• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Fever

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Archimedes was almost too shocked to clock what had just happened. A dead body, a corpse had just gotten back up. In his time as a doctor he had seen people survive very intense wounds, but this was something else. He looked at the corpses movements and how more traditional methods of attack proved useless against it. Theoretically one cant kill whats already dead. The tall man stood up and left the caravan, yet he didn't try to advance upon the....creature. "Everyone be careful! if he carried the fever in life then he surely still carries it!" he exclaimed. Despite his generally calm and polite tone, his voice was somewhat booming when he needed it to be.

It was then that the reality of the situation struck The Doctor. There where still piles of corpses in the towns and cities of Brolla. If these creatures where aggressive, or even simply continued to spread the plague then the results could be catastrophic. He had to send word back to the Medical Academy. But the matter of the walking corpse in front of him was currently more important. Archimedes was by no means at all a fighter, but still held his metal capped cane up like a mace, just in case the cadaver charged him.

"What a lovely song that was...not the happiest but still lovely in its own right. Oh, my apologies, you probably thought yourself alone did you not?"

A Voice coming from behind and to the left of the path suddenly sounded behind Beric. Julian had been out in the woods that weren't terribly far from town gathering things that the academy would need in the following days as it tried to help the population fight this plague. He had been assigned to gathering local resources like willow bark and other such useful things and the satchel he used for the foraging was not even close to being filled, but when he had heard Beric singing, he couldn't help himself but go and investigate. After all, there weren't many who would sing anymore what with the illness running rampant in the streets and it was a nice break from the grind that this was putting on his mind. All anyone ever talked about anymore was the plague...it simply became too much now and then for someone like him and so, here he was, volunteering to the foraging assignments to escape the deaths

Vudukudu Vudukudu

In a flash, Beric pivots and draws steel, leveling his sword toward the source of the voice in a raised, garish manner. On more than one occasion, looking more flashy than practical had served defensive purposes. When he sees the source, a rather gaudy looking sort with an eyepatch, he relaxes and lowers his blade. This man was no threat, that much was certain. Between his outfit and lack of steel, there was hardly cause for concern, or for wasting his time further.

Flashing a welcoming smile, he returns his sword to its scabbard. "Hardly a time to sing of happiness. Apologies for the blade, friend. War is my trade, and its left its marks." He says, raising his hands in an apologetic and dismissive gesture. "If its no bother to you then, I've a road ahead and a task at hand, so I'll be on my way." He excuses himself, pivoting back toward the road and strolling off.

Julian simply chuckled when the steel was drawn, he knew theatrics like the back of his hand. a cocky smile spread over his lips when the man before him apologized, Julian found himself speaking before his mind could fully prosses what it was he wanted to say...damn his no brain to mouth filter...

As I can tell good fellow, but I must ask, where is it you are heading off to in such a rush? it is strange to see people traveling these days, even more alone..."

Julian shifted his heavy black coat, his beaked doctors mask swinging from his belt where he had it secured for safekeeping at the moment now visible. He disliked wearing the mask for prolonged amounts of time, it got awfully stuffy and the herbs and vinegar tended to make his eye water

Calab was sitting at his seat inside the small wagon watching everyone enjoy the sweets he brought when suddenly Marian the elf, stopped the caravan for whatever reason. "what is it marian?" Loksha also caught this and watched the small elf get off, she followed her wondering what is it the little one had seen. Caleb, however was blocked by everyone, him being all the way at the front "whats happening?" When the creature showed itself Loksha simply stared at it wondering what it was, but then it seemed like everyone jumped infront of everyone, even stabbing and shooting the what seemed like injured man. Was he hostile? It seemed like it didn't feel the stab or the arrow in his chest.

