• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Red and Blue (Marvel RP)

Wanda
"We will help him. Just stay calm and drop this behavior," Wanda told him honestly and huffed just a bit. "Maybe you even know someone who can help him. But this isn't the solution. I can stop his bleeding for a bit, but that won't stop him from bleeding out. But to help him, I need you to calm down. What's your name?" she asked him desperately trying to keep him calm. Maybe even form some sort of relationship. She had read somewhere that talking to people on first name basis was making them less likely to attack.

"Pietro..." she sighed as her twin started to threaten the man. Couldn't he see that the man was on the verge of breaking down? Most likely it wouldn't mean anything good.
Wanda rolled her eyes over the antics of the man and her brother. "Stop it now!" she ordered with an unnerved voice. If she had to, she would simply make the man unconscious and deal with him later. But for now, it didn't seem to be the right decision.

Her attention though went to Pietro, and she huffed as asked a question to which he already had an answer to. "I'm trying to stop him from killing himself or others. We need to find a way to stabilize his brother. I think once the man is dead...things will get nasty for all of us," she murmured to Pietro and looked at him worried. She hoped that her twin would understand the urgency of the moment.
"Find someone who can help him... Someone to save his life," Wanda told him seriously and nodded. She hoped that Pietro would be fast because the other man looked like he was about to die. But she was sure that her brother knew what was at stake. After all, he knew how to behave when things got rough. "Just get help...None of the Avengers though...He's like us before Sokovia," she whispered to him and gave him a warning glance.

Steve
Steve gave the poor boy over to the authorities. He had troubles leaving again as some soldiers discussed whether or not they would need to get him cuff and turn him in as well. After all, he was still a searched terrorist after all. But thankfully, the two soldiers argued rather loudly and didn't pay much attention to him. So, another soldier discreetly waved him off with a promising nod that they would take care of the civilian.

Despite, what he wanted Steve left the scene so he could live in freedom. Actually, he wanted to make sure that Peter would be okay. Still, Steve would make a note to ask Tony or Natasha eventually if the Spiderkid and his friends had made it home in one piece. He was sure that one of them would know about it sooner or later.

Natasha
With a frown, she looked down at the girl. It somehow broke her heart to her the girl murmurs her sorries for who knows what. Natasha stroked her back and crinkled her mouth for a moment. James was the one who was gentler and would know what to do in such a situation. Instead, she mirrored what Laura would do when this was one of her children.
Natasha knelt down to look at the girl thoughtfully. With a gentle gesture, she wiped the tears away from her cheeks. She sighed and smiled at her. "Never be sorry for carrying about someone. I know they tell you otherwise. But carrying for someone or even loving them is one of the biggest strengths, we can have, okay?" she murmurs and even goes to peck the girl's wet cheek. Natasha doesn't seem to care for now. She knew exactly what the girl was struggling with.

Her gaze snapped from the girl as she heard Rhodey over her earpiece. She sighed and stood up. "Come on... We'll go home. I just have to help an old friend of mine. He doesn't know he needs me yet...but he does," she explained and walks off the roof with Lina. She even took the hand of the girl and walked down the fire escape. She looked at Tony from the metal stairs. She watched him for a second before letting go of Lina's hand. "Stay here... We'll go home in a minute," she told him and pulled the girl into another hug before jumping off the stairs. She landed in a superhero pose and quickly walked over to him.

"Tony?" she asked him gently not to startle him further. She walked over to him gently and looked at him. Natasha frowned a little as she watched him before sounding both serious but friendly as she talked to him "Can you take deep breaths for me?" she asked him and started to show him how to breathe by doing so herself "In.... and Out...In and out. Just like that - only regular breaths no deep ones."

She stayed quiet for a moment so she could make sure that he would breathe adequately instead of hyperventilating. That's when she gently places her hand on his shoulder to give him a sense of reality and a grip on the present. "Can you feel my hand on your shoulder?" she asks him even though he probably couldn't, based on the cold metal "Just concentrate on my voice. Can you tell me what you see around us?" She was trying to get him concentrated on something else than the panic that was threatening to drown him.

"Just concentrate on me, Tony. I know you can do it."

Peter
"No, don't..." Peter weakly declined about losing the mask. He couldn't. What if someone of those people recognized him? Peter needed to process a moment to register the question about his arm. His gaze went to it, and he frowned. "I umm...it's broken," he looked at the arm. It definitely didn't look good the way the bones were inside of his body.

Peter just looked empty as his mind had troubles staying conscious instead of slipping into black numbness. He groaned in pain as he was suddenly dragged around to put clothes on. "Stop it..." he grumbled and tried to push Steve and Bucky away. Yet Peter was way too weak to actually go through with it. Just as Steve carried him to the authorities, Peter fell back into unconsciousness. But thankfully though, this time his mind spared him from nightmares.

Someone called the ambulance. Peter was almost immediately transported to a hospital. He woke up a few times and the paramedics asked him random questions about who to call for him or what his name was. He blinked, and it took him a bit to concentrate, but he told them about Aunt May and his name eventually just before they arrived at the hospital and took him in.

Loki
Loki panted but slowly caught his breath as he sat where Thor had placed him. He waved him off as Thor mumbled that he hadn't known. Of course, he usually wouldn't tell him his weakness. Besides, it had been the immense power the spell had costed him. He never used Black Magic. His source of energy was drawn from somewhere else, and he even hadn't quite grasped it yet. He desperately needed something to eat though. It would help him restore the used energy. Loki waved his brother off though and just scoffed.

As soon as Thor started to brag with his stupid lightning power, he rolled his eyes and closed up again. "Of course, it was dark magic, Stupid. None other magic is able to produce a portal from one realm to another," he answered and wondered how ignorant Thor actually had been. They had been taught so. But Thor never showed interest in the magical lessons their mother had given them. It was what Loki had been interested in as a child. He might've played with Thor and his friends to fit in, but his passion had always been in learning and perfecting his illusions.

"Just go," he waved him off indifferent as Thor became uneasy. Still, his brother should probably know that Loki would leave without a word said. He didn't intend to wait and see what would happen next. Loki had been gone far too long anyway. He would need to see what's up with Harley at his point.
Once Thor was gone, he immediately raised to his feet. Loki ignored the dizziness, and he would need to get home soon or else he would fall unconscious soon. The Asgardian still needed something to eat to perform magic again and keep his illusion up. With a sigh, he walked the opposite direction away from the screaming and burned smell. That was the Avenger's business, not his.

Pietro
He didn’t like the way this man was looking at Wanda. The way he gritted his teeth, the way he clenched his fists and acted like he was the strongest person on earth... it just wasn’t right. Pietro disliked people who acted like they were better than him. Especially if they threatened his sister. He grumbled something and then gave that boy a last warning look, before he sped off. He knew exactly who he was going to get to help them. He didn't know about the reason why everyone was so careful around that guy. All he knew was that that man had saved Stark's girfriend and her babies. So he was strong, wasn't he? If there was someone apart from the Avengers who could help, it was him. Looking for Loki, he covered a lot of ground, until he found the man, who was about to walk through something that looked like a portal. Without thinking, he just tackled him and stopped him from escaping. They flew a quite big distance, because of the speed Pietro had had at the time of impact. The speedster was on his feet just a second later and held out his hand for the man.
"Sorry. We need your help", he told him and stared into two light blue eyes, which seemed to grow colder with every second. Silence. At least until that guy with the blonde hair approached them and looked pretty happy.

"Loki! There you are!", he exclaimed and smiled at the other guy. Pietro saw the eyeroll and he knew almost instantly that those two were brothers.
"The battle's over!", the blonde guy smiled, "We defeated the monsters! Why don't you join us and celebrate? I'm sure the others wouldn't mind..."
"Later", Pietro stated and simply grabbed Loki by the hand and carried him to where Wanda wanted him. They had no time for this, Wanda couldn't keep that guy in one place forever. He was dangerous and if that other guy died, he was a real threat.
"You can fix him, can't you?", he asked the god and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Tony
"Breathe?", Tony gasped and tried to get more air into his lungs, "That's what I'm doing..."
He felt his heart beat in his head and he was sure that he would pass out every minute. Peter was bad, really bad. He would probably never wake up again. He had killed a teenage boy. What was he supposed to do?!
In.... and Out...In and out
Bullshit, this was actually helping. He was feeling dizzy, so he closed his eyes. But he opened his helmet to look at his team colleague.
"What now? Deep or regular ones? How am I s'pposed to follow if you don't give me consistant adivce? I...", Tony rambled, because that was what he was doing when he got nervous or scared.
The sound Natasha's hand made on the metal called him back to reality. The horror scenarios rushing through his head got replaced by her voice and he relaxed a little.

"Voice... That is good.. I..." Tony took a deep breath and slowly his tense muscles started relaxing, "I see... Uhm, you. And, Rhodey... And.. I see that little kid climbing down the ladder like... Wow!"
The Iron Man jumped up and his eyes opened wide when Lina jumped down the fire escape from about two meters hight. But the girl landed like a real black widow and brushed the dust off her hand. She walked towards them. Still shivering, but now feeling way better than he had just a moment ago, Tony started to wonder if that was how Natasha had looked when she had been a kid. So confident, almost like a weapon... It hit again, but this time he was prepared.
"Peanuts!", he distracted his mind and looked at Rhodey, "You ate all my peanuts last week, did you buy new ones already? You owe me a huge pack of salted peanuts."
"Yeah, Tony", Rhodey grinned and walked closer to pat his friend's shoulder, "You're gonna get your peanuts."
He smiled back and nodded, still not fully secure on his own legs. But the suit walked him out of the situation and he took it like a champ.

Then he turned back to Natasha and nodded at her.
"You studied psychology, right?", he asked, still struggling with keeping the facade up. But he was better now and that was all because of her. She was by far the least person he had expected to act like that, but yet, there she was, walking over to the kid, holding out her hand. This was so different from the cold spy he knew.
"Anyways, you'd be a great therapist."
With those words, he walked off and hit the air only a few moments later.
"Friday, where's our friendly neighborhood Spiderman now?"
He just wanted to make sure that Peter was alright before he went to face Pepper's anger.

Clint
As soon as Clint had made sure that everyone was alright, he decided to take the next ride home. But since he had no money or anything, there was only one way to do this: Hitch hiking. It took him about an hour to get close to his home and the last few miles were a walk. His arms were scratched from fighting off several monsters and branches and since he wasn’t wearing any shoes, his feet started to hurt pretty soon. He walked on, though, trying to distract himself by whistling a song. When he wasn’t whistling, he practiced his apology for Laura.
“I’m sorry I was abducted, I didn’t mean to...”
That sounded stupid and she probably wouldn’t take a second of it. He had to come up with something better. Wasn’t there a song about being sorry? Something about broken arrows and making mistakes? If he were a better singer, he would probably do a real great performance and make Laura cry. But it was just him...

Hey, show me a man that's never made mistakes...
Didn't that sound a little too dramatic? It hadn't been his intention to leave them again. He hadn't planned this... So they couldn't be angry, right?
After a two hours walk, he was sure that the skin of his feet was gone by now. With a sigh, he finally reached the barn. Only a few more meters to go. It was so strangely quiet in here... As if something... Someone... He couldn't even think about it. This wasn't what he would come home to, no way. They were okay, they were just inside... playing... on a sunny day like this? Carefully, he entered the main building.
"Honey? I'm home...."
Silence. Carefully, he looked around. What had happened here? How long had he been gone? All he knew was that he needed some water, desperately. So he walked to the sink and drank like he had just walked through the Sahara desert. When he saw someone approaching from the corner of his eye, he turned around, ready to fight whoever was coming.

Wanda & Loki
"Pietro!" she scolded her brother with a huff as he went to silently threaten this poor man instead of actually getting help. She stared at her brother and huffed over his constant need to prove himself. It was ridiculous.
Just as she wanted to tell him to finally leave, he did and left her a little dumbfounded. She grumbled under her breath and looked at the man she kept calm. Wanda was sure this would've ended way differently if she hadn't contained Noah. That was his name, right?

With a small groan, Loki was tackled and suddenly brought to another place. Loki stared at Thor unbelievable and huffed a bit. "I can see that the battle is over, brother," Loki huffs and looks at the blond guy almost bored. Why did Thor always have the habit to tell him apparent things and then get annoyed when he called him the stupid oath. The man clearly could've been given some more working brain cells.

"I do not wish to celebrate with them," he huffs at Thor and looks at him. He had been fine, hiding from the Avengers so far. They left him alone, and he could live his life in peace. Life hadn't been kind to him, so there was no need to be pushed around.
He blinked though as the speedster suddenly grabbed him again. "Can you stop doing this?" he asked him annoyed and sent Pietro a dirty glance. Suddenly a dagger appeared in his hand to stop the man to grab him again. But instantly his hand or better say the knife was surrounded by red mist.

"What is he doing here?" Wanda asked her brother and gave her twin a strange look. Loki ignored the woman but moved to the man. "Fenriz?" he asks rhetorically almost surprised. He hadn't seen him in...the void hadn't been kind to Loki after all. The monsters hidden between the realms were nothing compared to those Wendigos they had encountered. Loki had done unspeakable things to survive because neither Thor nor anyone else from Asgard had even considered searching him. It had been the reason why Loki had become one of Thanos's children.

He knelt down and murmured some spells. It was easy for him to heal the other man. His own blood and flesh...

Natasha
The redhead professionally ignored the nervous ramble. She gave him a gaze that told him to concentrate on the task instead of questioning her. "Just regular long breaths, Tony," she said to him seriously instead of sounding aggravated. Natasha could deal with those things despite what everyone thought. Of course, she refused to keep up with the boys' bullshit, but she could also be there for them as a real friend. The one she always had been for Clint and sometimes Steve even though he had refused it. Same scenario - just a different guy here. Tony refused her help, but still, she gave it to him.

The mention of peanuts earned Tony a small scoff from her. Her gaze though instantly followed Tony's and Natasha smirked a little as she spotted the girl mirroring her and jump down the ladder like it was nothing. What broke her heart though was the way she looked. A weapon...nothing else to be expected. That was what good girls like they did.

As she stepped closer to Lina, Natasha turned around. "I didn't study psychology," she laughed almost lighthearted. The closest thing to education had been the Red Room to her. So definitely no education for her. "But I'll keep the job in mind. In case the spy business ever gets boring," she winks at Tony with her usual flirty manner. Natasha offered Lina her hand and smiled gently at the girl. "Wanna see what Bucky is doing and go home?" she asked her rhetorical. Oh, how Nat was looking forward to a nice hot bath.

"Are you hungry by the way?" she asked her and started walking away from the battlefield. "We could get some pancakes on the way." She only suggested it because she knew that James loved them.

Pepper & Friday
Pepper stood in the kitchen fixing herself something to drink. That's when it happened. Or better say that's when she felt it. Her gaze was glued to the news Friday showed her. Tony and the rest of the Avengers, as well as Bucky, were all over it. Apparently, they had appeared out of nowhere with those monsters the news anchor tried to tell the world about. But Pepper didn't really listen, she just felt relieved that Tony had finally made it back.

The relief though didn't stay very long. At first, Virginia thought that she peed her pants. In all honesty, she wouldn't even have been too surprised because those twins kept her either going to the toilet every ten minutes or not at all. Sometimes, the need to pee just arrived way too short notice. But this wasn't pee. The water just kept running down her legs leaving her standing in a huge puddle of her broken waters.

"Umm... Gwyn?" she asked, and for once in her life, she didn't seem to know what to do. She waddled over to her big sister, looking like a toddler that had just peed her pants. She did have contraction from time to time all over the day. But Pepper had put it off as stress and nothing else.
"I-I think we should go to the hospital," she told her oddly peaceful at the moment. It was like she expected Tony to burst through the door and she would need to calm him. But there was no Tony.

"Friday? Can you like...inform Tony, so he hurries?" she asks the AI and seems unsure if she should make her sister go because of her own baby. Suddenly though, she stumbles a bit as a contraction starts. She accidentally knocks an expensive vase off its place as she grabs onto the counter to keep standing. This really was beginning, now.

The AI dutifully scanned all the patients' folders of the hospital until she found Peter's. "Mister Parker is at the hospital and will get surgery. Am I supposed to cover his bills because it appears that he doesn't have insurance?" Friday asks dutifully and adds "Mrs. Parker has already been informed by the authorities and is on the way to visit Mr. Parker."

A moment later, Friday chimed in again "It appears that Miss Potts is in labor and requests for you to hurry up. Am I supposed to leave her a message?"

Laura
Laura stared at the TV watching the fight go down. Her heart sank though as she couldn't spot Clint there. She just hoped that Natasha somehow managed to get him out of there before things got nasty. By the looks of it, even the redhead had troubles getting out of this fight alive. Deep down, she already wondered how to tell her kids that their dad...their dad wouldn't come back.

It ached so much, and Laura needed even longer to look away from the screen. Perhaps it was only to postpone the moment she would need to face Cooper and Lila. Nathan would be too small to remember anything about his father, and it broke her heart all over again. Tears threatened to spill into her eyes, and she choked down some sobs.

Though when she suddenly heard sounds coming from the kitchen. The faucet was running, and she moved silently. Almost too silent as it made the other noise ring in her ears. She held the gun tight. Natasha had shown her how to shoot properly, and the redhead always joked that she should rival her husband. But Laura always waved the spy off because she knew that she couldn't kill anyone deep down. Not unless her family was in danger.

Laura didn't register it was Clint at first. She was quick almost like she had practiced those steps over and over again. Sometimes, Laura even managed to take Natasha down even though she was sure that the other woman allowed her to win. But here she was, easily punching some weak spots of the human body before going in to kick the man's balls. She held the gun in front of her breathing fast. The gun shook a little in her hands, but she aimed it at the man's head "What do you want here?"
She blinked though as she noticed her husband slightly disheveled dark blond hair. Instantly she placed her gun on the counter and pulled him into a tight hug "Clint!"

