• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Red and Blue (Marvel RP)

"C'mere.", Laura chuckled as Nathaniel reached out for her. She was used to the fact that the older kids seemed to cling to Clint every time he was around. So, she was happy that at least one of their children was still a mommy child. It wasn't that she was jealous of the fact that Cooper or Lila preferred Clint around but still a small selfish part adored the fact that Nathan seemed to prefer her over Clint. But she also knew it would be only a matter of time until he came running to Clint as well. After all it was only natural because their children didn't see him as often as they saw her. She was the constant in their life.
"Oh, don't be jealous.", she joked towards Clint as she cooed at Nathan, "Just because he prefers me over you doesn't mean he doesn't love you as well."
Laura watched the two interact and knew that Cooper had a point. He always promised the kids it would be the last time he went on missions and yet he went to break it each and every time. Perhaps she should talk to Clint the next time that he shouldn't make such promises.
"You know what's the upside on this all? Dad owes you something once he comes back. You know that breaking promises come with a price perhaps dad's price will be going on a trip with you and your sister or something else? But for now, show me what your new bike is able to do.", she smiled at Cooper and went to distract him instead of trying to make this situation better. She knew better than to argue with her eldest on that part. Still it broke her heart seeing her children suffer from this every time. So she ran her hand through Cooper's hair and messed them up despite of knowing that her eldest hated it.

Pepper watched Tony and placed her hand on top of his. "I'll wait for you in Malibu, alright?", she whispered to him and pressed a last kiss to her fiancé's cheek. She smiled friendly at him and squeezed his hand before letting go off his hand and watch him wander off. Now, that Tony would take the car she needed to come up with a solution on how to leave the farm. As much as she liked this place, she wanted to go home and take care of her work and life.

"Well, think about it.", Wanda shrugged over the fact that the man stayed more or less quiet. He stared at the leaving group and the young woman walked over to her brother. The brunette could sense her twin's confusion over how she acted. Of course she understood his confusion and somehow they had become a family despite of the current disagreement. A family stayed a family even after fights and Pietro should just know that. She placed her hand on her brother's shoulder in a silent reminder that she was still here for him. She knew how he acted when he was jealous and this seemed to be the beginning of it. "Do you know why they leave?", she asked him quietly and watched after Vision, who seemed preoccupied with Stark and his nonsense.

Steve watched Wanda interact and leave. He saw Bucky's confusion and reach out for him to help. But it was his decision to make not Steve's. He knew that so Bucky simply gave him a nonchalant shrug in a silent manner to tell the man it was his decision after all. His gaze went to the commotion around Stark and for a moment he wondered if he should offer his help. But he had done so in the past with his sincere letter. So Stark should know that he was there if he needed him. Just one question and he was there to help like he had promised. Otherwise his priorities were getting Bucky back to his old self. The one that he had fought alongside back during their days.
"How are you doing, pal?", he suddenly asked and offered Bucky a hand to help him up. He seemed more reserved towards the assassin but still friendly. Just like when Sam and he had found James when everyone had thought he had killed the King of Wakanda and terrorized the UN. He looked at him the same way, telling his best friend that they were there for him if he needed someone.

Natasha walked inside retrieving two guns from her bag. It were the only weapons she had brought with her. The rest of her Black Widow gear were securely locked to a place only she had access to. She placed the holster around her waist and secured both guns to it. She was quiet absorbing the situation and something was off with it. It was like a bad premonition and the redhead had been on too many missions to know the feeling by now. Something was about to happen and it had something to do with that message. She watched the whole scene unfold and took in the details she needed to know.
Natasha joined them in the car and gave Clint a silent raise of an eyebrow as he exclaimed to go to the Bahamas. "Well, better pack some sunscreen then.", she spoke not showing any interest on going on vacations herself. The last time she had taken some time off after speaking publicly on court, she had gone to Russia to find her parents. But the only thing she had spotted were two sad tomb stones near a fence to an official area. So naturally vacationing didn't come to her mind often. She preferred staying busy with work as it kept her mind sane.
At the mention of honeymoon, a small satisfied smile appeared on her lips. So she definitely hadn't mistaken the ring on Pott's finger.
"Congratulations on the engagement though.", she simply replied deciding to ignore the rest and the way Clint tried to tell her to go on vacation as well. Perhaps she would or wouldn't... But that was not for her to decide right now.
"So the kid... Has he seen something else besides those stores and the note?", she asked and continued "Do you really want to drag him into this?"

Cooper wasn't happy with the situation, but the fact that his Mom tried to distract him was a clear sign that it was something serious. His Dad wasn't going to be back very soon, he knew that. It had always been like that since he could remember. He had never been home longer than a month and it had never bothered him. Sure, sometimes he had been sad or he had cried, but he had been a kid back then. Kids did that sometimes. Now he was almost a teenager and his way of thinking had changed. Dad had been hurt, he had been hurt badly. And on his mother's face he had seen the fear. He had seen the worry and immediately something had changed. He knew now that every time Dad went to fight, there was a possibility that he wouldn't come back.
"I don't wanna play with my bike, I just wanna be alone", he told Mom and went upstairs to his room, where he locked the door. Now he cried again. He was afraid that Dad wouldn't make it back for him to tell him how much he loved him. He wasn't angry about him breaking his promise... if he just would come home again...

Happy got the text from Tony and got out of the chair he was sitting on with a sigh. Dammit, Tony. Always at the worst moment.
He had just opened a beer and made himself comfortable in front of the tv. It was his free day today and the last thing he had expected was a: "Please pick Pepper up, I have a case"- text from his former boss. Tony still treated him like his personal driver sometimes and he mostly said no. But today... this sounded important. Moreover, Pepper and him would have to drive to New York in a few hours anyways. It was a big deal, some important investors were coming to see the company and thinking of a long term partnership. At least that was what Pepper had told him. Happy didn't really know much about that kind of business, but what he did know was that this was important for the company and important for Pepper. And if it was important for Pepper, he was in. With another sigh he unlocked his phone and called her, to ask where she was. While he waited for her to pick up, he looked down on himself. He was wearing boxershorts and an old shirt. He should definitely put some clothes on before getting into the car. Quickly he chose some black jeans and a shirt that fit better. Pepper took a while to pick up, but just as Happy started to worry, he heard her voice through his mobile phone. He couldn't help but smile.
"Hi, Tony told me I should pick you up, where are you?", he asked.

Meanwhile, Tony drove back to New York, the place where he last had picked up Peter. That would be some hard work now. How would he explain that to the boy's aunt? And how would he get her to let him come with them? Well, they weren't far away, just a few blocks from home, but to his own safety, Peter had to stay with them afterwards. He had to stay at the Avengers Tower, which was empty at the moment, but still there. They had to be careful, very careful. And Natasha was right. Was he ready to drag Spiderman into this? They needed his information and his help investigating. But was it really the right time for the kid? He was talented and he was a little like Tony had been as a teenager. Just that big secret was something Tony never had faced. Superpowers, actual superpowers. Would that have changed Tony's life? Would he have done anything differently than he had done it...?
That thought really occupied his mind for quite a while, before he stopped the car right in front of the small house.
"Okay, so his family doesn't know anything about the Avengers or his powers. So be nice and wait outside, I'll get him", he explained and opened the car door, "Oh and no one touches the steering wheel until I'm back", the genius spoke, ringing the doorbell and fixing his hair. This was going to be embarrassing now...

Bucky took Steve's hand and pulled himself back onto his feet. Just the moment when he took Steve's hand, there was a picture. A tunnel... or was it a bridge? The waggon, it was open and then...
Bucky got up and his knees were shivering. He wasn't sure whether or not his legs would carry him, but thanks heavens they did. He tried to calm his breath, and this time it worked. Though the last words he heard still echoed through his head.
It wasn't the first time that he had seen this scene, but it was the first time he saw it in real life. He felt what was going on and he could even smell the train. He could taste the sweat and feel his uniform stick on his back. For the first time it wasn't a movie scene, it was a memory. And he could now clearly identify it as one. He blinked a few times and smiled.
"Yeah, I'm okay", he answered and looked the down way the car had gone a few seconds ago, "Where are they heading?", he asked his friend and looked at him. It probably wasn't the best thing to do, but they had looked serious, like something had happened. Didn't Steve bother at all? That was so totally not him. The Super Soldier who neglected a mission? No way...
But it was a new habit of Steve to stick around, spin around him like a magnet or something. Was it because Steve was afraid that he could snap again? Or was it because he was afraid of what happened if he left for a few days, what he would find when he came back... Maybe he was afraid of losing him. But Bucky wanted Steve to have his own life, too. He just needed to find a way to make that clear to him...

"No I DON'T know where they are going, but maybe you could have told me if you hadn't...", Pietro grumbled, but finally shut his mouth and didn't finish his sentence. Now that Stark was gone, there was no reason to hide anymore. He sneaked out from behind and suddenly stood in front of Rogers, his arms crossed.
"What is wrong with you?", he asked the man, no longer wanting to keep guessing, "You run after this man like a little baby, you hit Stark like he was a punching bag, and you don't give a shit about your team. What happened to the Avengers, hm? And who is that long hair guy?"
Pietro didn't want to sound challenging, but the words made their own way through his mouth and sounded a little more offensive than they should have.
"What is all this fuss about? Him?", he asked and looked at Steve, waiting for an answer.

Laura looked after her son and crinkled her mouth. She knew he was worried and she simply wished to take all the sorrows off his shoulders. But she couldn't. Ever since Clint had been brainwashed by this Loki, she was worried for his life and apparently Cooper had noticed because his stance about his father always leaving had chaned. She rubbed Nathan's back and pressed a peck on the toddler's cheek as she thought about confronting Cooper or allowing him to stay a little to himself until he was ready. As much as it broke her heart perhaps the second option was the smartest.
"Now, we're alone with various searched criminals: an assassin who might snap any time, a witch who seemed more or less unstable, a business woman and a speedster. Completely normal farm life...", she mumbled to herself and walked to see where Tony's fiancée was. Perhaps she needed help with something.

Pepper looked after her fiancé and crinkled her mouth. She couldn't help but feel stranded. Most importantly she actually needed to be somewhere else. It would be better if she was on her way to New York City already instead of some farm. She was about to ask Laura where the nearest train station was as her phone rung. She stared at Happy's caller ID a moment too long before she actually took the call. "This is Pepper Potts.", she said even though she knew that Happy was very aware of that. "At least that idiot is thinking about something for once after leaving me stranded.", she answered showing her little annoyance with the fact Tony had left her here. "I umm... I'm on some sort of farm?", she spoke and continued "Is it alright with you to pick me up? We can also meet in New York and I take the train there. Don't want to be a burden, Happy." She smiled even though her friend couldn't see it. Happy might be her bodyguard and payed for that job but still she didn't want her friend to go through too much trouble.