Neither way it seemed that this man, or creature was threateningly approaching them and seeing how her companions had already taken hostile actions against him she supposed she had no choice but to eliminate it. Loksha walked forward of the group rather nonchalantly and simply up-sizing the creature, if it fled she would let it go, but if it continued onward she would have no choice but to use her weapon. and it continued. Sighing she grabbed her mace and swiftly swung it at the mans head causing his head to recoil backwards, she could hear and feel the crack and crunch as the body flew back after its own head. The body impacted onto the tree nearby and it slumped down onto the ground, unmoving. Loksha looked back at her compatriots wondering if what she did was acceptable, she didnt know what the man or creature did to deserve such hostile actions nor how it withstood sharp blows so effortlessly but it seemed to be dead once and for all.

Caleb in the meanwhile was in the process of getting out of the wagon confused as to why everyone had gotten off only to just catch the sight of Loksha sending the man flying. "Whoa! what happened?!" he stopped mid way out and looked over to the bloodied body of the man.

Crumbli Crumbli Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

Beric stops in his tracks and sighs dramatically. “Off to save mankind, I suppose. Plagues don’t stab themselves, now do they?” He replies, tapping the pommel of his sword with his right hand. With that said, he strode forth once more, intent on continuing with his business. He wasn't especially interested in continuing conversation with the doctor, who, as far as Beric was concerned, was rather off-putting. Anyone who managed to sneak up on him, even when he was distracted, wasn't someone he was comfortable remaining around. Doctors in general were unpleasant, for that matter. Too.. eerie. Especially with those masks.

Last edited:
Julian's voice was bright and over the top as he laughed before following behind the man, obviously not taking the hint that the man wanted to be left alone

"Well! I can understand that! If Us in the Medical field could simply stab sicknesses to death we would have been out of business! Though it'd be worth it to get rid of this wretched plague..."

Julian scowled as his thoughts went back to the plague at hand, they'd been trying to crack the plague for what felt like forever and still...nothing....

Aldous Underhill
The ride up had been hard on Aldous, who had never ridden an animal this far before and was certainly getting saddle-sore. As he closed again with the caravan (after falling behind to rest and fill his canteen) he rode up just in time to see Loksha bash the skull of someone in with a mace. He rode the ass up towards the now-growing line of travelers exiting the caravan and drew back the reins. "What ho! What is the cause for violence, sister?" He bellowed as he took his bow from around his chest and nocked an arrow, expecting some form of counterattack or ambush and assuming prematurely that the bludgeoned man was some highwayman that Loksha had dispatched.

After the attack failed to arrive, Aldous again put away his bow and placed the arrow back in its quiver before dismounting and joining the circle of companions. By now, he could see that the body was not outfitted like a highwayman, more like a common vagabond, and he showed signs of the disease. He misread the situation again. "Are we now inclined to mercy-killings? What say you, sister?" He said, shooting his glance first at Loksha then at Marian.

Crumbli Crumbli Petroshka Petroshka KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

Marian Vesta DeChaut.
Shireling Shireling KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Petroshka Petroshka Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Trapped in confusion as the corpse begins to move towards her, Marian watches an arrow strike its chest and feels herself being pulled back towards the caravan. She stumbles a bit as her feet try to keep up with the tugging motion but her eyes remain fixated on the man. The battle passes by her with little notice while she still tries to comprehend the idea that the dead could rise. The words of the others find themselves drowned out by her inner monologue, trying to place a reason or purpose behind its existence and why it wanted to fight. By the time she snaps out of her confusion she finds herself half way on board of caravan with one leg over the tray lip. She shakes her head to the side and drops back down now fully confident in her own understanding of the situation. She looks over the corpse but her assessment would prove unnecessary as everyone around had already considered it a danger. She goes to call to her party but stops before barely uttering a syllable as the man is bludgeoned by Loksha. She swallows hard and looks at the corpse now resting against the tree he'd originally perched himself up against. She mutters to herself, "Maerl preserve this wayward corpse. Uthar guide this lost soul."
With the fighting done she makes her way to Loksha and pats her arm. She hears the calls of Aldous and nods her head slowly. "Only to those who would reject Maerl with their dying breath, or perhaps curse Uthar, or the grand creator. This man was - is, I'm not even certain. I'm sure there are others like him but we can only pray he was the exception." Her eyes return to the corpse and she approaches it again, this time with her mace drawn. "Can you even put to rest those that came back from it? He looked to have found such a peace." She runs her fingers over its eyes and hums a hymn quietly to herself. The corpse makes no more movements and with this she feels certain that it won't return to haunt them. She rises from the dirt and looks to the group, returning her mace to its holster. "Bring him with us if you can. I have questions and I know someone who'll have answers." She makes a sweeping gesture for Loksha and Gerard, or anyone else, to lift the corpse into the caravan.
Marian climbs back into the caravan and calls to the driver once inside. "Take us to the abbey. It's urgent." The driver calls back in question, "Which one?"
"Vesta's Abbey. It's in the hills not far from Newport."
"I was headed there anyways. I'll need to drop some of those off in Newport mind you. Call out when you're all on."