Noah & Pietro
Whatever she was doing to him, Noah was tired of it. He felt something inside his head like a huge sting spreading poison. He was so tired of living itself, the senseless process of fighting... If Riz was dead by now, it didn't matter. This was over, they had lost. And if Noah didn't do it himself, his boyfriend would kill him. This had been the only thing he had been supposed to do right and he had failed. But now, this wasn't of any importance. Because there was a guy who looked at Fenriz with that same loving look in his eyes that Noah had. And it hurt... To know that someone else than him felt affection towards Riz. There was no way that Noah could have known the real reason for that glance, but he just assumed that he wasn't the only one in his boyfriend's life. Maybe this damn relationship, everything they had had, had been fake. He had to consider it... The man who had saved him wasn't honest. The man who had made him feel like something special was probably a liar.

"Why'd you know him?", he hissed at the man in that strange black suit, "What'cha doin'?"
He could see Riz' shoulder heal and relaxed for a moment, because suddenly he realized what that man was doing. He was healing him. He was saving his boyfriend's life. As soon as that strange guy was done, he pushed him away quite harshly and pulled Fenriz' still unconscious body onto his lap. He held the heavy body against his and listened to the steady breathing. And his shivering arms clung to the warm body, praying to any god avilable. Praying that this man would wake up again and stay with him... And that he wouldn't be angry about Noah breaking his promise. Because if he was, this would be the last time he was holding onto him.

Pietro stood by and watched the scene with a suspicious look. Wanda had stopped holding the man down the moment that he had knelt down next to his brother. He would not lat those two out of sight until everyone was safe. This also included the other Avengers, who were slowly disappearing, one after the other. No one cared about the two real villians, no one cared if they were fine. They were all just... Gone. Great family. When had they become so selfish? Feeling something like a cold shiver on his spine, he stepped closer to Wanda. He could feel how she was struggling to stay on her feet. She had not only almost been dragged into that damn spell from before, she had also saved the whole damn team from lava and contained a dangerous man for some time. He reached for her hand, signalizing her that he was ready to pick her up and go home. This wasn't their buisness anymore. They were done here, world and the ond man saved. What else did they need to do?
"Let's go home", he said. He didn't even notice that he called the Barton Farm his home, but maybe that was because he was still refusing to believe that anyone seriously wanted the two of them in their lives. He had experienced so many different scenarios, he couldn't imagine that they would ever have anyone else than each other.

Bucky
He wasn't hurt, just tired. This battle had been exhausting. He entered the small apartment to this hiss of a cat, which made him jump. With a sigh, he shook his head and bent down to calm the animal.
"это я... (it's me)", he mumbled and picked the cat up, "Did I scare you, buddy? I'm sorry..."
Carrying Liho with him, he walked to the couch and dropped onto it. Pictures rushing through his head, he closed his eyes for a while. It was so quiet around him, only the clock ticking on the wall reminded him that he wasn't frozen, in that capsule. The screams of those monsters still echoed in his head. Even after all those years, he couldn't shake them off. He couldn't do anything against that feeling, the guilt. There had been too many victims, to actually say that it had been them. It just wasn't right, becauser he had been in there all the time, watching. He might have not been fully aware, but he had been there, inside his body, watching. And he hadn't done anything. Why? Because orders were orders and a good soldier didn't question them.

The huge man sat on that couch for quite a while, drowning in the feeling of guilt that those memories gave him. He had never questioned anything. He had killed innocent people without even asking why. Who did that except a monster? Because that's what he was, right? A monster. Merciless, cold, a threat to this world.
Footsteps in front of the door distracted him. Just a second later, the door opened and the smell of pancakes filled the room and a little girl ran inside with a plastic bag.
"Hey...", he smiled, "You're alright..."
Lina stopped in the middle of her movement, when he crouched down to hug her. She pulled her shoulders up and just froze and so did Bucky. For a moment, he had forgotten where she had been raised. But it all came crashing down onto him just a second later. The way she stood there, her arms in front of her face, so he couldn't hit her nose. But he would have never. He looked at Natasha, but she looked so happy, so relieved that the battle was over. So he just put on a smile and got up again, walked to the table.
"Let's eat, I'm starving...", he stated and sat down. He placed his metal arm under the table and sighed.

Tony
Flying through the air, he felt safe. No one could hurt him up here. It was like his very own safe place.
"Yeah. Wait, no insurance? Make sure he has one the next time something like this happens." He paused, thinking for a minute, "Thanks, Friday, I'll pay him a visit later", he spoke and sped up a bit, heading for the hospital. That was until he got the message that Pepper was going into labor. Tony gasped and turned right around.
"Oh, damn, I'll be there in a second. Where is she?"
But as it turned out Pepper was nearly at the hospital and it was the same one he had been going to anyways, so that wouldn't be a problem. He could look after Peter and still be there for Pepper. Perfect. This was almost too good to be true.

With quite a blast, the Iron Man landed in front of the hospital building. While walking inside, his suit started shrinking to the point where there were only two iron bracelets and a belt left. This was still rather exhausting, maybe he could come up with an even better solution... But there were more important things to worry about now.
Pulling his smartphone out of his pocket, he walked inside and called Pepper's cell. Maybe he was lucky and was there before everyone else...?
That hope was shattered when Happy powerwalked towards him and his face told everything there was to know. Except...
"She's in the delivery room already, just... where have you been?!", Happy asked him and looked him up and down. Tony's torn trousers and the ripped up, blood drenched and dirty shirt weren't really the best sight at all. But he was here and he wouldn't go anywhere. Even if Happy tugged on him and played the "You should change"- card. And when Tony heard Pepper scream, he just pushed past Happy and sprinted forward, into the room.
"I made it! I'm here!", he shouted and took Pepper's hand, "And I'm not late..."

Clint
To be fair, he hadn't expected those punches, tunring around. He had actually recognized Laura the second he had tried to fight her, so he was going for a hug, but what came back was anything but gentle. Clint was worn out. He was hungry, his arms were scratched and his footsoles hurt like he was standing on needles. He blocked her punches, but it hurt nonetheless. She went pretty hard on him, so she probably didn't recognize him. And damn, she sure had had some training. Where did she learn that from?

"Laura, Laura, it's me!", he shouted, trying not to hurt her, but to keep her from hitting the sensitive parts of his body... like, his balls. Wasn’t he using the right words? Was he making any sound at all? He still couldn’t hear himself.
The punch in the groin hurt as hell and made Clint huff deeply. This wasn’t only painful, but also really humiliating. And on top of it all, she even aimed a gun on him... An empty one, though. He saw how her hands shivered and got ready to use that to his advantage. Just in the moment when he raised his hands to turn the gun out of her hands, she dropped it herself and went to hug him. Even without his hearing aids, he could hear the jarring “CLINT”. With a smile, he hugged her tightly. They stood like that for a while, until Clint noticed that his head was getting heavy and it felt like he was on a ship, which was thrown around by heavy waves. He blinked a few times, but the more the adrenaline wore off, the less steady he was on his legs. He even had to lean against Laura for support.
“Oh god. Can I just sit for a moment?”, he asked, as white dots danced in front of his eyes.

Loki, Fenriz & Wanda
"I do something you are incapable of," Loki simply scoffed at the man. Certainly, the two men seemed to have a similar attitude towards people they doomed to be in the way or useless. He huffed and just rolled his eyes. However, Fenriz was connected to this man he already went on Loki's life. This man was acting ridiculous, and he huffed. Even more so as Noah pushed him away. His gaze turned ice cold, and Noah was just lucky that there were witnesses. Loki usually would end the boy's life right there. "You would think people were more thankful," he huffed and moved away ignoring his brother and the speedster as he took his leave.

Fenriz groaned in pain and unoriented as he was moved around. He blinked and opened his eyes as he looked up at Noah. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.
"Did we...did we win?" he eventually manages to ask and looked at his boyfriend breathless. Loki hadn't managed to deal with the blood loss yet before Noah had pushed him aside. So, Riz still seemed slightly pale and on the verge of getting unconscious again.

Wanda ignored Pietro at first. She knew how he hated staying in one place. "Someone needs to contain them and bring them to SHIELD," she tells him and sighs a little. Wanda really wanted to go home as well. But she was sure that they would escape if no one looked after the two. She took his hand though and leaned tiredly against Pietro. Wanda had used a lot of her energy today. "Maybe going home doesn't sound too bad..." she murmured as, but Pietro had noticed what she had done today. Somehow people seemed to take her for granted unless things like South Africa happened. In those cases, she was the personified evil.

Natasha
Natasha came in after Lina and hummed. She seemed to be happy and for once didn't even try to push Liho away as he walked her way to rub on her legs. The spy closed the door behind her and locked it. "You could've waited for us, you know," she greeted James but sent him a smile. Natasha ruffled Lina's hair as the two of them seemed to be frozen in place.

"We brought you your favorite pancakes," she mentioned to him and took the bag from Lina. "Would you be so kind and set the table?" she asked the girl friendly. Something seemed to have changed between the two as Natasha seems far gentler with her now compared to their earlier interactions. She moved over to the table though and placed her hand gently on Bucky's metal arm. She leaned down and whispered into his ear "We're going to take a bath later." Natasha kissed his cheek and helped Lina set the table so they could finally eat. Even Liho got a bowl of milk for once which the black cat happily ate.

"Hopefully they're still warm," Natasha spoke as she finally dived into her portion of pancakes. A small moan left her lips as she ate happily. She hadn't allowed herself to eat such a thing in a really long time now.

Pepper
Turning her head, Pepper felt relief wash over her. She stared at Tony as she was covered in sweat and seemed tired. "Tony..." Pep murmured breathlessly and screamed again when another contraction hit her. She squeezed her eyes closed and aimlessly reached out for Tony with her hand. She opened her eyes again, holding his hand. She seemed to calm down a little as she felt Tony's reassuring hand in hers. "I get to say if you're late or not," she told him breathless and held his hand tight. She breathed fast and her gaze locked with his. It was evident that she had been scared fo going through this on her own.

"What-what happened to you?" she took in his state of clothes in and frowned a bit. But before she was able to say anything else or think again, Pepper was hit by just another wave of contraction.

"Miss Potts, I need you to push, now. Your fiancé is here so we can actually do this now." the doctor said and looked at Pepper seriously. She had refused to push until now, saying that she needed Tony by her side. It had been getting dangerous for the twins already. Pepper nodded pale and started to push with the contractions.

Two hours later, she leaned back, and her eyelids threatened to drop as she tried to relax. Her gaze though landed on Tony as she listened carefully to the doctors who took care of the twins.
Eventually, though both Emma and Andrew started screaming and the doctor turned to Tony: "Would you like to cut their cord?"

Laura
"Oh god, Clint..." she murmured with tears in her eyes. She held onto him like he was her life. In many ways, he probably even was her life. Laura held onto him for a while and kissed his cheek. "I'm so sorry for hurting you..." she murmured like she knew how hard she had gone on him. Laura pecked his cheek again and rested her head on his shoulder. That was until she felt him holding onto him.

"Come on," she murmured and moved him to the couch. Laura blinked though and gently placed him on the couch. "Stay here... I'll get you something to drink, alright?" she mentioned and pecked his cheek. With a sigh, she moved into the kitchen and filled a glass with water. She quickly held it to his lips and kissed his cheek. "Give me a minute, and I'll be back," she promised him and placed the glass of water down in front of him.

Laura hurried to get the kids out of their hideaway. She gently knocked against the door just like the pattern she had told Cooper over and over again. "Coop? Everything's fine... Dad's back home. It's over, darling," she said to him through the closed door and placed her flat hand against the door to her children.

Still at the battlefield
Slowly, he stepped away, pulling his sister with him. Sure, someone should contain them, but this felt too familiar to him to actually do something. Who was still there? And would they be the next victims of the authorities, as soon as they saw them? Being on the run wasn’t funny. He turned around, pulling Wanda after him. Slowly, so painfully slowly, he pulled her away from the soldiers, before they could see them. The bird guy and Rhodes had landed not far from them now. So the criminals were in good hands. And he wasn’t going back to that prison. He wouldn’t be locked in that box again, his body feeling like one big vibrating bomb, about to explode any time. That feeling kept coming back, though. At night, when everyone was sleeping. When he was alone in their room. When it was too quiet to be distracted by anything. That was when he felt locked up again. That experience haunted him in his dreams. And it was as real as the day he had felt it.

“Good job, Maximoff”, Rhodey stated and landed next to the twins. He stared at Wanda’s brother for a while. Wasn’t he dead...? What had he missed? Tony didn’t tell him anything anymore. A little warning would have been nice. Or something... Just a text: “Hey btw, Pietro Maximoff isn’t dead”
Anything. But well, that was how Tony was, right? And Sam seemed just as off guard about the situation as he was. Topic saved for later. They had someone to contain.
Their comerades- all soldiers- went forward quickly, the collars ready. Somehow they had noticed that at least one of those kids had powers. The other one seemed quite harmless, though. He was hurt and unconscious, but you never knew. When he woke, he could be a danger to everyone around him. And maybe himself. So Rhodey better didn’t take any risks. He told the soldiers to contain both of them, just in case.

Some of the men stared Sam down, as they walked by him. In their eyes, he was a traitor. He had turned his back on the law to fight alongside his friend, Steve. He had given all his reputation and whatever else he had been to help Steve get Bucky back. But he was a free man now, so he just stared them down. He had done his time and he had been pardoned. They couldn't harm him anymore. If he was honest, he would do it again. But what he didn't like was this messy situation it had gotten them into. They were all fighting their own battles now, but there was nothing left of the team. The whole friendly family vibe was gone, it was almost like they had never fought alongside each other. The Falcon sighed, as they took Rhodey's orders without a question and then went off with those two kids. Maybe it was better like that, but he couldn't shake off that feeling... That feeling that something wasn't right about the way they treated the two boys. Because in all honesty, they seemed pretty desperate to him. Maybe they needed help instead of punishment. What would Steve do? Probably something illegal. He would talk to him about that later.

Bucky
The dinner went down silently, but he really tried not to spoil the mood. He put a smile on his face and just pushed through it, being reminded of everything that she thought she knew about him. But was he who she saw?
Lina ate quietly, slowly, enjoying every piece of the pancakes she chewed. She never ate enough to fill her. She said it was about control, about being stronger than her body. Because she was human, she wasn't a dog. So she pushed the half finished pancake aside and watched Natasha eat for a while. She frowned and so did James. He really wanted to help that girl to heal, but right now, he was too lost in his own thoughts. The numbness, the cold. He was feeling empty again and it was scary. The battle had left its scars, even if it had only been a small one, compared to what he had fought before. He couldn't sit here and pretend that he was happy, that nothing had ever happened. That he hadn't hurt those little girls back then when they had refused to comply. That he hadn't hurt little Natalia when he had first seen her. And still, she hadn't given up on those questions and had ultimately saved him. She had woken him up.

Afterwards, Lina sat down on the couch and turned the TV on. She cuddled up and just stared at the pictures rushing by. He wasn't sure if she was even watching, but it was the first time she did something without being told. Just like him, she was slowly regaining control of herself. The will to decide for herself. It was important that she knew that it was okay if she did so, so he smiled at her before he opened the flat door, heading for the roof. He felt locked up in here and he needed some time to think. He couldn't sit next to Lina and watch tv with her. If he snapped, he would hurt her. He didn't want that to happen.

Gun shots echoed in his head, as he sat down on the edge of the skyscraper. He knew that he probably should stay low. He didn't really care that moment. He just wanted to be alone, memories and feelings rushing through his head. He stared down at the cars passing under him and felt how the wind moved his long hair around him. Flashes of dead bodies, of guns, battles he wasn't supposed to win. Little girls with broken arms, he stepped on their chest to show them that they were far from strong. He was a monster. What kind of person tortured children?
He screamed into the sinking sun. He screamed, because all those voices and pleading faces were about to explode his head. Mercy, mercy... He never had.
When the sun had gone down, he was standing on the edge, looking down. He had been wandering up and town that small wall for a while now, feeling the wind tug on him, trying to remember why that feeling made him feel so upset. Anything was better than feeling nothing, being a machine. It was better than following orders blindly. A noise behind him made him freeze for a second. He turned around, still standing on the wall, which had been made to keep people from falling over the edge. What a beautiful metaphor. He was too close from stepping over the edge again.

Tony
When Pepper gripped his hand, it was like she was closing the electric circle. He wasn't tired, hungry or thirsty anymore. all that mattered was that he was here by her side, while their children were born. He looked at her face and smiled apoplgetically, when she asked him where he had been. They would save this conversation for later.
"You heard the doctor, Honey, you have to push now", he told her gently and held her hand tightly. He wouldn't like to be in her place right now, but he still admired the determination in her look. Even giving birth seemed to be no challenge for his marvellous Pepper Potts.

"Cut the cord? Can I do that? I mean, am I qualified to...."
He looked at those small and bloody things, that didn't look like children at all. More like two red rasins, which had been bathed in strawberry sauce. Still, he almost instantly felt something like eternal love for those two disgusting creatures. The doctor helped him cut their cords and just a few moments later, they were cleaned and weighed. He stood next to the nurses every second of it, just to make sure that his two beautiful children were fine. It was only when the nurse gave him one of the babies- Emma-, that he really wrapped his head around the fact that this adorable face had big blue eyes and red-ish blonde... well, one couldn't really call it hair... , while the boy had brown eyes and dark hair.

"She looks... Just like her mother...", he told the nurse with glowing eyes, as they walked into the room, where they had brought Pepper to rest. Tony walked inside and sat dwon on the bed, making sure that the baby in his arms didn't feel the way his body shifted. The nurse put the second baby down on Pepper's chest and Tony smiled, as he pecked Andrew's small forehead.
"Look, Pepper... they're tiny us..."
And as Tony looked down on his two beautiful children, his eyes suddenly started to feel wet. A tear dropped onto the little girl's face, but Tony didn't hide, not this time.
"Look what we made...", he whispered, almost in awe.

Clint & Cooper
Clint just sat, as the world kept spinnig. He put his feet onto the couch table, though he knew that he wasn't allowed to do that. But damn, they hurt. Did Laura know that he had walked all the way here? Did she know that his whole body hurt like hell and that he hadn't eaten anything in days? So what was she doing... How could she leave him alone in his misery?
"Where did you learn to fight like that?", he asked and tried to make her come back, to take care of him. He was a wounded hero for God's sake... And even if she had answered, he wouldn't have heard it. He still didn't have his hearing aids back. But he needed those. So Clin made a decision. He pulled himself up and walked, or more tumbled, up the stairs to the bathroom, where he had last seen them. While Laura was downstairs with the kids, Clint crawled the last few steps and reached for the hearing aids on the dresser. When he finally had them in his ears again, he lay down on the cold floor and didn't move anymore. He was too exhausted to move another muscle.

