. All credit goes to anxietyrat anxietyrat

Red String Of Fate

Essentially, both our characters are connected through visions in their dreams. They can see memories of each other, as well as share thoughts. And finally, they share a life force with each other where neither person can live without the other. If one dies, they both die.

In this scenario, one of our characters is a serial killer. The other character is a detective. Both characters experience visions of the other character's actions. For instance, the detective would have dreams of the killer's murders. They'd be helpless as they watch the the actions unfold from the memory. However, the detective can't identify the killer as the person is obscured by a hazy fog that covers not only their appearance but also their voice.

Meanwhile, the serial killer would also be having similar dreams of the detective in dangerous situations, and may even realize who the detective is from dreaming about their investigation.

From here, there's multiple plots to follow. The killer isn't sure if the detective has the same power as they do. The detective isn't sure if the killer is aware of their identity either.

This could also turn into a cat and mouse game where the killer uses this ability to taunt the detective into stopping them.

Or perhaps the killer is curious why the mythical red string of fate has connected them together.

PM me if interested.

pst... what if I said... I'm anxietyrat.
I'd love to hit you up on this. Thank you for crediting me, it is my baby and I love to see it have drawn inspiration out for someone!

pst... what if I said... I'm anxietyrat.
I'd love to hit you up on this. Thank you for crediting me, it is my baby and I love to see it have drawn inspiration out for someone!

Lol I just pmed you too I’d love to do this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back