• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Recruitment

The Black Knight The Black Knight The robot guy doesn't have a CS for his mad scientist, though? Neither does Joanna's brother or this "Emperor Darkstalker" guy on Dai's sheet. At this point it kinda feels like you're making me arbitrarily jump through hoops just because you dislike my concept, which is fine but it'd be nice if you just told me everything you disliked from the outset so we could do this in one go.

Regardless, I had already made all the changes you wanted me to make so, you know, feel free to take a look.

The Black Knight The Black Knight The robot guy doesn't have a CS for his mad scientist, though? Neither does Joanna's brother or this "Emperor Darkstalker" guy on Dai's sheet. At this point it kinda feels like you're making me arbitrarily jump through hoops just because you dislike my concept, which is fine but it'd be nice if you just told me everything you disliked from the outset so we could do this in one go.

Regardless, I had already made all the changes you wanted me to make so, you know, feel free to take a look.
The emperor is a npc Black Knight created. You can find him in the npc tab.

Edit: under the gangs tab sorry

Last edited:
RI.a RI.a So the issue is that my character isn't mentored by a GMPC/NPC? Dang, that would have been nice to know from the outset.
Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

RI.a RI.a So the issue is that my character isn't mentored by a GMPC/NPC? Dang, that would have been nice to know from the outset.
Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
?? My character isn't mentored. I just thought it'd be nice to be part of the story that way. O.o
And lol ironic since Dai is blind xD

The Black Knight The Black Knight
Except there wasn't a single one of your little hoops I didn't jump through? And, furthermore, that post wasn't a response to you in the first place. Reading comprehension, my friend.

Regardless, this still doesn't answer why other players are exempt from writing up their NPCs, and trying to dodge that question specifically really doesn't create a good image for you.

__kagiyama_hina_touhou_drawn_by_ibuki_notsu__sample-f8bff52f34598781cc4392a996734ed2.jpgCharacter Name: Areum Hadokabe
Alias: Au'lait
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 160lbs
Hair Color: Green
Eye Color: Green
Complexion: Pale
Build: Despite appearances, Areum is actually a very well trained woman. She sports a solid network of muscles across her body, though she usually dresses in such a way as to hide them.

Written Appearance: Many scars of varying degrees can be found over all her body, to the point where it's pointless to list them one by one. They're a natural result of her 'no dodge, all blocking' fighting style, most of them owing to her overestimating the strength of her defensive capabilities. The same as her muscles, Areum goes out of her way to cover them up.

Personality:
As if a raging inferno was given a human form, the woman who calls herself "Au'lait" does little to earn her cutesy-sounding alias. Areum is, for lack of gentler terms, a woman who tries very hard to be something that she very much isn't. While she dresses the part of a cute, soft, lovely-looking girly girl, she is instead someone who harbors a temper so great that the Greek Gods would be afraid. She's someone who feels as if the world has cheated her out of much of what she deserves, and any reminder of that will set her off within seconds; Her voice raises to a deafening roar, her expression twists into a deathly scowl, and "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" finds its truest expression.

Current Story:
Areum comes from money, and a lot of it. The firstborn daughter of the of the modern Masters of the Hadokabe School of Martial Arts, and well-cemented member of Noblesse, she enjoyed a first class ticket to a privileged life, showered with both the boons of wealth and easy access to the best education she could ask for. Her father taught her the essentials of his martial art at an early age, setting her well ahead of her contemporaries, and on a path that would surely lead to her succession of his role as the head of the school.

He was, however, a busy man. Before long, he had to stop playing favorites and Areum became a student like any other. She still enjoyed the boons of her status in her free time, but while training she was just another face in the crowd. Her father didn't look upon her as his child, but instead as just another rowdy kid who needed to be straightened up. It frustrated her; Shouldn't he have been investing more of his time in his own flesh and blood? His legacy to be? So she grew defiant, only to fall behind because of it. Which would only frustrate her further, and the cycle went on. Those around her improved at a steady rate, while she only grew more and more consumed by her various frustrations.

Eventually, the day would come when she would have to prove herself. A week long tournament between all the up and comers of the Hadokabe School, the first of many that would determine who would one day take up the title of 'Master'; And she didn't even make it to the semi finals. This in mind, a particular tradition of the Hadokabe School was called to action. You see, the family who takes the name of Hadokabe is not one lineage. Instead, the Masters of the School take the name as their own, when the are bestowed their title. Areum, for a very long time, had been keeping it only out of her father's hope and good will, but after the steady breakdown of her behavior, and in the light of her failure, he'd no choice but to strip it from her. She was to discard the name she'd worn her whole life, and start anew under her father's original one.