Cooper had kept his sister and his brother safe. He had checked the screens every second they had been in there, he had watched the door, held Lila in his arms when she had cried. She was such a baby sometimes. When he heard the secret knock on the door, he approachd carefully. Dad was back, that was good. And it was defititely Mom's voice outside. Nathanael crawled towards the door and babbled something in baby language and Lila was happy too. The oldest of the kids was still suspicious, though. He held the knife in one hand, as he opened the heavy door, but he dropped it immediately when he saw his mother standing there. He held the door open for his siblings, before he rushed into her arms and pressed against her for safety. For a moment, he just clung to his mother, trying to calm his racing thoughts. It was over, they were safe.
"Where's Pierto and Wanda? Are they okay?", he finally asked and looked up at his mother. They might not be his siblings, but they belonged to them as well, now that Mom and Dad had decided to let them live in the guest room.

Wanda
Wanda looked at Rhodey as he landed next to them. She gave him a nod and allowed Pietro to pull her with him now. It meant things were safe now. "Just be careful with the unconscious one. I think he's the mastermind behind all of that," she told them her old Sokovian accent coming back and sighed a little. Perhaps this could end this easy.

Eventually, she walked with Pietro and nodded at him. "Let's go home," she agreed, and her brother sped them back to the Barton place. She sighed as they were outside the farm and she smiled at her brother. "This really feels like home, doesn't it?" she mentioned.
Wanda walked towards the house again feeling the buzzing of a few people in there. "Just be careful...I think they went through quite some bad time in there," she murmured and sighed a bit as she finally stepped inside.

Her smile landed on Lila. She was the little sister she never had, and instantly she scooped her up in her arms. Her sleepiness was gone instead she wanted to protect the Barton children. "How are you doing, Lila?" she asked her curiously and cuddled her a bit.

Natasha
Natasha silently took the half eaten plate and went to Lina. "Just finish it when you feel like that," she smiles at her and gently messed the girl's hair up. It almost seems affectionate. "What do you say about the two of us being able to watch TV together, tomorrow? I just need to check on James first, okay?" she asked the girl as it already was some time since the Winter Soldier came back in. Natasha knew that he needed a bit of time for himself from time to time. But this was getting ridiculously long. She leaned forward and gave a small kiss to her cheek.
"You know where to find me if you need something," Natasha mentioned to Lina.

The redhead grabbed James's jacket and climbed the stairs up to the roof of the building in which she had bought the flat she currently shared with James and Lina as well as the damned cat. With a sigh, she finally made it upstairs and quietly allowed the door to fall into its lock. She just came down to the first scream. Natasha leaned on the wall, her arms crossed underneath the leather jacket she loved seeing her James in.
She watched the Winter Soldier walk along the edge of the building. It didn't trouble her too much knowing that each step was calculated to keep him alive. They all had those thoughts after surviving, but no one would go through with it. Their survival instinct was too distinct and the reason why they went through so much without dying. At least it was the reason for Natasha. She survived so much in her life.

Finally, she made herself known by making a bit of noise not to startle him in an unfortunate incident. "Don't you think you need a jacket?" she asked him instead of speaking up his walk on the ledge. She sighed a bit and walked forward holding his jacket out. The leather was soft against her touch. Her joints were a little stiff from standing against the wall so long. "Besides I think you scared all the pigeons off the roof with your screams," she huffs a little and looks at him pointedly before breaking into a small smile.

Pepper
Shortly after the doctor asked Tony about the court, Pepper's vitals were checked and taken care of entirely. They wheeled her out of the delivery room and promised the twins would follow shortly after with her fiancé. She nodded tiredly and threatened to fall asleep any moment. But she wanted to see her children first to make sure they were alright. Her emotions threatened to take over once again as she just was so exhausted and wanted to cry so badly.

Finally, the door moved, and she looked up to see Tony with a small pink bundle in his arms. "Is it..." she didn't get to finish her sentence, and the nurse walked past Tony and lied her son on her chest. Pepper blinked and looked down at the small boy.
Pepper breathed a shaky breath out and looked at the small boy on her chest. She gently stroked the warm back of her boy and looked at the girl. She scoffed as he whispered what they made. "These are my babies. You said you used protection, so you get 10 percent of the credit! An argument can be made for 12," she grinned up at Tony and gently wiped his cheek. "But they do look like mini us," she yawned a little and moved to the side a bit. She pulled him to her side so he could lie down next to her.

Pepper smiles and gently stroked the small tar out of Emma's face and teared up as well. "They are so beautiful," she sighed and leaned against him slowly for support. Her whole body slowly started to hurt as the adrenaline began to wear off. She gave a tired groan of pain, but she still held the boy protective against her. It was almost ridiculous how much love she felt for them.

Laura
"Come here, I'm so proud of you..." she whispered, and it broke her heart to see her oldest like this. Ready to fight anyone who might get too close to them. It shouldn't be Cooper's job to fight like this or even fear for his and his siblings' lives. "I'm so sorry," she murmured and hugged him tightly. With tears in her eyes, she stroked his arms only to pull Lila close as well. 2I'm so sorry," she whispered and put on a smile for them.
"I'm sure that they are fine... Probably gonna arrive any second, now," she told him and kissed his hair again. "Do you want something to drink? While I ask dad how the twins are?" she asked him and kept on holding Cooper until he had enough.

Eventually, she excused herself hearing some commotion on the stairs, she picked up Nathan and walked to the bathroom. With a sigh, she pushed the door open, and she blinked over her husband.
"What are you doing there?" she asked him as she held Nathan close to her chest cuddling the small child. She sat down on the cold tiles and sighed a bit. "Come on, if you want to sleep come to the bedroom," she murmured and offered him her hand as she got up again. With a sigh, Laura looked at him "Come on, the kids will think you went nuts."

Lila
Something had happened. No one had told her what, but she knew that something had happened to Daddy. The way everyone acted was giving them away. But Daddy was okay, wasn’t he? He was okay, he had to be.
Cooper dragged her down the stairs and he locked them in the safety room. She waited and waited, for days and days, it seemed. The clock was ticking endlessly and she felt like they were on their own in that silence for way too long. She really wanted to hold onto Mom now, cuddle under her arm and just be safe, but Cooper said that Mom couldn’t be there because there was an emergency. He finally told her what had happened to Dad and that it was really important that they stayed inside the room. She could do that. But without toys and Mom...? Without things to do? She didn’t know if she wanted that. It would get awfully boring in there. Between fear and annoyance, she finally started crying and her brother hugged her closely. Good thing Cooper was here.

Thanks heavens, though, someone knocked on the door. It was their secret knock, but Cooper still took the knife.
“Get back into the corner”, he demanded. Lila did as told. She took Nathanael and pulled him backwards, to the corner. Cooper opened the door and when the three of them saw Mom, they just ran and crawled outside, into her arms. But Lila was still worried about Daddy. Where was he? Why was there only Mom and no Daddy? And if he was back, why didn’t he just come after Mommy?

Upstairs, Wanda and Pietro were waiting. They looked kind of exhausted and Wanda even had a small cut on her hand. Lila got a band aid immediately when she saw it. With a serious face, she held up the band aid, which had pink unicorns on it, and locked eyes with her new guest sister.
“We need to make sure that cut doesn’t infect, okay?”, she told Wanda and pulled on her hand, so she would be able to stick the band aid to the wound, “I’m okay but you need help there.”
She had seen her Mom do it a thousand times. On Cooper, Daddy and herself, so there was no doubt what to do.
“I’m just gonna put it on there and you’ll be alright. So... don’t move.”

Once the band aid was in the right place, she smiled and hugged Wanda. She was so relieved that at least those two were there.
“Did you save Daddy with your magic powers?”, she asked Wanda, “Or did you with your super speed?”, the girl demanded to know.

Clint
“It’s comfy here...”, Clint mumbled, “My head is so hot and my feet are sore.”
Suddenly everything was so strangely colorful and he lay in an ocean of... yeah what actually? Perceptions? He could see Laura’s words and hear the colors of her shirt. White- yellow- ish with a little C-minor.
“Nuts sounds good”, he smiled and pulled himself up on her hand, “I’m starving. But can I have some pasta?”
He looked at her with his eyes wide opened, pupils slightly dilated, a dull smile on his face. The world was such a great place all of sudden. The pain was nearly gone and he just floated... he floated and needed nothing else but that. He just was here and that was great.
“Your voice smells funny today “, he giggled like a little boy and hugged Laura tightly, “But tell you what, I like it.”
It was just the strangest feeling that he had ever encountered. Everything started to mix up, noises, colors, feelings, smells... He couldn’t tell which one was which.

Tony
His eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped for a moment as he heard how she used his own words against him. It had just been rambling back then, but it had become a thing between pretty quickly. He smiled.
“10 per cent?”, Tony whispered and put his arm around her, while his other arm still held onto the baby, “That’s not even close to all the work I put into them. I mean, I even bought a new car and I made a baby room for them!”
His fingers caressed the girl’s head carefully, as he leaned back on the bed, slowly feeling the tiredness and the hunger come back. There was still Peter’s blood on his shirt, but he needed some sleep... Just, sleep. Nothing else than restful bliss and no nightmares. Please.
“Guess it’s only fair... I was only involved like 5 minutes”, he mumbled, before he drifted off to sleep. His body was exhausted. He needed to sleep in order to function properly again. Especially the anxiety attack had left its tracks. He needed rest and if Tony Stark admitted that he dis, it was definitely necessary. Almost a second later, he lay next to Pepper, the baby girl cuddled up against his chest, sleeping deeply.

When he woke up three hours later, he felt oddly refreshed. The baby on his arms was starting to move, so he just did what had to be done. Pepper was still sleeping, so he opened the hospital gown and let the girl drink her mother’s milk. It was so cute watching Emma drink, but after a while, Andrew got jealous and started crying, so Tony put Emma into the small baby box they had left them and put Andrew in drinking position. He was so focused on watching the baby’s head and taking care of him, that he didn’t even notice that a nurse came in and smiled, then took a photo of him and his family. So he was even more scared when she came from behind and touched his shoulder. Tony’s reaction was a little over the top when he jumped and almost fired a repulsor at her. The nurse only nodded and lost her smile immediately. He had scared the hell out of her as well.
“Mr Stark, how are you doing?”, she asked, now pale as the wall, “Is everything okay?”
“ ‘M fine...”, Tony mumbled, “Just a little sleepy. You think it’s okay if I go and change my clothes? Can you tell her I’ll be back soon?”
The young woman reassured the Iron man that she would tell Pepper, so Tony flew home and changed into a less blood drenched shirt and trousers that didn’t look like he had fought snakes with his bare hands. He didn’t want to scare the crap out of May when he went to check on Peter. He just hoped that Pepper would sleep long enough, so she wouldn’t be angry. He just had to make sure that everything was okay.

Tony entered the room a few minutes later. He still looked like a mess and his hair was wet, but that didn’t really matter now. He asked the woman at the information if she knew where Peter was and she just pointed a finger soundlessly. He walked down the hall and saw May standing in front of a room, all lost and alone. His heart dropped and for a moment, his knees felt weak, as he approached Peter’s aunt.
Please let him be okay...
“Hello, May...”, he smiled, smoothly as ever. His facade was perfect, no cracks inside the walls. No one could see through it. Sometimes not even Tony himself.
“How is he? Will he be okay?”
The words sounded like light chatter, not like a real concern. An acquaintance asking out of politeness, not because he actually cared. It was a perfect show... Except for Tony’s shivering hands and the cold sweat that went down his spine when he waited for an answer. He shouldn’t have asked, he couldn’t bear the answer.

Bucky
He took the jacket, but still couldn’t take his eyes off the ledge. He could feel the cold creeping up his brain like ice... leaving no memories. Almost desperate, he dropped the jacket to the floor and pulled her into his arms. A weak try to hold onto her memory, just one more time.
“Well, saves us the window cleaning”, he murmured and buried his face in her hair. It was quiet for a long time, before he pulled her up onto the wall and looked down onto the streets.
“Have you ever thought about it?”, he asked her and sat down, pulling her next to him. There was no need to explain. She knew what he meant.
“It wouldn’t be so easy, probably”, he continued, “Takes a lot more than a jump...”
Rattling. A scream. “Bucky, no!!”
He stared into the distance for quite a long time, as he thought about what that memory was. Why was it always only that sequence? What did it mean? What had happened and why was this so painful. Why did he always hear someone shout his name?

“I just don’t wanna fight anymore. It’s tiring”, he sighed, “I don’t deserve this, after all that I have done, I deserve hell. I should burn there, I shouldn’t be alive.”
His glance wandered down again, watching the last few people leave the streets. In this area, it was dangerous to wander the streets at night. It was the time of shady people, where the cops shot everyone who ran. No mercy. Just like him.

Fandom - Red and Blue (Marvel RP)

Wanda
Wanda sighed a little and was about to lie down as the door suddenly burst open. Just as she was about to say something, the little girl just left again fixing whatever had gotten in her mind. She shrugged though and sighed. "Pietro?" she asked eventually and asked her brother and added, "Do you really think we're home here?" She frowns and looks at him.

Scarlett Witch blinked though as Lila came back and made eye contact with her. "Oh, it's really nothing," she murmured a little tired but gave Lila a smile. Wanda blinked as the girl took her hand. "Do you think I need to see a doctor," she asked her with a gentle smile as she allowed her to guide her own to Lila. She looked so cute with her concentrated like this to take care of her.
"Are those unicorns taking care of my wound and help heal it with their magic glitter?" she asked her with a grin.

She cuddled the girl back and looked over to Pietro with a gentle chuckle. Wanda stroked her back as they hugged and smiled a little. "I think Pietro needs one of your hugs as well," she told her gently and looked over to her twin who always acted so damn tough but is a sucker for hugs.
"I wouldn't necessarily say your dad needed our help. But we kind of saved his butt anyways," she told her not sharing what had happened. "Your dad did excellent fighting monsters," she told her honestly even though it had been Avengers business of what she could've seen. Wanda was more busy taking care of the guy and not have them burn alive by lava after all.

Laura
"Don't be ridiculous, Clint. That's the damn bathroom floor. Besides what are the kids supposed to think when they see you," she pointed out and frowned a little. She knelt next to her husband and frowned a little. Reaching out, she placed the back of her hand on the forehead. Laura frowned and sighed a bit.
"What happened to you?" she asked him worried and frowned a little. She looked at Nathan and thought about where to put him so he won't hurt himself and she can take care of him.

"What nuts?" she asked him confused and frowned a little. "I guess I can make you some pasta.." she murmurs thinking he went completely nuts now. What saved her from saying anything was when she noticed that his pupils were slightly dilated.
"What happened to you when you were gone, Clint? Did you take anything or cut yourself?" she asked him trying to make sense of why he suddenly showed signs of drug abuse. She sighed and made him sit down on the closed toilet.

"Are you hot or something?"

Pepper
Pepper huffed as he argued her about the almost twelve percent thing. "So what? I literally made two babies," she pointed out with a huff and cuddled into him happily. "I made and birthed them. I don't see you shitting two bricks out just like that," she pointed out restless and yawned big. Pepper was so happy that the two of them seemed to be more tired than two screaming bundles of joy because she was just so damned tired as well.

"Exactly, you get 12 percent of the credit," she murmured tiredly and rested her head on his shoulder. It didn't take her long to fall asleep of exhaustion. Her beautiful baby boy, Andrew, followed her suit as he lied on her warm chest. Still, something made her protectively wrapping her arm around the small baby.

Pepper startled a bit awake as she felt some sucking on her breast and after James starts crying as well. She opened her eyes with a frown and looked at the startled nurse and Tony. It was just for seconds though as Pepper noticed subconsciously that her fiancé was taking his leave. But her sleep quickly took her over again, and she cuddled James a little closer as he drank some milk.

Soon she woke up with both twins crying. Almost instantly Pepper could tell what was going on given of the smell. She tiredly got up to change Emma's and Andrew's diapers. Soon a nurse rushed in to help the sleep derived newly-mom.

May Parker
May turned to the voice. The man she had trusted to keep her nephew safe through all of this. It was one thing that her nephew chose to play Spiderman but entirely other things that the man who was supposed to keep him safe actually managed to get him in the hospital. Of course, May should know better than that. Peter had his moments of getting into troubles on his own. But he tried to prove himself too much to Tony Stark. So much that she feared for his life at the moment. It was just too much.

She turned around, and her teary gaze landed on Tony. She huffed and walked over slapping him hard. "I trusted you with his life!" she told Tony and scoffed. "But he had to play Spiderman one too many times, trying to prove himself so he could be part of the stupid Avengers! He's just a kid though... You keep putting a bee in his bonnet-" she let her frustration out on Tony and walked back to the door to look through the window of Peter's room to see what the doctors were doing. "-He shouldn't hunt bad guys in New York but go to high school, have friends...enjoy his free time!"

Natasha
Natasha rolled her eyes as he deadpanned her: "Still I'm going to make you clean them next week." Sometimes Barnes was even worse than Stark when it came to his comebacks. At least, Stark theoretically knew when to shut up.

"What's the point?" she asked him and just allowed herself to fall on her butt. She knew how to move and she just gracefully landed to sit on the ledge almost like it was nothing but a chair and she couldn't have fallen to death. "Honestly, what's the point?" she asked him again and looked up at him again "Why make it so easy for them? I won't let them win by giving up and allowing someone else to clean mashed Natalia." She shrugged and sighed a bit. The redhead had kept most of her demons to herself - even from Clint. There was no need to burden Bucky with even more than he went through.

She reached up and tugged on his hand "Come on, sit down." She looked out and sighed a little.
"Do you know why I like New York? Why I chose to live here in this bad neighborhood instead of Manhattan or many of my other places?" she asked him rhetorically. For the show, she stayed a bit quiet and then pointed out "Because this place reminds me that the world isn't perfect. There are people in this neighborhood that have it worse than we do but also some who have it better. They have nothing but still, make each day count. And those who suffer, who are brave enough to get up each and every day: they deserve our help. If for anyone...for those, we should stay alive no matter how dark our demons might turn."