Once Tony mentioned that no one was to touch the steering wheel, Natasha got unbuckled and reached forward to touch it. "Touched it!", she exclaimed loud enough so perhaps Stark would hear it. Ever since he had told her that she wasn't able to get out of her spy mindset, she was more or less out to piss the billionaire off. Still she could do things far worse than touching someone's steering wheel. The guy didn't trust her anyways and that was alright. At least that's what she told herself. She had worked so hard to be part of a team and for people to trust her only to watch it all crumble underneath her feet. It was just a reminder why she was better off without anyone. The redhead was a loner after all.
"Do you think it's smart to drag the kid into this? Stark's not stable and we both know that.", she told Clint as she leaned back in the car to cross her arms, "This whole team isn't stable. We were better off going seperate ways to investigate this. Going into the shadows to mess with whoever wants to deal with the Avengers. Of all we know this could be a hoax a trap. Just like Zemo trying to provoke a reaction from us. That's what I would do..." She seemed calm and collected but nothing was appealing to her to act as an Avenger. Even the public had never seen her as a part of the Avengers. Especially after she had published SHIELD's database. More and more people had seen her as who she was: a cold and calculated killer. She was not that much different from the Winter Soldier when it came to things like that. Just for once she was the stable one.

Steve helped his best friend up like it was nothing. Even brushed some dirt off the man's jacket. He looked at him with furrowed brows. "Good.", he replied curtly and again his attention was brought back to Stark and what he was up to. "I don't know.", again a short answer. He seemed not to be bothered by the fact that he was left out of informations. But of course it was to be expected. He had killed Captain America the moment he had thought alongside Bucky in Siberia. He had boycotted the Sokovian Act and hence he was not part of the team anymore. He would still be there if Stark needed him. But it was not for him to decide anymore when his help was needed. The Avengers had always been a bigger more ideal idea than what they had been. Just like Captain America. So much pressure he had taken on back in the days. He would always fight for what was right.
Suddenly the Speedster stood in front of him and accused him for what. It was none of the man's business anyway but still Rogers crossed his arm and looked mildly annoyed down at him. "About my team? Newsflash the Avengers aren't there anymore and so is Captain America. The government tried to control us and I was against that. The Avengers should be able to act where and when they wanted. Your sister was the same opinion by the way.", he spoke calm and collected. Rogers had accustomed to the fact that he seemed to need to justify his decision in front of everyone. "Oh and may I introduce you to Bucky Barnes?", he gestured towards his best friend with a short nod of his head.

"If I hadn't what?", Wanda asked back pissed. Almost instantly she felt the familiar wind as her brother vanished to pop up somewhere else. "Stupid idiot...", she muttered under her breath and her eyes started to glow red in annoyance. She was not his punshing bag and didn't need to justify herself in front of her brother. Only because he had become super careful about everything around them and apparently also super jealous. She was not his possession after all.
She walked over to the turmoil between the super soldier and her brother. "Shut it, Pietro. Let them be!", she simply said and looked at the silver haired man ignoring both Barnes and Rogers.

"A farm...?", Happy repeated, big questionmarks in his mind, "Why did he leave you there? Is everything okay?", Happy asked, concerned that something might have happened and Tony had dropped Pepper off in the middle of nowhere. You never knew what the Iron Man was up to. The last time he had gotten a call from Tony had been to tell him he needed a car and a first aid kit. When Happy had been there, the genius had looked... well, wasted. Hell knew what Tony had done and he had known better than to actually ask him about it. That man was just... reckless, childish, uncontrollable... to name a few traits. No, that wasn't true. He had been. And he had annoyed the hell out Happy. Now he seemed calmer, more careful. Pepper was good for him.
"You kidding?", Happy chuckled as Pepper asked him if it was okay, "Tell me the state and... well, a city wouldn't be bad... then I'll find you."
He had the phone on speaker as he drove down the road to the highway and hoped she would come up with a location soon. Though he really enjoyed hearing her voice after all, he wasn't very fond of turning right around because he was heading the wrong direction.

Clint sat next to Natasha and rolled his eyes when she touched the steering wheel, just to provoke Stark. Sure, she had a point. That guy was way too serious... But hell, this was a serious situation.
What bothered him more than that though, was that his vest was uncomfortably tight around his tummy. Had he really gained that much weight? He tugged on the vest and somehow started to feel ashamed. He had known that the sixpack was slowly fading, but that it was that bad....
Luckily, Natasha distracted him with her question.
"Well, he isn't. But Rogers never was either. And as a leader he's our best guess, so... we have to try.
Yeah sure it's a trap. It's an opportunity for anyone to strike. We're ripped apart, spread all over the States. What else could you wish for if you were here to take us down? Just bring us back together and when the time is right, wipe us out. Maybe they can't find us, so they've come here to get us."
He shrugged.
"We still have to be the first one to strike. Ideally as a whole team...."
Clint looked into the distance, pondering about how to make the team- thing happen.
But well, there was more important stuff to focus on. Cooper's reaction hadn't been the most happy one. He didn't know his eldest like that, but maybe he was starting to grow up, starting to understand what was going on. That wasn't good... not good at all, as it meant that he would worry about his father now. Clint didn't want his kids to worry. They should have a happy childhood, like everyone else. Maybe even happier than the average American. He didn't want to be the reason for them to feel scared or worried.
"You think that I should have stayed home?", he asked Natasha, frowning.

Tony knocked at the door and smiled as Aunt May opened the door. The genius unpacked all his male charm and greeted her with a flirty wink. Well, he knew how to handle women. At least if it was to distract from something important like the ending of the world. He really didn't want to bother her with that.
May smiled at him as well, and small talk was done, a lot of that. They talked about the weather, stocks and then finally Tony popped the question.
"I was actually looking for Peter...", he smiled, "Not that I'm not happy to see you again..."
He shrugged and winked.
"But if he isn't here...."
"Well, he is", May sighed and looked down, "His room is right back there..."
"Thanks a lot. You're just amazing", he smirked and knocked at Peter's room door, "Peter? It's Tony. I'm here for the... Computer science camp... You didn't fill in your application properly..."

Pepper was able to hear Happy's incredulousness over being stuck at a farm. It was so unlike Pepper and perhaps even Tony. She had never been the one to go on farms. Of course as a child her family had taken her to a few for holidays or just to look at the animals but she had never connected with it. She liked looking at the animals and perhaps even pet them but she had been against the smell. Stables simply didn't smell good at all. She preferred the city life and that's something Tony would get to get used to. For now, she wanted to stay there and raise their child there instead of somewhere hidden away. That was not for her.
"Something about Avengers business... I don't know. It was rather odd if you ask me. But you know how he is. Once his mind is set on something... Besides I encouraged him to leave. Not such a smart move though from my part. Now, I'm stranded.", she laughed and paced the porch up and down as she talked on the phone with a smile. She eventually stopped and looked out. Even with her new trousers, she still stood out. Her high heels were clicking on the wood with each step and she looked way too well put together.
Eventually she told him the last town sight she had seen. "It was about 10 minutes away from the city.", she said and looked towards Laura as she seemed to have second thought "You know what? Get me at the local train station. It's easier for you to find and a small stroll doesn't hurt me. Need to think some things through anyways. I'll be waiting there for you, alright?"

Natasha glanced at Clint and noticed him tugging on his vest. Suddenly she had a idiotic smile on her face and simply stared at him. It was more than obvious that she had noticed what he tried to hide. "Someone's gained some weight, huh?", she bluntly called out the elephant in the room with a shit eating room. The redhead could be as indiscreet and straightforward as she could be discreet. Much to Clint's dismay, she trusted him enough to actually tease him and get on his nerves. It was her was of telling him that she liked him. "Still getting sexy times with the wifey? I mean she must goggle at all the hunks at your farm lately. One can say a lot but Stark does look good and Rogers as well. Something about those muscles. Or if one's more into the mysterious vibe how bout Barnes or Maximoff?", she mocked him even more and expected him to smack the back of her head for those comments sooner or later.
The redhead snorted unladylike as her friend explained Stark was their best shot at leader. They didn't need one and the spy business didn't work like that. "We shouldn't try to desperately keep the Avengers up. They're dead and people should simply accept that Clint. We're better off on our own. Just because some freak thinks a simple note will have us running together again. We shouldn't do that. It's a trap we shouldn't walk into.", she openly voiced her concern about this all. It became clearer that perhaps she was finished with the superhero business all together.
Her gaze flicked to Clint as he asked her about staying home. She shrugged as a reply. "I'm not the best person to be asked about family business, remember?", she spoke and continued "I don't know what to do here, Clint. But we both know you will never be a stay at home dad. Perhaps it's time to stop convincing yourself and the kids that you are. Eventually they will feel betrayed about you constantly breaking this particular promise. You need to open up about our work." She looked at him knowing that she was too open about it and perhaps too honest but it was time for him to see that as well. Clint and Hawkeye was one. So it was unlikely he would shed his alter ego. Just like Natasha would never be anyone else but the Black Widow. A spy taking on the mantle of anything she needed to be: A killer for one side or another. The sooner one accepted who they were, the sooner they could come clean with the truth to their families. Or at leas he could come clean to his family about it.

Peter opened the door and stared at the billionaire confused just like the first time he had told him about some kind of scholarship. "Computer science camp?", he repeated confused but stepped away from his door. He stared at the billionaire and closed the door once he was inside. "So, I suppose you're here because of the note and not some weird science camp?", he spoke and walked to his desk, "You are aware that my aunt will question why I won't get either my scholarship or science camp if you keep on popping in to talk to me about these things in private? It's actually pretty weird. Don't know anyone else doing that, Mister Stark." Peter handed him the letter he had found.

Last edited:
Happy nodded, though Pepper couldn't see it. He waited for a reply, but then was reminded she didn't sit next to him.

"I'll get it. Just tell me one thing: Why a farm?", he asked curiously, "Did your car break down or something?"
He sighed and regretted that question immediately. He was worried about Tony's mental health. The man was getting a little too protective and he knew that Pepper didn't like to be overly protected. Moreover, if it was something serious going on- and it definitely sounded serious-, he probably should hurry before Pepper got involved or hurt, or both. That was not the aim of this whole operation, and Happy knew that pretty well.
"Naaah I'm good, almost there", he said.
So he drove as fast as he could and finally approached a huge farm. It was a really huge land, with grass, animals, a few barns and... There was Rogers. And... the other guy Tony had told him about. There was also that girl, what was her name? Wanda? She had just come out of the barn, next to her a grey haired young man... Who was that?
Happy put down the phone and got out of the car, stepping inside a puddle almost immediately. He let out a small groan, but then focused on finding Pepper again. Whatever, the shoes hadn't been that expensive. Good thing he wasn't wearing his leather shoes.
"Pepper! I'm here!", Happy shouted all over the whole land, as he moved toward the main building, where he finally saw the woman. And she... Was wearing jeans. He had never seen her wear jeans before, but it fit her.
"Hi, can we just get outta here?", he complained right away, "It's... my shoes..."
Happy made a face and sighed.
"Come on, let's get you outta here", Peppers bodyguard said, holding out his arm for her to take it, and added more quietly, "What are all the Avengers doing here? Is this some kind of reunion?"