It was supposed to be an act that would humble her, a last ditch effort to steer her back onto the right path so that she could, hopefully, one day reclaim the name Hadokabe. But instead it served as the last straw. The moment she was told, she flew into a rage, seeking out and beating down on the opponent that had robbed her of everything. So instead of just being stripped of her name, she was thrown from the school, and even Noblesse.

Her father was dead to her. The school was dead to her. Noblesse was dead to her. The lot of them were scheming against her, she convinced herself, and she would give them their just deserts. So, she abandoned not just the school, but her home too, and took to the streets. She'd become a Master all on her own. She'd take their tepid martial arts to a level they'd never seen before, and then drown them all in her shadow.

Weapon(s): N/A

Aura Color Purple

Fighting Style: Befitting of her explosive personality, the roots of Areum's fighting abilities lie with a martial art based around slow, firm movements. A former student of the 'Hadokabe' School, the basis of their teachings can still be seen in her techniques today. In a phrase, the way she fights could be described as 'less is more'. While focusing on comboing and chaining together attacks, Areum focuses of hefty, concussive blows rather than quick ones that build up over time. Each of her attacks is mighty in its own right, and she strikes the enemy in such a way that leaves them reeling long enough to deliver another blow of equal strength. To further this, her movements are as stubborn as they are powerful, discarding dodging altogether in favor of just swinging through the opponent's attacks.

Techniques:
  • Forged In Flame, My Mightiest Blade - A deceptive technique, Areum turns her Aura into a ghostly purple flame, and then wreathes part of her body in it. Rather than increasing the power of her blows as one might expect, however, it instead acts something like a forge. With each blow that Areum delivers within the rhythm of a combo,
  • The Felling of the Mightiest Tree - Playing off of her other skills, Areum transforms the durability of a part of her body into sheer weight, and then brings it down upon her opponent.
  • Distribution of Strength - By taking a deep breath, and steadying her form, Areum distributes her built up durability evenly across her body. This takes about five seconds to execute, and striking her with enough force to stagger her during this time will cause her to lose her stored durability instead.
  • Concentration of Might - The opposite of 'Distribution of Strength', this causes all of Areum's stored durability to surge into one point of her body. This can be executed much more quickly, but it can only be used if her durability is evenly, or almost evenly distributed.

Last edited:
View attachment 524858Character Name: Areum Hadokabe
Alias: Au'lait
Height: 5'7"
Weight:
Hair Color:
Green
Eye Color: Green
Complexion: Pale
Build: Despite appearances, Areum is actually a very well trained woman. She sports a solid network of muscles across her body, though she usually dresses in such a way as to hide them.

Written Appearance: Many scars of varying degrees can be found over all her body, to the point where it's pointless to list them one by one. They're a natural result of her 'no dodge, all blocking' fighting style, most of them owing to her overestimating the strength of her defensive capabilities. The same as her muscles, Areum goes out of her way to cover them up.

Personality:
As if a raging inferno was given a human form, the woman who calls herself "Au'lait" does little to earn her cutesy-sounding alias. Areum is, for lack of gentler terms, a woman who tries very hard to be something that she very much isn't. While she dresses the part of a cute, soft, lovely-looking girly girl, she is instead someone who harbors a temper so great that the Greek Gods would be afraid. She's someone who feels as if the world has cheated her out of much of what she deserves, and any reminder of that will set her off within seconds; Her voice raises to a deafening roar, her expression twists into a deathly scowl, and "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" finds its truest expression.

Current Story:
Areum comes from money, and a lot of it. The firstborn daughter of the of the modern Masters of the Hadokabe School of Martial Arts, she enjoyed a first class ticket to a privileged life, showered with both the boons of wealth and easy access to the best education she could ask for. Her father taught her the essentials of his martial art at an early age, setting her well ahead of her contemporaries, and on a path that would surely lead to her succession of his role as the head of the school.

He was, however, a busy man. Before long, he had to stop playing favorites and Areum became a student like any other. She still enjoyed the boons of her status in her free time, but while training she was just another face in the crowd. Her father didn't look upon her as his child, but instead as just another rowdy kid who needed to be straightened up. It frustrated her; Shouldn't he have been investing more of his time in his own flesh and blood? His legacy to be? So she grew defiant, only to fall behind because of it. Which would only frustrate her further, and the cycle went on. Those around her improved at a steady rate, while she only grew more and more consumed by her various frustrations.

Eventually, the day would come when she would have to prove herself. A week long tournament between all the up and comers of the Hadokabe School, the first of many that would determine who would one day take up the title of 'Master'; And she didn't even make it to the semi finals. This in mind, a particular tradition of the Hadokabe School was called to action. You see, the family who takes the name of Hadokabe is not one lineage. Instead, the Masters of the School take the name as their own, when the are bestowed their title. Areum, for a very long time, had been keeping it only out of her father's hope and good will, but after the steady breakdown of her behavior, and in the light of her failure, he'd no choice but to strip it from her. She was to discard the name she'd worn her whole life, and start anew under her father's original one.