Another moment of silence followed by her looking stern at him:
"Nobody is born a hero. You become a hero when you sacrifice everything that is dear to you or when you stand up after being knocked down. No one is born a hero, James. Heroes are made, and they are made strong after refusing to back down."

Pietro
They were in their room, now. The walls, the two beds, the small closet on the left side and the wooden floor beneath his feet were familiar already. He hadn’t felt this safe for a long time. When he had put Wanda down on her bed, he had felt some sort of relief. They were okay, they were alive and they were home. What more did they need than this? A small room under the roof, big windows and food on the table. It was so easy to win Pietro’s heart. All one needed to do was give him food and a warm place to sleep. So it was no wonder that Laura had already gotten a lot of respect lately. Pietro had helped her with everything in the household, especially cleaning up, because why would he watch her do all those things so painfully slowly when he could do it in a tenth of the time that she needed? The two of them had really built something like a friendship. So when Wanda asked her brother if this was home, there was only one answer. But gaining Pietro's friendship didn't mean gaining his trust. He didn't want to depend on anyone because he constantly felt like they would let him down. Like their parents had done. So though he felt it, he couldn't say it, couldn't admit it.
"What? That's nonsense... ", he mumbled and when the door flew open and Lila rushed in, he shook his head, "Loud kids everywhere..."
He watched the girl hug Wanda and she reminded Pietro of the way his sister had been back when the two of them had been her age. And it made the young man smile. He watched them for a while with a smile. He felt tugged back in time and couldn't help but open his arms when the little girl stumbled into his arms with an insecure smile. He put his arms around her and looked at Wanda, until he realized what he was doing. He let go quickly and shook his head.

"I did save a few people with my super speed", he replied to her question instead.
"Oh awesome!", the little girl exclaimed and climbed onto Wanda's bed.
"Cooper said that you saved Daddy", Lila chuckled and went to sit down next to Wanda on the bed, "But now he's gone again. Do you know where he is?"
The speedster shook his head: "No, sorry."
Probably not the best choice of words. Lila paled and looked up at him.
"He is home, I'm sure of that. Maybe he's sleeping in the bedroom", Pietro added finally. That had been close. Lila went to check and he looked at Wanda.
"Do you think this is our home?"

Clint
"Don't be ridiculous, Clint. That's the damn bathroom floor. Besides what are the kids supposed to think when they see you," Laura pointed out and sighed a little.
"Noo...", Clint argued, "I'm not ridiculous, it's just comfy in here."
The question if he was alright was a tricky one. He was feeling sort of dizzy and something in the back of his mind told him that all those perceptions had to mean something. He just couldn't put a hand on it and it felt good, right? So there could be nothing wrong, right? Still, something told him that he might not be as okay as he thought. But damn, he was still hungry.

Suddenly, Laura sat him down on the closed tiolet and crouched down in front of him, looking at him very observantly. Clint chuckled again and took her face between his hands.
"What are you doing? Didn't you want to make pasta?", he asked with heart eyes and a silly smile on his face. Why did he never tell her how beautiful she was when she was worried? He could smell he voice again and it was like roses and sugar, sweet and warm and he could bathe in that smell any time. But wasn't that weird?
Apparently, Laura thought so too because she started asking strange questions. Did he take something? Uh, No? Why would he take drugs? Why would he drug himself? He wasn’t one of those excessive people. He had kids and a wife, for God’s sake! That wasn’t what he called a good thing to do. He was trying to be responsible and all that. But right now, he just wanted pasta.
“No, I didn’t take drugs, what do you think of me? I’m not that irresponsible!”, he burst out and then sighed, as the surrounding changed color when he talked. This was pretty nice, actually. All the colors and flames dancing around his head like some comic dizziness... It looked really cool.
“I’m actually pretty good. I just.... I think my arm is hurt or something. It kinda burns.”
It was a wound on his upper arm, which had been caused by one of the huge snake’s teeth. He hadn’t thought about it, but he would have now... if he hadn’t been so high.
From outside the room, Clint could hear Lila's steps and her voice.
"Daddy! Daddy you here?"
He looked at Laura and noticed the discomfort in her face. Suddenly he was feeling guilty for what he had done, even though he hadn't done anything. He looked at Laura and then leaned his head against hers.

Tony
The slap was unexpected and it caught Tony off guard. He was pretty sure that his cheek had some bruising, so he touched it to check, but it seemed to be fine. When May burst out with her accusations, Tony tried to make sense of her babbling. Was Peter fine? Was he going to be okay? What had they said to her?
I trusted you with his life!
That was enough for Tony to lose it. He tried to listen to the rest of her words but it was just senseless. His heartbeat was louder than her words. But Peter couldn't be dead...

He shouldn't hunt bad guys.
So he was okay? If he were dead, she wouldn't have said shouldn't hunt. She wouldn't talk to him in present tense. Tony stood for a while, asking himself if it was okay to just leave, but then he would never know if Peter was okay. He would never know if everything was alright. If he left now, there was nothing he could do...
"Okay...", he finally started talking again, his hands defensively in front of his face, "I know I might have let you down because you expected me to protect him and I did my best but honsetly..." Tony took a deep breath and looked at Peter's aunt, his eyes honest and filled with concern. "I had no idea we were going to be abducted while he was on a school trip, I couldn't have predicted that. I didn't have any armor on me myself and I did my best to help him, I really did." The Stark sighed. He was nervous as hell and was dying to know if this was all just drama or if Peter was seriously hurt. She was fearing for his life. Was it serious? Would they need a specialist to fix it? Tony could pay any sort of treatment. "There's a thousand reasons why you can hate me and to be honest, I don't really mind, as long as he lives. It was my fault. I dragged him into this. I couldn't take care of him and I take full responsibility for what happened. You can ground him or tell him to stop what he's doing. But... it's more than just a hobby or a job. This is... It's saving those people because no one else can. Because it's the right thing to do."

The silence was unbearable. She looked at him and he just wanted to know if Peter was okay. But why didn't she say anything? Why didn't she tell him? Slowly, Tony was getting nervous and went to check the window himself. Peter didn't move, but he was breathing. There was no machine breathing for him and he looked more or less stable. Tony had to turn away to avoid another anxiety attack.
"What did they say? Will he make it?", he finally managed to ask May with a raspy voice. Now she probably knew that he was close to tears. This was so embarassing. But Peter was more important, now. He just needed that one stupid sentence. Was he okay?!

Bucky
"Well, then I fit here perfectly", he replied bitterly and flexed his jaw, "I have nothing, not even my memories. Steve told me so much about me it seems like a story. Like that man back then was a fairytale and I'm chasing fairydust."
James crossed his arms behind his head and stretched for a few seconds, before he continued talking.
"That's a nice thought. But I'm too broken to be a hero. I'm not even a villain. I'm just... a machine out of order, trying to find a place..."
Like a soldier returning from war, he had trouble fitting in, adapting to a life where not every decision was about life or death. And he knew that. The problem was just that he didn't have any memories of who he had been before the war. Except for Steve... And that wasn't really a memory itself.
Rattling, smoke. A hand, losing grip. "Bucky! No!"
He looked at Natasha and sighed.
"Why are you even here? You could have so much better than me."

Heroes are made, and they are made strong after refusing to back down...
Those words stayed with him as he climbed down the stairs and entered the small flat. Lina was sleeping on the couch. It had gotten late up on the roof. They had stopped talking and just spent the time sitting next to each other. Then, they had started kissing and somewhen it had heated up to the point where he would have taken her clothes off right away. But he had backed away and there they were, walking into the flat hand in hand. James smiled at the sleeping girl, because sleep meant that she was feeling safe. That was good, she was starting to trust them. With a frown, he noticed the knife under her pillow. Trust, yes. But she wasn't reckless. When she lay there like that, James just wished that he could make this whole thing easier for her. That was at least until Natasha wrapped her arms around him from behind and he breathed out. All thoughts were wiped away and he let her take the lead and shove him to the bedroom.

Wanda
With a smile, Wanda watched her brother and Lila embrace. She gave him a smile, and she could tell that he was enjoying this moment despite how Pietro just let go of the little girl. The witch smiled and pulled her a little closer as Lila climbed on her bed to sit next to her. "Well, I guess if your big brother said that it must be true," she mentioned and smiled friendly.

Her gaze snapped to Pietro as she stated it in a way that sounded that Clint was missing again. She shook her head unhappily and huffed a bit. "Yeah, perhaps he's in bed sleeping or gets just another shower... He was quite smelly the last time I saw him," she joked to cheer the little girl up. She even pinched her nose and fanned herself "Just somewhere around the house so don't you worry."

Wanda looked after Lila and frowned a bit. Her gaze snapped to the bandaid, Lila had given her. "Perhaps we are home... I mean they treat us like family," she pointed out and finally looked at Pietro "They give us food, a place to stay and love...Sounds like we're finally home again, doesn't it?" Wanda smiled at her twin and moved to sit down next to him. The brunette took her twin's hand and sighed "Besides you're with me. So, I guess that means we're home. Home is where you are."

Laura
Laura blinked surprised as Clint took her face between his hands just like Nathan sometimes did. Just that this situation was incredibly awkward instead of cute like with her toddler. "I'm checking you because you act strangely and no one said anything about pasta. I think you imagined that Clint," she explained to him patiently like he's Lila asking for a horse for the tenth time today.

"I think my husband is strange and seems high. So, I ask him if he took anything," she merely replied despite his burst out of emotions. She frowned as he seemed too unfocused to her and even as he had his moments of clarity, Laura could tell something was going on with him.

"Your arm?" she asks him, and instantly she checked his arms for any injury. At first, she looked at the wrong arm but blinked than she saw the bite and instantly started to pull his bloody shirt off. She hurried to get the first aid kit and grabbed some things. With a silent curse, she placed Nathan in the empty bathtub and called out to Lila: "Daddy's with mom in the bathroom. Just wait a moment, okay? We can talk in a minute." Laura didn't want to worry her daughter any further.

At first, she cleaned the wound expertly and started to take care of his arm and the bite. "Can you tell me what bit you, Clint? Just concentrate for a goddamn minute," she told him just above a whisper as Clint seemed to be more out of it than helpful at the moment.

May Parker
The man just stared at her like she had lost it. Didn't Tony Stark understand how fucking dangerous all of that was? She allowed Peter to get out all the time and acted like she didn't know anything because she thought he would come back him in one piece. After all, he worked with the Tony Stark to advance his suit, and god knows what. But it hadn't been enough. She had trusted him with her child after all. Peter might just be her nephew but she had raised him like her own son, and he practically was precisely that!

"This is not about an abduction or anything like that, Tony Stark-" she almost shouted at him as she turned red in anger and frustration "-The problem is that you encourage him to do such a thing! But he's none of your Avengers! He's just a kid, who's supposed to build those stupid Star Wars Lego things with his best friend. Or go out with his girlfriend. But instead, he fights monsters to impress you!"

May huffed as he told her things she already knew. Of course, it was his fault. Her nephew looked up to Tony so much that he had become some sort of superhero dad without Stark even noticing that. "I don't care what it is! He should fight those small crimes in Brooklyn, not fucking monsters!" she told him again and again. This wasn't about Peter being Spiderman but Tony allowing him to do far too much. They were talking in circles, and she just shook her head. "Just leave..." she murmured to him but more to herself as she turned her back on the billionaire again.

Instead, May looked through the small window even when Tony ended up standing next to her. At first, she intended to ignore whatever the billionaire had to say. He could shove his apologies right up his ass again. That was until she heard the tremble in his voice and she frowned a little. Her gaze went back to Tony, and she wondered for the first time if she was wrong about him not caring about Peter.

"They say he will make it - the chance is 80 %. He lost a lot of blood, and he has a terrible concussion, but he got lucky. It could've been his spine given the bruising," she just stated, and her gaze snapped back to her nephew. Her gaze was filled with worry, and she ran a hand through her hair. Most likely the mutated DNA of that radioactive spider had saved Peter's life.

"Needs a lot of blood transfusion and some time to relax. So no school or...Stark Industries internship for him anytime soon."

Natasha
Oh, how this man was melodramatic sometimes. She just bumped her feet against the concrete of the building and hummed to herself. "You always have to twist my words, don't you?" she asked him and looked at Bucky for a moment. Natasha leaned against him gently. "I think you fit here because you're with me," she murmurs honestly. She leaned forward and looked down the wall of the tall building to the ground.
"Why shouldn't I be here? You saved my life once, and I'm intending to stop you from doing stupid things. Just like with Clint. I owe you two, so I'm here," she stated like it was as simple as that. She huffed and turned to him. "Now listen to me, James Buchanan Barnes. I don't intend on going out with anyone but you. I might be able to snatch myself a more handsome guy and one that hasn't killed anyone. But do I really want to? I don't need to feel bad around you for having killed countless people myself-" she huffs and places her hand on his cheek, so she gently forces him to look at her "-To me, you've always been kind, and you saved me from being killed when I was just a child. I think that counts something. Besides, you taught me almost everything I know, and that's quite cool. And don't all girls have a thing for their teacher once in their life?"

She enjoyed the silence more than this useless talk. She knew Bucky would need to figure those things out himself. So all she had to do was reassure him over and over again no matter how tired Natasha grew of it. She sighed and grinned into their kiss as James finally seemed to come to term with things. The redhead more than happily made out with him right there on the roofs of New York City. It wasn't even that she would've minded doing it right there. But something seemed to keep James's modesty intact.

The spy placed a blanket on top of Lina and didn't seem as bothered by the knife as James was. She still slept with a gun under her pillow from time to time. You never knew what you would need it for. It seemed the smallest price to pay instead of being killed or surprised in the middle of the night. Clint had learned it the hard way during their times at SHIELD. Eventually, she moved to him though and wrapped her arms around his midriff. Natasha could easily carry him to the bedroom like this, but instead, the redhead went on her tiptoes and kissed his neck. She gave him a small hickey as she led the way to the bedroom and shoved him on the bed.

"Now, is our time..." she murmured and kicked the door closed as silently as possible before straddling him and pulling off his shirt with a grin.

Clint
"No, not this one”, Clint chuckled and pulled the healthy arm away, “Those are just scratches, they don’t hurt... I’m talking about this one.”
He waited until Laura had found the right place. It hurt when she touched the wound. Clint finched and looked at his wife accusingly. But she was trying to help, so he kept it together. Waiting for the pain to pass, he just held onto her hand. He Looked up at the ceiling, watching the colors fade to grey. The archer closed his eyes and leaned back onto the wall.
“It was... a snake... looked like a cobra. But it was huge...”, Clint tried to explain, while Laura put a bandage onto his arm, “Natasha tried to shoot it, but it didn’t work...”
It all seemed a little off... Maybe it had all been a dream. The way Laura acted this was more serious than he had thought. Was he imagining things? What was going on with him anyways? Suddenly, Clint felt really anxious.
“Did they poison me? Am I gonna die?!”, he gasped and was almost sure that the room was starting to turn upside down all of sudden. He held onto his wife like a child and then started apologizing.
“I didn’t mean to be abducted, Laura”, he mumbled, “We were sucked into some sort of portal and it dropped us in a fake rain forest... We were all there and Tony built weapons...”
It sounded like a good story, but nothing like something that had really happened. He shook his head and tried to focus on one thing. And that was the story that he wanted to tell. While he was focusing, his eyes followed the rainbow, which was floating right over his head.

“Look, I can see the stars from down here...” He shook his head. “No, I think I’m imagining things... I don’t wanna die...”
He was talking really quietly now. Somehow, his drug dazed brain realized that he would scare the children if he didn’t. Clint sighed and buried his face in his hands, “I messed up”, he whispered, as his brain confused sadness with the smell of fire and smoke, “I should’ve been more careful. I left you alone and now I’m not gonna make it though the day. I’m so stupid.”
It was cold around him, all of sudden and Clint shivered. His healthy brain would have known what to do, but right now he just wanted to hear Laura that he was a good person. That he wasn’t a bad dad or a bad husband, because that was what he needed to hear right now. It was everything that mattered to him, that in the moment when he had to go, he could say that his family was safe and that he hadn’t failed them.

Tony
“I did not encourage him!”, Tony hissed at her and almost shouted it out loud. This was painful. She was wrong, so wrong and the worst thing was that she didn’t even know. She didn’t know how reckless that boy was, how much Tony had to do to keep him from actually killing himself on some suicide mission. He had thought that after the fiasco with the bird man everything had been okay, back to normal. Peter had made his decision after all and it had been a very good and mature one. Now he was in the middle of all that Avengers business and he wasn’t even a part of it. Why had he been on that school trip, after all? Why hadn’t he stayed at home or at his school like normal teens did?
“I did not encourage him to do any of this”, he repeated himself, now more calmly than before. But standing at that window, knowing that Peter would be okay- well, at least halfway- was still a huge burden he had to carry.
“In fact, I tried to make him stay in that bus! I told him to stay out of this, stay out of that, I tried sending him home”, Tony continued, “And you know what he does? He turns right around, tries to fight the bad guys and gets hurt. Because I’m simply not fast enough to keep up with his stupid reckless ideas and...”

Was he still talking about Peter? It seemed like somewhere on the way he had switched to talking about himself, mirroring his father’s moves and mimics. He stopped mid sentence and shook his head, then offered May a hand.
“Okay, I’m sorry. I guess I might be a bad influence”, he admitted and his eyes wandered downwards, “But you can’t keep him from going his own way. He’ll always be out there and all I...” The Iron Man paused and looked at May, “All that we can do is teach him so he doesn’t get hurt... and tell him that he’s safe. That he can tell us anything.”
Tony had to swallow his tears, as he turned away to look through the window again.
“He’ll wanna be a superhero anyways. It’s my job to make him a good one. And your job is to be supportive. To show him that he’s doing the right thing... and that it’s not the end of the world if he messes up once...”
It was too late. Tears started to drop and Tony just turned and walked away. He knew how much Peter needed a father figure. And he wanted to be that man so badly. And if it was just to prove that he was better than Howard. That he could be a better father.
Father... Pepper!
After rinsing his face on the toilet, he rushed into Pepper’s room, where he caught his fiancée with two diapers in her hands. He put a fake smile on his face and greeted her with a wink.
“First birthday presents?”