Clint just stared at Natasha with a cold stare, that turned into the hurt glance of a beaten puppy, when she said that he had gotten fat. Well, he had, but that was no reason for what Natasha had fantasized about. And especially not for accusing Laura of cheating. That comment kind of annoyed Clint that much, he just couldn't let it stay like that.
"Just for you to know", he explained annoyedly, "We have a very healthy relationship. Mentally and physically. And Laura doesn't like those wannabe heroes, she needs a real man, who can handle the kitchen and play with the kids. She would never even think about cheating on me. And by the way, I'm not fat.That's just... uh, baby fat. It'll go away soon as I'm runninh again."
Clint nodded, as if he wanted to reassure himself that he was right. Vision, who was sitting right in front of them, shook his head lightly.
"I'm not sure I understand what this is about...", he mumbled, awkwardly.

Inside, Tony studied the card and his brain built up the most horriffic scenarios. Another Mandarin, terrorists, alien attacks, ice cold killers... His face turned pale at the thoughts, but he had made a decision. He needed to solve this, and he needed his team for that. Or what was left of his team. Well, theoretically, there still was Rhodey and Wilson, but Rhodey couldn't walk properly and Wilson... Had played for the other team and he wasn't sure whether or not he could trust him. So it had to stay like that.
"Can you show us the crime scenes?", Tony asked Peter, putting the card into his pocket, "Oh and about the scholarship and the camp... If you should ever go to college any time soon, your fees are paid", the genius added and smiled, "But get good grades, kay? Wouldn't wanna make your aunt worry..."
He petted Peters shoulder and got up.
"And you'll have to sleep at the Avengers tower tonight. For your own safety. Who knows what's out there waiting for us..."

J sat in a green chair and enjoyed a glass of whisky when Harley stormed in, her face red with anticipation.
"Puddin'!", she exclaimed, throwing herself at him, just to recieve a punch right in the face.
"Hey... I didn't do anything...", the blonde woman complained and still pressed a kiss onto his cheek. She knew he liked it.
"What do you want?", J asked, gritting his teeth. He wasn't in the mood for distractions. He had just made a new plan how to abduct Tony Stark's girlfriend, when that ridiculous psychologist had stormed in and destroyed everything. Now his perfect plan was gone.
"I have a plan, Puddin. I know how to get Pepper Potts."
J frowned, then smiled an evil smile and pulled his girlfriend onto his lap.
"Tell me everything, Baby, every single dirty detail", he demanded, as his smile spread further and further, when Harley whispered into his ear. That was really a good plan. And soon he would have the perfect bait...

"Oh, he wanted to show me something.", she replied casually without revealing too much "You know how he usually is. Scattered all over the place. But really it's not necessary for you to..." Pepper crinkled her mouth and made a mental note to apologize to Laura later for bringing another stranger to this place. Yet she was sure that Happy would stay quiet of this place. He was trustworthy after all. Still she needed to apology later.
Once both of them hung up, she walked to the lady of the house. "I'm sorry for any inconvenience we have caused, Laura.", she stated and added quickly "Happy, my bodyguard, will pick me up within a few minutes. I know it's probably not in your favor for another stranger to come by. But he's really secretive about things and both me and Tony trust him. I'm incredibly sorry though that it seems like more and more people know about this place. If there's anything..."
Laura seemed to sigh internally over one more person knowing about this place. It seemed like ever since Clint had brought the Avengers over a year ago, their farm slowly but surely wasn't as secluded and unknown anymore. But still she was the last person to decline any of them shelter. As long as they would need help, she was happy to oblige. Even if that meant having strangers over. "Just make sure he won't talk about this.", the brunette said obviously not a fan of the CEO showing someone else this farm. It was one thing if her husband brought back people and Natasha was family. But this place slowly but surely turned out to be quite crowded.
"He won't. I promise.", Pepper said and heard the familiar voice of Happy. "I will get going and thank you for being so understanding. Again please send us the invoice for your kitchen and sorry about all of this inconvenience.", the redhead said almost sounding sympathetic, "It was a real pleasure to meet you though...And thank you."
Laura nodded and smiled at Pepper. "It was nice to meet you as well. Please feel free to visit us from time to time. It's not always this messy, believe me.", Laura laughed and hugged Pepper. The redhead hugged her briefly back and spoke "Thanks for lending me the pants. I will send them to you again."

Pepper gave Laura a last smile before hurrying over to the door. Her heels sunk into the mud a little but she still managed to somewhat gracefully walk over to Happy. She grinned amused as she spotted in what he had just stepped. "Not a big fan of farm life, huh?", she commented with an innocent grin trying not to laugh as she wrapped her arm around his.
"I think it's more kind of them stumbling into the same place at once. Didn't fit well with Tony though...", she admitted quietly and looked over to Rogers with a frown. She didn't have any bad feelings to the former Captain America but still she found herself taken aback by watching him. "Just a desperate try to get them together as a team again, if you ask me. But don't think it's going to be as easy as some imagine. Both Tony and Rogers are quite headstrong and not one to give in.", she stated with a shrug and got inside the vehicle. Almost instantly she buckled up and slipped out of her high heels.

Natasha stared at Clint and started laughing as he labelled everyone else wannabe heroes. It was one of the rare times she actually allowed herself to break her stoic expression and simply be carefree. "Just ignore him. He feels threatened in his manly pride.", she commented towards Vision, wondering how far she could push the topic without severely damaging her friendship to the archer.
The redhead leaned over and patted Clint's belly with a grin. "I'd say a lot of running and some of your stretching sessions. Besides calm down, Romeo, I was just mocking you and your adorable baby-fat.", she winked at him and looked out of the window waiting for Stark to finally get out of the building again. Being stuck in this car wasn't the safest place after all especially if someone was really on the hunt for them.

"Well, that shouldn't be a problem.", Peter commented and unconsciously moved his shoulder a little. The bullet wound still stung a lot but at least it made him look badass in high school. May had bothered him ever since he had come back with the bandages. But it was something Parker could easily work along with or simply ignore. Yet he doubted his aunt would be too happy about him staying somewhere else over the night. "I ummm... I gotta ask May first if she's alright with me staying somewhere else. She wasn't too happy with me coming home injured, you know.", he spoke awkwardly and added "Does that mean I'm part of the Avengers now?" His face seemed to light up at the thought and Peter got excited of the prospect.

Loki examined the two and seemed to already be exhausted by their presence. Both of them were really annoying and together they were worse. He rose his eyebrow over the man's temper but decided not to step in as the woman almost instantly threw herself on him again. She didn't seem to learn out of her mistakes so it seemed. But still it caught his interest because it meant his plan was slowly but surely coming to life.

Happy drove off right away. He grumbled something about having to wash the car again if this street didn't dry up quickly, but then focused on Pepper. She looked... happy. Though Tony had just left her at a farm and she had just admitted that she didn't approve of this all. He needed to talk to Tony when he was back. Make sure he was treating her better than he had before, give her more attention. He wouldn't let the man lose her again. It had been bad when she had left him, really bad. Mental- hospital- and-therapy- bad. But Tony had refused to take Happy's and Rhodey's advice seriously. He had been drinking and one breakdown had followed the other. Until he finally had started seeing a therapist... A thing he had made Happy promise never to tell anyone, especially not Pepper. No one knew about it, not even Rhodey. But after what had happened with Steve... Maybe it wasn't even Avengers business, maybe he just drove off to talk to his therapist. No, Tony had given up the therapy after three meetings. He had gotten worse, that's why he had refused to continue. But maybe he had finally realized that she could help him...?
"How is he?", the big question escaped Happy's mouth, "How are you? Is everything okay?"
He stared at the street with a focused glance, but his thoughts built up scenarios, where Tony just drove off and left his girlfriend in the middle of nowhere because of some fictional threat.
"And is he... sleeping?"
That had been an issue before and Pepper had told Happy about that. Maybe he was her therapist in all this. He basically knew everything about their relationship... Well, except for the fact that Pepper was wearing a new ring. He had been so focused on the surrounding, he hadn't even noticed.

"I feel like a kid left in the car in front of the supermarket in a dangerous neighborhood", Clint expressed Natasha's thoughts in his way and started wiping his bow with his T-Shirt.
"Besides, it's really hot in here, can we open the top?", he asked and reached for the key.
"No, Mr Stark said...", Vision contradicted, but Clint didn't listen to him, he just turned the ket a little and then pressed the button to... Well, instead of opening the convertible top, it made the fenders click and revealed two things that looked like- well, for the lack of a better description, Clint just called them laser guns. He raised an eyebrow.
"Pretty armor he got there...", the archer stated.
Vision had gone all quiet, looking around nervously. Clint shrugged.
"Well, that's what I call prepared."

Tony shrugged.
"Well, I guess it's an internship. Free trial. If you do well, we'll keep you for some part time job", he said. He always talked a lot when he wasn't sure of what to say.
"Your auntie won't have a problem with it if we tell her about the science camp. Trust me, we're gonna do a lot of science", he smiled and walked toward the door, "You can handle this, right?"
He knew the boy could handle this. Because if people like them really wanted something, they could handle everything.

Harley had everything prepared and walked up and down the room, as she explained her plan. J would set up a distraction, while she would get Potts. It was the easiest thing to perform, nearly as easy as breaking out of Arkham Asylum, she said and kissed the Joker passionately. He even pulled her closer this time. The relationship was messed up, dysfunctional, but they had their moments.
As they prepared everything and decided that Loki should make sure that Pepper would be transported properly and the fastest way possible, they seemed in love with each other. Almost like a regular couple. But they weren't, and Harley knew that. But she wanted that, him, all of him. And it felt like she was slowly starting to crack him and see into his soul...

Last edited:
They drove a bit in silence as Happy grumbled about having to deal with washing the car now. She thought about how to approach the topic of secrecy about this place. It would only raise even more questions and she was not ready to answer them. Especially as she felt obligated to lie to her friend.
Her eyebrow rose shortly as he asked her about Tony's well being. Almost instantly she heard the worry and she wasn't sure if he was worried about her or Tony. That was until his second question followed. Was he sleeping...? Had she seriously been the only one not to know that her boyfriend had trouble sleeping?! She crinkled her mouth and felt a peng of jealousy. It almost seemed like Tony hadn't trusted her. She was supposed to be there for him but he didn't allow her to help him. He turned to everyone else but her. It had been differently once but it almost seemed to be like that nowadays.
"We're fine.", she simply stated showing her sudden annoyance about the fact that Tony hadn't really trusted her until a few days earlier. It almost felt like their relationship was built on a really fragile ground ready to crumble sooner or later. The redhead crossed her arms in front of her chest and suddenly felt like crying. It was so unusual for her. "According to him he is.", she simply replied to Happy's question about Tony's sleeping habit.
It was only moments later that she realized that she had been quite rude and crinkled her mouth. Pepper looked over to Happy, knowing her friend only wanted to help and perhaps even didn't know about Tony's troubles. The guy mostly just got to know things via. her after all. "Well, he says he hadn't slept in a while but is now...", she corrected herself and fidgeted with the ring on her finger. She usually wasn't one to wear any jewelry on her hands so the ring felt weird sitting there.