It was supposed to be an act that would humble her, a last ditch effort to steer her back onto the right path so that she could, hopefully, one day reclaim the name Hadokabe. But instead it served as the last straw. The moment she was told, she flew into a rage, seeking out and beating down on the opponent that had robbed her of everything. So instead of just being stripped of her name, she was thrown from the school altogether.

Her father was dead to her. The school was dead to her. The lot of them were scheming against her, she convinced herself, and she would give them their just deserts. So, she abandoned not just the school, but her home too, and took to the streets. She'd become a Master all on her own. She'd take their tepid martial arts to a level they'd never seen before, and then drown them all in her shadow.

Weapon(s): N/A

Aura Color Purple

Fighting Style: Befitting of her explosive personality, the roots of Areum's fighting abilities lie with a martial art based around slow, firm movements. A former student of the 'Hadokabe' School, the basis of their teachings can still be seen in her techniques today. In a phrase, the way she fights could be described as 'less is more'. While focusing on comboing and chaining together attacks, Areum focuses of hefty, concussive blows rather than quick ones that build up over time. Each of her attacks is mighty in its own right, and she strikes the enemy in such a way that leaves them reeling long enough to deliver another blow of equal strength. To further this, her movements are as stubborn as they are powerful, discarding dodging altogether in favor of just swinging through the opponent's attacks.

Techniques:
  • Forged In Flame, My Mightiest Blade - A deceptive technique, Areum turns her Aura into a ghostly purple flame, and then wreathes part of her body in it. Rather than increasing the power of her blows as one might expect, however, it instead acts something like a forge. With each blow that Areum delivers within the rhythm of a combo,
  • The Felling of the Mightiest Tree - Playing off of her other skills, Areum transforms the durability of a part of her body into sheer weight, and then brings it down upon her opponent.
  • Distribution of Strength - By taking a deep breath, and steadying her form, Areum distributes her built up durability evenly across her body. This takes about five seconds to execute, and striking her with enough force to stagger her during this time will cause her to lose her stored durability instead.
  • Concentration of Might - The opposite of 'Distribution of Strength', this causes all of Areum's stored durability to surge into one point of her body. This can be executed much more quickly, but it can only be used if her durability is evenly, or almost evenly distributed.

Where does she come from? Is she Andromedan or from somewhere else?

You're allowed to have up to 5 techniques and you only have 4. Also, while I am sure you left the weight blank intentionally, please mention it any way.

She's Andromedan, yeah. I actually just forgot, haha. Edited it in.

So then she's more than likely Noblesse. Did you read the OP for this game about Noblesse? If she is kicked out or leaves Noblesse, then she cannot go back. I am telling you this more as a fyi. I recommend reading the OP for it should give more to your character's story to show that you read the lore and didn't just write a CS on skimming. You can also click the OOC link, which on that page, gives you the link to the IC. The IC has updated lore either created by me or the players. I want to make sure you know more about this game's lore so you can incorporate it into your CS.

So then she's more than likely Noblesse. Did you read the OP for this game about Noblesse? If she is kicked out or leaves Noblesse, then she cannot go back. I am telling you this more as a fyi. I recommend reading the OP for it should give more to your character's story to show that you read the lore and didn't just write a CS on skimming. You can also click the OOC link, which on that page, gives you the link to the IC. The IC has updated lore either created by me or the players. I want to make sure you know more about this game's lore so you can incorporate it into your CS.
I'm aware of Noblesse, but I was under the assumption that you only get to join the group once you're already one of the big and strong and rad karate dudes, which she isn't. Rather than being kicked from Noblesse, I say she lost out on an easy 'career path' into their ranks. Is it something that you can get into on heritage alone?

I'm aware of Noblesse, but I was under the assumption that you only get to join the group once you're already one of the big and strong and rad karate dudes, which she isn't. Rather than being kicked from Noblesse, I say she lost out on an easy 'career path' into their ranks. Is it something that you can get into on heritage alone?

If her parents are rich and have earned their way into Noblesse, then their offspring are automatically Noblesse until they lose that nobility by demonstrating weakness. Majority of the citizens who are upper-class are mostly Noblesse because they can afford the best schools for their children.

If her parents are rich and have earned their way into Noblesse, then their offspring are automatically Noblesse until they lose that nobility by demonstrating weakness. Majority of the citizens who are upper-class are mostly Noblesse because they can afford the best schools for their children.
Alright, I'll edit in that she got the boot from them too. More things for her to get mad at.