Bucky
Hot kisses filled his mind and all he could think about was her. He let go for a few moments and enjoyed it. This was their time and it was just like back then. After a few passionate moments, they lay next to each other and she cuddled up against him, he sighed and smiled. For a moment he felt good about himself. He kissed her cheek and sighed. It was quiet for some time and James closed his eyes, let his thoughts wander. They were peaceful, now. He heard Lina sleep peacefully outside and smiled, as he wrapped his arms around Natasha.
“I want a child...”, he whispered, holding her tightly against his chest, “I want something that stays… something we can do right.”
With insecurity in his eyes, he smiled and waited for her answer. It had taken a lot of courage to ask her, but now it was out. He had seen how she had been treating Lina lately and it seemed like she really cared.

She was quiet for an awful amount of time. What now? Had he said something wrong? He didn’t see her face, so she could as well be crying. But why would she? What didn’t he know?
“Talja…?”, he whispered and turned her towards him, “What’s wrong?”

Andy He had waited for a few hours, then he had gone home. He had been really angry at first, because he had thought that Steve had just left. But when a day had passed and he still hadn’t called, Andy started to worry. Maybe Steve had changed his mind. Maybe he wasn't good enough, too much of a slut, too straight forward, or Steve wasn't ready for a lover yet. But there was another possibility. What if something had happened to him? There was that stupid missing school bus all over the news. Maybe the superhero had gone to find those kids. He would have done the same, to be honest. Stupid heroes, always saving people. The problem was just that he could understand it. He couldn't be mad, because he knew that he would act the same way if he were in his place.

"That guy is destroying my fuckin life", he ranted, his head placed on the lap of one of his friends. He was lying on the couch of his flat, three of his best friends around him. It was early in the evening and he was already tipsy. They had a Iong night in front of them and he was dressed up for the gig already, though he didn't really feel up for this that night. He was wearing makeup, a black suit and a top hat was placed on his tummy. Veronica, the bassist of their band, buried her hand in Andy's hair.
"Aw, poor baby", she chuckled and sighed, "You're gonna be okay."
The paramedic sighed at the sensation of Nica's long artificial fingernails on his skin, but shook his head.
"He's a good guy, you know?", Andy mumbled and flipped his top hat, then put it back onto his tummy, "I can't mess this up, he's just perfect."

He had said this about a thousand times before, but this time was for real. With a dramatic sigh, the young man sat up, when suddenly his phone started ringing.
"It's him!", Andy gasped with an agitated grin and his voice was squeaky all of sudden. He took a deep breath and tried to calm down.
"Hi…", was everything he could say without sounding too excited and tipsy.

Laura
"Don't be ridiculous," she huffed and looked at Clint. "I'm sure if the snake were poisonous that way, you probably would be dead again and not show signs of a high." She looked at him dismissive and huffed a bit "Besides, be quiet! The kids. They don't need to know that you're high like a kite."

Laura blinked as she was suddenly hugged tightly. She wrapped her arms around him and stroked his back with a sigh. "It's okay," his wife murmured and kissed his hair gently as she held him again her body. She stroked his hair gently and wasn't able to tell whether her husband actually spoke the truth or not. Not that it actually mattered much. The most important thing was to get Clint back to health and then see from there at the moment. "Just don't be too loud. We don't want to scare the kids any further, do we?" she asks him quietly and runs her hand lovingly through his hair.

With a sigh, she placed a finger under his chin and made him look up at her. "You won't die. Yes, you got bit, but you'll get past it, darling," Laura murmured and kissed him reassuringly. "You're the best husband I could wish for and a good dad, Clint. You're just high," She murmured and stroked his hair. She tried to discreetly as possible take his pulse. It was slightly faster than his relaxed one, but she was sure it was simply due to him freaking out at the moment. She kissed his cheek and then lips "You'll live. I promise you," she whispered.

May Parker
May just shook her head as Tony told her that he had told Peter to go home or stay in that bus. She sighed and looked helpless around. Of course, her nephew wouldn't stay inside. What did the billionaire think? Telling him would be enough. He shouldn't have taken her Peter to Leipzig to fight in his ridiculous schoolyard fight, to begin with. "Don't project your own personality in this boy," she hissed at him and looked angry at Tony. "Peter is a good boy and will always try to fight!"

She turned away from Tony looking back at the small window. May just felt so helpless and let her frustration out at the billionaire next to him. The man who Peter had chosen to look up to. If Ben was still alive, he knew what to do. But all family left was inside this room fighting for his life. He was so goddamn young. From the corner of her eyes, she noticed Tony sticking his hand out. She sighed and looked at him as it took her a moment to take his hand.
May stared at Tony a moment longer and sighed "It's not your fault what happened to Peter. The boy is, but I just thought..." She cut herself off. May had just thought the Iron Man would keep him safe. So, things like this wouldn't happen. The billionaire left, and she sat down on one of those uncomfortable plastic chairs. She felt so helpless - she didn't even know how to cover those hospital bills.

Pepper
Pepper looked up as she heard the question. Of course, only her fiancée would come up with such a statement. "Well, they're just taking after their dad. Always going on my nerves and vanishing," she told him and took in his state. She could tell his smile was fake and for a moment she wondered why he even bothered to come back if he didn't want to be here.

But this probably just was the soreness and sleep derive speaking out of her. So, she closed her and counted internally to ten before taking in Tony's state. "What happened to you? I thought you would go shower?" she asked him. Of course, she would notice that it seemed like he had just cried and gone through hell and back. Pepper went back to the twins and tried to put on the diapers correctly. It felt like she was far too slow and incapable of taking care fo her own children.
The ginger sniffled a bit and tried to at least somewhat correctly put the diapers on. It took her a moment, but at least they wouldn't end up peeing or worse pooping on her.

Carefully she took both newborns up and relaxed a bit as she felt them in her arms. She looked down at them with so much love. In his moment, she realized that she would do anything for them no matter what it would take her. "They are so tiny," she said tearing up "Just look at their tiny fingernails..."

Natasha
Natasha leaned into Bucky's arms and sighed a bit. She kissed him gently and smiled gently. That was until he mentioned a child - not any child but theirs. She tensed up and closed her eyes. Thankfully she lied with her back to him and she was able to control her emotions most of the time. But this one struck home. It was something she would've never talked to him on her own.
"We have a child on the couch," she finally told him after she trusted her voice to function normally again and sat up. Almost too quickly, she was able to move out of his grip to get up. Natasha didn't even care that she was naked as she opened the window to let in some cold fresh air. She needed to breathe correctly, and it felt like there was almost no oxygen in this room. She stared down at the busy but dark streets of New York.

"We had a child - my precious boy," she whispered really quietly and frowned a bit. "He would be almost as old as Lina nowadays. But...I didn't want the child to get in their hands-" she whispered and frowned a bit "-so I...I had an old woman take care the only way I knew. They found out I think...it's why-why they put you back on the ice. The woman who helped me-She sold us out to the Red Room." Natasha gripped the window frame so tightly that her knuckles went white. She wanted to scream, but no sound came out.

Steve
He felt nervous as he finally arrived at the bar. Somehow Steve even felt like he was intruding on Andy's personal life by showing up. The other man might've mentioned this gig, but he hadn't been invited perse. Taking a deep breath, he walked inside. Looking around, he walked over to the bar. Steve looked so out of place here. He even had dressed up for the occasion, and his hair was combed out of the way.

Taking a seat at a table with a bottle of beer, he sighed a little. Steve looked at his hands feeling nervous. He looked through the room wondering if he could spot Andy somewhere. He just wanted to apologize for vanishing so quickly. It hadn't meant to happen like this. Steve really had wanted to have that nice candlelight dinner with him. But he had a black eye to prove that he had monsters to fight once again.

Eventually, he managed to fish his phone out and call Andy. Perhaps he should warn him one way or another. Steve still didn't really understand text message and made a mental note to ask either Nat or Tony how these worked.
He gulped a bit as Andy took the call and he stayed quiet for a moment. After all, Steve didn't want to stumble over his words. "Hello, Andie," he greeted him back and cleared his throat "I'm sorry that I wasn't there earlier... I mean I wanted to be. But some strange things happened, and I was abducted and suddenly found myself fighting against monsters from folklore," he sighed knowing that it sounded ridiculous. Most people probably thought it was nothing but an odd excuse.

"Listen, I know how it sounds...but it's the truth," he insists after a moment of silence.

Clint
“You think?”, the archer asked and buried his face in Laura’s shirt. He took in her smell, which was way more intense than usually. And somehow it calmed him. Her voice, combined with the smell and those other things he was feeling and mixing up, really did wonders to his nerves. He smiled and felt happy again.
“Yeah, we don’t wanna scare this kids...”, he agreed.

Five minutes later, Clint was feeling a lot better. He was still almost sure that the whole house was sprayed with color and he could still see Laura’s voice and feel what he saw but it was getting less and less. Laura had managed to make him lie down on the bed, but he didn’t want to stay there. He needed that goddamn shower he had wanted to take before he had been zapped out of his dimension. But this time, he wouldn’t let go of his hearing aids. No way. He stepped under the water and enjoyed the feeling of it for a while. It felt like warm glitter and confetti was raining down on him. He closed his eyes and leaned against the cold wall, enjoying the contrast for a while. After that rinse, he was feeling fresh again and dared to walk outside the door and downstairs, to talk to his kids. Downstairs, everything was empty, though. So Clint lay down on the couch and suddenly fell asleep.

Tony
“Ouch”, he commented on Pepper’s words and then went to help her change the diapers of their babies, “I don’t think the babies can vanish, Pep...”, Tony added after some time, wrapping his arms around Pepper and his children, “And I’m sorry for just leaving, you were asleep and Peter is hurt so I thought....”
The billionaire shrugged, that fake smile still on his face.
“I guess I thought you wouldn’t mind if I went to check on him....”
He stood for a while, just watching his babies move and open their eyes and it was amazing. Who would have thought that such tiny humans could be so fascinating and so lovable? And who would have thought that Tony Stark would have kids someday? It surely would be a big deal for the media once they found out. He was actually quite surprised that no one had told them yet. Normally, everyone would want to get pictures of them and their new born babies. And anyways, where was Happy? Wasn’t he supposed to protect them form possible threats?
“Where’s Happy?”, he asked Pepper. This wasn’t a normal thing for their bodyguard after all. Usually, he was always there, looking after Pepper so Tony could calm down and be Iron Man without constantly having to fear for hie fiancée’s life.

Just on cue, the bodyguard came through the door, looking exasperated and a little desperate.
“I can’t keep them off any longer. Someone has to go talk to them”, he gasped and his red face turned even more red when he saw the twins.
“Oh my god they look exactly like the two of you”, Happy squeaked and looked at Pepper, “Congratulations. And to you too, Tony. Good work.”
Good work... Tony chuckled and looked at Pepper.
"She gave me 10 per cent of the credit. I'm not even allowed to say they're half mine", the Stark joked, which made Happy laugh. It was quiet for some time, but then they heard a knock in the door. Happy paled.
"Oh no", he mumbled and went to open the door, "I lead them here"
Tony sighed and straightened up.
"I'll tell them we'll show them to the public when we're ready", he mumbled and put on his sunglasses.
Showtime, he told himself when he walked through that door and was flooded by questions and flashing lights.

Bucky
"I want our own", he whispered and kissed her neck, but he noticed that she was withdrawing. So he just let her go and sat up, watching her get up to open the window.
"I want a girl or a boy, a baby... Lina is amazing, but she's not our blood..."
He smiled, but when he saw how pale she was all of sudden, he stopped talking. Just when he wanted to ask her what had happened, she started to talk again. But her voice was small, not like her.

"We...?", he asked and stumbled out of bed, so he could stand next to her and put his arm around her, "I don't..."
Remember...
He didn't get it off his lips. He just stood, trying to remember what had happened. He didn't remember. It was too deep down. When had they had a child? What had happened to his son? What had they done to him?
"Natalia...", he whispered and pulled her into a hug. He pressed her against his chest, as tears started rising in his eyes. He felt like this was worse than anything he had done. He had never killed a child... But he had had a son...
James had to hold onto her so he wouldn't fall apart. There was nothing more that he could say, so he just held onto her and cried soundlessly. The tears dropped onto her head, he held her close. They stood like that for mintues. No one said anything. What was there to be said? They had lost a child and he couldn't even remember it. This was worse than anything.

Andy
And he had thought that he was drunk. Steve sounded like he had had a lot more than just alcohol. Either that or he was just really bad at making up excuses. Anyways, he couldn't be telling the truth, right? But why would his precious superhero lie to him? This was too much to take in right now, so he just decided to let it slide, that one time. He had forgiven Steve already.
"Wait, you what?", he asked and shook his head. Fight monsters? "Are you hurt? Did everything go well? I mean, where are you, I need to check on you."
Nica started to laugh next to him. Damn, he knew that he was all over the place! Blushing, Andy sat up and shook his head. He was all giddy and really couldn't stop thinking about meeting Steve again. Damn.
Never would have thought that I
would be caught in the way you got me.

"Guys, you're on!"
Crap, not now. He wanted to talk to Steve. At least hundreds of years for now. Damn, he was tipsy. And mostly he had a damn huge crush on that stupid guy.
"Shit, I gotta go sing and...", Andy mumbled, putting on his top hat and putting it on with a cool move, "I'll call you later. It's kinda bad right now. Bye."
Before Steve could say anything, Andy put his phone back into his pocket and walked up onto the stage. He heard the people applaud and was in his show mode immediately. He loved to dress up on stage and pretend that he was the mad hatter. He even wore make up today.

235px-MonaLisaVideo.jpg
With a grin, he looked around and they started to play. Their first song was always a cover, so the people would be hyped for the rest of the concert. Today, it was a song by Panic At The Disco and it was one of his favorite ones.

"Oh, well imagine
As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor
And I can't help but to hear

No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words"
He looked around the audience with a well practiced wicked smile.
"What a beautiful wedding
What a beautiful wedding, says a bridesmaid to a waiter
And, yes, but what a shame
What a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore"

As his eyes wandered further, he noticed someone in the back. The man seemed out of place and so he observed a little closer. And damn! DAMN! IT WAS STEVE!
A strange noise escaped his mouth and he threw the microphone into the air, before starting the refrain with a huge smile on his face.
"I chime in with a
Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality
I chime in
Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of..."

He was here! He was actually here! This was the best day of hid goddamn life.

Laura
Laura tried to keep the kids off of Clint's back. So her husband would be able to relax a bit before facing the turmoil of their daily life again. The kids were happy to see dad back in one piece, but they understood the importance of leaving Clint alone for the moment.

She heard the shower going, and she knew it was her husband. Laura even left the twins alone wondering what had happened. But instead, Laura went on with her day like nothing had ever happened. "Cooper?" she called for her older son "Can you get some tomatoes from the garden? I thought we could make some self-made pizza for us, tonight." She smiled at him hoping that no one would complain about this idea. After all, Clint loved pizza, and she didn't know anyone in her family even extended one with Pietro and Wanda. She called for her little girl to help her put the dough together. Lila loved to knead the dough after all. Laura warmed the oven up a bit and kissed Lila's and placed the mixture in the oven so it could rest properly.

She heard a commotion int he living room. She smiled as she saw Clint knocked out on the couch. She went and pulled off his shoes and gently places a blanket on top of him and put a pillow under his head. Softly Laura leaned down and kissed his cheek but moved back to the kitchen to go and finish their pizza with the kids. For once, she even left the twins alone and just occupied the kids as she cut the tomatoes to make self-made tomato sauce.

Pepper
"Well, let's hope those babies won't vanish because it will certainly give me a heart attack. You keep vanishing far too often on your own already. I don't need those two do the same," she whispered and stared at her children with all the love in the world.
Pepper blinked and turned to Tony as he mentioned that the teenager was hurt. "How is he doing?" she asked him worried and leaned into Tony. She stroked his cheek knowing far too well that he had a fake smile on. But she didn't bother to correct him. She knew it would make things just more awkward to him. She leaned over and pecked his cheek.

"He tries to keep the press out of the hospital," she murmurs. Apparently both Happy and she had been talking before about what he would need to do today. But still, she was really psyched about her best friend to meet her children. Also, she wanted her sister and parents to meet both Emma and Andrew.

"Come here..." she murmured and pulled Tony into the kiss she wanted to have since he vanished into freaking nowhere. Pepper smiled and let them go outside. She looked very pale and exhausted. But still, Pepper was so concentrated on her children. Slowly, she leaned into Happy and sighed happily. "They are so beautiful, aren't they?" she asked him and teared up a bit. Pepper was still very emotional about all of this. "Do you want to hold one of them?" she whispers and hands Emma gently to Happy while she kept on holding her son.

Natasha
At one point, Natasha wasn't even listening to Bucky anymore. She sighed as she stared out and tried to hold onto something. He rambled something about why he suddenly wanted children. This came out of nowhere for her. Besides her dark anniversary was coming up again and she closed her eyes almost pulling entirely away from James. So, it would be easier for her to stay away from everything. In a way, she was already pulling herself away from Bucky again.

Suddenly she jumped as she felt his arm wrap around her. Natasha hated going down the memory lane because it made her far too alarmed. She almost attacked him. Still, it brought her back to reality, and for once she cuddled up to him almost like she allowed him to anchor her for once.

Natasha shook her head and hugged him tight eventually. "You never knew..." she whispered. No one had ever known. At least she thought she had been sneaking that from anyone. Natasha had needed to wait until she was sent away on a mission before she could have taken care of it. She was 3 months pregnant and tried to put it off as gaining weight despite their small food rations.
What made her stay in the hug was only because she could feel that he needed it. Natasha never had a good relationship with any child and also killed them without blinking an eye. So, in theory, it shouldn't have been a big deal for her but the anniversary of the abortion was coming up, and she felt it eating her up again. But it had been better that way. Who knew what they would do to her beautiful baby if the Red Room ever got its hand on him.

"It was for the better... I didn't want them to...to treat him like they treated me," she whispered and pulled away to get dressed. She felt so goddamn naked. It wasn't even the physical nakedness but baring her soul.