Marian waits for Archimedes specifically to return to the caravan and awkwardly sits beside him so that the two might be able to discuss the reasons of the corpse coming back moments before. She places her hands in her lap, tucked between her thighs, and trying to take as little space as possible. A few strands of her hair drape from the corner of her mouth and find themselves the victim of her chewing habit. "Excuse me. Archimedes. You're a man of the humours, no? Do you have any idea why it is a man as dead as he could return to us in such a manner?" Nervous that she'd appear in a lack of control, she bluffs her way through having a theory of her own before Archimedes could even get a word in as to provide comfort and an air of confidence for anyone who might be listening in on their quiet conversation. "I-I know that the proclamations in the book of Salvatora explain this. It says that 'those who cast out Maerl and Uthar, their blessed patrons and keepers of the creation, trapped be their souls and flesh to wander without the other.' I just never thought it meant it so literally."

Loksha glared at the elf then back at Caleb who approached her and explained what the elf had said. With that being said Loksha followed the instructions, grabbing the body of the limb body and throwing it on her shoulders and making her way to the wagon just to lay it down on the floor. Caleb laid a blanket sheet over it so they didn't have to see it while they rode in the wagon, "if you dont mind." he looked at them with a sorry face. Marian seemed disturbed so he didnt want her to be so disturbed through the whole ride, listening into the conversation that Marian had with the doctor Caleb spoke up. "If what you say is true, and that man was truly dead before." he paused and placed a hand to his chin. "i have heard stories but ive never seen something like this myself." Waving his hand to explaining the urban legends "there are stories of dead rising from old and ancient battlefields but ive never heard of something like this on an individual scale."

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Crumbli Crumbli Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Gérard MácArchibald

Gerard shudders to the thought of the dead coming back to life, it was unknown to him at that time as he only knew the plague through stories and through the horrifying revelation that his father was infected by it. Then he remembers his father, worried slightly as he too may have become a shambling infected.

Snapping out of it, Gerard approached The Doctor, Caleb and Marian who were busy discussing on what to do with the dead body.

"Don't hold the corpse without protection...what ever damned curse it has, it might befall on all of us." Gerard rested his spear on his side as he cleanses the tip of his spear from the blood of the zombie using a linen cloth before throwing it away to be replaced with a new one.

"Oh and Caleb, nice job out there." Gerard added before tapping his shoulder.
Petroshka Petroshka Crumbli Crumbli KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

"what do you mean? i was the only one that couldnt do anything..." He looked at his fellow knight mildly confused, of course it wasnt his fault. He was all the way at the very back of the wagon, and Loksha was scarily quick despite being so large. Speaking of Loksha he looked at her it was indeed quite the unusual sight for a lizardman warrior to be this far away from home, how bad had things gotten over there? Loksha herself resumed her position keeping silent in a wagon full of natives she could not understand, although seeing the worried faces of everyone was they talked over the corpse of the dead man, perhaps in fear of him rising again. She did what a perhaps sensible person would do and grabbed her mace again but gently putting it on the corpse of where the torso should be under that cloth. It wasnt heavy enough for the others to lift but it should give everyone enough warning time if the corpse actually does come back, a prospect she hoped would not happen.