When you make the changes and also include the other things I told you, unless you want her to just have 4 abilities, then let me know.
She only has four because I could only think of four, and I don't really want to hack in something that won't fit in with the others, so it's fine by me. Edited in mentions of Noblesse in paragraphs 1, 4 and 5.

dfdc01f587fc74647040ee64ed8d03ad-sample.pngCharacter Name:
Francesca Drake

Alias:
Il Serpente Pazza

Height:
165 cm

Weight:
60 kg

Hair Color:
Champagne Blonde

Eye Color:
Reddish-brown

Complexion:
Fair

Build:
Nondescript

‘Freelancer’

Written Appearance:
A well-endowed body in nothing but a bra, a loose jacket, short shorts, stockings and combat boots. Francesca’s primary color scheme seems to be black and red. She sports a tattoo of a heart under her left eye.

Personality:
Francesca Drake paints herself as downright stereotypically insane. Mad cackles, bad timings for posing and dancing, occasionally dressing up goofily, and having random, near savant-levels of obsession and knowledge of certain topics. To the world at large, Drake is a wild card, with a capital W-I-L-D.

In truth, perhaps to surprise of many, Drake is a fairly thoughtful and intelligent young lady who is capable of incredible foresight and strategy. There are notable pauses of clarity in the midst of the chaos that is Drake, where she exhibits careful planning of someone experienced in the art of strategy and the eyes of a genius. She likens the field as a tapestry, each thread intertwined with many others to create a picture of absolute chaos, chaos that can be manipulated if she tugged at a string here, a thread there, cut some holes here, and burned a patch here- in short, she knows exactly how a flow of battle should go to claim the result she wants.
Behind closed doors, or to people she can't be damned to put on an act around, she behaves much more stoically, and has a much more strict and professional air around her.

That would be fine and all if Drake ever actually intended on showing her prowess. Her desire for chaos isn’t part of the psychotic mask she wears- she truly revels in chaos and the unpredictability of war, battle, life, and all that hecking business. She doesn't want to know what others think and what others will do. She just wants to live in the moment, and see the fireworks of life explode around her. How interesting would a light show be, after all, if one had seen it before? There is only one right answer for Drake for that question. As such, she would rather be the one carried down the flow rather than the one controlling the flow. After all, this was where the fun was.

There is a certain bloodlust to her that seems to be her primary driving force. She doesn't admit it, but she seems to seek opponents as strong as or stronger than her to expose herself to their fighting style and subsequently develop her own hodgepodge mishmash of one to adapt to theirs. At the same time, she seeks to open the eyes of the proud and the uninitiated that not all fighters will play fair or use conventional and orthodox combat. She likens herself to a wake up call to those yet to have experienced the wilderness, and her opponents to be a wake up call to her about other fighting styles out there.

Current Story:
An assassin in all but name of one of the Noblesse.

A street urchin picked up off the streets of Andromeda, Francesca had neither name nor family, surviving off only the goodwill of others. She learned quickly that preying on this goodwill would only get her so far, and adapted quickly to her situation, becoming a no-good pickpocket who instead preyed off others’ inattentiveness.

How it came to be that she would end up in the pockets of a Noblesse is perhaps one of the luckiest things to happen to the street thug. Whether it was by luck or by skill, she managed to pick the pockets of one of the men in said Noblesse’s retinue. That a child could escape under their notice as well as manage to flee from them was unprecedented by the Noblesse. They didn't notice her at all, she was just that nondescript and unimpressive that she could just appear behind them without a trace of her presence. The Noblesse, having seen just how useful such a lowly being like her could be, brought her in under his tutelage, teaching her his methods against the martial artists of Andromeda. Famiglia di Serpente, he called it, but he would rather it be unnamed. His ‘martial arts’ was no true martial art. Instead, it focused solely on its practitioner's own physical skill in manipulating themselves while watching the opponent. It had some roots in some martial arts, and incorporated a great many of them into its moves, but in the end, it was just a melting pot of myriads of fighting styles, all meant to disrupt and dispatch of martial artists. As his own pet snake, Francesca was often sent out to ‘remove’ certain individuals from the Noblesse’s notice. She was fine with that, all said and done, and enjoyed it. Every new encounter, every new hunt, was a new experience to her. They taught her many things, of many martial arts, of many fighting styles. More importantly, they taught her how to adapt and survive against them.

Nowadays, Francesca lives her own life as an independent woman. With enough allowance from her Noblesse sugar daddy, she lives rather comfortably in her own apartment. However, the snake is yet to have eaten its fill. She wanted to see more, experience more, fight more, lose more, win more. She wanted to fight every single martial artist in Andromeda and feel their convictions, their heart, she wanted to see them improve, and she wanted herself to improve. A world of the strong- that was what she sought. What better way to test these people who claim themselves strong other than becoming the test herself? A test that could only get more and more difficult. The ultimate pinnacle of martial arts, Akashiro Koizumi, was her target, and this time, the assignment wasn't from her Noblesse liege.

