• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Red Markets - A Zombie RP

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
Red Markets is a post-apocalyptic zombie game, with players controlling "Takers," black market mercenaries who do contract work like collecting "proof of death" certificates like driver's licenses or recovering valuable research from abandoned laboratories to earn their keep in the zombie-infested wastelands of the Loss, or what pre-Crash folks called "everything West of the Mississippi River." This game is based on the Tabletop RPG of the same name, which has been described as "a game about the crushing misery of economics that uses zombies to lighten the mood." It is not going to be for the faint of heart - poverty, post-apocalyptic trauma, and the emotional weight of making your rent by risking life and limb are core to the roleplay. There will be a very light "character stats" system in place to encourage skill specialization and place realistic limits on characters, and certain tasks where failure has meaningful consequences may be adjudicated by a simple dice mechanic.

I have attached a pdf file containing the setting info, which I personally found highly enjoyable and worth every page. I'm not going to be a stickler about posting frequently, but I do ask that you be committed to at least once-weekly and be open with me about any difficulties you may have maintaining that - I can happily accommodate you, but I need to know. In terms of post length, I expect you to contribute to progressing the story, but sometimes that means just a few lines and sometimes it means more. Being flexible and descriptive is more important to me than word count.

Without further ado, please look over the attached file (don't get hung up on the things that seem like rules, we won't be using the same ones anyway) and give me a comment here to let me know if you're interested.

Main thread link -- Realistic or Modern - Red Markets IC

Last edited:
I would be up for it. I am new to rping in something like this. I may need some guidance. I've only ever rped in online wrestling (efeds) but this looks rad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back