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Crumbli Crumbli Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Gérard MácArchibald
Petroshka Petroshka Crumbli Crumbli

"Ah. its not because you didn't fight, but its because you took the initiative to try to know your potential friends and how you do your first impressions on them." Gerard said as he smiles at the fellow knight.

"Creating the foundations to build trust within the group, it was something I noticed when you tried to give some of us of those delicious treats... but anyway..."
He added before looking over at the corpse that's being loaded, his spear already wrapped in a new Linen cloth that he had in his pack, but it was his last.

"...I better hope that.. thing. Does not rise again..." Such thought pierced Gerard's mind, a dead man rising, a victim of the same wretched plague that ravaged his hometown, Gerard slightly feared the idea of bringing in plague ridden body as it might spread to them and they themselves spread it to the other people that were not yet affected. Placing the Spear's tip that's wrapped in linen cloth on the torso where the heart is just incase it does move again, Gerard wondered why should they drag the body with them as it would cause some unwanted attention.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Gerard said in a slightly worried tone.

Archimedes listens to Marian's rushed theory, treating it as he would any new medical or scientific theory "While i shall not cast out any....divine input, i do wonder why this would only happen now? iv been to a few abbeys in my time and have never heard of such a case as this" He explained, taking a note of Marian's attempt to take up as little room as possible "I have seen men survive very terrible wounds, stabbings, missing limbs, bludgeons to the head....but this is something else" he said, taking a breath before looking down at the corpse, moving its head with his cane "You would be surprised as to what a man can survive, in the moment at least, when he's in a rage, or in an adrenaline rush" It was at this point that the doctor had calmed down and tried to properly rationalize the situation "He could have been under the effect of a strange concoction, perhaps one that dulls the senses enough to bypass the decay of his skin?".

The Doctor took a few more moments to examine the body "I wish to further examine the body, the more i can learn, the better" he said, looking back to Marian "Although, it really depends on how long he was dead for.." he explained before looking to everyone around him "I suggest no one touch the body, and was all the blood from your hands, weapons and clothes" he warned, looking down at his heavily waxed outfit, thankful he decided to make it a standard for the doctors.

Crumbli Crumbli

Marian Vesta DeChaut.
Shireling Shireling KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach

Marian listens to the doctor nodding her head to show her engagement in his explanation. By the tone of his voice and the wide range of possibilities he provided, she slowly realises he's just as clueless as herself. She too had seen her fair share of injuries and people who'd survived the unlikely but this wasn't survival. This was reanimation of the dead and from what she saw in terms of nearby people there was no mage to pull the strings. She sighs and takes the doctor's warning with the same level of consideration he'd taken her justification. "When we take it to my sisters, we'll have them look it over. They can tell us what happened. If anyone of us knows it's likely to be them."

She gives her attention to Gerard with a weak smile to try and comfort him. Her worry was just as visible as anyone else's but she knows she has to remain a strong and stable figure for the group. She's their leader after all and if she can't find a solution she should be able to find someone else who can. "You worry too much, Gerard. We'll be fine. We'll all be fine." Her voice trapers off at the end and her attention returns to the doctor beside her.
"We both know he was dead for hours at the least, days would be more likely. He was firm when we touched him." She leans forward and presses her hand on its shoulder, pushing her thumb down and pushing up against is muscles. "And he still feels the same." Her eyes flicker out of the caravan and watches the line of trees come to a sudden halt. They'd broken out of the forest and were now returning to the city. "When the coach stops to unpack the barrels, I'll see what I can find to help wash ourselves off."