Steve
Steve looked so goddamn out of place today. He had gotten himself a bottle of beer but wore a suit. That was what people had worn to a bar in his days. Either their military uniform or a suit. So, he sat there waiting for something to happen while he got odd stares. People undoubtedly wondered what someone so tidied up was doing here. It looked even more ridiculous because of his blue eye. "I'm good... Nothing major," he told him. He had a few cracked ribs, but most things were already healing thanks to the super soldier serum.
"Don't worry I understand. I stood you up for lunch I can wait a bit longer," Steve said before Andy was able to hang up on him. He sighed and looked at his phone feeling a bit uncomfortable because he had no idea what was going on.

He listened quietly to the music even though he had no idea what was going on. But he could tell that the audience was loving it, so he just sat there watching his boyfriend sing with a smile. But Steve could instantly tell when Andrew noticed him, and he blushed. Gosh, Steve was glad over the darkness os no one could see the redness in his face. Instead, he blushed and waved shy at Andy enjoying his singing.

Cooper
Slowly, Cooper walked down the stairs, his heart still beating and his mind still numb. His Dad was sleeping on the couch, and Mom pulled a blanket over him and kissed him. Gross. But afterwards, she went to the kitchen and Cooper knew immediately that it meant food. He was almost a teenage boy and he was growing, so it was only natural that he was always hungry. At his mother’s call, Cooper sighed and nodded.
“Okay”, he called and sprinted outside, the adrenaline in his body making his muscles stronger than usually. He picked the tomatoes, then he ran back inside. Meanwhile, Lila had come downstairs, too and she was taking all of his Mom’s attention, so he grumbled something about annoying little sisters and how they just couldn’t share anything, not even mothers and went outside, to practice a little archery with his father’s bow. No one knew he was doing this, but he had been for a while and his Mom thought he was just playing something boring. But je wanted to be able to defend himself and his siblings when things got serious. So Cooper practiced shooting and aiming every time he could and he had gotten pretty good at it already.

When his Mom called him for dinner, he came running inside, all sweaty and hungry like a bear. He had hidden his Dad’s bow somewhere in the haystacks, so no one would find out that he had taken it. He would bring it back later, when he actually had the time to do so. Cooper sat down on his chair and looked at Pietro and Wanda, who were there already. Lila was getting the plates, so Cooper got up and helped her with the glasses and the knife. When the table was set, they all sat down and even Dad went to eat with them. The boy saw how hungry his father was, how Clint shoveled the food inside his mouth and swallowed hard. And he wondered if one and a half day without food could kill someone. It certainly hadn’t killed his Dad, but maybe it could kill someone else. That was the thought that stayed with Cooper for the whole meal, while he was trying not to make too much of a mess, because tomato sauce was damn tricky, especially when the cheese on the pizza didn’t fully cover it.

Finally, he couldn’t stand it anymore and just asked the question: “Mom, how long does it take for someone to starve?”
A puece of pizza hovering in front of his mouth, that question seemed almost ridiculous. But he had to know. For research purposes.

Tony
“Well, you got it right. There’s a baby inside that room”, Tony grinned at the reporters. More questions, none of them really important. All of them so senseless when all he wanted to do was go back and check on Peter, or sit in there with Pepper. Or maybe just have his babies with him, while he was looking after Peter.
“How does it feel to be a father?”
“Oh, who said that I was the father?”, Tony grinned into the camera with his usual fake smile and enthusiasm.
“So you’re not the father of Miss Potts’ baby?”
“Did I say that? I think you’re hearing things”, he answered loudly, “Look, what’s important is that everyone is healthy and that we survived the magic school bus trip, okay? Iron Man saved the world once again. And now, please, go, let those kids tell their stories and tell them they’re heroes. Each one of them. Because they saved our lives in that jungle.”
He didn’t want to say one more word. Everything that had to be said was said and he needed to be with Pepper now. He wasn’t like Howard. He wouldn’t leave her alone with the kid.

Bucky
The message had been a lot to take in. After moments of silence, he had just walked away and sat down on the couch in the living room. Somewhen, he had heard Natasha lay down and silence followed. He couldn’t sleep. It was senseless, so he turned on the tv and just stared at the screen for what felt like hours. It was a strange movie, about killing the president of the United States.

He was only halfway paying attention to the plot, because his brain was still occupied with his unborn child. What had happened? Why hadn’t she told him anything? And why had she killed the boy? All things he could understand, but was fighting so hard, it didn’t make any sense. At all. He would have a ten year old son if he just.... if he had just made it out. If he had fought earlier, if he hadn’t been a good and compliant soldier.
Soldier?
Ready to comply.

He hated himself at that moment. Why hadn’t he done anything to help Natasha, his precious Natalia? Why hadn’t he fought earlier?
Longing, rusted, furnace, daybreak.
Seventeen, benign, nine.
Homecoming, one, freight car.

His thoughts went quiet and he was dragged into darkness. Why hadn’t he fought back? Why didn’t he now?

Andy
The audience was great, Andy had a ball and it was the best evening in ages. They played the whole evening and even played two extra songs, because those amazing people just didn’t want them to stop playing. With growing impatience, he continued eye- flirting with Steve. The last song came on, finally and Andy looked at Steve directly when he announced it.
“Last song for today. This is for my special man”, he smiled and then started singing. It was a song about falling for someone and all the emotions that came with it.

After the gig, Andy stumbled off the stage and the crowd parted, to let him hug Steve. A hug and a kiss on the cheek. Andy was drunk by now. He had had a few beers while on stage and now he just wanted to dance and have fun and well, actually he also wanted Steve on him. But that wouldn’t happen, not today. Maybe some other time.
“Sorry for cutting you off like that...”, he soothed and placed his heavy head on Steve’s shoulder, “I forgive you, really. Jus’ don’t do it again. And dance with me.”
He pecked the super soldier’s cheek and pressed his body against him.
“Don’t say you can’t. I saw you do perfectly fine.”

Last edited:
Laura
She looked after her son and sighed a little. He grew some damn fast, and she wished he would stay little just a bit longer. Her baby wouldn't need her any longer. Laura looked up as Cooper came inside and she gave her son a smile. "Thank you," she smiled at him and pulled him close for a kiss in his hair before he would leave again to do whatever outside their house. Laura was just happy he still played outside instead of hanging in front of the TV or computer all the time when other boys his age. He went through so much, and she just wanted for her children to feel safe and like they could be themselves.

"What have you done outside, sweety?" she asked Cooper as he looked like he had done some sort of sports outside. Laura smiled gently at him and ate her piece of pizza. At least the kids seemed to enjoy their food.

The whole room was quiet except for people eating. They all seemed to be tired of what happened all day. She blinked though as her son spoke up all of a sudden. "Well, a human being can survive longer without food than water. But around three weeks. Why are you asking?" she asks him and looks at Clint shortly.

Pepper
She gushed about her children in front of Happy. Pepper was so in love with each and every single thing they did. They just had to blink at her, and her bodyguard would hear about it. She just found them so fascinating and showered them with her love. Kissing both of their foreheads, she could've sworn that they smiled at her.

Pepper slowly moved back to the bed and sat down. "Do you wanna hold one?" she asked Happy happily and smiled at him. Pepper clearly was on cloud 9, and the redhead moved over gently placing Andrew in his arms. "Andrew, please meet your uncle Happy," she introduced the two and smiled as the child just made a small sound and flailed uncoordinated with his arms and legs for a moment. "They are so little," Pep whispered in awe and placed her free finger into Emma's little hand. "Just so tiny..." she murmured to herself or to Happy, she didn't know, and it didn't really matter to her as long as they were around her.

Natasha
For now, Natasha didn't care what Bucky was up to. There had been a reason she kept that to herself, and that was one of them. After all, it was past, and it was her package to burden. What did he think would happen if she actually had gotten the child? They would kill her and raise the boy to become the next Winter Soldier. What better candidate for the job than their child? He was delusional when he thought they could've played house just like that. Be a happy family. Their life hadn't worked like that, and he should know that after all.

With a huff, she ignored the sounds of the TV. She just hoped he wouldn't be so stupid and wake Lina up. Natasha moved to her bedside table and pulled out a small black ribbon. It was the only thing that she had kept from that night. The spy tied it around her finger and curled up in bed. All she did was shut the outer world out. Right now, Bucky could go to hell, and she wouldn't care. This pain...it was only bearable sometimes, so she pushed it away like most things that happened during her time in the Red Room. It had made her stronger than she would've been otherwise and that was all that counted in the end.

Steve
Steve listened to the music happily. It wasn't his cup of tea. He still preferred the swing and jazz back from his time. But this was Andy's music, so he listened to it patiently and smiled hearing to it. With a hum, he rose his beer as Andy looked his way and sipped from it. He blushed a bit as the last song was dedicated to him or at least he thought it was.

He was the first one on his feet giving him a standing ovation as he applauded. Steve grinned wide and smiled happily. He chuckled a bit as Andy stumbled off stage. His boyfriend stumbled off stage and Steve walked forward to help him. "Well, I kind of had it coming after vanishing and leaving you hanging," he answers him honestly.
Shaking his head slowly, Steve looked guilty. "Unfortunately, I can't promise you that. Especially, since I'm still a searched terrorist," he whispers apologetically. Steve seemed to look so guilty but blinked over the question. "I can't dance like most people do nowadays," he admits. Bucky had taught him dance swing "I don't know how to do this ridiculous working or however the bottom shaking is head a little.

Pietro
Never in his life had he eaten a pizza that was quite as good as this one. He hadn’t even known that pizza could be so tasty, but well, apparently there was a first time for everything. He watched the old man eat and wondered what he had done that had made him so hungry. After one and a half day without food, Pietro was nearly starved, but that was just because his organs were so fast digesting the food he had eaten. Clint, as a normal human being, shouldn’t be so sensitive, it had just been a few hours. For a while, the speedster watched the old man eat his pizza like there was no tomorrow, then he focused on Cooper. He saw the worried looks on his face before anyone else did and he listened to his words carefully.
“I take about eight days tops”, he added and looked at Wanda, “Remember that one time when I was too weak to st-“
Wanda interrupted him. She didn’t want him to say steal, apparently. But that had been a dark time. Two kids on the streets, without food or a place to sleep. Pietro had almost died that night.
Cooper nodded and looked at his Mom with a shrug: “For science, I guess.”
Pietro huffed. Yeah sure, for science. And he also stole his father’s bow for science. Yes, Pietro knew about Cooper’s secret and he always stood nearby, just in case something went wrong and the bow or the arrows had to disappear really fast. That’s what he was there for.
The evening had gone nicely, however, and soon enough they had gone to bed. The whole house was quiet, but Pietro couldn’t sleep. So he wandered around the house, cleaning up a bit and even sweeping the floors. He was bored and not tired at all, so he could as well do something useful. With a smile, the young man went to check on Lila in her room, as he suddenly heard a strange noise, as if someone had fallen out of bed. He sprinted into the room where the noise had come from, Clint’s and Laura’s bedroom. For a moment, Pietro was confused. Clint was standing in front of the window, breathing heavily, while mumbling to himself: “No snakes in the garden, no Wendigos around the house... You’re just paranoid, Clint, just paranoid....”
The floor creaked under Pietro’s feet when he took a step back. Clint jumped and opened the closet, where he kept his bow... but it was empty, the lock picked. Now Clint was really starting to panic and Pietro just made sure he disappeared as fast as he could. He hadn’t seen anything, he had been asleep. Hiding under his blanket and closing his eyes seemed to be the best solution for now.

Tony
He woke up on the hospital bed, his arms wrapped around Pepper. The babies were sleeping next to them, in some hospital cribs that looked like boxes with wheels. They looked so peaceful, now. The night itself hadn’t been so peaceful, though. One of them had always been hungry and Pepper had always had to breastfeed one of them. Tony had just stopped waking up somewhen and had gotten the sleep he had craved for, while Pepper seemed like she needed a few more hours, or days. With a smile, Tony watched them sleep for a while, before he got up and sneaked outside. But instead of going anywhere, he just walked inside Peter’s room and sat down on one of the chairs in the corner. The kid looked way better than he had the day before so Tony started to hope that everything would be okay. With a smile he noticed May, who was sleeping on a few chairs, which she had placed in a row. With a sigh, he took a blanket and put it over her. Then he went back to Pepper’s room and cuddled up next to her. When she moved a little, he smiled and kissed her cheek.
“I love you, Pep...”, he whispered into her ear.

Then, just shortly after, Emma woke up and took a deep breath. Tony was almost sure what would follow, so he picked the baby up and walked up and down the room, talking to her quietly, so she wouldn’t scream and wake her brother and her mother. The baby’s blue eyes were fixed on Tony’s face when he whispered to her: “Look, princess, I know you’re awake and you probably just wanna drink Mommy’s milk and I get that... I’m hungry too...”, he explained to her with a very serious face, “But you’ve just had some an hour ago and Mommy is exhausted and she won’t be able to take this for very long if we don’t let her sleep...”
He looked around the room for a few seconds.
“But hey, we could ask the nurse for a bottle, so you have something to eat. What do you think? Should we try that? You’d have something to suckle and Mommy will be able to sleep just a little longer...”
He was so focused on the baby, the world could have broken down around him and he wouldn’t have noticed. Right now all that mattered was his princess.

Bucky
He woke up on the floor of an abandoned warehouse. Everything was blurry, even the sounds around him sounded muffled. Like he was stuck behind a glass wall, locked in a cage. Slowly, he raised his head and looked around himself. Where was he? And most importantly, what had happened? The man needed some time to reassemble his own identity, to pull his memories out of the blur. But it worked better than last time. It was getting easier to distinguish between orders and needs, emotions. Especially shortly after those episodes, he had felt so overwhelmed by those human sensations. But it was getting better. He was getting better.
“James Buchanan Barnes...”, he mumbled and slowly reached for his face, to rub his eyes. That was when he felt it. The mask. He was wearing the mask. A bad realization shook his body and he jumped up. There was a gun next to him. Sniper gun, one bullet missing. He never missed.

Slowly, bits and pieces started raining down on him and he had to hold his head, so it wouldn’t explode. It felt like at first and he had to hold onto the wall because he felt threatened to lose consciousness. Electric buzzing in his ears and his heartbeat, as loud as a steam engine. Sweat dropped off his skin and onto the floor. Pain, black. Pitch black darkness. But where was he? Slowly attempting to stand without support, Bucky finally managed to pull the mask off his face, so he could breathe again. Unseen, unknown, a legend. Like the wind.
“James Buchanan Barnes”, he mumbled again, his words echoed through the empty hall. Those were the three magic words. As long as he could remember his own name, it was okay.

“What have I done?”, he asked into the silence. Again, the walls threw his voice back at him. James knew that he needed to leave this building. He knew that they would find him, sooner or later. Forcing his body to walk, he made his way, step for step. It was dawn already. How long had he been out? One night? Or maybe 36 hours? He didn’t know. But what was way worse was that he couldn’t remember what had happened. There was a bullet missing in his gun and he didn’t know where it had gone. The last thing he remembered was walking out of Natasha’s room, turning the tv on and here he was, in the middle of New York, no idea what he had done.
Still dizzy, but now able to walk, he made his way back to Natasha’s flat. The gun on his shoulder and the mask in his hand, he almost felt like a threat to the people walking on the streets. Thanks heavens, there were no policemen who crossed his way. But in the middle of the way, he changed his mind. He couldn’t come home to this misery. So what Bucky did was turn around and head the other way. To a place where he had always been welcome. A place where he had always been wanted, his second home. He knew that things had changed but in the blur of this levitation over the abyss, he couldn’t remember that they hadn’t talked to each other for weeks now. So when he stood in front of Steve’s flat door, blood on his hands and his eyes red and sleep deprived, all he could think about was safety. Someone to make sure that he wouldn’t kill anyone else. A friend, til the end of the line.

Andy
They had danced and made out until they had been thrown out of the club. Andy had put his hands on Steve’s behind and they had exchanged hot kisses. The memory had followed Andy into his dreams when he had fallen asleep in Steve’s arms on the minimalistic bed in the super soldier’s apartment. He had woken up a few times, sweatily making sure that he was still on the bed. But now, now he was awake. He was way too awake and he couldn’t fall asleep anymore. He was only in his boxers, when he put the blanket back and climbed out of Steve’s hug. He was thirsty and therefore needed water. Urgently.
“Don’t you dare...”, he said to his stomach, when he suddenly felt sick. He hadn’t been that drunk, so he couldn’t be hung over today. No way, he just had managed to get into the flat, he had to make a good picture. Because damn, not knowing what Steve would do next nearly drove him crazy. This was so new to him, so slow and so comfortably... nice. Steve was nice to him. He didn’t want him to get naked or fulfill any fantasies. He was just nice.

Andy had no idea what time it was when he started cooking coffee and eggs. He wouldn’t have bothered anyway, but when the doorbell rang, he just took it without thinking. But when he saw who it was, Andy froze for a second. That was the second before his training kicked in and he closed the door behind the Winter Soldier.
“Can you tell me your name?”, he asked and made the man sit down on a chair.
“Bucky”, the man answered. Andy nodded.
“What happened?”
“I might have.... killed someone.”
That sentence didn’t hit him as hard as he had expected. Andy just nodded again.
“STEVE!”, he called out and knocked on the wall, “I know you’re sleeping, but this is important!”

Laura
Laura was always the light sleeper of the two of them. Maybe it was due to her being able to hear more than Clint or just in general. She woke up not from her husband's mumbling, which she was used to, but from the creak of their wooden floor. It was alarm sounds she had trained herself to hear even when she was fast asleep. She sat up tired and yawned a little.

It took a moment for her tired brain to make in everything she saw. "Clint?" she yawned tiredly seeing him standing by the closet she frowned. "What's wrong?" she asked and stepped out of bed towards her husband. Laura rubbed her face tired and went to hug him from the side. "Baby, come back to bed," she murmured and tried to give him a peck. She didn't seem too concerned about the creaking after all this house was full of people. Most likely someone just ended up getting a glass of water.

"Are you alright?" she asks and makes him look at her.

Pepper
She slept really lightly as even her unconsciousness was still trying to make sure her children were safe. Pepper just had her mind on her newborns even now when she was more than tired. The smallest noise could wake her up, so she moved a bit as Tony told her he loved her. Still, it brought a smile to her lips, and she sighed a little as she automatically searched for his closeness.