"I like my version better. It's just about your manly pride here. I think Laura would've laughed over the thought of boggling those superheroes with a glass of whine in her hand.", she smirked and watched the archer lean forward to open the roof. Even she looked surprised as the weapons revealed themselves. "Well, someone seems a little eager.", she spoke and looked at the guns. Now, it made sense why the billionaire didn't want them to touch anything. What if they had accidentally set the gun off? Who knew what else this car was hiding?
She glanced at Vision who suddenly seemed like a kid caught doing something wrong. It didn't seem like the robot knew what was going on. But still Natasha couldn't help but feel that Vision knew about the weapons. She side glanced at Clint once he mentioned that Tony was ready to fight. Perhaps he was a little too ready. Even she didn't run around with guns all day long and Nat knew that she had serious trusting issues. "What do you think this car hides as well? Are we safe to turn on the radio?", she asked staring at the random buttons, which apparently disguised various objects. Stark definitely had seen too many Action movies.

"I already have a part time job...", Peter muttered under his breath. He loved taking pictures so working for the Daily Bugle wasn't that bad. Sure the boss wasn't the best and always tried to backtalk his alias but still it allowed him to take pictures and get paid for it. Still perhaps having another more secure job at Stark Industries might be better. Perhaps he even would not need to continue making up excuses for physically not being able to go to work after a stressful day as Spiderman. But who knew..? It didn't seem like he didn't have much choice but stay at the Stark Tower for the night. And that was damn exciting!
"Already got shot so what worse could actually happen?", Peter jumped to his feet and walked over to the door waiting for Iron Man to lead the way. He was giddy to start working with the Avengers again. Ever since his powers had developed he was looking forward to actually become an Avenger as well. It was sort of a childhood dream since his uncle and aunt had taken him to Stark Expo and Iron Man himself had landed behind him and shot one of those drones while he was in costume himself.

"Miss Quinzel?", Loki suddenly spoke up after people seemed to have settled into the plan. He couldn't care less about the Jester to him that man was only a tool and he was getting already on his nerves. Loki was used to having more well mannered men around him. So this idiot was just getting on his nerves and even the girl but somehow she seemed to be more likable. "We should leave unless you want to stay home.", he spoke almost bored as he still thought he could be way quicker if she would simply stay.

Happy finally reached the hotel and opened Pepper's door like a real gentleman. He pulled out a heavy suitcase from the trunk. He put it down in front of the door.
"I'll be with you in a moment. Just check in. Reservation's for Potts, if I'm correct. Here's your stuff... and..."
He whistled and a young man with a green uniform rushed over to take Pepper's suitcase.
"As I said, there in a minute. I'll just park the car", her bodyguard smiled and got inside the car again, leaving Pepper in front of the hotel. The young man, who seemed to be about 16, took her heavy suitcase and carried it inside.
"Where does Ma'am stay? Which room?", he asked with a very clearly audible mexican accent.
He lead Pepper toward the reception and even rang the bell for her. Happy came running in a few seconds later and positioned himself next to her like a statue. Tony had told him to take good care of her. Well, he wouldn't have had to tell him, he would have done that anyway.

Clint looked at Natasha and sighed, tired of acting like he had actually taken Tasha's bugging seriously. Then he chuckled, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. He was paranoid himself, but what Tony pulled off here, that was out of control. He had gotten to know the genius pretty well after he had turned to him in desperate need for a friend. The first time Tony had called had left a pretty clear image of his mental state. He had been devastated and lost, but thanks heavens Clint's advice to tell Pepper the truth about his feelings had worked and the two of them had found their way together again. And Clint had been declared the new therapist of Tony Stark.
Tasha said something about Tony being overly eager. Well, he agreed with that to a certain point. Tony was scared. Scared of nearly everything and everyone.
"We better leave that game to the ones who know the rules", Clint replied to the redhead, but still inspected the buttons curiously, without touching them, of course.

When he went outside Peter's room, Tony put his brightest smile on his face and explained to Aunt May how he would love to 'borrow' this 'genius boy' for a while, because he really needed assistance in a new project that he thought could fit Peter. He told her everything and nothing at the same time, being convincing and trustworthy. That was his specialty and he had perfectioned it over the years of not actually knowing what was going on. Peter's aunt smiled at Mr Stark and took in everything he said, before nodding with a big smile.
"You'll be careful, Peter? Yeah?", she asked her nephew and looked a little worried, when she did so.
"We'll take good care of him, you don't have to worry", Tony answered and gave her that smile again. Hell, he was good at lying to women. That was scary, mostly because he was in a relationship now. He was about to marry the woman he loved, and still kept acting like he had done before. If Pepper would forgive him that flirting attempt...?

Harleen looked up when she heard her old name. She hadn't heard anyone call her that name in ages.
"It's 'Doctor'...", she replied, almost automatically, "Doctor Quinzel..."
For a moment she could see herself again. And she was embarrassed. Giving her life away for a psychopathic clown who wasn't ready to admit to himself that he had feelings for her. She deserved better, but still she had stayed. But she would do anything to impress her Puddin'. And that was the reason why she had planned this abduction to be a big, spectacular magic trick. Everyone should see her today. And maybe then he would stop treating her like trash... who knew?
So she took the schizophrenic magician's hand and stepped into a portal right next to him. However he did this, he did well.

"Thanks," Pepper spoke with a smile as he got her suitcase from the trunk. "Oh, I'm glad you didn't forget my stuff. You're a darling," she grinned at him.
Once the young man arrived, she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Relax and take your time. I highly doubt anyone will target me within the next few minutes if you're not around," she chuckled knowing that both Happy and Tony tended to be a little too cautious when it came to her safety. It was sweet but just sometimes it was a little overwhelming.
"Oh, I need to check with the reception first. But I think the penthouse," she answered truthfully but she guessed it was her usual room. The penthouse, Pepper simply loved the few from up there over New York.
The redhead was about to ring the reception bell as Happy suddenly appeared out of nowhere and rang it for him. "Hello, pretty boy," she joked and grinned at him "Are you here often?" She nudged his side and checked into the hotel leaving her credit card for any deposit. She signed the contract and received two key cards for herself and Happy.
"Let's get comfortable and enjoy the night," she winked at him somewhat naturally wrapping his arm around him. She knew it would look strange to people if she talked and behaved like that. But Tony was slowly rubbing off on her and she loved Happy like an older brother. She maneuvered him over to the elevator.

"What game, Clint? This isn't a game. It's either a play and we have fun or one of those guys you find intriguing and start hating soon enough," Natasha told him casually and looked away. Still she reached forward and pushed the power button to the radio. With a grin she noticed the song and started humming along. It was one of her favorites but mostly just because she related to the song in a way. She even started to sing along quietly: "Then to mess with me, heartache, I'm gonna lie to you, I'm gonna lie to you, Gonna lie to you, gonna lie to you, Like a black widow, baby"
She leaned back and buckled up again. Natasha sighed a little and crinkled her mouth a little. She thought about what would happen next and how to get out of here. Somehow she seemed to always end up with people around her. This was just one more time to remind her why she was no Avenger. The redhead was whatever life wanted her to be: spy, assassin, soldier or seductress.

Peter looks just as awkward as Mister Stark started to flirt with his aunt. Seeing the two was weird especially because he knew the older man played his aunt. He would need to say something sooner or later. This couldn't go on like that only because the billionaire thought he needed Peter's help. Still he was afraid Stark would remove all his promises and the suit within a blink of an eye.
"Of course, May," Peter replied with a shrug "You know me. Just hanging around in libraries or apparently laboratories lately. Science!" He rose his hand in a entertaining manner as he seemed to be more awkward than anything. He hoped it would cheer his aunt up.
He went over to hug his aunt with a smile "See ya tomorrow or so. I'll send you a text tomorrow morning."

Loki looked curiously at Harley as she corrected him. "Doctor Quinzel," he corrected himself and smiled friendly at her. Just for a moment he was able to see a ghost of the person he had heard of. That woman was by far more interesting to him than the shenanigans those two had just planned. He wanted to rule the world but perhaps he could help her. Doctor Quinzel seemed to be familiar to his own mother. Just a little spooked.
He stepped towards the portal as well and went through it. He was used to teleportation and it was time to get Ironman's girlfriend and start the whole taking over thing.

When she told him to relax, Happy puffed out some air.
"I am relaxed, but there's a danger out there, I feel that", he admited what he had been feeling all along, "Something's gonna happen, and that's why we have to be super careful."
He winked at her, immitating Tony at this point. He knew that man way too well and he also knew the way he behaved and the way he moved. After they had gotten the key to the penthouse suite, he lead the woman to the elevator, following her suitcase upstairs. When they got into the apartment, everything was as usual and the mexican boy gave Pepper her suitcase back. Happy dropped onto a sofa and sighed.
"That much about my day off", he grumbled and thought about kicking off his shoes. But he wasn't with Tony this time, he was with Pepper. A real lady. And hell, a man had to keep his manners in front of a lady. So he just left his feet on the floor, closed his legs and sat like a real gentleman. Well, this wasn't comfortable, but at least it was polite.

"Okay ", Clint shrugged. When Natasha pressed the button, Clint looked around anticipating... well, what? Halfway he expected to be thrown out of the car, halfway he expected some weapons to appear. But the least expected scenario happened. The radio started playing and he leaned back, put his arm around Natasha naturally. She was happy the moment that Rogers and Bucky were out of sight. So what was it that made her so... different... around those two. She almost acted cynical, like an old heartbroken lady, who thinks she would be single forever. She knew him, she had had a thing with Barnes. But all that fuss about it... was she in love? Could it be that the woman who thought feeling was about the weakest thing you could do, had fallen for the Winter Soldier? And if so, what had she seen in him? A teacher? A friend? And more importantly, did he remember her that way?

Back at the farm, Bucky had about the same thoughts. He lay on the grass, his hands behind his head, and stared into the sun. The light hurt his eyes, but it was comfortable to feel the warmth flood his head. It was almost like back in the 30s, when they had been boys. They had done so many stupid things together. None against the law, but all of them funny and bonding. They had had so much fun. The memories were coming back in waves, hardly controllable. Most of the time he wasn't even sure if that memory belonged to him. It seemed like that boy had been a different person back then. So innocent and optimistic...
He had found himself again back when he had been close to Natasha. Natalia. She had shown him a way out of that stoic mindset. Out of the orders and obedience. Because where their lips had met had been the end of the law and the beginning of freedom.