Gérard MácArchibald
Petroshka Petroshka Crumbli Crumbli

Gérard nodded at the Elven sister's words, despite of her assurance there was doubt in in his mind about what the Elven sister said. In his mind laid a flashback to the past where a fellow squire told him that everything will be fine, the same exact words that Marian has said. This horrified Gerard for a short while as those words was a flag for an upcoming danger, a flag that Gerard saw when he was a squire before. Eventually Gerard snapped out of the flash back and returned back to reality.

"If you say so, Boss." Gerard said, acknowledging her as the party's leader and the one who will bring them fame and fortune.

Reaching out for his flask of ale only to realize it was empty when Caleb emptied it all in one swig. Sighing, Gerard puts the flask back to his back pouch before leaning on his seat in the Caravaneer's coach. Looking at Caleb who seems to be chilling about on his seat but upon closer inspection by him, there was worry underneath it. Thinking of a way to get his attention, Gerard realized that Caleb owes him some Ale.

"So. Caleb is it? I decided you owe me a drink. or perhaps everyone should drink together as a sign of friendship. Aye?" Gerard smiled a bit, hoping to bring light to the dimly lit event that had transpired a few moments ago.

Nairna MacCinidh
Narina kept quiet throughout the rest of the journey. The others had dealt with the strange man before she had been able to act. It was… disturbing and made the Wulver think. Was that the Red Fever? Is that what it did? It caused an insanity that enticed them to attack others with no justifiable reason? The Wulver grumbled under her breath. What could it do to something other than a human? It disturbed her.

The bird-man seemed eager to study the body, something Narina was really unsure of. The stench was making her nose run and it was really disturbing to her. She wanted to refuse to co-operate but Marian had said it was okay. And she was their leader, Narina knew she had to do what everyone wanted if she was going to stay in this group. So Narina did not speak for the rest of the journey. All she gave in terms of an interaction was a small and toothy smile at Gerald mentioning them all drinking together. Whether he was serious or not, the Wulver had no idea but still.

Eventually, the caravan rumbled to a stop at the entrance of the city. Narina looked to Imelda with lowered ears. She was anxious. Despite the more pleasant relationship the pair shared, she remembered the threat of violence she had gotten from the huntress. She was anxious. How would these people react. If her first interactions with the group was any indication, Wulvers were not know in this land.

As the caravan trundled through the entrance, Narina tried to keep her head down to avoid attention from the crowded street. However her efforts did not appear to work as a piercing shout caused her head and ears to erect, her hackles raising.

LYCAAAAAAN!” A woman shrieked, catching the attention of the surrounding crowd. Nairna felt her heart-rate skyrocket as she desperately tried to greet the woman neutrally, covering her mouth with her forearm and shaking her head. But this only seemed to alarm them even more. Why!? They were all talking over each other and Nairna could not understand anything they were saying. With a very little grasp of their language, the Wulver started becoming panicked.

She glanced at the group anxiously, silently pleading for them to do something. Unable to think of anything else, Narina jumped down from the caravan but as she did, her tail swung and hit a bystander standing close to the caravan. Her bad timing meant that she had knocked into a cart that had been crossing the roads, causing his collection of cabbages to fall and bounce along the cobblestone. "Ah! My cabbages!" The salesman yelped in dispair as he desperately tried to capture his rapidly fleeing vegetables. Narina gulped and licked her lips excessively from anxiety. All she could do was keep trying to greet them neutrally, but she had her eye on the exit, ready to run for it if anything bad happened, or if any silver appeared.
Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Crumbli Crumbli Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Last edited:
Marian Vesta DeChaut.
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Thinking over the layout of the city, Marian is caught off guard by the scream of a lycan and instantly turns her gaze to the caller. The woman was some ways away but had evidently made a clear connection with their sick companion and the curse. Before being able to think of any encouraging words or excuses to dissuade the woman from creating a scene, a small crowd gathered by her. The crowd seemed both confused and agitated which quickly put a stop to any appeals to compassion Marian was considering making. She stares down at the floorboards and mumbles to herself, "In dark times like these any blame is good blame."
Hoping to keep everything calm she stays quiet from that point until the moment the loud thumping of a cursed soul jumping off the back of the caravan can be heard. She looks up to see the fleeing furs of their companion and without hesitation jumps to her feet to chase after her. She runs to the backdoor, taking up her shield and placing one foot atop the tray. She turns to the rest of the group and instructs them to, "Stay with the caravan. We'll find you." With that she jumps from the back and lands with a slight bending of the knees to ease her fall. She takes a second to get her bearings and searches for clues to indicate where the werewolf might have run off to.

