• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Red Dead Redemption 2 (Plot inside) (Updated/edited rules a little)

LocalRat

(First off; it is important to note that I have anxiety and I may have stop the roleplay at some point. I can't ever give an estimate on when, and if you wish to roleplay, please keep this in mind.)

As always, please read my rules and roleplay info before messaging about this roleplay.

My rules, info and character is attached to this post.

Read through all of my rules before messaging about a roleplay, thank you!

× Please be literate or more.

× As of right now, for romance plots I only do BxG or GxG. I will only do BxB if I have come to you or if I have made a post about it, please do not come asking for it unless you've seen a request.

× Please be close to or within my timezone, which is UTC+2/CET. 1-5 hour difference is fine, but any more than that and it gets a little frustrating.

× Please have a good grasp of proper grammar and punctuation. You can write however you want OOC, but during the roleplay, I ask that you make an effort. It makes it easier for me to immerse myself.

× Be able to post a reply generally a few times a week. If something comes up and you will be unavailable for a week or more, please let me know! I will do the same.

× I have anxiety and things will come up that I'm suddenly no longer comfortable with roleplaying. I ask that you understand and respect me in that regard.

× For the sake of my own comfort, I will only roleplay with people who are 16+.

× Do not ask for smut. Making out is fine, we can then fade to black, but that's all.

× If we do not click, go ahead and tell me! We can part ways, no hard feelings. I will do the same.

× Be able to come up with ideas with me! I love making ideas with my roleplay partner, getting ourselves hyped up for future scenes etc!

× You can find my triggers in my roleplaying info!

My password is "Red foxes". (There is a password so that I know you have read and understood my rules.)
× I am literate to advanced literate. I'm not quite sure where the line is drawn between these terms, so this is an estimate.

× I usually reply multiple/many times a day, I'm relatively active. If I won't be available for a few days, I'll tell you.

× My timezone is UTC+2/CET

× I try to write a paragraph or two with my responses, but I'm not always able to, depending on what's going on and how much detail my partner has given me.

× I have anxiety and sometimes I will have to back off from a roleplay/end it. Sometimes I may also just need a break for a few hours, days or (rarely) weeks.

× Triggers:

× Detailed rape, gore, abuse and other violence

× Detailed suicide thoughts, suicides and suicide attempts

× Mentions and details of animal abuse

× Roleplaying as real people (celebrities, youtubers, influencers, streamers, etc. Not so much a trigger, but it makes me very uncomfortable and a little anxious. Do not ask for it, I won't accept you roleplaying as a real person either.)

× Descriptions or frequent mentions of drug abuse. (It's okay for the character to have had an addiction in the past, I don't mind, as long as it isn't a main focus or constantly mentioned!)

Writing Sample

The air was thick with a smell of beer and sweat. The tavern was packed this evening, people filing in and out of the door, squeezing through to find a seat.
A crowd was gathering around one table in particular, where the figure of a huge man was hunched over the table, the back of his head against the ceiling.
He was an orc, and in front of him sat a human man, a determined look in the man’s eyes. He smirked at the orc, and the orc chuckled in return, his tusks glistening in the light.

“I don’t want to break ye hand.” Despite orcs’ usual violent and aggressive nature, this one seemed more civil.
“You’re not going to, it’s fine.” The man insisted and took a hold of the orc’s hand, readying himself for their arm wrestle.
“Will someone countdown for us?” The human glanced to the crowd, a few of the men then started counting.
3… 2… 1…
There was determination in the man’s green eyes, while the orc looked rather laidback. None of them said anything, their muscles straining. The crowd started chanting for them, and the votes seemed to be on the orc.
“Lochlan! Lochlan!” Voices rung in the armwrestlers’ ears, and the orc confidently raised his eyebrows at the man.

Lochlan, the big orc, forced down the man’s arm, slowly. The man was strong, certainly, although he could not resist the orc’s force forever.
The man’s arm was finally brought down on the table with a loud thud, and the crowd exploded with cheers and whistles.
Both of the wrestlers laughed and toasted, beer spilling from their wooden mugs.
“A fair fight.” The man stated with an amused smirk on his face, and Lochlan snickered.
“You almost had it.” The orc agreed.

My character may seem a bit like a damsel in distress or one of those characters who need reassurance all of the time, but he is not and I do not intend to play him that way. He is generally functioning, but of course has his flaws.
Trigger Warning/there will be mentions of:
Drug abuse/addiction, alcoholism

Toxic/abusive household
Homophobia

Mentions of depression and anxiety

Appearance

Jonas is a short and slim man. He has a narrow face.
He's short, or at least less than the average height, which he's got from his mother.