Tony stepped out of the house and put on his sunglasses. They were important, the sun was blinding today. He lead Peter to the cabriolet and instructed him to take a seat in the back. Vision looked at the boy and greeted him with a smile and a short "Hello".
"So, as you might remember, that's my friend Peter", Tony told his former teammates and petted the boy's shoulder, "We need any help we can get. Moreover, he knows where the crimes happened", Tony went on explaining, "Well, those are Natasha, Clint and... Well, you know Vision."
The billionaire smiled and threw Peter's bag into the trunk.
"So if you would be so kind and say the address out loud, so we can get there in time...", he winked at Peter, as he took a seat at the driver's side, "Ooh and by the way... who pressed my buttons?"
"Romanoff, Sir", was Vision's short answer. Tony frowned.
"Oh well, she used to, but we're over that, right?"
He almost started to laugh.
"But you're a horrible snitch, Vision, that's something you should really work on", he told the cyborg and pressed a few buttons to hide the weapons inside the fenders again. As he drove off, a cloud of dust was left behind them.

"Oh my god, you almost sound like Tony.", Pepper groaned helpless. It was almost like everyone around her became paranoid except for herself. Safety was important but only too a certain point. There would be always some sort of threat and maybe people targeted her for Tony or because she was the head of a billion dollar company. But there was no need to lock her into a hotel room or into a farm.
She gave the Mexican man a tip for carrying her suitcase and closed the door after him. "Did you know that his newest idea is...is getting a freaking farm and put me there!? He says it's safer, if nobody knows where I am", she said and crinkled her mouth. It gave a good reason why they had visited a farm. After all it was really unusual for them. Perhaps it would direct the conversation into the right direction for her to tell him a few things.
Pepper took off her heels and sat down next to Happy. "Come on, get comfortable. I know it's you're day off and let's be honest we both went through quite a lot together because of Tony.", she nudged his side hoping he would lose up a little. She wanted to spend some time with her friend not bodyguard. To empathize her words, she even placed her naked feet on the coffee table in front of them.

Natasha looked at Clint as he took his arm around her. She smiled at him even though she knew he was thinking about how differently she acted right now. Perhaps she was bitter towards Barnes because he had never recognized her and almost killed her a couple of times. But it only took him two run ins with Rogers to get back half of his memory. After all the two of them had gone together, she had expected more or nothing at all. "Ask or stay quiet, Barton.", she told him once she had enough of being looked at like an animal in its cage.
Stark came back with the kid. She looked at Peter. Both of them knew each other after all. They had been on the same team until she betrayed them according to Tony. "Hi, how are you?", she greeted the boy and looked at him. He was too young to be part of the team. She had been the same opinion weeks ago. Yet stayed quiet.
"And he even gives the wrong intel!", Romanoff argued and stared at the back of the cyborg's head with small eyes. "I only turned on the radio. Clint was the one to push the buttons and having the weapons shoot out!", she crossed her arms and moved over to the middle so Parker could easily enter the car. "We simply wanted to open the roof. I mean it's warm, Stark. Can't you at least keep us waiting with an opened roof?", she looked at Tony and smirked. Perhaps their friendship wasn't completely broken if that joke was anything to go about.

Peter followed Stark outside and blinked as some other Avengers were inside. He recognized all of them of course. He had even fought against some during that odd showdown against Captain America. "Hello.", he greeted back and waved awkwardly. "Nice to see you, guys, again. Feels good to be part of the Avengers, now!", Peter said excited and couldn't wait to tell Alicia about it. He took out his phone and wrote "Guess who helped me snatch a potential new job.", he texted his best friend after getting into the car.

Rogers walked over to Bucky after he spotted him in the grass. He still had a blue eye from before but Cap didn't seem to mind. He walked over and nudged his best friend's shoulder with his foot. "What cha doing there?", he asked curiously unsure if Bucky actually wanted his company. Based on them playing some sort of hide and seek again, he didn't. But Steve didn't really seem to have a sense of privacy.
"What's up with you and Romanoff, by the way?"

Happy looked at Pepper's naked feet on the coffee table and smirked.
"Is that supposed to turn me on?", he asked, kicking off his shoes, but then getting up to place them in a corner. He almost felt ashamed of his messiness. Pepper was so neat and fancy, he almost felt like a brute next to her.
"I bet my feet don't turn you on a bit. They're just stinky", he added, sitting back down and hiding his feet under the table.
"So, how was the farm visit? Did he convince you?", the bodyguard teased and grinned, "I mean, after all you looked quite happy there..."
He shrugged and leaned back.
"What's it? What's the thing you're dying to tell me?"

Tony laughed and looked at the archer, when Natasha blamed him.
"Clint, I'm shocked! I thought you were married!", he exclaimed, playing that game even further.
Clint shrugged.
"Man's got needs that need to be satisfied", he answered dryly, "Not sorry for pushing all your buttons, Tony. But the weapons are your fault."
The two men started to laugh almost immediately. It was almost like the past few months had been erased and they were some kind of a team again. Still, Rogers hung like an elephant cloud over them and made it darker. The billionaire drove fast and finally stopped in front of a sealed shop with broken windows.
"Is that the right place?", he asked, looking back at Peter, "Looks like a rather odd place to send a death threat."
He looked around and placed his hand on the phone in his pocket. Just in case he needed FRIDAY's assistance.

"What kind of craphole is this here?", Clint grumbled, "Looks like a regular burglary to me..."
He stepped behind the counter and looked at the cash drawer.
"Money's in place, though", he shrugged, "Did you find anything, Tasha?"
He turned around a few times to take in every inch of the surrounding.
"For Clint....", he mumbled, his eyes focused on a really small handwritten note up on the ceiling, "Watch and learn...? Hell?"
"What?", Tony asked, "watch and learn?"
"There", Clint answered and pointed his finger, "Up there, on the ceiling. See?"
The billionaire squinted.
"Where...?"
"Right up there, buy some glasses ", Clint shrugged.
"Hmpf", was Tony's simple answer and he put down his phone in the middle of the room. A scanning grid examined the surrounding and made a virtual copy of the crime scene.
"Thanks, Fri. Now I've got my very own model to inspect."
Stark zoomed in and looked at the note Clint had seen.
"Uhu", he said and sat down on a chair behind the counter, "Fri, scan for any tracks the intruder could have left..."

Just the moment when Tony sat down with his phone, Peter's smartphone made a pinging noise. Clint had his bow ready to shoot in a tenth of a second and when he realized what it had been, the teenager got a warning look.
"You better mute your phone ", he said and smiled at the boy, "Might scare someone who doesn't look before they shoot."
When Tony was wearing his suit, it was dangerous for everyone around him. Especially if they had pinging or beeping electric gadgets.
"Just a friendly advice", he added and petted Peter's shoulder, "Moreover, that thing making noise when you're trying to hide from something can be mortal."

Harley sat on the roof, her legs hanging down over the ledge. She had a pair of binoculars in her hands, which she used to watch the penthouse suite on the opposite side of the street.
"So that is Pepper Potts? The girlfriend of Tony Stark...?", she asked, frowning, "She doesn't look like a great catch to me..."
The girl shrugged and kept on watching. The man behind her made her nervous. He wasn't J, which meant he was a potential danger. She had enough experience with that kind of delusional people, who thought they had to rule the world and were sons of God and so on. She really wasn't into that kind of thing.
"D'you mind stepping back a little?", she asked him, overly polite, a little fear in her eyes, "Close people make me uncomfortable."

"Why is it working?", she cooed and wiggled her toes as he placed his naked feet next to her. This was better. Better than him trying to be all official with her. They weren't like that. A friendship that had formed even when she was only Tony's personal assistant and she hated the fact that Happy seemed to grow distant ever since Tony had the glorious (sense the sarcasm, here?) idea to make him her bodyguard. It was nice and helpful yet she didn't want to ruin their friendship.
"They cannot be worse than Tony's.", she laughed as he commented on some kind of smell. But almost instantly she seemed to regret her statement as her eyes went wide in shock and she held her hands in front of her mouth. "Oh god, don't tell him I said that!", she mumbled almost terrified.
"Well, it was nice and...and all. But I don't think I can be the person he wants me to, Happy... I'm not made to play trophy wife and stay at home mom while I have a company to manage.", she told him quietly and looked down on her hand again starting to fidget with the ring. It was almost like things had developed way to quickly for her. She was happy with Tony but something also compelled her. She looked over to Happy hoping he would understand but part of her also knew this only would confuse him more.
She looked at him a moment longer before realizing she should've had said something different. "Oh and please don't tell anyone about that farm. I mean the one you just picked me up from. It's already a friend's place to hide his family because of his occupation. They weren't overly fond to have me there, I think. But they're just too nice and welcoming to say anything. But I would hate to be the reason why they have to fear for their lives, okay?", she glanced good hearted at her best friend.

Natasha snorted over the men's little game but also looked questioning at Clint. The two had never struck her as really close friends but apparently that had changed since the last time she had seen any of them. Her partner really had a soft spot for adopting any kind of animals or humans as long as they let him.
She stepped over spilled goods and tried to look at the big picture. She didn't really care about what the store looked like but Natasha tried to look at it from a different angle. What was the man's trap and why would he want to unite the Avengers? They weren't as big of a threat to anyone if they were spilled all over the world not wanting to talk to each other. That was when she spotted something flashing. Why was that thing flashing? It took her a moment to realize what it was. But before she even alarmed Clint she sprinted and jumped into his direction and tackled him out of the way while bumping into Parker at the same time.

Peter nodded as Tony asked him if this was the right place. Once they parked the teenager got out of the car and walked over trespassing a crime scene once again. He simply hoped that no cop would walk by this time. One bullet hole in his body was enough for while. "Actually it's not... Nothing's missing and weird game cards were all over the place. It almost looked like each good was tactically placed on the ground..", he argued and gestured to the floor. His phone beeped and at the same time his spider senses tingled. Almost automatically he jumped out of the way even before the archer had risen his arrow. At the same time though he reached for his phone to look at the message. "You'd need to catch me first though.", Peter flinched a little as the archer accidentally hit his bullet wound.

Loki looked curiously at the crazy woman as soon as she told him that close people made her uncomfortable. Politely he stepped away and rose his eyebrow. "Why is that so? You have not struck me as someone to actually fear anything. Stupidly enough for a mere mortal.", he spoke calm and collected. He looked over to the hotel he had seen Miss Potts and some kind of man enter. He wasn't interested in the man. He was disposable after all and if needed Loki would get rid of him.