She spies her companion causing a scene and puts the positioning of the two down to the speed of the caravan and its travelling. She slowly approaches Nairna with her right hand raised and open in a display of peaceful intentions. She waves to the side in an attempt to encourage other passersby to keep moving or to step aside while she seemingly tried to 'deal with the beast'. With the most gentle voice she can manage in such a public venue she starts, "Miss, please. Calm down. It's me - sister Marian. Just take it slow and everything will be alright." She cranes her head to the side and offers a weak smile. "You remember the others and myself, yes?" she asks before whispering to herself, "or have you turned already?"

Julian had been on his way back through the town, he hadn't found much within the forest that would be useful in the tasks of tackling the fever and so had given up right around the time the carriage had passed through. Unfortunately, he'd missed the travelers and hadn't been able to hitch a ride. He was arriving late to the party and had just come through the gates when he'd heard shouting about Lycan and....cabbages? Being one to never miss dramatic situations he quickly made his way to the scene, being a full head taller than most around served in his favor as he came across the crowd, he could easily see over others heads. His single silver eye widened in interest as he spotted the Wulver, though he had no idea of what she was and of course simply saw a wolf girl...his words left his lips, only loud enough for himself and those around him to hear, and possibly Nairna with her better than normal hearing, his voice held interest and had no ill will towards her. What an opportunity! To have such a creature so close! The studies he could perform!

"Remarkable!"

He strode confidently through the crowd, making small apologies and asking to be let through, when he got to the open center around the creature and other girl he carefully stepped forward as he observed the elven maid asking about the wolves state of mind...aaah, he saw what she was doing. his beaked mask swinging at his hip, he also noticed the way the wolves hands were up, and was that an attempt at a smile? He saw intelligence in those eyes as he raised his own hands in a peaceful way, bending down so shed meet his eye with at least one of hers as he let her know he wasn't a threat and that he didn't see her as one, he hoped that his posture was showing he was unarmed and meant no harm to her, he spoke softly to her, his own smile on his lips.

"It's alright...I'm here to try and help...it'll be okay..."

He then straightened up and turned to the crowd, his voice confident as he folded his arms over his chest

"What seems to be the problem? Has this Lycan done any harm? If not, Leave her be. It is rude to call out and surround guests to our fine city like this! No matter how different! Can you not see that you also are scaring her? If she hasn't done anything yet, she surely will if you all do not dissipate and leave her be. Just like any animal would if trapped and threatened! So Go on! Shoo!"

He then made an overdramatic 'sho sho' motion with his hands towards the closest people, an almost comical frown on his lips as he tried to dissipate the crowd and calm the situation

Nairna MacCinidh

Narina was thoroughly alarmed by the reactions from the town’s citizens but she was too afraid to move. Through the commotion, she noticed Marian. Her ears erected and her tail wagged as she initially started walking towards her, but the Wulver paused upon seeing her posture and hearing her voice. It was gentle and soothing, but Narina was still unsure. She was talking as if she could not remember her. But why?

Then it hit her. She remembered stories that her mother would tell her, of humans becoming sick with a disease that would turn them into wolf-like monstrosities, similar to Wulvers. But… Wulvers were a peaceful race, her mother had told her that these ‘lycans’ were violent and dangerous. But they looked similar so Narina would need to know the difference between the two.