Weapon(s):
A simple and sturdy machete. It is her weapon of choice, though she is more than capable of handling herself without a weapon.

Fighting Style:
A myriad of styles cobbled together designed specifically to completely render most close-ranged martial artists almost completely incapable of touching her without having to rely on cheap techniques. Her style, hitherto unnamed, focuses heavily on disrupting the flow and rhythm of an opponent, mostly by sticking to them and refusing them any space to navigate. She focuses mainly on stopping an opponent’s movements before they even begin through resisting them at the point of beginning, such as stepping on their foot to prevent them from starting up a kick, or striking their bicep before they can throw a punch.

She favours a dance-like stance, constantly moving on her feet with grandiose showboating. Whether it be a staple of her unnamed style or just part of her gambit to confuse and infuriate opponents, it isn't made very clear. What is, however, is that she also does tend to execute actual breakdancing techniques on offence and defence, on account that theatricality and deception are powerful agents against the uninitiated. One should take care not to get kicked in the face by her chair flares- they hurt. Where she cannot overwhelm her opponent by jamming their movements, she tends to favour more evasive behaviour. Due to her lacklustre overall body strength when compared to true martial artists, she uses acrobatic flips and moves to augment her attacks with more strength through the momentum, such as backflipping into a stomp on the gut, utilising gravity to intensify her impact. A thing to note, however, is that Drake does not remain stationary, even in terms of styles. She may choose to forgo her usual dancing movements for a more stable stance and vice versa.

She tends to incorporate more underhanded means into her style as well, such as the aforementioned excessive showboating, or pressing up her body against her opponent's when she’s up close to try and get a reaction out of them, and generally doing all in her power to make the fight as annoying and drawn out than it already is. She never really honors much of a martial artist’s conventions on where to strike, and always goes for an attack below the belt where possible.

Techniques:
Many of Drake’s techniques revolve around the behaviour of her opponent, and may change on the fly depending on just how they react to it.

Ricevere: Drake delivers a sweeping kick aimed at the head. It is delivered in such a way that the opponent usually has enough time to react. If they don't, they get a jarring kick to the head, sending them sprawling onto the ground. If they do duck under the attack, Drake utilises the momentum to kick off the ground and sweep her machete under her legs, slashing her opponent in one acrobatic flip. An unarmed variant exists where she instead drops and immediately shoots out a leg and sweeps upwards into the opponent’s groin.

Consegnare: Drake opens with throwing her machete into the air behind her, and follows up with any string of attacks meant to stun the opponent, with strikes aimed towards the solar plexus or the face. At the point where the machete is at a point where she thinks is close enough, she backs up and kicks the machete at its pommel, sending it straight into the opponent, who is preferably stunned enough to have the machete lodge itself into somewhere soft and vulnerable. She has a close range variant where if the opponent is much closer, she kicks the machete right into the opponent rather than kick it a distance. She extracts the machete right after, allowing her to follow up with another assault.

Arrotolare di Il Serpente: Drake sprints towards an opponent and throws herself at them while spinning, wrapping herself around them in the process. With the gathered momentum, she sends the opponent stumbling while she swings around them. She ends the performance by clamping the opponent’s head between her thighs and twists herself and bringing them to the ground. She will oftentimes perform a variation where she will finish with herself upside down, while still clinging on to the opponent’s arm and neck, then deliver a knee straight down to their face.

Stretta di Il Serpente: Not technically a technique but well worth mentioning due to how effective it is. Drake evades an attack and approaches from behind and attains a chokehold on her opponent. Her grip is strong enough, and her small body makes her very hard to peel off once she gets a proper hold on her target, especially in an open space and with the oxygen and blood flow being cut off from the head. A normal human being loses consciousness within 10 seconds of having their blood flow cut off from their brain- martial artists may have the benefit of having more time, but one should still immediately try to find a way to get her off their back.

View attachment 526932Character Name:
Francesca Drake

Alias:
Il Serpente Pazza

Height:
165 cm

Weight:
60 kg

Hair Color:
Champagne Blonde

Eye Color:
Reddish-brown

Complexion:
Fair

Build:
Nondescript

‘Freelancer’

Written Appearance:
A well-endowed body in nothing but a bra, a loose jacket, short shorts, stockings and combat boots. Francesca’s primary color scheme seems to be black and red. She sports a tattoo of a heart under her left eye.

Personality:
Francesca Drake paints herself as downright stereotypically insane. Mad cackles, bad timings for posing and dancing, occasionally dressing up goofily, and having random, near savant-levels of obsession and knowledge of certain topics. To the world at large, Drake is a wild card, with a capital W-I-L-D.