Last edited:
Happy listened to Peppers story about Tony's and her relationship and made himself comfortable while doing so. Hearing someone talk about his former boss that way and seeing her real affection was nice. People had never understood why he had even liked that man. But Happy knew what he had been through. He had been there, almost from the beginning, had seen what Mr Stark had experienced... it was good to hear someone talk about Tony in a way that seemed to see more in him than just a reckless man, a superhero, a hopeless case.
Happy laughed when she mentioned Tony's smelling feet.
"Well, lips sealed", he chuckled.
Pepper went on about farm life and how she wasn't made for that. Well, he had known that. Virginia Potts wasn't the one to hide when things got dangerous. She was a brave and competent businesswoman and she wasn't a stay at home girlfriend. What made Happy listen up was that she spoke of herself as a...
"WOW, wait...", he interrupted Pepper, "Trophy wife...?", he asked, suddenly noticing the ring on her finger, "When... did that happen?"
Oh my god, Tony was about to marry her and he hadn't thought about telling him?! Not even mention it in any way...? That was... so typically Tony.
"Congrats, by the way..."

"If there's a message for me, maybe there are other messages...", Clint thought out loud, "Maybe that's part of the game, that all..."
"Oh, so we've got a psycho hunting us? Like Seven?", Tony grumbled and looked up from his phone. Just that second, Natasha jumped at Clint, who reacted almost immediately.
"BOMB!", he exclaimed, as something behind him detonated. They weren't close enough to the explosion to be seriously hurt, but they were close enough to feel the wave of pressure that pressed everything down.
"T- ony...", was everything Clint managed to press out of his mouth, just as it sweeped over them. The genius had been way too close to the bomb to actually survive that...
That would be a nasty death for him, after everything he had been through. And Pepper... She was pregnant, with his child. The kid would be born without even having heard it's father's voice...
After the explosion, everything was blurry. His ears were ringing and he was desoriented for a few moments. As he raised his head, he realized that Peter was underneath him and he had probably held the boy down with a little too much motivation. Slowly, he got up and tried to stand, his knees wobbly.
"You okay, kid...?", he asked Tasha and Peter, holding out a hand for each of them to get up, "Everything still there?"
Then it hit him like a train. Tony... he had been right in the center of the explosion. Where was he...?
"Tony", he said again, louder this time. The little shop was a mix of spilt tomato sauce, yoghurt, milk, flour, rice, noodles and wood from the counter and the shelves. No signs for any survivors...
"Oh shit..."

Harley nodded and looked at him very directly.
"I'm not... It's not that I'm not scared. I just don't think", she murmured and her eyes got wider, "J makes me... free, but I'm so addicted to him, I'd do anything..."
She sighed and went on observing the woman in the penthouse.
"He feels it too, I know that. He's just so scared of opening up to someone. But I see him and... I can't give it up, you understand? He needs me..."
She didn't even know why she told him that. But it helped her release a little bit of the anger she had against her boyfriend. She got up and walked up and down.
"He's just so... I mean doesn't he get that I won't hurt him?!", she complained, "I would never..."
With a little sigh she sat down again.
"I'd never hurt him,.. And that's what I have to prove here. That he can rely on me."
She looked through the binoculars again and saw the ring on the woman's finger. She sighed again. J would never marry her...

Bucky didn't answer. He just lay there and stared up at the sunset.
"Leave me alone, Steve...", he mumbled, his eyes still on the sky. He didn't want to talk about Natalia now. He didn't want to talk to Steve in general. He had hit him, knocked him out... Still, his friend hadn't hit back. And that was the worst of it. He had nearly killed him and still Steve hadn't even had the courage to hit back.

"He asked me out of the blue, last night.", she told Happy and looked at him feeling like she needed to get everything off her chest. This man knew her better than some stranger on a farm after all. "I...I'm pregnant, Happy.", she suddenly blurted out ignoring the usual congratulation.
"I told, yesterday, and I don't even remember why I left him standing there in the living room. But I needed space to breath, you know? I was in the freaking kitchen and he didn't even get the idea to check on me. Tony simply left to I don't know where. I half expected seeing his drunken ass passed out on the living room floor the next day. I'm still not sure about this..." she gestured to her still flat stomach and avoided Happy's eyes. She was pregnant and newly engaged. Pepper should be happy after all but she wasn't... Not the same way all those characters in tv or the movies were.
"Don't tell him this. But I actually googled for appointments at the doctor for...for abortions. He suddenly called out of the blue. Apologizing that he had an epiphany that both of us could be great parents and he popped the question. He was so happy once he got back, Happy. He told me how he wanted to hide me from the public during and after the pregnancy. But I don't want any of that... Except for maybe the ring. I like that thought."
A fond smile appeared on her lips and almost made it seem like her talks about removing the baby were her only freaking out about it. After all she always planned the smallest detail about her life and a baby hadn't been included in those details.

Natasha was pushed backwards and her back as well as back of her head hit the wall; only to be pushed through it. She groaned unconscious for a second and wouldn't it be for her better stamina and faster regeneratives, Nat would've been dead. But instead it took her longer than usual to stand up on wobbly knees. She groaned in pain and closed her eyes. Her ears were ringing as she tried to keep standing. But it was like her mind almost instantly cleared as she heard or rather saw Clint's worry. The kid was still standing and so was Barton... Stark! She cursed under her breath and stumbled back to the shop. "Stark!", she called out trying to spot someone or something through the debris.

Peter didn't even seem to be affected by what had happened. Sure he had some cuts but mostly he was bothered by the man holding him down. He jumped to his feet and looked at his ruined jeans. "Dammit, May will hate this.", he cursed and looked at the hole in the trousers.
"What just happened, Mister Stark?", he asked and looked around for the billionaire but suddenly realized he was the only one missing. Almost instantly he looked up expecting one of those suits to grab him and fly away. If he had learned one thing since Berlin. Strange things happened around the genius and better be prepared for anything.

"Doesn't sound too smart for such a clever woman.", he simply stated than looked interested at Harley. She was telling him more than he actually wanted to know. But having her on his side could prove difficult but handy. "I can make him like you that way.", he spoke as like he already knew about the ring. "To make him want a family and retire with you. Only you.", Loki grinned innocently. Perhaps he was taunting but there was a spell for this. They might not be a good match according to Loki. But who was he to judge.

Steve looked down at Bucky as he told him to go away. But instead of doing so he kept nudging the man with the tip of his shoes. Like they were back in the 30s just that Steve was obviously healthier.
"I'm not going to way, grumpy.", he simply replied and continued "Do you know that one cat which constantly looks mega grumpy from the internet. You actually look like that one, right now." He grinned down at him and tried to get at least some sort of reaction.
"You know I can understand that you like Romanoff. She's beautiful and you always had a thing for redheads. What was that girl's name you used to take out on dates in the 30s...? Do..Dolores! You used to call her Dotty, remember?"

Last edited:
"Okay, Pepper, calm down...", Happy sighed and put a hand onto her shoulder, "Chill, okay? You got this..."
He still couldn't believe it. Pregnant. And engaged. And that all in one day...
"He probably left you alone because he didn't know what to do to make you feel better... You said he's locking you up, remember? He was giving you some space."
Dammit, he was good. He could be a tv psychologist.
"You know how Tony works. He's a genius, but when it comes to you, he doesn't have the slightest idea what to do. He's trying to make it right, Pepper. You should have seen him without you..."
Happy shivered when he thought back to that time. Or did he shiver because something, no someone was watching? He couldn't get that thought out of his mind and ended up observing the surrounding with his looks, while keeping on trying to calm Pepper.
"He needs you. You get that? He loves you more than himself, Pepper... And... I guess he's gonna love the kid even more."
Happy shrugged, his eyes fixed on a point in the distance, when he suddenly saw the woman on the roof opposite of them. Seemingly out of the blue, he jumped up and ran toward the window.
"You little...."
He took his phone and photographed the two figures on that roof.
"Pepper, get some cover!", he shouted and pulled her back to the sleeping room. When he came back, the two figures were gone. But he was almost sure he had recognized that guy with the cape and the strange stick...

Clint moved slow, but still he knelt down and started digging into the mix of wood and groceries.
"Tony!", he kept on shouting, not sure if he really made any noise, because his ears were useless right now.
But he couldn't find anything but shattered glass and wood. Had his friend been pulverized? He refused to believe that. Tony was alive, he had to be. He was about to marry the woman he loved, he was about to be a father. He couldn't be dead, because that meant that his children could lose him too. And growing up without a father...
"Stark, are you somewhere under there?"
Like an earthquake victim he dug deeper, repeatedly calling Tony's name. He just refused to believe that there was even the smallest possibility of...
Something drew Clint's attention. It was a little rectangle under the wood. He pulled it up and looked at it. Tony's self built phone. It was almost broken and surely damaged by the impact. But there was a message on the screen: "Mark 58 activated"
Clint stared at the note for a while, until he fully realized what it meant. Just that moment, an iron glove broke through the layer of debris.

"BOMB!"
The word still echoed in Tony's head. He had felt the pressure wave, but somehow he had managed to press the panic button in time. His suit had covered him shortly before he had been pressed down and thrown against a wall a few meters away. Iron Man had- once again- saved his life. When he had opened his eyes again, it had been dark. With an insecure "Friday,..?" He had reassured himself that the suit was still intact.
"We are buried, Sir", she had answered calmly and given him instructions how to get himself out of that situation. Now he pulled himself out of the had- been- shop and sat up. His head was spinning, but he was okay, so far. With a sigh he got up and looked around.
"Anyone hurt...?"

"Her name is Nata... sha....", Bucky grumbled angrily and grabbed Steve's ankle. With a hard pull he swept the super soldier off his feet and then pressed him down just for a second. What had started as the urge to hurt his friend for talking about his Natalia like that, quickly turned into a playful fight.
"She's not only pretty, pal. She's got a brain between her ears. She's tough. And... she's not a redhead."
Bucky let go off Steve and lay down again.
"Когда осенние листья, приходит зима (When autumn passes, winter will come)...", he mumbled to himself and smiled. He remembered. He remembered everything now.

Last edited:
Pepper glanced at Happy and shut up as he told her to calm down. She looked at him like he was about to say something smart. His explanation sounded reasonable and something like Tony would do. Strangely enough that seemed to calm her. It didn't have much logic behind it but that reason seemed to fit him...them.
"He's afraid of turning out to be like his father. But I told him we would do it our way. I promised him he wouldn't be like Howard.", Pepper admitted and looked at Happy like she was searching for confirmation. Of course she was right it was almost like she knew him better than she knew herself.
Happy told her how Tony needed her. It almost sounded like he was afraid she would ask for a break again. She wouldn't do that. She loved that man with all her heart no matter how many flaws he had.
"It's just developing a little quick and...and I'm not sure if he asked me to marry him simply because he felt obligated to do so. It's just one big roller coaster with him. One moment I find him passed out on the couch with a drink in his hand and the next he tells me he still can't sleep. Then he's over the moon because of the baby. It's exhausting...", she told him and watched Happy confused as he walked to the window. Times had changed after all. There was no need for them to marry and part of her was afraid. Committing to this for a life was intimidating.
Pepper frowned and blinked as she was maneuvered to the bedroom.
"What's going on, Happy?", she demanded to know but stayed unsure where she was placed. She tried to look after her bodyguard and tried to figure out if he was freaking out because of nothing. Both Tony and Happy were oversensitive when it came to her safety. She always says that it might be best for them to lock her up in a room full of pillows so she cannot hurt herself.