N-No-N-” she struggled to get out the words out, “No Lycan!” she yelped in distress, how could she have been so stupid? She then turned as a man appeared from the crowd, speaking in a confident voice to the crowd. He also called her a Lycan, much to her dismay. Narina’s breathing grew anxious and shallow, as if trying to breathe through a straw. She desperatly wanted to tell them that she was a Wulver; a completely different species but at this point, she simply could not think straight.

A mix of fear from the crowd’s screaming, her companion’s misunderstanding of her and the general upset from the whole situation caused the Wulver to sniff anxiously and some tears leaked from her hawk yellow pair, leaving flat, wet tracks on her furry cheeks. She just wanted to run, this whole thing was a terrible idea! Nobody could understand what she was saying, she didn't speak their tongue (very well at least) and they did not speak hers. At this realisation that she was totally alone with no way to convince them she was not dangerous, a couple of distressed and involuntary whines escaped out of the canine's mouth, which she kept closed in fear that exposing her teeth would make it worse. At this point all the distressed canine could do was curl up into a ball, hiding her mouth with her arms. Maybe if she made herself look tiny and non-threatening they’d leave her alone…
Fae13 Fae13 Crumbli Crumbli

Last edited:
Imelda Kerrigan
"So please protect us on this journey and grant the lost soul his final rest...." Imelda finished her rather fevered prayer as the convoy reached its destination. Her mind was abuzz with the revelation of what seems to be the Fever reanimating its corpses, thanking the Earth Mother for giving them the foresight to burn all those who died of the disease back home. But to see the body just rise and even seemingly look around was... unsettling. Another reason why she worries is the fact that the undead roaming about is a sign of the End Times. But surely this is just due to the Fever right? Or was the fever also a sign?

"Mother watch over us all..." Imelda muttered before realizing the convoy had stopped.... And that there was a loud commotion going on outside. Pushing aside the fabric cover, she could only sigh. Of course it was the wolf. Imelda couldn't blame the townsfolk for their panic. After all, she did threaten to kill her newest companion just a few hours earlier. Still, it was nice to see the Little Sister trying her best to calm down the crowd. And so was this other man. He seemed awfully chipper about the whole thing as he almost comically tried to shoo the crowd away. Stifling a giggle, she got out of the caravan, approached her wulver companion.... And lightly tugged her ear.

"Tsk tsk tsk.... What did I say about walking about on your own?" Imelda pretended to scold the wulver while putting on a stern expression. She made sure she spoke loud enough to be heard by the crowd. "Such a disobedient one you are. I made myself clear that you shouldn't walk around by your own, didn't I? Must I scold you again before you get it? Do I have to get the stick?"

Hopefully this should make the crowd know that the so called monster before them was harmless.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Crumbli Crumbli Fae13 Fae13

Gérard MácArchibald

Gerard sighs after thinking about the incident at the forest, more so the thought of the plague victim rising up from the dead to attack the living but before he went deep in thought about the situation at hand, another one happened commotion in the town, his curiousity slightly peaked even more when their party leader, Marian decides to check things out, but under her orders of staying with the Caravan. Gerard stayed along with Loksha, Caleb and the rest of the Caravan, his spear ready just incase something happens.

"I need some ale... a bellyful of mead might be nice as well." Gerard said to himself as he goes down the carriage and leans on the caravan carriage with his red spear on hand. Watching the commotion that was happening nearby, he noticed people and Marian crowding around the Wulver.

"A... Lycan?" Gerard scratched his head a little, wondering how a lycan managed to get in a settlement full of people and even more bewildering to him is how the Lycan not attacking anyone especially admist a Hostile crowd with only two people trying to defend the Lycan.

"I must be having those withdrawals..." Gerard shrugs and waited for their boss to come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back