It was the whispering that actually woke her in the end. Pepper just looked so freaking tired as she looked at Tony and what he was doing with Emma. She smiled gently as she watched the two interact. At this moment, she just realized that everyone's concern about Tony turning up like Howard had been wrong. He was so gentle with the little girl, and everyone could tell already how in love he was with the twins.

"You're great with her," Pepper whispered with a smile and chuckled a bit. "Just look at the two of you-" she was interrupted by a big yawn and smiled happily "-she already has you wrapped around her tiny beautiful finger." Again, she teared up which happened a lot lately because of her hormones and lack of sleep. But they were always happy tears.

Natasha
Natasha woke up the next morning and took an ice cold shower. She didn't look for Bucky still absorbed in her own mind. But it wouldn't surprise her if he wasn't around. They hadn't indeed parted pleasantly last night after all. It almost haunted her, and it didn't help that today was the day of an anniversary she wouldn't want to celebrate.

She walked out and put the news on the TV as she went to make some breakfast or at least attempted to do so. Natasha was a lousy cook, and usually, the Avengers or someone else was there to remind her of that. "Lina? Breakfast ready," she called as there was burnt fried egg in the sink with the pan. Natasha ended up putting Lina's favorite cornflakes into a bowl and milk into it as well. Natasha looked at the black ribbon on her ring finger with a sigh. She closed her eyes trying to keep the pain locked up until Lina was in school. It was the only thing she could do right now. The need not to show this weakness of hers was just too big.

Her attention though was grabbed as soon as the news showed a crime scene. With lots of policemen and...and the Secret Service around. Natasha unmuted the TV and watched it quietly. Of course, it didn't even take her five minutes to figure out who's signature this was...the Winter Soldier.

Steve
Steve slept like a rock that night. Strangely enough, seeing those Wendigos or anything didn't affect him all too much. Besides he wasn't even that drunk last night. After all, alcohol didn't have the desired effect on him anymore. The serum took away most of what would be a typical human reaction. Illnesses, poisons, toxins and many more simply didn't affect him anymore. But still, somehow he had gone with Andy making out in the middle of a freaking dance floor. At first, it had made him blush furiously, but something about Andy had made it okay, and he ignored it all.

He startled awake as someone banged on the wall. Steve looked around confused but walked out. With the most adorable bedhead and his boxer shorts hanging low on his waist, he walked out. "Huh?" he looked at Andy blushing a bit over their current situation. That was until he spotted Bucky in his kitchen.
With a grumble, he walked back into the bedroom and came out seconds later with a shirt on and his hair slightly combed. He stared at his former best friend and crossed his arms. Clearly, Steve still wasn't over how Bucky had treated him and talked down on him for trying to help him. It wasn't even about Bucky seeing Natasha or drooling after her. After all, he knew and had experienced him about girls before. All Steve had wanted was for Bucky to be happy and him to be a part of that happiness. But his supposedly best friend didn't need his freaking help.

"What do you want here?" he huffs having no idea what happened.

Clint
Clint and Laura had gone to bed early and he had been so happy to be home again. It had taken him some time to fall asleep, with all those pictures running through his head, the kids in danger and nothing that he could do. Like a silent movie, the whole thing went down before his eyes again. He hated this. But finally, the pictures had faded and what had stayed was restful bliss, soft darkness, the feeling of his heavy head on his pillow. But that hadn’t lasted for very long. Shortly after the first few minutes, he had slipped into an uneasy sleep, where pictures haunted his mind until he had startled awake a minute later. The feeling of danger had followed him from the battlefield and it always took a few days to get rid of it.
Hands shivering, he had stepped into the moonlight in front of the window and had carefully opened it. The fresh air was comfortable and he breathed it in.
“No snakes in the garden, no Wendigos around the house... You’re just paranoid, Clint, just paranoid....”, he stated and breathed in again. Finally, reality was getting a grip on him and he calmed down. That was, at least, until he heard the creak behind him. His first reaction was to reach for his bow, but it wasn’t there, so he walked towards the closet quickly. Just to be sure, he told himself, just to be sure that it was there. But it wasn’t. And then fear kicked in.

He could hear Laura’s voice in the background of the blood rushing through his veins. So he turned and let her lift his chin so he had to look at her. He tried a weak smile because she looked so worried and the situation was kind of surreal. He sighed.
“My bow’s missing”, he told her with an alarmed undertone in his voice, “Was someone in here except us? Because this is not good at all...”
If whoever had taken the bow was still inside the house, it could get dangerous for all of them. Why was it always him? Why couldn’t anyone else be constantly threatened and scared for their loved ones? Why him? He looked at Laura, realizing what a danger he had become to them. He just wanted to be home...
“Except that, I’m good, yeah.”

Tony
Tony looked up as he heard Pepper’s voice and smiled when she told him that he was good with the baby. That was something, right?
“Well, if we want her to be a confident woman, we have to start early”, he replied and smiled at his fiancée and then at his daughter. His daughter. He still couldn’t believe it. He was a father of such beautiful children. It was like a miracle to him. Emma looked at him with her big blue eyes and his heart just melted.
“Okay, Mommy’s awake now, so you can actually have some”, he stated and handed Emma to her mother. Then he sat down next to Pepper and watched the two of them with pure fascination. He was so happy to be here at that moment, nothing in this world could make this moment less perfect.

“Don’t cry, Pepper...”, he begged and pulled her into him, so he could put an arm around her, “It’s just a baby, it can’t hurt you.”
For a while, they just sat and Tony watched Emma suckle. Then, Andrew woke up and it was his turn. Those twins were really keeping them busy, but was a good kind of busy and Tony didn’t mind.

Andy & Bucky
Well, to be honest, Steve was really hot walking out the room like this. His hair all messy, totally sleepy and only half focused, with that little blush on his cheeks. He was so damn handsome Andy nearly lost his shit when he walked through that goddman door. He could see by Steve’s reaction that he really wasn’t that happy with the sudden appearance of his friend. Andy had no idea why, but he figured that the captain must have had a good reason to do so, which was why he watched for a while. But the last thing his just found patient needed was grumpy friends, so he just put a hand on Steve’s arm and smiled.
“Babe, seriously, he’s got blood on his hands. A simple hello would’ve done...”, he stated and felt the urge to kiss Steve... but he let it go. There were more important things than this.
“D’you wanna tell us what happened?”, he asked and crouched down in front of Bucky, so he wouldn’t seem threatening to him.
The guy opposite him huffed and looked... almost bitter, when he answered: “I don’t remember.”

That was not good. Not good at all. And what also wasn’t good at all was that there was a gun lying on the floor next to the door. Not that Andy was afraid of guns, it was just the fact that whenever he encountered them, someone got hurt or died. He was aware that that was connected to his job as a paramedic, but still the feeling he got when he saw a gun wasn’t a good one. So he carefully pushed that thing away from Bucky with the tips of his toes and then walked back to the two men in the kitchen. The eggs on the stove were done, so he put them onto a plate and added forks.
“Anyone want breakfast?”

Bucky looked up at Steve and was utterly confused. What had he done to his friend that he treated him like a stranger? What had happened...? They had fought side by side. Steve had saved him and now it seemed like Steve’s lover was the only one talking. Why was Steve angry?
When he was asked what had happened, his mood dropped even more.
“I don’t remember”, he replied bitterly, frustration in his eyes. He had thought that this was over. But it wasn’t... How had he managed to feel so safe? He had fooled himself and that would never happen again. He had to be more careful.

The former soldier could feel the electric atmosphere in the room. He could feel the attraction between Steve and the other guy and he could also feel Steve’s anger towards him. So he just stayed quiet, waiting for a question, an order, anything to act on. Because he wasn’t fully himself yet. And he knew that.

Laura
She watched him quietly clearly putting his thoughts in order. She hummed and strolled up to him to wrap her arms around him as she did with her kids sometimes when they felt scared. Despite his smile, she could tell that he didn't feel well with this. She hummed and pecked his lips gently, almost lovingly.

"Your bow is what?" she hummed confused and frowned a little at the prospect that his bow was missing. But then her thoughts instantly went to her oldest son. She should've seen the signs, after all, it had been visible. His bruises on his arm from the slap of the string. She had asked him about it already as it looked so familiar to Clint's when he wasn't wearing protection. But she always gave her children the benefit of the doubt, so she had just accepted his answer about falling oddly and applied some ointment.

She pushed her lips into a thin line because Cooper would have to endure this when she would have a heart on heart with him. "I think I know who took it," she kissed him again and pulled him into a hug. "Don't worry about it... Your son is just the same troublemaker you are," she huffed and kissed him again before pulling his head against her shoulder. "Let's go back to bed and worry about this, tomorrow, okay?" she murmured and pulled him with her.

Pepper
The redhead sniffled and looked at him as Tony handed her Emma. "I'm not scared of...her hurting me. She's just so tiny. Both of them," she murmured and cuddled into him while resting her hand on his shoulder. "They are too precious for this world," she whispers and watches Emma drink slowly. The little girl reached into the air to hold onto something, but she pulled her hand into a fist in the thin air like she wanted to grab onto something. Pepper was almost asleep again when Emma finished, and Andrew started to complain.

"Can you burp her?" she asks Tony and goes to switch the babies. Unlike Emma, Andrew was quite eager to drink. She flinched a bit as he started to almost attack her boob before sucking hard. "He's hungry," she murmurs a bit and looks down at him. "It's okay... Just relax," she murmurs as Andrew seems to get ready to complain again. But eventually, he gets the hang of it and seems to settle slowly but still pull on her more than he was able to drink. She tried to calm him a bit and looks down at Andrew. "I think we did great, Tony," she whispers and looks at him "They are perfect."

Steve
Oh, Steve was goddamn pissed at Bucky. How could he dare to come into his apartment like he hadn't insulted him? Heck, the man had broken his heart and still acted like nothing ever happened. "Don't worry about him. That blood isn't even his," he told Andy like it was the most normal thing to say. He gave Bucky a glance like the man was intruding on something. He huffed and moved away from both. Somehow he felt like both Andy and Bucky were teaming up on him now.

"You don't remember?!" he huffed and stared at him. "Are you effing kidding me?" he asked him and exploded "Don't you dare to go all Winter Soldier on me. Because we both know you didn't snap or else you wouldn't be here dripping blood all over my ground! Why don't you go to Tasha whining to her about whatever you did? Instead, I'm always convenient when you think she won't listen!" He glared at him trying to see any sign of the Winter Soldier. But there was none. So what the heck was he thinking storming into his home like this was some emergency. He shook his head and looked at Andy "Bucky is not staying for breakfast." Steve was far too stubborn after putting everything on the line for the man but then not even getting a thank you or apology for it.

Natasha
She looked at the screen and watched the news on mute. Natasha stared at the screen and frowned. The signs just stared right back at her. The Winter Soldier but thankfully no one had drawn a comparison to the Kennedy assassination which publicly went on James's account. She huffed and quickly put together Lina's stuff for school.

Why did those things only happen when she didn't have time for them. She looked at the black ribbon on her index finger and needed to push back tears. Natasha couldn't do this. She had thought James would understand or at least partly. But instead, things just got worse and worse for her, and no one realized that it took a toll on her as well. They just saw what she displayed on her perfect facade, and she had always thought Bucky would be the only bothering to look past it, but she had been wrong. The moment she finally opened up about things, this happened. So why did people even expect her to open up about her life? When the only person she trusted was gone on a farm protecting his family and the other one...was mostly just a construct of her fantasy. A leftover from her childhood.

"Grab your stuff, we're leaving early," she tells Lina and puts on a smile that fooled everyone. She gave her some lunch money. "Just get something nice," the redhead adviced as she wasn't a good cook at all much to everyone's knowledge.
Without allowing questions, she ushered Lina out and drove her to the school she was in. Once outside, she went to grab a newspaper as well as two cups of coffee and sped to Steve's place.

Unlike Bucky, she didn't knock but just moved in. "Have you seen..." she started and stared at James like he was the devil himself. She gave him a cold look for not even bothering to call her and tell her that he was okay. Instead, he went running to Steve.
With a huff, she smacked the newspaper in front of Bucky plopped down on the chair before motioning over to Steve with one of the cups. "There for you or your boyfriend," she told him and smiled at Andrew "Nice to see you again, by the way." She leaned back and put her feet up on Bucky's lap like it was the most normal behavior. "So what's the tea to the headline?" she asked him curiously and eyed him off like she was trying to figure him off.

Steve
He huffed and looked at Natasha as she just moved in. "What the heck!?" he grumbled but accepted the cup of coffee from her. He grumbled and looked at Andy shortly. "What tea?" he asked confused not understanding what the phrase meant. He pulled the newspaper over and looked at the front page. "What the heck?" he murmured and started to read through the article with a frown.

Clint
The way Laura looked at him, he could tell that she had a suspect already, even beofore she talked. Was it Cooper she was talking about? Clint didn't know for sure, but the way she pressed her lips together and her eyes turned grim all of sudden, he was almost sure that it was their son. And he had mercy already. There was probably a good reason that Cooper had taken it... But without asking, he could have gotten hurt and no one would have noticed. That bow was a weapon and Cooper didn't seem to understand that. How could he? He was only a child. Clint frowned and then nodded, as Laura suggested to worry about that tomorrow. It sounded good to get some sleep after that exhausting battle. And as boring as it sounded, but he would give fighting up any time just to be with his family. Now that he had seen how retirement suited him, he would only join his team mates for real emergencies.
"Sounds like a good plan...", he whispered, before walking back to bed and laying down.

The next morning, he woke up early and after a few minutes of coziness in their bed, he decided to get up and make some breakfast. He went downstairs and decided for pancakes, but just as he was about to put them into the pan, Nathaniel started screaming. He went upstairs and collected the little boy, before continuing with the pancakes. One by one, his whole family woke up and joined him in the kitchen. The first one after Nathaniel was Pietro, who just sat down on a chair and was oddly quiet today. Clint just blamed it on the battle the day before and served him pancakes, which he ate way too quickly. But he didn't even say good morning. It was like he had lost his voice.
"Morning, Wanda", Clint greeted when the Scarlet Witch entered the room. She seemed tired, too, but wasn't acting as strange as Pietro did.
"Did you all sleep well?", the archer asked into the room, halfway hoping to make Pietro talk. But nothing came out.
"Well I kinda did", Cooper, who had just entered the kitchen, answered. The boy sat down next to Pietro like it was the most natural thing. Then the two of them started whispering and Pietro nodded. Clint smiled and shook his head. The twins had become family. But still, they seemed to be messed up today. The battle had left tracks on them, especially on Pietro. Clint guessed that he didn't want to talk about it in front of his children, but there was definitely something that bothered him about the way it had gone yesterday.

Tony
The next day, they were sent home. The babies packed in blankets and awfully cute rompers, they moved outside to the parking lot, where Tony had parked the car. It had taken him ages to get the baby seats into the car the way they were supposed to be and he even hurt one of his fingers in the process, but he had managed and now they were going to put his work to the test. He was kind of nervous, especially because he had only had two days to make Malibu Mansion baby safe. Well, money could buy everything and he had managed, he had even cleared a room for them, with Happy's, Rhodey's and his Iron Man suit's help. He just hoped that Pepper would be okay with the way he had done it. He had really put a lot of effort into the room. It had two beds, which monitored the babies heart rate and vitals- because SIDS was definitely a danger- and the cribs could turn into bulletproof boxes, which could only be opened by him, Pepper, Rhodey, Peter and Happy. In case of an attack, the boxes would close and ensure that, even if the house exploded and started to fall off the cliff, the babies would be safely transfered to the military base and send out a distress signal to Pepper, Rhodey and Happy. But Pepper didn't need to know that. All she needed to know was that he had built those adorable beds himself and that they had a mobile with softly glowing blue reactors and soft music. They were his own little masterpiece and one of many presents for his precious children.

"Look, how peaceful they are now...", Tony smiled and took Pepper's hand in his, as he looked at his sleeping babies through the rearview mirror. Then he started the engine and they drove home. A few hours later, Tony watched the daily news with Pepper, while the babies were asleep in their high safety cribs. Tony was happy and put an arm around his fiancee, who still seemed exhausted from the birth. He sighed and closed his eyes, as suddenly there was an announcement on the news.
"... And after the president's assassination, reelection will run soon. Until then, we will have to rely on his vice, who seems a little clueless...", a pretty faced woman with tons of make up said, as pictures popped up on the green screen behind her. Tony frowned and in that moment he realized that he probably should turn his phone on again. Since Pepper was on self planned maternity leave, he was responsible for the company and hell knew what the passing of the president had done to the economy. People panicked and when they panicked, they sold stocks. Stark Industry stocks... With a frown he looked at Pepper and then back at the screen.
"The president was murdered?", he asked into the silence, "What happened, Friday?"
"I was waiting for you to ask that question", the AI stated and a hologram popped up in front of him, "It was like that..."

After Tony had watched the crime a hundred times, he sat down on the couch again.
"If I may express my opinion, Tony, I think all signs point to an involvement of the W..."
"Gsh, psh, I think... I think we should call it a day for today", Tony interrupted Friday, before she could reveal what he had suspected after a few moments already.
He sighed and nodded: "Goddamn, can't he just be less psycho for one damn time? What did I do this for...?"
Was it because of Steve or because he thought of the greater good for once? Was it because he knew that another day in prison would make Bucky so unstable he would snap again? Well, whatever it was that made him go down to the workshop, it was not for the man himself, because he still had no sympathy for the man who had killed his parents.
"Was he caught on tape somewhere?", Tony asked his AI and sat down on one of the tables.
"Checking....", Friday responded and after two minutes, she pulled up two videos where the Winter Soldier was clearly visible.
"Okay. Now, make him an alibi. Check him into a motel far away and make sure he's on the tapes there. Send a bill to his credit card and make him come back two hours ago. He also took a taxi from there to New York."
After everything was set up, all Tony had to do was to make sure that they would all tell the smae story. That was why he called Natasha.