Natasha walked around and watched her surrounding from the corner of her eyes. Clint stood up and looked at something.
"What did you find?"; she demanded to know and walked over to him. It was no use to rummage the debris. As bad as it sounded it was smartest to wait for the police or whoever to move the debris. One wrong move and it might crash down. If Stark was underneath them and alive, they needed to move the debris carefully. She placed her hand on Clint's shoulder.
"We need to wait... We don't know how to handle the debris. We cannot risk to bury him even more. What if we crash him even more?", she tried to gain Clint's attention. But looked around at the covered ground for any holes they might possibly be able to dig into without moving too much.

Peter saw Tony come up from the debris first. "Mister Stark!", he called out and hurried over jumping over the left over wall. He picked up a debris like it was made of styrofoam. The bite of the spider had made him not only quicker but also stronger. Lately even his senses seemed to somehow sharpen. But he had no experience in that yet so he wasn't too sure of that. But it was almost like shortly before dangerous times something made his skin crawl.
"Are you okay, Sir?", he asked as he tried to remove the last few things from his suit. So the other man would be able to move out of there.

Steve blinked as his foot was yanked forwards so he landed on his butt. "Alright, fine. Natasha.", he chuckled and friendly shoved Bucky away. He shook his head amused and made himself comfortable by sitting next to his best friend. This moment was more like it. Like back in the 40s before things had changed. The serum and then Bucky's fall... It was his fault. He should've gone looking for his best friend. For a dead body just anything to burry. But instead they had continued their march.
"Sounds like you got it even worse for her than you had it for Dotty back then, punk.", he laughed and shook his head. At the mention that Natasha was no redhead, Steve rose his eyebrow. "Last time I checked Natasha had red hair. That makes her a redhead.", he patted the older man's shoulder and grinned to himself.
At the Russian sentence he looked over to him though. "What was that?", he asked wondering what he had just told him.

Last edited:
"There was the guy... with the cape... the one who tried to rule the world. Y'know, the guy with the horns?", Happy replied, nervously walking up and down the room, "There was someone with him. We gotta move, Pepper. We can't stay here."
In contrast to Tony, Happy didn't panic at the obvious presence of danger. He took the lead almost naturally and packed up his things.
"They know where we are, so if they want to harm us, we're easy victims. And I'm pretty sure he had that scepter. Tony said he can do mind control with it", the bodyguard kept on explaining, as he zipped his suitcase, "Who knows what that guy wants. After all, Tony destroyed everything and blew up his things. He's probably angry."
Happy had his things ready and looked at Pepper with a questionmark in his eyes.
"So what are we doing, Mrs Stark?", he asked, not moving one facial muscle when he called her the soon to be surname, "Fight or move?"

Clint stared at the iron suit with his eyes wide open.
"What the hell happened?", he asked, calmly.
He was so relieved that Tony had survived. But on the other had, had that really been luck? The genius was prepared for everything. Even an explosion out of the blue? Maybe Tony wasn't as paranoid, maybe they were just reckless. What if Stark was the only one to properly see the danger they were in?
No, stop. Who was that talking? Why did he even think like that? Where was the young man who had jumped into any fight if it had been for the right thing? He had never feared for his life before. But there it was, slowly creeping in... The question if he could make it back in a whole, the question if he shouldn't be home, caring for his family. His children were everything to him, so why would he leave them alone, risking his life for... what? Some psychopath who wanted to kill them all? Maybe he was better off renovating the house, playing with his kids, helping Laura? Who knew... maybe this was wrong. But hell, that was him. Always giving his best having Natasha's back. People's backs in general. And if Wanda had been there, this all wouldn't have happened. If Steve had been there, he would have smelt the danger. If Pietro had been there, he would have gotten them out in time. And maybe Sam would have spotted the bomb earlier. If they had been a whole team, this all wouldn't have happened. But like this... It was too dangerous for them. They weren't at full strength and that would cost one of their lives sooner or later.

Tony wasn't able to think clearly yet. He was too busy recalibrating his sense of balance. If it hadn't been for the suit, he wouldn't have been able to stand at all.
Only subconsciously he heard that they all talked to him. He was just happy to be out. Since he had been under water, stuck under the debris of his own house, he suffered from severe claustrophobia. Every time he felt like he was trapped somewhere, his breath went crazy and his pulse felt like about 300. Friday knew about that by now and could mostly calm him. But not every time.
His legs felt like rubber, but still he straightened up and tried to force a smile on his face. He was alive, after all.
"You know what this reminds me of...?", Tony smirked and opened his helmet, "The scene in Mulan, where the king of the huns breaks through the snow..."
He shivered.
"Crazy scene, scary."
He walked a few meters, but his balance wasn't intact at all. Everything started to spin and he stumbled, tried to stay straight as Friday took control of the suit and placed him upright.
"I'm okay, I'm okay...", he reassured himself and the others, "Probably just hit my head..."

"Nuh, nothing", Bucky shrugged and closed his eyes for a moment. The sun had nearly set now and it was getting dark. With a deep sigh he drifted back to when he had started to feel for that beautiful woman. It had been a dark winter night and they had slept at a freezing hotel room. Somehow they had had a fight about who was allowed to use the bed and...
The memory ended at this point. He knew what had happened, but he couldn't feel it, couldn't taste her. He knew, but he couldn't remember. It was almost like a movie scene, completely detached from any kind of emotion.
But he remembered the promise she had given him. That she would be his redhead so he could find her. He could always find her... but they had taken that memory away from him and he wasn Sure why he remembered now. It was only bits and pieces, coming back in lots, not alone. Almost like mosquitos, whirring around his head, too fast to be caught. But sometimes it was easier to shove them away instead of trying to catch them. As mosquitos are, however, they weren't easy to get rid of... But he needed to change the topic.
"And you?", he asked his friend next to him, the beautiful young and Natalia still stuck in his mind, "Got anyone except yourself and me?"

Last edited:
Pepper listened to him with a frown and glanced at the window. She thought about what to do next and straightened her back. Yet confusion was shown on her face as Happy called her Mrs. Stark. First confusion than she seemed to light up while a smile spread over her lips. "Virginia Stark... Doesn't sound too bad, does it?", she spoke seemingly forgetting about the urgent matter at hand.
She tried to shake the thought off but it made her giddy and a faint blush appeared on her cheeks. "We'll do the complete opposite of what Mister Stark would want us to do, Happy. Let's see what Loki wants from us.", she spoke determined and knew she would get in trouble sooner or later with both her bodyguard and Tony. But that wasn't her concern. They surely wanted to do something with her so they got to Tony. She would protect the man though. The same way he would probably protect her in this situation.
"Let's keep an eye on the Asgardian and whoever was with him. I'm going to call Tony though. Let's see if whatever he's having an eye on has something to do with this.", she walked back into the living room of the hotel room like nothing has happened and went to her jacket to fish her phone out of it.

Natasha placed her hand on Clint's shoulder as she seemed more worried for him than the billionaire. "You alright, pal?", she asked him. Of course she could guess what was going on inside his mind. He wasn't made for this kind of work anymore. He had retired before the Civil War as the media had called it. Ready to spend the time with his kids and Laura. To actually be there for them but life always declined him that one wish. "You should go home, Clint. We can do this on our own.", she told him almost gently. Of course she was sure that he wouldn't be too happy. But maybe it was time for her to push him away from her and these kind of missions. He had a family to take care of unlike Natasha.

"Mister Stark?" Peter asked confused as he stumbled away almost like he was drunk. He seemed to fall and the teenager reached out to steady him. "Perhaps you should take a seat, Sir.", he tried to advise without sounding too bossy. The man didn't seem to be fine at all but he couldn't see him either. His mask might be closed so he couldn't see him properly but his behavior seemed to be off.

Steve watched Bucky. He seemed to relax for the first time in forever. It allowed Steve to relax as well. Perhaps this could at least give them a few days to relax before continuing the way. It was one big escape for the rest of their days. He seemed off in his thoughts and Steve lied down on the grass placing his hands behind his head as pillow. "Well, I had Peggy.", he replied truthfully. He had visited her in hospital until she had died. Afterwards there had been this short kiss between him and Sharon. But it had led nowhere especially because he had been on the run ever since. He was a criminal as much as everyone who had been on his team.
"Ro...Natasha likes lilies You should give her some. Clint brought her a bouquet for her birthday and she actually seemed to be genuinely happy about those.", he tried to advise wanting to see his best friend happy again. If Romanoff was the key to his happiness, Steve wouldn't stand in the way but encourage whatever it was.

Happy froze. He didn't like the thought of staying here, where they could be watched any time. But if Pepper wanted that, he would be by her side, no matter what. Who was he to force her to go anywhere?
"Okay, but I'll sleep on the couch, then. If something happens, I'll be ready", Happy stated and looked at Pepper in a way that didn't allow any contradictions. It had gotten dark outside now and the roof where the danger had been wasn't fully visible anymore. Everything was blurry in the light of the flashing signs and passing cars. A police siren was audible from a few miles away.
He looked at Pepper and asked himself once again what she thought of right now. Tony? Probably Tony. The man was the luckiest person to have her. He hadn't seen that for a long time, but now he seemed to get it. Marrying Pepper was a good idea. And her being pregnant was even better. But what would happen if it all got public...? Nothing good, for sure. Happy had to admit that the farm life probably wasn't a bad idea at all. But Pepper didn't want that. He had to talk to Tony about that sooner or later.
"Doesn't sound bad at all", he smiled, when she blushed. He could see how happy she was about it all. She probably just needed time to get used to the fact that she was going to be a mother.

Clint shrugged and looked at Natasha directly now. It had gotten dark now and the streets were empty. If someone wanted to attack, it was the best time now.
"You're right, I should. But one of us is going to die in this", he expressed his thoughts, "You remember that one time when Agent May suddenly disappeared during a job and they decided to send her team on their own? Out of seven, two made it back, barely alive."
He knew she didn't want to hear that, but it had to be said. After all, they were a team, a family. And they needed to stick together.
"I mean, sure. They were idiots, we aren't. But if there's one part missing, the chain doesn't work anymore. We need our team to stay alive in this mission, Tasha. I know you don't wanna hear that, but you know it's true."
Clint looked at his partner in crime and tried to see into her head for once.
"We can either do this as a team or not at all", he finished and looked at Tony, who seemed to be a little dazed, "I mean, he could be dead now. If more eyes had looked, maybe we would have seen the bomb earlier."
He shrugged.
"So either we try to work together or we leave it and run and hide."