In truth, perhaps to surprise of many, Drake is a fairly thoughtful and intelligent young lady who is capable of incredible foresight and strategy. There are notable pauses of clarity in the midst of the chaos that is Drake, where she exhibits careful planning of someone experienced in the art of strategy and the eyes of a genius. She likens the field as a tapestry, each thread intertwined with many others to create a picture of absolute chaos, chaos that can be manipulated if she tugged at a string here, a thread there, cut some holes here, and burned a patch here- in short, she knows exactly how a flow of battle should go to claim the result she wants.
Behind closed doors, or to people she can't be damned to put on an act around, she behaves much more stoically, and has a much more strict and professional air around her.

That would be fine and all if Drake ever actually intended on showing her prowess. Her desire for chaos isn’t part of the psychotic mask she wears- she truly revels in chaos and the unpredictability of war, battle, life, and all that hecking business. She doesn't want to know what others think and what others will do. She just wants to live in the moment, and see the fireworks of life explode around her. How interesting would a light show be, after all, if one had seen it before? There is only one right answer for Drake for that question. As such, she would rather be the one carried down the flow rather than the one controlling the flow. After all, this was where the fun was.

There is a certain bloodlust to her that seems to be her primary driving force. She doesn't admit it, but she seems to seek opponents as strong as or stronger than her to expose herself to their fighting style and subsequently develop her own hodgepodge mishmash of one to adapt to theirs. At the same time, she seeks to open the eyes of the proud and the uninitiated that not all fighters will play fair or use conventional and orthodox combat. She likens herself to a wake up call to those yet to have experienced the wilderness, and her opponents to be a wake up call to her about other fighting styles out there.

Current Story:
An assassin in all but name of one of the Noblesse.

A street urchin picked up off the streets of Andromeda, Francesca had neither name nor family, surviving off only the goodwill of others. She learned quickly that preying on this goodwill would only get her so far, and adapted quickly to her situation, becoming a no-good pickpocket who instead preyed off others’ inattentiveness.

How it came to be that she would end up in the pockets of a Noblesse is perhaps one of the luckiest things to happen to the street thug. Whether it was by luck or by skill, she managed to pick the pockets of one of the men in said Noblesse’s retinue. That a child could escape under their notice as well as manage to flee from them was unprecedented by the Noblesse. They didn't notice her at all, she was just that nondescript and unimpressive that she could just appear behind them without a trace of her presence. The Noblesse, having seen just how useful such a lowly being like her could be, brought her in under his tutelage, teaching her his methods against the martial artists of Andromeda. Famiglia di Serpente, he called it, but he would rather it be unnamed. His ‘martial arts’ was no true martial art. Instead, it focused solely on its practitioner's own physical skill in manipulating themselves while watching the opponent. It had some roots in some martial arts, and incorporated a great many of them into its moves, but in the end, it was just a melting pot of myriads of fighting styles, all meant to disrupt and dispatch of martial artists. As his own pet snake, Francesca was often sent out to ‘remove’ certain individuals from the Noblesse’s notice. She was fine with that, all said and done, and enjoyed it. Every new encounter, every new hunt, was a new experience to her. They taught her many things, of many martial arts, of many fighting styles. More importantly, they taught her how to adapt and survive against them.

Nowadays, Francesca lives her own life as an independent woman. With enough allowance from her Noblesse sugar daddy, she lives rather comfortably in her own apartment. However, the snake is yet to have eaten its fill. She wanted to see more, experience more, fight more, lose more, win more. She wanted to fight every single martial artist in Andromeda and feel their convictions, their heart, she wanted to see them improve, and she wanted herself to improve. A world of the strong- that was what she sought. What better way to test these people who claim themselves strong other than becoming the test herself? A test that could only get more and more difficult. The ultimate pinnacle of martial arts, Akashiro Koizumi, was her target, and this time, the assignment wasn't from her Noblesse liege.

Weapon(s):
A simple and sturdy machete. It is her weapon of choice, though she is more than capable of handling herself without a weapon.

Fighting Style:
A myriad of styles cobbled together designed specifically to completely render most close-ranged martial artists almost completely incapable of touching her without having to rely on cheap techniques. Her style, hitherto unnamed, focuses heavily on disrupting the flow and rhythm of an opponent, mostly by sticking to them and refusing them any space to navigate. She focuses mainly on stopping an opponent’s movements before they even begin through resisting them at the point of beginning, such as stepping on their foot to prevent them from starting up a kick, or striking their bicep before they can throw a punch.

