Character Theory Recurring themes in your characters?

I'm a big fan of write what you know, so a lot of my characters will coincidentally have hobbies/occupations that include watersports or other outdoor activities I enjoy myself.

That's about the gist of similarities. I tend to write a bunch of average joes but the personality changes. I write scaredy cats, smartasses, derpaderps, egomanics, and big damn heroes just about equally considering what flavor I'm in the mood for at the time.

Most my characters have some sort of cute sidekick for comedic relief

It's come from every form from human siblings to pets to baby mythological creatures

In battle-based RPs, I typically use speed over raw strength if I don't use ranged weaponry

in combat based roleplays, i usually play little girl characters who fight dirty and dishonest to compensate for their frail yet small stature. typically the type who would bring a knife to a fist fight or a gun to a sword fight. the reason being is that the characters know they are at a disadvantage and use the weapon most assured to keep themselves alive in the circumstances presented. so i use little girl characters who use dishonest and cowardly weapons and tactics, not that the characters are truly dishonest cowards, just that they don't have have a choice when they are constantly pitted against bigger and stronger opponents of heavier weight classes.

I always have my character appear unassuming and dull outside of combat but powerful during combat or incredibly cunning and aware of the situation at hand.

Most of mine are either lazy, apathetic, harsh, awkward or very laid back.

Oh and quite a lot of them like either music or cooking, and are great at both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back