Tony dropped to the floor right where he was standing. He was feeling very dizzy.
'Tony, you might have a light concussion', Friday told him, 'You should visit a hospital.'
"Concussion...", Tony repeated, "That explains a lot..."
He took off his helmet and looked at the leftovers of his team. Peter was standing in front of him, looking at him with a frown and a worried glance. He looked up at him and smiled.
"Friday says I have a concussion", he answered the question that was floating around the room.

Bucky shrugged.
"She's not really the type for flowers. It must have been some kind of insider thing", he mumbled and looked up at the stars, which slowly started to appear now. The gentle wind that swept over his face didn't bother him, it was more of a reminder that he was still here and not inside an implanted memory.
"I don't even know if she wants to... I haven't been the nicest person the last few years. What if she doesn't want to be closer than this?"
He sighed. Actually James didn't want Steve to know about him and Natalia. It was long ago and maybe for the best it was over. They had been different people back then, focused on the missions, but desperately looking for someone to trust in. They had found that someone in each other and eventually they had fallen in love. It had been something like the last connection to reality he had had. When they had taken her away, it had been senseless. He had given up. But maybe that had been the plan all along. To break him to make him fully compliant. Who knew...?

"Don't you dare look at me like this, Hap. We both know that they will follow us if we move again. So why not stay here where we know that they're definitely watching?", she told him with a shrug. She looked at him in the same way and he seemed to defeat to his fate. "At least let me give you a comfortable pillow and blanket.", she insisted and walked to the bedroom so she would be able to remove those from one side of the bed.
Pepper placed it on the couch and sighed a little. "The both of you really need to get used to the thought that I'm not living a completely safe life.", she told Happy friendly and continued "Plus I have my own mind about things." She walked over to Happy and placed a friendly peck on his cheek. "Please call if you need anything, alright?"
With that she walked into the bedroom to give him some privacy but left the door askew to remind herself Happy was there for her safety. Ever since what happened with AIM, Pepper was scared of situations like this. But she tried her best to hide it. Both men didn't need to know about that. She sat down on the bed and dialed Tony's phone number.

"Perhaps. Our lifes are full with death. It's just...a miracle that we are still alive.", she told him and added seriously "But that one person is not going to be you, Clint! If I can help it, you will be the last person to die so you can go back to your family. I promised this to Laura." She knew Clint didn't want to hear that. He didn't know anything about her promise to Laura about bringing him home no matter what. So this one might surprise him.
"Clint, no matter how hard you will try: we will never be a team again. Too many things happened between us and...and some things are worse than others. Some more eyes might be better but this is something you have to accept. The only reason why I'm here is you anyways. Otherwise I couldn't be bothered by a maniac trying to take over the non exisiting Avengers.", she told him truthfully and even rolled her eyes at the thought.

Peter seemed overwhelmed with this situation. He was unsure of what to do to help Mister Stark. "Umm... Do you need something?", he asked the older man and fumbled with the device which sprayed the webs from his wrist. Accidentally he fumbled at the wrong button and actually shot one of his webs to Stark's hand binding him to the ground he was sitting on. "I am so sorry!" Peter exclaimed almost automatically and flushed of embarrassment.

Steve stayed quiet for a little as Bucky shut off his idea. He listened quietly wondering what the other man expected of him. He hadn't been the womanizer of the two back in the days. Girls had looked after Bucky not Steve. His limited experience with girls were either those double dates they used to go on or...Peggy. He still loved her after all those years but he had accepted his fate. Of course she had married and was old now. But he had always imagined himself by her side.
"Well, if I know something about Romanoff than it's the fact that she probably wants something else than what people expect. I mean she slept in the barn next to you the other night, didn't she? Sounds to me that she might want more, Buck.", he tried carefully and continued "I think she likes you a lot, Buck. But what do I know. Never been prince charming with the girls, wasn't I?" He rubbed the back of his neck as he seemed to simply try to help and restore his friendship with Bucky.

"Night, Pepper", the bodyguard smiled.
Happy lay down, his face toward the door. He would stop anyone who would try to take Pepper. With a careful move he pulled a gun out of his suitcase and placed it under the couch, there he could easily reach it in case of an emergency. Since AIM he always had a gun on him. He didn't want to end up like that again. When the gun was placed, he looked out the window again. They were gone and there was no sign of them coming back any time soon. Maybe he should just get some sleep....
As soon as he relaxed, he sank into the pillow and closed his eyes. He drifted into a peaceful sleep and snored quietly.

After a few minutes of staring into the darkness, Clint looked back at Tony.
"We should leave, before the police arrives", he stated, "they might be asking the wrong questions."
Clint had been in trouble with policemen before. But he had always had immunity due to his work for SHIELD. How that was now, was beyond him, but he didn't intend to find out. Especially the kid didn't deserve to be locked up and questioned for something he hadn't done.
"Guys, come on, let's get rolling..."
He grabbed Tony's arm and dragged the dizzy genius to the car, where he pushed him onto the back seat.
"Oh, where is Vision by the way?", he asked, raising an eyebrow.
Tony shrugged.
"I don't know," he explained, "He's a grown up AI with a body. I can't look after him all the time."
"No one asked you to", Clint chuckled.
"Okay... oh, wait a second, Pepper is calling."

"Hey Honey", Tony smiled and waited for the videochat- window to open in his helmet. But instead of an answer he got buzzing, white noise and a laugh that sent shivers down his spine. It was the same stupid laugh that had followed him through his dreams, alongside aliens, darkness and fear.
"Pepper...?", he asked, his voice suddenly small and shaky. No answer. Dammit... This was... bad... Really bad. But... Wasn't Happy with her? Happy would take care of her. Wouldn't he...? Pepper needed him, though. And this wasn't the time to think, this was the time to do something. Without a comment he took off through the open top of his car. He needed to save Pepper!

Peter's phone started to go crazy after he hadn't texted back for 10 minutes.
Ey, Peter!
Peeps!
Answer!
Dead...? :o
Seriously, nerd. I'm starting to worry................

Licy lay on her bed, her sketchbook in front of her and doodled with a red pen. She ended up drawing an explosion, blood splashing around to all sides, flowing down the walls like rivers. She looked at it and sighed. With a determination to not let this get close to her, she ripped the piece of paper apart and threw it into the dustbin.
Nerd, answer. My comics are telling me that it's dangerous over there.
She dropped her phone onto the bed and sighed.
"C'mon, Peter, just answer....", she whispered, as if she could actually make him hear her.

Harley had climbed the building from outside, but the schizophrenik had picked her from there and teleported her and himself inside. Now she was standing in front of the sleeping man. She smiled and placed a peck on his cheek. Oh how cute he looked... And he should at least get the chance to save his beautiful girl.
"Big boy... time to fight...", she whispered into his ear. He didn't move, lost in a dream. Harley smiled and sent Loki inside the bedroom with a sign of her hand. That was when Happy jumped up and pulled his gun out under the sofa. Harley laughed and swung her baseball bat.
"Nighty nighty....", she smiled, as Happy dropped to the floor.
She walked over to Loki and crossed her arms.
"I want him too. I like him."
In her usual sexy way she tied Happy up and dragged him inside the bedroom.
"S'leave", she demanded, looking at the God with glowing eyes.

"Good night, Happy. Sleep well," she called over her shoulder with a smile. She was waiting for Tony to pick up his phone drumming her fingertips against the blanket of the bed. She heard him greet her and her smile brightened.
"Hey you, how are you?", she asked unaware that the connection was already gone, "How's that...mission thing going?" She called it mission because of the lack for better words. As he didn't reply Pepper frowned.
"Tony..?" she asked confused for a moment wondering if he had lost his connection. But then again those were Tony's phones so very unlikely. She glanced at the screen of her phone to see if they were still calling each other. She tapped the red circle and was about to call Tony again as the door flew open.
"Goddammit, Happy. What's wrong now?", she asked unnerved and looked up.
Though once she saw Loki, she jumped to her feet. "What do you want here?", she demanded and discreetly placed her phone underneath the pillow after hopefully opening the correct app. With another tap to the screen, it would hopefully record Loki's and her conversation.
Loki casually strolled into the hotel room with his usual confidence. He looked around and snorted at how the room looked. "Isn't that obvious, Miss Potts?", he answered and walked over to her swinging his scepter in his left hand.
"No, I don't really have an explanation for you standing in my bedroom, Loki.", she answered calm and stepped away from the god. She tried her best not to show imitation or fear. But she had gone through this once before and she really didn't plan to do it a second time. She reached for the light on the bedside table to use it as some kind of weapon. But at the same time she knew it would most likely do nothing against the Asgardian.
"Well, we can do this the light way for both of us or I'll force you out of this room. It's all up to you," he gestured and offered her to walk past him so he wouldn't need to use the scepter.
"No thank you. I have other responsibilities," she said as the god suddenly stood only an arm length away from her. Pepper threw the lamp at him and tried to run away. Towards Happy. Where was the guy anyways? What was the point of having a bodyguard like him if he never was there when she actually needed him.
But Loki seemed enraged and simply grabbed her by her neck and squeezed. "Fine, the hard way then, Miss Potts. I would've thought you're smarter than Stark!", he said squeezing harder to the point where he knew it would leave bruises and cut of the oxygen.
"Please...", she said just above a whisper as she struggled to breath properly.
With his other hand he moved the scepter closer until it touched Pepper's skin. Almost instantly it started glowing blue and it reached Pepper's eyes indicating that it had worked. "Be a good girl and stand still," he said almost bored and released her throat as he was sure that Stark's girlfriend was brainwashed. The effect would wear off though, Loki was sure of that. He wanted to see her struggle after all.
His gaze landed on Harley than the door. "We don't need him.", he argued as he saw the man as a liability. What did he care if the man died. "Fine, bring him here and I get us out," he spoke and shot the woman a short glance. Once the other man was tied up and with them he teleported them back into the warehouse.

"Remember you're deaf and I'm Russian if they catch us.", that was something she always had wanted to use as a backup plan until Fury would get them out. So naturally she was excited and actually wanted them to catch her. Despite that it might mean ending up in prison for betraying the government. It wouldn't be the first time for her anyways. Reluctantly she followed Clint, knowing it would only be half as fun if he wouldn't be around as well to confuse the officials even more. Natasha got inside the car in the front. She wanted to touch some buttons to see if some more fishy things built in.
"Oh come one, Not taking care of your baby boy, Stark?", he joked and chuckled as Tony explained Vision was grown up. She looked over her shoulder shortly as Stark explained his fiancée was calling.

Peter got inside in the back. He didn't even open the car door. His phone vibrated and he fished it out of the pocket. Again the screen was broken. Peter cursed under his breath and tried at least to read the massages. But apparently his phone was once again garbage. His screen lit up showing different colored stripes until dying again. Aunt May would kill him. It was the third broken smartphone within the last half a year.
"Mister Stark?", he looked over to Tony and watched him take off. He looked after the billionaire confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back