She favours a dance-like stance, constantly moving on her feet with grandiose showboating. Whether it be a staple of her unnamed style or just part of her gambit to confuse and infuriate opponents, it isn't made very clear. What is, however, is that she also does tend to execute actual breakdancing techniques on offence and defence, on account that theatricality and deception are powerful agents against the uninitiated. One should take care not to get kicked in the face by her chair flares- they hurt. Where she cannot overwhelm her opponent by jamming their movements, she tends to favour more evasive behaviour. Due to her lacklustre overall body strength when compared to true martial artists, she uses acrobatic flips and moves to augment her attacks with more strength through the momentum, such as backflipping into a stomp on the gut, utilising gravity to intensify her impact. A thing to note, however, is that Drake does not remain stationary, even in terms of styles. She may choose to forgo her usual dancing movements for a more stable stance and vice versa.

She tends to incorporate more underhanded means into her style as well, such as the aforementioned excessive showboating, or pressing up her body against her opponent's when she’s up close to try and get a reaction out of them, and generally doing all in her power to make the fight as annoying and drawn out than it already is. She never really honors much of a martial artist’s conventions on where to strike, and always goes for an attack below the belt where possible.

Techniques:
Many of Drake’s techniques revolve around the behaviour of her opponent, and may change on the fly depending on just how they react to it.

Ricevere: Drake delivers a sweeping kick aimed at the head. It is delivered in such a way that the opponent usually has enough time to react. If they don't, they get a jarring kick to the head, sending them sprawling onto the ground. If they do duck under the attack, Drake utilises the momentum to kick off the ground and sweep her machete under her legs, slashing her opponent in one acrobatic flip. An unarmed variant exists where she instead drops and immediately shoots out a leg and sweeps upwards into the opponent’s groin.

Consegnare: Drake opens with throwing her machete into the air behind her, and follows up with any string of attacks meant to stun the opponent, with strikes aimed towards the solar plexus or the face. At the point where the machete is at a point where she thinks is close enough, she backs up and kicks the machete at its pommel, sending it straight into the opponent, who is preferably stunned enough to have the machete lodge itself into somewhere soft and vulnerable. She has a close range variant where if the opponent is much closer, she kicks the machete right into the opponent rather than kick it a distance. She extracts the machete right after, allowing her to follow up with another assault.

Arrotolare di Il Serpente: Drake sprints towards an opponent and throws herself at them while spinning, wrapping herself around them in the process. With the gathered momentum, she sends the opponent stumbling while she swings around them. She ends the performance by clamping the opponent’s head between her thighs and twists herself and bringing them to the ground. She will oftentimes perform a variation where she will finish with herself upside down, while still clinging on to the opponent’s arm and neck, then deliver a knee straight down to their face.

Stretta di Il Serpente: Not technically a technique but well worth mentioning due to how effective it is. Drake evades an attack and approaches from behind and attains a chokehold on her opponent. Her grip is strong enough, and her small body makes her very hard to peel off once she gets a proper hold on her target, especially in an open space and with the oxygen and blood flow being cut off from the head. A normal human being loses consciousness within 10 seconds of having their blood flow cut off from their brain- martial artists may have the benefit of having more time, but one should still immediately try to find a way to get her off their back.

She's approved. Got another crazy assassin chick on the team.

We're getting ready to finish our first plot event. This game is always accepting new fighters! The next plot event will be an underground tournament. :3D:

Character Name: Sogen Toguro. "Big T"
Alias: The Giant, The Wall, the Rock. *Shamu (Hated.)
Height: 7ft 8in
Weight: 779lbs
Hair Color: Jet black
Eye Color: Dark brown
Complexion: Reddish Tan
Build: Superfat Solid

Visual Appearance:
33fbc11e50bf0d8ec182a22a9a9ea89b.jpg
(need help downsizing.)
Written Appearance: The massive body of Sogen has acted as a canvass for many artists. The tattoo's seen spread across his shoulders in the image actually encompass every inch of his body barring his hands, feet, and face. Surprisingly he has no scars to speak of on his body. When angered he turns a bright shade of red. When not wearing his mawashi he can be found in fancy suits tailor made for his large size. He has never been seen wearing shoes.

Personality: Sogen is a commanding pressence in more than one way. He is loud, proud, and very much focused on his honor. He does not handle insults well and has a rather short fuse, when he does blow his top he seems to wholeheartedly dedicate himself to destroying his foe so long as it doesnt make him seem weak or otherwise harm his reputation. He is renowned for his stubbornness, almost never changing his mind even when he is proven wrong. He seems more happy doing mental gymnastics to justify his position rather than listening to the positions of another. However as much of a problem as it may be, his Stubbornness and honor focus seems to have its boons. The man refuses to say what he doesnt believe is true and adheres to his word as if it were a law of physics. Never having been one to beat around the bush or sugarcoat things rest assured when he says something he means it.