Bucky
Steve shouted and Bucky froze. He was unstable and he knew it, but he couldn't help but fall back into that machine like trance, where he just sat and stared.
"Yes. No. I am. What are my orders?"
He didn't say more because he knew that looking up or questioning anything would bring another shock. He didn't want to be shocked, it was painful. He didn't want to lose his memories. Then clearness again. He looked at Steve and shook his head, frustrated. He didn't even want to fight Steve anymore. All he could do was sit and let those words pass. Because they were all true. Just as he wanted to get up and leave, though, Natasha came walking through the door and he took a deep breath.
"I don't remember", he repeated his words from before and looked at her, begging her to understand, "I woke up in a warehouse, somewhere around DC, I think. I walked the way here. I didn't wanna scare Lina with the way I look, I don't trust him. He might hurt her."
After that was said, James froze again. Sat and stared at the wall, tired and way too exhausted to even try to put the pieces together. But there was a bullet missing in that sniper gun and he knew what it meant, trouble. He was trouble again.

A while of silence followed, when the other guy took the coffee and Steve did too, then they both had a sip and Steve's lover said something about posttraumatic stupor, which wasn't uncommon in soldiers. He shook his head, but looked down, not daring to meet Natasha's eyes. He was scared that he might see disappointment, blame... Or even guilt, which was way worse.
"So what did I do?", he asked, finally, eyes still on Natasha instead of Steve. He wasn't ready to see his reaction yet.
And just as Natasha wanted to say something, her phone rang and she took it. Even from that distance, he could hear Stark's voice.
"I know what your boyfriend did last night and I have proof that he was set up. Let's meet."
After a second, Stark spoke again: “Actually, don’t bother, I’m coming over.”

Lina
When Natasha stared at the screen, the girl figured that there was something terribly wrong. She didn’t know what it was or what had happened, but she was almost a hundred percent sure that there was something wrong. She had never seen so much emotion in a face, but she let it pass... because... well, because apparently she liked her teacher. She had come here to learn, but now she was starting to show feelings. And they let her. This was the first time since she had been taken away that she could really feel safe and protected. And that was why she didn’t ask any questions. She trusted that woman.

Lina stepped out of the door and drove to school with Natasha. James had somehow disappeared, but he would be back soon. Lina knew that. He wouldn’t leave them. He would come back.
She sat on her chair, nicely and quietly, while the teacher talked about the president and his job... because he was dead. Lina had seen the news. And she understood, now. Natasha was onto something and she was here sitting in that stupid classroom.
“I have to pee”, she excused herself and ran outside, following Natasha. It took her some time, but finally, she knocked on the apartment door. Schoolbag on her back, she waited patiently for someone to open.

Laura
Laura was relieved when Clint joined her in bed. She fell asleep slowly as she listened to her husband’s even and a deep breath. It helped her falling asleep. Like each morning her alarm clock went off, and she went to wake up her children. Eventually, she got dressed and went downstairs. „Good morning,“ she smiled at everyone and messed up both Cooper’s and Pietro’s hair lovingly. Walking over to Clint, she pecked his cheek.

„How are you?“ She asked him with a gentle smile before she turned to Cooper. „We two need to talk about you picking locks and stealing dad’s weapons,“ she crosses her arms and looks at her son seriously. With a grumble, she walks over to him. „The two of us will talk when I’m back from work, and you’Re back from school.“

Pepper
Pepper looked at her children like a hawk. Once they did the safety seat test, she was standing near her both twins. It broke her heart not to be able to help them or even be able to comfort them as they screamed their lungs out in those car seats during the test. It was just the doctor’s way to make sure they would survive a car ride. After all, you couldn’t always pull over when they screamed. Eventually, the siblings fell asleep.

They even slept through the car ride to their mansion. She looked over her shoulder worriedly almost every five minutes. Eventually, she seemed to settle and held Tony’s hand happily. „They are…Just perfect,“ she agreed and pecked his cheek. „Is their room finished?“ She wanted to know because she wasn’t sure if they could even put the kids away. It wasn’t like she actually was bothered by having them in their bed or bedroom. She sighed and looked at him.

Pepper had just cuddled herself against him as he suddenly moved away. „Tony…“ she whined but allowed him to walk away. She sighed and crinkled her mouth as she was left alone.

Steve
Steve listened to the two and huffed over the whole situation. He grumbled a bit and walked over to Andy trying to stand in front of him in case Bucky snapped again. He huffed a little and walked over to the door once it rang. „Who else did you two invite here? Can’t I for once have a freaking day for myself!?“ he asked both of them.

Steve blinked though as he saw the girl in front of the door. „Hello?“ He asked her confused unsure what Bucky’s and Natasha’s girl was doing here. He knew the girl was no threat to them at least. He sighed a little and looked at Lina before stepping away. He blinked though as Natasha rushed past him to the girl. He looked between Bucky and the spy before walking over to his best friend and grabbed the newspaper.

„How come you always end up in trouble?“ Steve asked him frowning and rolled his eyes. He looked down at the article and frowned a little.

Natasha
Observing James, she noticed that he spoke the truth. Natasha frowned though as he doesn't seem to remember. "Well, given that this has your signature all over, I think you killed another president. This one freaking deserved it though," she sighed and nudged the newspaper over to him. She seemed to really think he had done that. But nothing of that assassination was going on her nerves. If anything she congratulated him silently for killing that idiot.

Almost instantly she took the call and frowned over the phone call. Pinching her nose, she crinkled her mouth as Tony told her that he knew what had happened. It wasn't a good sign since if Tony was able to figure that one out other people could too. Her gaze went to James. "I'll be there. Give me half an hour, I'm running errands right now," she told him not wanting to say that it also took him time to arrive at her place. Natasha knew that whatever proof he had to say about Bucky not being the killer.

Her gaze went over to the door as someone knocked. Steve went to open it, and Natasha blinked surprised and unhappy overseeing the girl here. „Lina!“ She called out and hung up on him suddenly. „What are you doing here?“ She asked him and instantly walked over confused trying to figure out what had happened. „Are you hurt?“ She asked her almost immediately and showed motherly instincts for the first time as she placed her hands on her cheeks worriedly.

Those had been the last normal moments in their lives before they had changed into chaos. Though normal had never really fit their lives, they had settled somewhere in between and had been happy. But as Murphy’s law predicts, nothing good will ever last forever. The worst that can happen, will happen. And so it went...

Infinity War

Tony (On Titan)
He was shivering and clinging to the piece of fabric that was left, as tears were dropping onto his hands.
I don’t wanna go...
The words still echoed in his mind and they made it hard to breathe. He was waiting for an anxiety attack, but it didn’t come. He was just numb, just like the moment when his mother had died. But this time, this time it was on him. This one wasn’t something he could talk himself out of, or something he could push away. He was dead. And Thanos had won. There was no other way? Bullshit! Who had that arrogant magician been anyways? Acting all clever with his time stone, saying those things but giving up so easily... As if it had all been planned from the start. Just to save his life... Tony coughed. The wound was sealed, but it wasn’t healed. And there weren’t enough parts to rebuild the suit. He wouldn’t make it off this planet... with all of those people dead and Peter- the boy he had tried so hard to encourage, to support- gone, he just didn’t know... what if he didn’t want to leave this planet? What if this was his final mission, the last thing he would do? For a few moments, he let those thoughts sink in, sitting there, his hands still caressing the dust on them... Peter’s remains. But then, he took a deep breath. He was calm. There was nothing he could do to change the past... but this, this was his chance. Changing the world for a better future. And maybe, if Pepper was still alive and if the children were okay, he could still have a life. He had to try, at least. Make sure that the survivors were safe. There was some cleaning up to do on earth... and who else would do it but him?
With a hiss, he got up and felt the wound shift. It hurt as hell, still, he managed to stand upright. He managed to raise one hand, ordering the shattered pieces of his suit back onto his skin, so it would be covered. The second hand came after and by the time he had picked all the spare parts back up, his chest was almost fully covered. But he needed it for something else. He had them form a can, where he kept Peter. He knew how it felt not to get closure and he wouldn’t let May go through this. Nothing but the truth, no matter how painful it was. When he was done, he just sat for what felt like ages. He just sat and stared and everything made sense now. He wasn’t scared, sad or angry. There was just... nothing. Vacuum. Like someone had taken his feelings and sucked them out of his body. Now he was just numb, cold. And he fell asleep like that. Curled up on the floor, because his body needed rest. And he slept long and dreamless. Because there was nothing left to loose.

He was woken by a foot on his shoulder. It wasn’t a kick, just a soft touch, a stimulus to see if he was still alive. And he was.
“That was my shoulder”, he gasped and sat up. He was drying out and he was feeling dizzy, but he was very much alive and the pain in his thorax made that very clear. He coughed and it was very painful.
“Who are you?”, Tony asked and forced himself to stand upright, despite the pain. This wasn’t the moment to show weakness. But then again, was there ever a moment to do that?
The genius was unstable on his legs, so he sat down on a stone and tried to breathe steadily, which made him feel even more pain. He watched the robot- or what was that even? An android? An alien with a lot of prosthetics?- walk towards him and eyed it suspiciously.
“Okay, so, the deed is done, Thanos won”, he started babbling and swallowed dryly a few times. Heck, he really needed water.
“So unless you’re here to finish me, which I recommend you do fast, would you stop looking at me that way? I feel like there’s something wrong with my face if you do.”
He really didn’t want to die up there, or else Peter’s remains would never get back to earth.

Thor
“We lost...”
It was a statement and it hit them all equally as hard. The battlefield was full of dead bodies and blood, all brave warriors died in the battle. Valhall would be open to them... If it even still existed. He did not want to think of an answer to that question right now. Too many people had died.
“Where’s Wilson! I can’t find him”, someone, Rhodes, called out. No answer. But the god of thunder knew... he knew what had happened. It was down to them.
“Everyone who is still alive gather here. Take the wounded with you!”, a female voice was audible and everyone started to move towards that spot. Thor counted his friends. Natasha was there, Bruce, too, Steve was alive, which was fortunate and Rhodes of course. The others were gone. This battle had been intense and they hadn’t stood a chance. Even with his newly discovered power and Stormbreaker, he hadn’t been able to lead them to victory. What a lousy king he was! First, his people and now he had failed his friends. He should have aimed for the head.
“People of Wakanda!”
Where was the rabbit? Was he gone, too? What had happened to him? They had formed such a strong bond when they had revived Nidavellir. Now Thor was almost sure that he had lost him somewhere in the battle and he just hoped that his furry friend was alright.
“We need a report of those who have gone missing. Please everyone in their place!”
Silence. Then the crowd shifted and people moved. Thor stood next to Steve, Bruce and Natasha. That was his place, where he belonged. Then, a young woman ran towards them and she looked like she was very worried. Her eyes scanned the crowd and she finally raised her voice to shout on top of her lungs.
“T’Challa!”, she burst out and ran down the hill to where they were all standing.

Shuri
She had fought to defend what was left of her country, but somehow she hadn’t been able to do enough. Not even the stone she had been able to protect, but then again, she didn’t wanna pay this with her life. Everything had gone well, so far. She was still whole and the weapons she had designed had worked perfectly. She was proud of that, even though it was probably the worst time to think about that. It was all science. Fun and games. Until she saw the dead bodies. So many of her friends, her people had died and they lay there, face down or up, eyes to the sky, the pain written in their eyes. But that was how a battle ended, right? With sacrifice. She had never seen war so clearly and it was a gruesome picture. With a frown, she scanned though the crowd, her eyes taking in the whole scene at once, realizing that most of the people she had been close to had survived. Except.... Where was T’Challa? Where was her brother?!??
“T’Challa!!!”
Tears started pouring out her eyes, as she ran down the hill, eyes filled with pure horror, “T’Challa! Where is he?! >Where is my brother?!<“
Everyone was talking to each other, as suddenly a scream broke the sound and cut it in two. Silence, because everyone knew what it meant. And Shuri knew, too. Okoye had just announced the king’s death. Her brother was dead.

For a moment she stood, body frozen, as her mind tried to comprehend what she had heard. Then, she took a deep breath and walked up the hill again, her head raised with pride. The tears were ruining her beautiful war paint, as she took her place in front of her people and as much as she hated to do this, she raised her voice and said it out loud: “The king is dead!”
And she walked inside the destroyed building, which had been her home, tears still streaming down her face. She sat down next to the new model of a Black Panther suit. No, she couldn’t do this. She couldn’t take his place. She couldn’t be a queen. And with all the flowers destroyed, even if she wanted to, it was impossible to become the new Black Panther. She just took the mask into her hands and then hugged it tightly.
“>Oh stupid brother<“, she mumbled, as new tears wettened her shirt, “You stupid idiot got yourself killed...”

On TitanNebula
Nebula stared at the place where the rest of the Guardians had been. She hadn't really been part of them, but still, it felt like her family was missing. Even though she had just kind of made up with her sister and now things were just gone. She had no one anymore. The one person she cared about was gone. With a sigh, she got up to leave this godforsaken planet. She needed to start another attack to finish Thanos and maybe go back to normal and bring her sister back. With some luck, the soul stone would come in handy. Nebula might not have any use for the infinity stones, but she certainly would use it to bring Gamora and her moron of a boyfriend back.

Just as she was about to go to her ship, she saw just another living being there. Tony was just an Earthling, but if he stayed alive through all of this, it was worth just a bit of work.
"I know that's your shoulder stupid," she glared at him with her black eyes. She could see how he was trying to figure out what she was. He wasn't the first person or creature to do that, so it wasn't too surprising for her.

"I'm your right back to your planet so get up," she told him with a huff refusing to actually tell him who she was. It wouldn't make a difference, and she had never really been proud to be Thanos's daughter. The man had only tortured, ripped her apart to replace her body with more and more technology. To the point, that Nebula couldn't tell anymore if she was more flesh than metal or the other way around.

At the mention of her not looking at him like she did, Nebula just huffed. "Get up, and I won't need to look at you. I don't plan on camping on Titan so get up so you can leave. Otherwise, you can see how you fly through half of the galaxy to get back to Earth," she told him not interested in who he was or why he was the one surviving out of all of them. But this was a mess, and she felt like it was Quill's thought. He had lost his head only because he was too stupid to realize that Gamora had been dead. They could've prevented all of this from happening. But Thanos would pay for this.

On EarthThe Barton's
She had watched the news. It didn't take her long to understand what was happening and she tried her best to act like things were going to be alright for her children's sake. But she looked at Clint, and they both knew what this meant as soon as they broadcasted that stupid flying donut over New York. Just as she was about to say something to Clint and ask how he thought things were going. She heard a high pitched scream from her daughter. She ran inside just to see her evaporate.

"Lila!" she screamed and ran over. She saw two dust heaps on the ground - one of Cooper and one of Lila. Just before she was able to do anything, she looked at her hands and evaporated as well.

"Da-da," Nathan said not sounding well. He patted Clint's shoulder as he was in his arms as his hand disappeared and soon he just turned to dust as well.

Pepper
Pepper stared at her arms where she had kept her children close. She looked shocked at the emptiness. Her children were gone as she had waited desperately for Tony to finally call her back. She had lost everything in a matter of hours. The redhead pressed the soft blankets of her babies close to her chest with tears streaming down her cheeks. "I love you-" she choked out and just sat there in the dirt of her children. Of course, she knew what it meant...Tony and the rest of the Avengers had failed to protect Earth. That Thanos guy...had won and taken everything from her.

Not even once in her life, Pepper had felt this angry. Also when Aldrich had kidnapped her, she hadn't felt like this. "Friday?" Pepper asked with a broken voice and pressed her eyes closed like she believed all of this was just a bad dream. "Any sign of Tony?" she asked the AI hoping to fill this taunting silence with something else but this bitterness.

Natasha
Natasha held her stomach as she stared in disbelieve at the space where James had evaporated. She felt nauseous, and her stomach hurt strangely. It didn't take a doctor to figure out what had happened to her. Maybe it was because she had felt this before. This sharp pain in her lower abdomen. Just this time the blood was missing. It was too late to tell him, and suddenly the world was in danger so Natasha couldn't sit this one out. She had needed to fight for Clint so he could stay home for his family in case there was an attack. But once again the redhead had sacrificed everything.

It took all her strength not to look too fazed by what was happening. In the corner of her eyes, her unshed tears were burning. Once again, she had lost the person she cared most about on this planet and her unborn child. Maybe it was just the way the universe wanted to tell her that she shouldn't be a mother. At least she shouldn't have biological children, and again, she hadn't told Bucky about it. Natasha sat down and pressed her hand into the dirt that she believed had been Bucky.

"James..." she whispers and presses her lips into a thin line as she threatens to start crying.

Steve
He stood near Natasha. He looked at the woman act so strange to how she usually behaved. It almost broke his heart. With second thoughts, he reached out to place his hand on her shoulder. But there was nothing left for him to do to spend her some solace. Besides he was sure that Natasha didn't want this. The woman was strange when it came to things like that. Steve pressed his lips into a thin line, knowing that he would miss his best friend as well.

The Super Soldier looked at the battlefield. They had lost so much, and there was nothing for him left to do. Taking a deep breath, he gently squeezed the redhead's shoulder, and his gaze went to the young genius. He looked sympathetic at her because there was nothing for him left to do. Her brother, T'Challa, was already dead so what could he say. They had brought the fight to Wakanda, and it felt like this one was on him. Heck, maybe things would've gone differently if they reacted earlier or even seen this coming. Perhaps they should've kept the fight in New York. At least the city knew how to get back on his feet. Slowly, he made his way to Shuri and smiled at her sadly.

"I'm sorry for your brother," he mentioned to her truthfully, and his blue eyes pierced her in pain. Deep down, his thoughts were with Andy. Steve just hoped that the man had survived. He couldn't lose someone close to him again. Not after his friends were gone.

Rocket
Rocket stood close to where Groot had been. Still, the words <"Dad-"> were ringing in his ears as he looked at the tree's ashes. The raccoon couldn't do much - not even move - as he stared at the space Groot had been. Again, he had lost who was closed to him. Rocket only lost people and wasn't able to protect him. First, he thought he had lost his best friend for good. But thankfully the had been able to grow him right back. But this time...he was gone with nothing for him left to do.

"Groot," he finally managed to get out. His voice was dry as he moved over to him. Almost desperately he felt around for him, but nothing was there. They had lost against the purple space nutsack. Even if they managed to win now, his friends were lost. With some bad luck Gamora, Quill, Mantis, and Drax had been more successful. But given the current outcome that was unlikely. Rocket had really thought that helping Thor get that stupid ax would help. But it hadn't...Obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back