He has light blue-gray eyes and has got a buzzcut. If his hair was grown out it would be dirty blonde and curly.
He's pale and has a few moles here and there.

He has a scar on the left side of his jaw (not very noticeable), he has a scar along his right shin, and otherwise has few smaller scars simply from when he was a clumsy child.

Personality
Jonas has, since childhood, always been a little reserved and shy. He's come out of his shell more as he's gotten older, but he can still be and feel a little awkward around strangers.
He suffers from moderate anxiety, something which he has a hard time confronting and accepting. He still gets things done and is functioning for the most part, despite his anxiety.

Jonas is skeptical of others and will often question someone (even someone who he usually trusts) many times if he suspects he's being lied to. This can make it frustrating to plan surprises for him, as he's observant and will realize something is going on, afterwards asking a million questions.

Sometimes Jonas will overcome his anxiety by acting on impulses. It takes a lot of mental energy, so even though he has overcome the obstacle, he'll often regret it as he's exhausted afterwards.

𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗿
Jonas easily gets frustrated with himself, if there is something he can't figure out, something he 'can't do right' and alike. He's a little ill-tempered at times, but will for the most part calm down quickly.

Jonas can get defensive and aggressive despite otherwise being shy. He isn't exactly fond of fighting, but once his temper is fired up, he'll often accept a fight even if he has no chance of winning. He's lost countless fights and barely ever won, which could also be blamed on his scrawny physique.

𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗲𝗰𝗵/𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲
Jonas doesn't have a very refined language. He swears casually and doesn't consider toning it down unless told to.
He'll be more careful with the swearing when he's around children and teens, but it may slip for him.

Other

Family

Kristinna Krarup (Mother, alive)

Bill Coleman (Father, deceased, death by heartattack)

Kristian Krarup (Older brother, alive)

Kristinna grew up in Denmark and moved to America when she was a young woman. She met Bill, settled down and had two children.
Kristinna has taught Jonas and Kristian Danish, which she would always speak with them when the opportunity was there.

Both Jonas and Kristian speak Danish and English fluently.

Hobbies and Interests
Jonas had spent very little time of his teen and young adult life trying to figure out what he liked, as most of his time was spent with Miguel and fueling his addiction, therefor he's still not sure what he likes and he doesn't ever know what to say if anyone asks about his interests.

However, when Jonas and Kristian were kids, they used to play a lot of Animal Crossing together, back when the family was almost okay.

Jonas is embarrassed to admit it, but the game is very dear to him. Due to his lack of money, he hasn't been able to get his hands on another Animal Crossing game, but it's his goal to get to play it again, for old times sake.

Jonas' Timeline/Backstory
𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗱 (𝟬-𝟭𝟯 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗹𝗱)
Jonas and his older brother, Kristian, attended school together for many years. Kristian was much more extroverted than Jonas, and Jonas would find Kristian to be good support for home work, against bullies, and to gain confidence.

School was more comfortable and 'safe' than the brothers' home, as their father didn't treat them well. Bill didn't often physically harm them, but he would always yell, mock, bully and belittle his sons, along with his girlfriend, Kristinna.

Jonas' mother and father were never married, and therefor Kristian and Jonas kept their mother's last name.

𝗧𝗲𝗲𝗻-𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗱𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 (𝟭𝟰-𝟮𝟬)
This is where things started going South. Jonas attended high school, but spent much less time with his brother than usual. He became friends with a boy on his own age, named Miguel. Miguel had his own struggles and had started experimenting with drugs at a young age.
Miguel was the one who introduced Jonas to drugs, at around 16 years old. Jonas' grades fell and so did his attendance in class. Jonas' family didn't see him as much, he would be gone most of the day and night, he hated being home.

Jonas' father had, at the start of Jonas' teen years, started drinking a lot. Addiction, specifically alcoholism, was no new concept to Jonas, although being the one addicted was foreign. He told Kristian at around age 17 and Kristian urged Jonas to ask for help. Kristian informed their parents at that point, but the two adults in their lives were distant and unwilling to help.

Jonas' addiction continued for a good few years. He had dropped out of school and lived with Miguel as roommates. Kristian lived on his own, their parents still lived together and weren't very easy to contact anymore, as Bill spent more time being drunk than sober, and Kristinna was working to afford to keep living.