Current Story: Born to the vastly wealthy telecommunications king Raijin Toguro Sogen was not born with a silver spoon but rather a golden one studded in diamonds. As a child he was spoiled by parents who were never there for him and thought a checkbook and a shower of gifts would fill their shoes. As such with no supervision and no restrictions the boy became heavily obese to the point where his health came into question at the young age of 8. However his father was not going to accept his son being handicapped by anything short of battle wounds having made it Yutaka with his tournament victory ten years before his son was born strength was very valuable to him. As was the struggle that climbing to the top came with. Because of this the young toguro was sent to be raised by his mother in a Wushu temple located in the mountains of northern japan.

Over the next ten years Toguro trained hard as he could and though he had to be motivated by snacks and food his progress was stellar. He grew to massive proportions yet kept his body in deceptively excellent condition, his health greatly improved until his feats of stamina, strength, and endurance reached a point where other students began to fear sparring with him. This was around the time they began calling The Wall, on account of the thick muscle wall hidden behind his outermost layer. Finally reaching his adulthood he made his way back home with the intention of finding and destroying his father in a fair fight to prove his superiority over him. This goal became much harder to accomplish than he had initially thought. As he learned through five consecutive losses in tournaments back to back. He came to discover his limitations and just how powerful the fighters of andromeda were.

Not content to just accept his fate and in desperate need of a way to make endsmeat he decided to join a local semi professional sumo wrestling league...and utter devastated the competition, with a tremendous record of 22-0 and setting records for time and even hurling foes just as large as himself out of the ring entirely. It wasnt long before he made it to the professional league, and it was much the same outcome with him shatyering records and remaining undeafeated in the sport. What came with it was wealth and fame, something that toguro hadnt realized he needed.

However rather than settling with his newfound life he decided he would put all of his being towards his goal. With the best equipment money could buy, a very closely monitored high protein diet, and the dedication of a mindless machine he has continued to push his limits further and further. In the past month rumors have been floating around that he intends to rejoin the martial arts tournaments again. A proposal that has been met with equal disdain and excitement.

Weapon(s): Though he very rarely uses weapons, when he does he uses twin large round shields with poslished reflective surfaces. These heavy steel shields are able to withstand small arms fire and are studded on the front for bashing his foes.
japaneseshield.jpg

Aura: Emerald Green

Fighting Style:
Toguro uses a mix of Wushu, Sumo, Wrestling ,and Street brawling to create a defensive style with explosive damage potential. Guarding his vital areas and wading into his opponents offensive flurry hoping to secure a heavy hit or a grab. If he manages to get his foe on the ground his damage potential jumps into lethal levels with heavy stomps and gorilla hammer fists that dont need to be precise to crush his foes. His style does have a glaring weakness... It is very slow, but by putting his heavy weight behind each strike and waiting for the best opportunity he makes up for it with ample raw power. When using shields his fighting styles becomes surprisingly more aggressive.

Techniques

Earth Stomp- A heavy stomp on the ground laced with ki. The force of the stomp can cause the ground nearby him to shake violently for a fraction of a second throwing his oppenets off balance for a counter attack. This attack has shown the ability to crumble concrete and stone beneath his heel. When used on a Prone positioned foe this attacks damage is greatly increased. If he has his sheilds he will be able to defend while using the technique.

Gravity toss- A sumo grapple where he lowers himself below an opponents center of gravity before thrusting his belly at his foe in an upward motion in the hopes of propelling his foe into the air. he has shown that this technique is powerful enough in its launch capacity to allow him to ring out other sumo wrestlers while the starting bell still vibrated. As with most techniques he uses this move is a set up for combo's. If he has his shields a foe knocked upwards will have a shield thrown at them like a certain star spangled superhero.

Stopping power- A ki coated palm thrust which deals more damage to faster moving foes if it hits. He has claimed this move can stop an elephant in its tracks, however his best confirmed usage was stopping the charge of a 660lb sumo wrestler. When used with a shield more damage is added.

Trample- By coating his belly in Ki and charging forward at his foes toguro can temporarily become highly resistant to forward damage. The way he charges shifts his bellies position up and down rapidly which will knock a foe back on the rising blow, or knock them down with the falling blow, if a foe is knocked down and fails to get out of his path they will be trampled underfoot. If he has his sheilds a foe knocked up who fails to defend will be swatted back down to continue the combo.

A-Bomb- Considered his ultimate technique Toguro can only initiate this technique if he successfully lands a bear hug on his foe. While holding the foe to his stomach he then jumps as high as he can propell himself with his ki, usually around the same as his standing height. Then lands with a devastating belly flop where his foe is between him and the ground. He takes almost no damage from falls while using this technique and will often optimize the damage by jumping off of elevated platforms with the foe in tote. He has never used this technique on a living target, however when used against a crash test dummy it destroyed the dummies torso entirely showing easily lethal capacity, likely his reason for not using it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back