• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Red Rover, Red Rover

hostage

tree hugger
We
thought
it
would
save
us.

It is April 16, 2046. Seven months ago, Doctor Adria Corznetsov engineered a “cure“ for cancer. And three months ago the world population plummeted almost 5 billion. It began like this.
~~~
The introduction of the cure was explosive. Several tests were given to a select number of patients, who, miraculously, were cured. It was then proven that even with exposure to a high amount of radiation, they would be non-susceptible to any other forms of tumors. As was expected, the population fought for access to the cure. Referred to as the Core, it was distributed among almost ten thousand patients. The Core was celebrated more with each person treated. Those who could afford it gloated, whilst those who could not sold their lives and bodies to get it either for themselves or their families.

The first case of negative reactions led to death. The victim died within minutes of the symptoms. Of course, that first death was brushed off. A horrible accident with a pre-existing ailment. That was until tens of thousands began experiencing the same. Heightened blood pressure, heart rate, and body temperature. Many were gone on the spot. They were the ones who got it easy.

The first monsters escaped the hospitals, leaving a trail of death in their wake. They had changed overnight, skin becoming pale and puckered, faces gaunt. They resembled wraiths, quick and unseen in the night. Not long after, the people who hadn’t died of the Core reactions turned as well. Exhibiting habits like those of a vampire, they flocked together in groups. The “Stalkers,“ as pinned by the US militia, showed extreme reactions to UV light, and hunted in the dark.

A quarter of the survivors showed signs of immunity to the cure-turned-virus. The Core inhabited only human bodies, as the animal hosts in testing were immediately killed by the virus. Survivors were picked off by the Stalkers, until only a couple of settlements were left. These groups of immune humans live in fear of the dark, surrounded by thick walls and weapons of every sort. Some decide to fight the Stalkers, using the cover of dawn to infiltrate the nests of the creatures, whilst others try as hard as possible to endure.

There is no cure. Only the Core.

They
are
the
Stalkers.

So if you haven’t figured it out by now, we will be RP-ing a group of immune survivors living in this time, working during the day and staying under cover at night. This plot is based off of the book and movie adaptation, “I am Legend.“ Great book, by the way. Don’t watch the movie unless you want to cry. I’ve come up with some basic ideas for a plot, as in we are a group called the “Rovers“ who routinely take checks outside of the settlement, either getting supplies or fighting Stalkers. Feel free to ask questions. If this garners enough interest I will post a short history thread, ooc, and character sheets.

So, a quick rundown of rules:
1. No god-moding, op characters.
2. No magic. Guns and weapons are a basic survival tool, but magic is a no-go.
3. Be courteous of fellow rpers. If you have a problem, come to me if you cannot figure things out.
4. Be semi-literate at least. I expect at least two paragraphs per post, regardless of circumstances. Tell me what your character is thinking or feeling. I also would prefer if you have a basic understanding of grammar and punctuation.
5. Any other RpNation guidelines apply here.
(To prove you have read this far, add any emoji of green colour to your character sheet when I post the thread.)

I am also looking for a co-GM in the rare case that I get too swamped to add plot points or answer questions. Simply shoot me a PM and I can give you a form.

I'm interested. I just joined the site, but I've been Rping for awhile. Just got to get used to the site.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I just joined the site, but I've been Rping for awhile. Just got to get used to the site.
amazing! just click the link above for the lore page, and at the top are the other threaded pages. don’t worry about code for your character sheet!

And welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay and find everyone to be welcoming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back