The family was falling apart and was very dysfunctional, more than it had ever been in previous years.

Jonas and Miguel spent a lot of time together, as they were roommates and often did drugs together. Jonas started developing romantic feelings for Miguel, and eventually confessed. However, Miguel turned out to be very homophobic, and he threw Jonas out.

Jonas had to return home and explain his situation. His father was nonforgiving as he had always been, but his mother showed more sympathy. Jonas was holed up in his room and didn't see his parents much, despite living at home. He still managed to feed his addiction, although not as frequently as when he had lived with Miguel.

He fell into a depression during that time.

𝗔𝗱𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 (𝟮𝟭-𝟮𝟳)
Jonas had now lived at home for half a year or so. His father was getting tired of having Jonas around, and both parents urged Jonas to get a job. Kristinna also tried persuading Jonas into seeking help for his addiction.

Jonas continued to live with his parents for another month. During that time, he managed to overdose and was sent to the hospital. After that incident, his parents no longer wanted him at home, and Jonas finally seeked out a rehabilitation program.
Jonas met a man named Michael (Mike) during rehabilitation. They became good friends and there had briefly been talk about getting together, but the two of them decided not to, since they were both struggling with something.
Mike and Jonas stayed in contact after they had both finished their program. Mike stayed sober, and Jonas relapsed.

Jonas found places to sleep now and then. Old addict friends, new addict friends, sometimes kind people who would let him stay for the night.
He had another overdose during that time, and finally decided that he really wanted to turn his life around. He went through another rehabilitation program, and stayed clean after that.

He hadn't talked to his brother properly for years, and his father had died of a heartattack during the past year. His mother didn't want Jonas home, she had a lot to deal with already, and she was afraid that Jonas might not be able to stay sober.

Jonas contacted his brother, and was allowed to stay with Kristian and his fiancé for a while, until he was back on his feet.
The living arrangement didn't always go well, the brothers had a lot of arguments and the atmosphere was always very tense.

Eventually, Jonas moved into his own apartment. He didn't have a stable job, and now that he was sober, his anxiety could no longer be drowned out, and he was coming to realize that he had to take care of it.

𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 (𝟮𝟴-𝟯𝟮)
Presently, at the age where I will be using Jonas for roleplays.

Jonas will be doing okay. He has been sober for almost two years, he has a job and is still friends with Mike.
He talks to his brother every now and then, but has yet to see his mother or even visit his father's grave. The family situation is still quite broken and a sensitive subject.

This roleplay will be with my OC and Arthur Morgan. It doesn't have to be romance, the two of them can be good friends instead!

I've played through the game twice and will sometimes come back to it and go further with a third playthrough I've started. I have a good grasp of the world and story, although there are certainly things I forget or don't even think of.

For this roleplay I ask that you've played through the game so that you have an understanding of the characters and the world.

This roleplay will mainly focus on Jonas and Arthur, but we can certainly branch out and add more life to the roleplay. Jonas and Arthur are their own people along with the rest of the gang, and if it fits, we can roleplay some of their own activites and interactions besides each other!

Genres
Drama, action, romance (optional), fantasy (maybe/optional), realism (possibly Slice of Life?)

The plot
The year is 2020, the Covid pandemic is present and Jonas wishes more than anything that it could be skipped, that he could go forward in time until it was all done and over.
One day as he's about to leave his apartment, he finds a letter outside his door, adressed to him. Right as he opens it, everything goes dark.

He awakes to find himself at the side of a dirt road, confused as ever. Unbeknownst to him, he has landed himself in alternate 1899, in what's left of the so called 'wild west'.

How Jonas and Arthur meet is something we can discuss together.
Arthur could come riding by, confused at the sight of someone so strange looking as a modern man.
Jonas could go to town (Valentine presumably, but where they are in the story is also up for discussion.) and meet Arthur there somehow.
There are many possibilites and we can figure it out together!

Whether or not the game exists in this roleplay is up to us, and whether or not Jonas has any knowledge of the game is also something we can discuss together! I don't mind either way :^)

Other
I also have some vague ideas for future scenes that I am more than willing to tell you about! It could give you a feel for what I have in mind for this roleplay and maybe it'll inspire even more ideas for the roleplay. The ideas are of course up for discussion too, as I want us both to be interested in the roleplay!

I would also like to mention that my character does have a bit of a long backstory, so if you would rather have me send a shorter summary, let me know!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back